homepage

Old Dogs..New Tricks..

Posted By: Stewie

Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 01:36 AM

Sign in...HERE

(EDIT for clarity)
If you´re interested in doing "something" occasionally, with like minded people, a bit of craic, light conversation, a little gaming now and then, some laughs, etc, then let me know in this thread. I´ll make a list.
ANy, and all, posts are very welcome, even the ones that say "Eff off ya wanka" in an Aussie accent, ´cos that´ll be Bones and Fatman signing in biggrin biggrin biggrin
We´re putting the band back together, we´re on a mission from god
:thumbs:
(/EDIT)

AFter a ten year layoff I decided to get back to online stuff again. Looked for me fave sites, found SimHQ smile Hiya smile
Ok, found the sites, now I´m looking for me old mates....found a few.. Hiya smile
Still looking for the guys who used I used to gto ónline´with..here´s a few me and Platty put together.
JAMF
CoolHand
The Penetrator
T.Rex
DM
Vip
Banner
Semmern
MeanGreeny
Twitch
Recluse
Goose. ( Won´t be joining us. He sent me an MP3 singing Happy birthday, massive texas accent,. Then regretted it when he found out I was a pro singer. LOL. I loved that guy. He´s not with us anymore) I put Goose in the list because I loved that man. We talked for hours sometimes.
Aussies..Bones and Phil Nichols (Fatman)
Letterboy,
Panther. Where the fack are ya Jim???

Anyways,k I/we would like to put together a team of like minded individuals to get together, on an ad hoc basis, to have some fun.
Notice I didn´t say "Play some games". Not a requirement. We´d hang out on a msging app, comms server, whatever, if we want to play something, we will. but we don´t have to.
LOLOL, I just remembered, one of my OUR favourite people, Skyfire, only ever played Flatout with us. We played many many hours more in Ghost Recon, but Skyfish was def a favourite to hang out with, in Flatout, the Froggie bassa biggrin
Suggestions for games are very welcome. ATM, I have EECH, and no frikkin HOTAS until next week. biggrin I do have some other stuff installed but, tbh, I can´t be assed looking right now. It´s way past me bedtime and I have had wodka.
FPS are good, anything requiring teamwork..fantastic. Suggestions please.

Notional Requirements...
1: Comms, voice..not essential while we´re pre-game chatting (in some IM app, to be arranged), but absolutely a must have in-game.
2: You must be crap at whatever game we´re playing. We will all learn, online, together. And die frequently, together.
3: Wine, beer, spirits, all welcome. We will all laugh at you as you fall out of your chair smile
4: Come and practice your English! I reckon Blackshark has a killer accent biggrin

K, I´ve run out of steam, it´s late, anyone got any thoughts?

xxx
Posted By: Falstar

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 05:41 AM

Sorry Stewie, Panther (Jim) passed also, I'm guessing at least 6 years ago.

I know some of the guys used to hang out at http://frugalsrefugees.yuku.com/ You might catch T-Rex (Tom) there sometimes. I haven't been there for a long while. And of course the hard core Falcon guys hang out at http://www.bmsforum.org/forum/content.php including Mower. I really haven't kept up with things since FreeFalcon closed. I know on the back page of the FreeFalcon manual, Aragorn used to keep a dedication page for our fallen brothers.

I still have the Cougar that Acog gave me. Time to replace a couple of buttons in it. I should convert it over to hall-effect switches some day.

You mentioned EECH. Do you have the latest update? Those guys down in the EECH forums here have done a super job at updating it. It really is beautiful now.
Posted By: Murphy

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 06:30 AM

Semmern and Bones were on yesterday, Letterboy is still a member here, but as Letterboy1, also posted yesterday, the rest I haven't heard from in quite some time. But I haven't checked them all.
You could check the 'directory', and maybe some of them are posting in the flight sim, or other forums here, I'm not sure.
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 07:51 AM

Hi ya Stewie, still got the F-16 cockpit?

biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 09:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Falstar
Sorry Stewie, Panther (Jim) passed also, I'm guessing at least 6 years ago.

I know some of the guys used to hang out at http://frugalsrefugees.yuku.com/ You might catch T-Rex (Tom) there sometimes. I haven't been there for a long while. And of course the hard core Falcon guys hang out at http://www.bmsforum.org/forum/content.php including Mower. I really haven't kept up with things since FreeFalcon closed. I know on the back page of the FreeFalcon manual, Aragorn used to keep a dedication page for our fallen brothers.

I still have the Cougar that Acog gave me. Time to replace a couple of buttons in it. I should convert it over to hall-effect switches some day.

You mentioned EECH. Do you have the latest update? Those guys down in the EECH forums here have done a super job at updating it. It really is beautiful now.

Panther..Damn! Yeah, I remember now. Chit, that man was like a brother to me. Chit!

Checking frugs refugees right now...thanks for the linky

Aragorn, one of the very few REALLY interesting guys. A nutter, but interesting biggrin

ACOG, anohter interesting man. There can only ever be one ACOG.

EECH, Yep, got em all. I cannot believe the goodness that has been done to that old game. It is truly incredible. Moocho kudos to the troops who´ve done all that work.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Murphy
Semmern and Bones were on yesterday, Letterboy is still a member here, but as Letterboy1, also posted yesterday, the rest I haven't heard from in quite some time. But I haven't checked them all.
You could check the 'directory', and maybe some of them are posting in the flight sim, or other forums here, I'm not sure.

SNagged Semm yesterdeay. Have you seen his pics? He´s a Scandinavian super-model, AND he flies planes in R/L as well. #%&*$#!

Right..BONES...BONES...Where are ya?? Check in, dude! biggrin (Ooh chit! I´ve just remembered his real name!..I have him on Facebook biggrin )

LB1, fancy some EECH occasionally?

Thanks Murph, good info.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Alicatt
Hi ya Stewie, still got the F-16 cockpit?

biggrin

Heya ALicatt wave Long time no see, eh? smile

Ahh, my old AImsworth ´pit. No mate, sold it when I moved to Spain. It went to a lovely bloke in Ireland.
Long long roller-coaster of a ride to get to where I am now, both physically and mentally. My mates say I should write a book, heheh.
Really good to see you.
Hang on, my dim and distant memory is staring to kick in..are you Scottish? Or am I being daft.
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 10:10 AM

Aye, you would be right there, you are not daft, used to live in the far north up in Wick. Now moved to Belgium a few years ago and got married last year biggrin

Life is a bit of a rollercoaster, I've certainly had a few ups and downs to get here!

I did wonder what happened to you not seen you online for a long time!

I'm just waiting on my senior bus pass arriving now, time marches on.
old_simmer
Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 01:11 PM

Coolhand does not post any more but he is alive and well and we keep in touch.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 01:15 PM

Recluse posts once in a blue moon here and there, he's not what you'd call a regular visitor any more.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: Recluse

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 01:45 PM

I read the forums many times every day ...post fairly frequently. Mostly playing Elite Dangerous and occasional BMS these days when I have time. Had a bit of a simming lull during some house renovations and moving. Gradually getting back to it.

Ok maybe not so frequently... 15 posts since May 24th smile Feels like I am always here, though smile

Posted By: DBond

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Stewie

LOLOL, I just remembered, one of my OUR favourite people, Skyfire, only ever played Flatout with us. We played many many hours more in Ghost Recon, but Skyfish was def a favourite to hang out with, in Flatout, the Froggie bassa biggrin

Agreed. Skyfire was one of the good ones. He always seemed to get the latest RPGs just before I did and he would post reviews and AARs that helped me make my decision. Just a cool cat, levelheaded, and not everyone there was, as we all know. Same with Jive-ass (JAMF). JAMF was one of the most helpful and knowledgable forum posters I've ever met. Plus we spent alot of time flying with the 'Captains' in IL-2. He is a member here, but hasn't posted since November 2013.

Semmern hangs here, as you know. JC (JohnnyChemo) is in contact with Rivver (ACOG) from time to time. I think I will always know him as Rivv. Banner was active at the refugees. I'm Steam and FB friends with Coolhand. He still plays, but doesn't post as far as I know.
Posted By: Master

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 04:35 PM

If you need a chat/voice program that's free check out discord.

https://discordapp.com/

There is even a SimHQ channel (which goes unused for the most part)

https://discord.gg/0m2XEcx3ywjsGkFt

As for games

Check out DCS. It's pretty much replaced a lot of the old simulators we all used to play. I'd say it even replaced EECH though it doesnt have all the helicopters fleshed out. It does have a huge stable of planes and expanding every month.
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

For FPS check out Insurgency. Nice little shooter that has 8 (+ on mod servers) person coop on fairly large/open maps. The SimHQ guys play it every Friday. You can find their group in the tactical combat forum. The game goes on sale often for less than 10 bucks.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/222880/

Also a good one to watch is Squad. It's a 100 player large open map player vs player FPS. It's in beta right now and they are just about to add in vehicles. The SimHQ guys play it every sat/sunday. Again check the tactical forum.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/

Another good one to keep an eye on is Ground Branch. It's basically the sequel to Ghost Recon. Its also in beta and just getting to the point where they are allowing coop vs AI.
http://www.groundbranch.com/

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 05:02 PM

Hey there
Some great info from you guys, thanks. I shall be lookingh into those games right now. First look? I like the insurgence one, although Ground Branch is also intriguing. DCS? Hmm, It´s a bit too, I dunno, sterile, does that make sense?
Anyways, I´ll be back
xxx
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 05:07 PM

DCS? Hmm, It´s a bit too, I dunno, sterile, does that make sense?

xxx

LOL You haven't participated in many of the SimHQ flight sim debates have you? biggrin

Yes, "sterile" gets used a LOT to describe DCS World and most of the other Russian/Eastern European developed flight sims.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/21/16 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
DCS? Hmm, It´s a bit too, I dunno, sterile, does that make sense?

xxx

LOL You haven't participated in many of the SimHQ flight sim debates have you? biggrin

Yes, "sterile" gets used a LOT to describe DCS World and most of the other Russian/Eastern European developed flight sims.

LOL, not recently mate, no.
Posted By: BagoBonez

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 01:45 AM

I'm here and I'm in! Fek you Stewie for making me get up at 6am again to play with ya! ar15

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: BagoBonez
I'm here and I'm in! Fek you Stewie for making me get up at 6am again to play with ya! ar15

Heheh, love that accent! biggrin Great to see you.

CHill a while, Bones, gotta gather the herd yet.
I´m wondering what games we can get organised so we can all hop in together. I, for one, don´t have that many atm. Been offline for 10 years or so.
Ooh, just checked..I have SWAT 4 installed.
BF2
Bf 1942, Desert COmbat Final, DCX.

I´m loving BF2 with the AIX mod. Awesome, but a bit unstable.
BF4 installed.
I see that Ghost Recon is only 5 euros on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/15300
Ravenshield 5 euros http://store.steampowered.com/app/19830/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1
I´ll try and find out if they´ve been been community modded at all.

I gotta go, Bonio, I´m being terrorized by a mosquito the size of a feckin submarine! I´ll be back though.
Nice to see you Bruce wave
Posted By: coolhand20th

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 08:02 PM

Panther didn't pass. And I have coms a 15 slot teamspeak server as you know Stewie. You yourself have used it. You know how to get a hold of me ya goofy bastage! Even on text msg!

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 08:03 PM

I will NOT Be involved if ACOG or Spectre or their ilk or are involved or gaming. You know how I feel about what happened Stewie. Or Mower, I have access to a few people including Scout, Pitts and many of the ones you listed on your 1st post.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: coolhand20th
Panther didn't pass. And I have coms a 15 slot teamspeak server as you know Stewie. You yourself have used it. You know how to get a hold of me ya goofy bastage! Even on text msg!

Well, he might as well have done, I no see hide nor hair for years. He just cast us aside *sniff* biggrin
Gotta ease people into it.

Yer throwing my timetable off, CH, If you´d have just stfu for another 3 hours I was gonna blast you on FB messenger biggrin
I remembered about your TS server, I don´t have the details at hand but, yeah, I remembered.

Anyway, I can´t understand a word you´re saying, it´s the accent, y´know. biggrin

I´ma start another thread for people to sign up, this one is getting confusing.

PM me the details of your server Jimbob, You got time for a chinwag?

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 08:39 PM

Pffffffft I do what I want when I want..NO goofy bastage with an accent is gonna stop me! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LONG LIVE THE EVIL EMPIRE!

Yeah I can send over the TS stuff to your FB account. I don't want that public till later. I can expand it but that will take people pitching in. Being disabled for life and on a VERY fixed income I can't afford to just up it to 25 slots on my own. Also for some reason if you do have TS installed download the new version don't let it update. Their update system is fubared and has been for a long time. Also yes I have a few minutes to jump up there I will in a minute.

Oh and LONG LIVE THE EVIL EMPIRE!

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 08:39 PM

I will NOT Be involved if ACOG or Spectre or their ilk or are involved or gaming. You know how I feel about what happened Stewie. Or Mower, I have access to a few people including Scout, Pitts and many of the ones you listed on your 1st post.

Yep, I undersdtand.

Brilliant, spread the word, wouldja? Thanks CH
çYou know I love ya like a bruddah biggrin
xxx
Ps, ooh, Pointy, Devil, They were PROPER soldiers, they were!

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 08:41 PM

Devil I was just thinking about him the other day..that goofy doctor loving Porsche driving bastage!

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 08:43 PM

http://www.teamspeak.com/downloads# for those who need it.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 08:52 PM

http://www.teamspeak.com/downloads# for those who need it.

band
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 10:03 PM

The rumors of my passing are slightly exaggerated . . . unless they have to do with passing gas.
Posted By: Murphy

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Murphy

Oh I was quite aware that you are still here Letterboy.

But as "Letterboy1".

Same guy though...... wink

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: letterboy1
The rumors of my passing are slightly exaggerated . . . unless they have to do with passing gas.

Sam Adams? biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 10:47 PM

Pffffffft I do what I want when I want..NO goofy bastage with an accent is gonna stop me! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LONG LIVE THE EVIL EMPIRE!

Yeah I can send over the TS stuff to your FB account. I don't want that public till later. I can expand it but that will take people pitching in. Being disabled for life and on a VERY fixed income I can't afford to just up it to 25 slots on my own. Also for some reason if you do have TS installed download the new version don't let it update. Their update system is fubared and has been for a long time. Also yes I have a few minutes to jump up there I will in a minute.

Oh and LONG LIVE THE EVIL EMPIRE!

Yeah yeah yea, Yawn.
Pass that bucket of pig snouts wouldja? I´m feeling peckish

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 10:55 PM

Sorry all I have is this bucket of Hot Wings that will rip apart your you know what just like said pig snouts but at these have some flavor to them that will last a lifetime in your stomach!

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/22/16 11:50 PM

Yeah, should really go with the times.
"Yo Yo, get em here, get em while they´re hot, SPICY SNOUTS, spicy pig snouts"
Posted By: BagoBonez

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 04:08 AM

I'm currently playing a bunch of Arma 3 with a group here in Australia so I can probably organise use of our Teamspeak and we can definitely use our Arma server(Seeing as I'm the CO for the Arma team wink ) for gaming if people are keen on that

Otherwise, rocking out some old school BF, Ghost Recon or whatever is also fun. Flatout is apparently super cheap on steam according to Fatman!

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 06:44 AM

ROck on, Bonez...
I was on TS with CH last night for a couple of hours. He has a server, we can use it, I already have the details. I´m an old man, I can´t remember two RS server details. biggrin Thanks though, much appreciated and, as a fallback, brilliant thumbsup

ARMA 3. Yeah, I love it but my crappy lappy won´t run it worth a damn. I reckon, online, if I run it at minimum, night misshion, no fx whatsoever, no smoke, I could get away with a 2 man mission biggrin
That´s why it´s gonna have to be retro.
Plus, I´m not looking for new games, really. It´s not the games, it´s the craic, with nutters, I´m reclaiming biggrin

Just off the top of me head I would say BF42 with DC FInal is def a goer. It does good co-op
CLosely followed by Ghost Recon, Ravenshield, and FlatOut
BF2 with the AIX 2 Mod is an awesome piece of kit. A bit unstabgle but it´s superb when it works.
BF 1942 totally free, clicky here.
Now then...where´s Bengo the #%&*$#? I better go looking for him, he´s all on his own out there in the interweb...the interweb is not safe eek

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4281067#Post4281067

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By: BagoBonez

Otherwise, rocking out some old school BF, Ghost Recon or whatever is also fun. Flatout is apparently super cheap on steam according to Fatman!

thumbsup
Mate, can you snag Phil, point him towards this thread, please? Facebook does my head in. I´ll give it a shot but it cfonfuses me biggrin
Ta bro
xxx
Posted By: Skyfire

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 07:47 AM

ffs, I managed to avoid regsitering at SimHQ for at least 15 years, and it took an spanglish basterd to change that, damn you Stewie band

Anyway, thanks for the invite and the kind words guys ... Btw DBond, if you're still looking for wargames, I'd recommend "Order of Battle : World War II", old school wargame, but really well done smile

With that said, I had to deal with pretty tough #%&*$# in the last 2 years, and I'm still trying to recover, so to speak, so don't count on me for online stuff for now, I totally gave up on multiplayer, though I still play a lot of singleplayer games.

On the other hand, one thing that could be interesting, and it's something I never tried online, is driving games (I at least have a wheel since 1 year, but did not use it very much). Assetto Corsa or Project Cars could probably be nice and fun with friends smile

Regards.

EDIT : I tried to contact DM and TRex, I'll see if I can reach Pointy too.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 08:20 AM

YAY, it´s the SKyfish! Hey there buddy biggrin. My nearest neighbour.

Funny that, just as I´m downloading Flatout you pop up , it was you who introduced Flatout to us, remember? A source of many a hysterical laugh as we rammed and charged our way around the courses.
I remember Goose´first time online with us, it was in Flatout. He never stopped giggling, cackling, swearing, laughing out loud, for at least an hour. Even better because of the Texas accent. Hehehe.

Yeah, DM, top blokey. quietly spoken, but LETHAL, especially in a chopper in BF DC, and Pointy, a real trooper. When Pointy and Devil were in GR with us we knew we had quality tactics going on.

I´m going to have to brave Facebook, see if I can find Bengo the bastar*
I´ll be back.
xxxxx

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 08:40 AM

I certainly did not forget Flatout, probably the most fun I have had online biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 08:43 AM

Anyone have any idea where that Scandinavian fecker Triton is? Last I heard he was selling Volvos in Morocco, seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Hmm, hostage maybe? Chained to a radiator somewhere? WHo knows.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 09:02 AM

Alright, I sent a few more invites (including to some people already here apparently, sorry biggrin )

Dunno about Triton, maybe he's in my list, but since I can't remember his name, I'm not sure :/

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Skyfire
I certainly did not forget Flatout, probably the most fun I have had online biggrin

Totally agree, mate. For out and out laughs Flatout was the best. I can honestly say that I used to have tears of laughter running down my face on occasion.
For job satisfaction...GR and RS
Military fun...BF DC
Screaming laughter fits...Flatout.

I braved Facebook,
messaged Pointy (yeah, I know you did too, he told me smile )
Woppa
Mean Greeny
Fatman
DM
Bengo the Belgium Bastar*
The Penetrator

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 09:18 AM

My Flatout D/L has 20 mins left to run. I´ll let you all know if it´s kosher.
Posted By: DM

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 09:49 AM

Hey there Stewie & all others smile I got your message & followed the trail smile

Nice to see old names & find out what life has dealt them. If anyone's life has changed more than mine I'll be hugely impressed smile

After some years of turbulence I now live in Prague, working for one of the world's premiere military training software companies wink it's a great job but I'll probably move on at some point, I've been here like 4 years already. Would stay in Prague though. I recently started to get back into ArmA3 since I bought a new graphics card, mostly just making stupid little addons for my own pleasure rather than actually playing with it though. I guess that's my "gameplay" smile (Although it also seems somewhat the same as my current work).

I have a truly sucky internet connection but it might allow me to join conversations & play some less demanding games biggrin as long as it's OK for me to suddenly blink out of existence now & then. I have a crazy network system I have to use where I modulate the building's power supply with my internet connection as it's the only way for me to access the only phone line in the building across 2 floors. Yeah. Soviet style 3-phase power FTW.

I've kept in touch on a here & there basis with Skyfire & T-Rex, and very occasionally Gargoyle (who had his first child maybe 2 days ago as I type).

I don't have much idea about what game I might like to play. I've been kind of casting about looking for something, but I have no idea what form my ideal game might take. I favour ArmA, Minecraft, Skyrim, Total War, Crusader Kings II. Nothing really I can put my finger on biggrin but I'd be happy to try something new and/or casual.

Good to hear from you fellas. Also, it seems I've always had an account here. Just signed in with "DM" & my usual forum password & hey presto, in.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 09:50 AM

Oh hey my famous signature has survived too biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 10:30 AM

AhhHAAARRRR! DM! Mr M! David! Dave! D!

That´s the most you´ve said at, one go, since I visited you at your house! Fascinating, I love hearing what people are up to. biggrin

I´ll put you down as a yes, then. Casual gaming is all we/I´m looking for, same as you.
Retro games is where we´re headed, easy on the lappy, and tons more craic I reckon.
I howled with laughter at you controlling the power supply with your inet, WTF!? biggrin
Feckin NICE to see you, mate.
Righht, yer in.

Everyone, check this out, sign in, sign up, no pressure, just let us know if you´re interested...
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4281067#Post4281067

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 10:53 AM

Can I bring everyones attention to here?
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4281164#Post4281164

I thought it´s be better if we consolidated at the Taqctical Forum.

Please still post all the usual crap here though, it´s hugely entertsaining biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 10:57 AM

My Flatout D/L has 20 mins left to run. I´ll let you all know if it´s kosher.

Yup, it´s fine. Snag it. Link in other post, tac forum.
Just blasted around for ten mins, still smiling.
Purely keyboard driven menus, use arrow keys, enter, and esc, to navigate.
Who would have thought that a game that you control with only W A S and D could be so much fun. Them´s also my initials, btw wink
xxxx
Posted By: bengo

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 11:36 AM

Ow, what a flashback !!!
Hey fellas, hope you're all doing well. Nothing 's changed much for me. Since TeamFW died out 10 years ago, I got into some Falcon flying with Woppa. After that some DCS, then some IVAO-online-FSX-flying and now, for several years already, no real simming or gaming. System is a bit outdated, but I'm looking to do an upgrade towards the end of the year. I fly DCS now and again, Arma3 is installed, BMS is installed but I only use those occasionally. Looking to pick up the pace after my system-upgrade.
Good times indeed :
Triton : "Well, we all made it alive to the end of this mission."
Someone else (anyone really) : "Yeah !!!!........Hey...Triton......TATATATATATA"
And Devil and his "shopping mall security"-story, I'll never forget that. Can't recall exactly how it went though, I must be getting old. God, the endless downloads of add-ons, mods and patches!
Nice to see you are all still around.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 01:25 PM

Btw DBond, if you're still looking for wargames, I'd recommend "Order of Battle : World War II", old school wargame, but really well done smile

Skyfire, I'll be damned. Great to see you, and DM. I feel like it's a school reunion. I'll tell ya, Stewie can move mountains smile

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 01:26 PM

ahhhh Bengo! Hey bro smile
Good timing. I was just about to put you in the list even if you hadn´t shown up here biggrin
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4281164#Post4281164

Seeing as how most people are reading this thread more than the other one....
I propose that the first game, to ease us in gently, should be FlatOut.
It´s free, it´s fun, we don´t have to remember many keys and, if we want Skyhook in with us, this is trhe one that´ll tempt him wink

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: DBond

Btw DBond, if you're still looking for wargames, I'd recommend "Order of Battle : World War II", old school wargame, but really well done smile

Skyfire, I'll be damned. Great to see you, and DM. I feel like it's a school reunion. I'll tell ya, Stewie can move mountains smile

It´s all in the wrist action biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 02:06 PM

The Flatout exe is alarmingly small, I expect it's an installer kickoff exe that will start to download game files? Also my AVG throws a threat warning about it. Does anyone else get a warning?

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 02:08 PM

Hang loose, I´ll c heck the link. Mine was 885mb or something like...hang on...

Try this
http://savelinkr.com/2016/04/17/flatout-1-game/

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 02:14 PM

yep, that works. Follow it through, there´s an anti bot question.
Don´t worry about the password, don´t need it.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 02:24 PM

OK thanks smile downloading.
Posted By: JAMF

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 03:35 PM

You have me on FB, ya spanglish bastardo. biggrin Although I am weening myself off it and you might not link the name to the alias.

I'm on Steam, the JAMF with the P-38 gear & flaps indicator. I mostly play Arma3 (1500+ hours so far) and pCARS. The budget for hardware purchases mainly went to racing. But I now own an HTC Vive and play inside the VR worlds, when it's not too hot. The last time I played with IL2:1946 was when I was in a modding group for the first P-38 cockpit overhaul.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 03:54 PM

Holy Moly J, behold the power of the Stewie. Gang's all here now. How ya been mate?

Frugal should be along shortly I suppose eh?

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 04:01 PM

If you go for Flatout, I still have a little file called TeamFWFlatOutMods.rar, might be useful biggrin

You'll probably need more, though, I see I have FlatoutNet too and some other things, but can't remember what's needed or not.
Posted By: JAMF

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 04:10 PM

Been good DB. How are you? I think Frugal is happy being a full time dad, or we'd have heard more from him.

I need to check what I need for FlatOut. And keep us up to date with what mods we need, Sky. smile What's the name of the new one BTW? WreckFest?

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 04:10 PM

If you go for Flatout, I still have a little file called TeamFWFlatOutMods.rar, might be useful biggrin

You'll probably need more, though, I see I have FlatoutNet too and some other things, but can't remember what's needed or not.

Hmm, yeah, just tried to host a game, ctd.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: JAMF
You have me on FB, ya spanglish bastardo. biggrin Although I am weening myself off it and you might not link the name to the alias.

I'm on Steam, the JAMF with the P-38 gear & flaps indicator. I mostly play Arma3 (1500+ hours so far) and pCARS. The budget for hardware purchases mainly went to racing. But I now own an HTC Vive and play inside the VR worlds, when it's not too hot. The last time I played with IL2:1946 was when I was in a modding group for the first P-38 cockpit overhaul.

Hey JAMF great to see ya bro! biggrin
I´m an idiot when it comes to Facebook. Sometimes I stumble on the right thing, sometimes not. I couldn´t find you, so I added you on Steam. I only managed that because CH talked me thru it biggrin

Link for Flatout 1. http://savelinkr.com/2016/04/17/flatout-1-game/ it´s free.

I remember now that we had a prob with multi-play at first. Is that what those files are SKy? Can you put ém up somewhere?

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 04:22 PM

Been good DB. How are you? I think Frugal is happy being a full time dad, or we'd have heard more from him.

I need to check what I need for FlatOut. And keep us up to date with what mods we need, Sky. smile What's the name of the new one BTW? WreckFest?

It´s a warm feeling when JAMF is on the job! biggrin

1.1 FlatOut
1.2 FlatOut 2
1.3 FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
1.4 FlatOut: Head On
1.5 Flatout Wii
1.6 FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction
1.7 Flatout Stuntman
1.8 FlatOut 4: Total Insanity

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 04:25 PM

Just fine thanks for asking. Where's Nodak? Miss those Sunday Sorties.

Myself, haven't simmed much recently, aside from Silent Hunter. More in to strategy games these days, with a dash of RPG thrown in. Though my current addiction is Out of the Park Baseball. Bought a new house Tuesday. But enough about me. Good to see you guys 'round here.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 04:53 PM

[quote=JAMF]I remember now that we had a prob with multi-play at first. Is that what those files are SKy? Can you put ém up somewhere?

Drop me a pm with an email address where I can send them to you, it's not big.

But as I said, don't ask me how you're supposed to set the whole thing up biggrin

EDIT : Also, see this maybe : http://fo-online.net/

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 04:58 PM

Next Car Game : Wreckfest, actually smile ... I have it on Steam, but not tried yet : http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/

EDIT : and if anyone wants to add me on Steam, here's the link to my profile : http://steamcommunity.com/id/merfab76/

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 05:07 PM

I just D/Ld that folder from there, Sky Avira is telling me that one of the files is dangerous. I don´t think it is, but we´ll see.
I´ll let yáll know how I get on.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 05:21 PM

Downloaded what folder from where ? I just gave the link so you could get some info on what to do, but it's probably safer to get the files from me, that's the same ones we were using at the time smile (they're still dated from 2005 biggrin )

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 05:33 PM

http://fo-online.net/?link=6 Download page.

I´ll give this a shot then, when I screw it up, I´ll use yours biggrin

Hmm, seems like I need a GOG patch as well.

I´ll be back....

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 05:47 PM

Better send em along, Sky. I can´t get this stuff to work. I thought it might have been easier, a one click installer but nope.
And so the patch dance begins :sob:

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 06:06 PM

Found this too, in case FlatoutNet does not work :

Quote:
If you want to play MultiPlayer (with hamachi) edit the launch settings like this:

The Hoster types:
-host="your ip"

The Joiners type:
-join="your ip"

For example:
-host=1.2.3.4
-join=1.2.3.4

And launch the game.

(make sure you are in the same hamachi network as the host)

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 06:09 PM

What´s a hamachi? CHit, more reading...

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 06:10 PM

Lolz .. A program to simulate a local network over Internet, to make it short smile

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 06:15 PM

installing now.

That one click installer for FlatOut stuff didn´t work. I tried all sorts of gymnastics with it but no go. Waiting on your files to come through, did you send ém airmail or by sea?

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 06:20 PM

Lolz .. A program to simulate a local network over Internet, to make it short smile

I´ve just created a network, want to see if you can join?
Stewies FlatOut server
password muppet

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 06:42 PM

I reckon DM is practising in those damned helicopters! That man is a danger to himself and everyone else on the map! biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 07:17 PM

I´ve just created a network, want to see if you can join?
Stewies FlatOut server
password muppet

Sorry, I neither have Flatout nor Hamachi installed biggrin ... Did you receive my files yet, sent them 80 minutes ago :o

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 08:06 PM

Yep, got them from that link. Thanks mate
Still no email arrived though.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 08:10 PM

Hmm, no go with your files either , SKy.
This looks like a no go unless someone else can make it work.

I´m on Windows 7 AND I deidn´t install the game to the default directory. No space on C drive. Feck it.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/23/16 09:19 PM

Right.
Basic install. no patches, nothing extra.
DL this exe
http://fo-online.net/?link=3
Rename original exe to something else, then drop this new exer in the folder.

I can create/host a game without it CTD, anyone want to try and join??

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 01:38 AM

Guys Pitts is also going to game. He is sending out friend invites on Steam as well so don't just ignore it. Also Scout is also possibly going to do this as well.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 01:49 AM

Right now I have 10 slots on the Teamspeak Server. I am willing to upgrade it to 20 out of my own pocket as it will cost me another 12 bucks US to do it but that will have to wait till after EAA and when we have confirmation that people will actually show up. We won't need more then 20. The nice thing is with this server in Chicago it works out better then trying to connect into Aussie land for people in Europe and those of us in the States. It is about even for those in Europe and Aussie to connect here. Stewie has been on there multiple times with no issues, no lag nothing going wrong other then his poor laptop wink

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 03:09 AM

Cheers CH, nice one. Yep, I can confirm it works just fine, apart from CH crappy microphone biggrin

I would go expanding juuuust yet though. Let´s see whappen when we decide when, what, where, etc.
If it´s a real issue, then SimHQ also has a permanent server, and that discord thing, that Master showed me, does voice very well too
No need to be spending your shekels, mate.
Very kind offer though, thank you.
Posted By: banner001

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 06:54 AM

Morning biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 07:22 AM

The good old gaming days eh...

my awesome skills with paint

seriously, they were spot on all the time

Its not ghost recon if you're not goose stepping off a crate

hacking the staff page was always a laugh

D'oh!

Stupid terrorists and your exploding knees...

and as for "junior member"...for shame, i want my subhuman terrorist designation back biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 08:52 AM

OW ow ow ow, my sides!
Feck me, Doc, those bring back memories. I wish I could rep you. No, that´s not a euphemism biggrin
Funny, was just talking about your fireplace the other day. No, not a euphemism, either biggrin

Right mate, do some reading, check it all out, there´s another thread in the Tactical, General forum. Yer in, no backchat, yer in.
Unless you´ve still got the beard, in which case there´ll have to be some serious bribing going on. I am particularly fond of buckets full of snouts biggrin biggrin

Seriously..nice to see you, bro. xxx

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 09:05 AM

Just noticed, Doc, Nuneaton! I was just up the road for two years. JLRRA Bramcote! 2 of the best/worst years of me life! Feck me, I was there before you were born! Jeez!
*takes a comforting swig of wodka, a slimy bite of snout*

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 09:08 AM

Hey, have you got friends in high places? You got your Sub Human Terrorist tag back!
*looks up at the sky*
Whoooaaahhh! If you can hear me.....please can I have my old Bar Steward tag, oh mighty one?

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 09:11 AM

YAY! It worked. Thank you oh mighty, all seeing, all powerful, eye in the sky.
Posted By: Fatman

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 06:23 PM

What is this, Planning a gaming session without me? Room for one more Aussie?

We can definitely use the AEF TeamSpeak server if we want to (I am an admin, scary huh?) as we do not have any limits on the numbers and that way CH will not have to fork out any more money. Up to you lot though. Let me know and I can set up a private password secured channel if you like.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 06:39 PM

I don't like the idea of using Aussie teamspeak. That is too far of a connection for Europe and the people in the US. Imho I would think the US connection would be a perfect comprise for the people in both. Going up isn't a big deal as its 12 bucks and that can be covered. Either way it is a couple weeks off. We will figure it out by then. Simhq can be used as well. Either way someone will have to connect in from a far off place that is the world we live in! lol

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 06:40 PM

Cheers CH, nice one. Yep, I can confirm it works just fine, apart from CH crappy microphone biggrin

I would go expanding juuuust yet though. Let´s see whappen when we decide when, what, where, etc.
If it´s a real issue, then SimHQ also has a permanent server, and that discord thing, that Master showed me, does voice very well too
No need to be spending your shekels, mate.
Very kind offer though, thank you.

It isn't my mic my friend. I've since had 3 other people that I've talked to on other TS servers and it is all on your end.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 06:42 PM

Also I won't be gaming in ArmA, I have a few reasons as to why but that is my choice. I know a lot of you do that game so that list you put up will work out as some don't like certain games and some do.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 06:44 PM

Fair enough, whatever floats your boat. I am currently living in Vienna Austria and have no problems with the TS server back in Oz, but I am good with whatever you guys want to do.

by the way, any of the Frugals guys can send a steam request to me. My user name is AEFFatman.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Fatman
What is this, Planning a gaming session without me? Room for one more Aussie?

We can definitely use the AEF TeamSpeak server if we want to (I am an admin, scary huh?) as we do not have any limits on the numbers and that way CH will not have to fork out any more money. Up to you lot though. Let me know and I can set up a private password secured channel if you like.

Eyyyy Phil! Yeah mate, room for a little one eek
Nice to see you, bro.
That´s a kind offer of the TS server there mate, much appreciated. It´s save CH some money (glares at CH)
I can see what CH means, although he could be a little more diplomatic about it (glares at CH again biggrin )
99% of us are in Eurolandia so it´s (sorry about this) better for 1 or 2 Aussies to have a slight lag than 8-10 Euro-feckers.
But rest assured, if we need the slots, we WILL ask you. Thanks mate.
Right gonna go put you in the list.
Great to have you on-board.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 07:40 PM

And what exactly did I say that was not diplomatic? Doesn't matter what we do someone is going to have to login to a far server. I wasn't rude about it I was stating a fact. I know what you are saying but still. Trying to find a comprise for the server is something that has to be done. Or we all login to a server in aussie land that will cause 75% of the people to have lag issues in coms, especially you with 6mb line. It isn't about asking me or using my server it is for the good of all and what will work best for all involved. Personally i could care less if my server is used, i am more concerned about overall lag for all

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 07:55 PM

Yep, no problems with me. Only offered. CH raised some good points (no issues with the way he raised them, I am used to him) and I have no issues with not using our TS.

My game choice would be Flatout if we can get it working as I remember that being an absolute laugh and would be able to be played by lower end systems without issues.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 08:02 PM

I´m gonna hop onto CH TS server while I´m surfing. ANyone want to jump in..PM me or CH for details.
That ok CH?

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 08:03 PM

After thinking I am out.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 08:04 PM

RE: Flat Out, agreed. Having some connection probs atm. It seems to be a problem with the GOG game as opposed to retail. We used to use FlatOutNet to connect. Doesn´t work any more.
Actually, I´m gonna jump in and see what´s what in game now.
brb.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 08:10 PM

After thinking I am out.

You mean, you´re out? Permanent? WTF?

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 08:13 PM

I´m gonna hop onto CH TS server while I´m surfing. ANyone want to jump in..PM me or CH for details.
That ok CH?

Ok, cancel that.
I´m on SimHQ TS.
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3137414.html

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 08:15 PM

After thinking I am out.

After seeing what was posted towards me..I'm out. You want to use the TS server feel free but I'm not gaming with people who have to get used to me

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 08:25 PM

After thinking I am out.

After seeing what was posted towards me..I'm out. You want to use the TS server feel free but I'm not gaming with people who have to get used to me

You mean me? I´m already used to you. Fatman? He´s used to you too, he said so. It took us years to get used to you :D, remember how long we´ve all been mates?
Pick yer toys up CH, get back in the cot. Wouldn´t be the same without you. mycomputer

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/24/16 08:31 PM

That isn't the point Stewie. If I am that bad that people have to get used to me then i'm out. I've had enough people insult me the last week including friends. Enjoy the gaming

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 10:29 AM

Im currently on a JAMF-donated PC, it does run arma3, but with all the settings turned down low, even then im hovering between 35-45fps, so nothing more taxing than that for me please, flatout was always a good laugh, we need to get a time/day organised and have a meetup on whoever's server if nothing else, just to make sure that everyones mic's work, you can hear and be heard. i know ive not used any of my stuff for years really, so ill be rusty as a red rusty thing, rusting away in a rusty bin.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 10:41 AM

for what its worth, bygones are bygones, i no longer associate with the people that pissed me off in the past, but im mature and old enough now to let it all slide, if it happened more than a few days ago, then for me it may as well never have happened, slates are wiped clean, people are different now to the "good old days", some for the better, some for the worst. CH if you want to game with us you will be more than welcome, its all banter mate, if there are games that you dont play then you sit them out, if there are decisions you dont agree with then you dont have to agree with them, and if they create an impasse then you and them will part and move on unless a solution can be agreed...but i dont see that the position of a voip should cause such an issue, people dont agree with you, then let them get on with it, ive read through everything and no insults were banded about that i can see.

why dont we try the aussie server as its available, not going to cost anyone any cash, and has plenty of slots...and see how it goes?

if the lag is unbearable then we can switch to a different solution? personally i dont give a #%&*$#, it could be based in the south pole being tended to by racist midget communist pansexual dwarves for all i care, i wanna game and chat and have a laugh...end of.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 10:44 AM

OW ow ow ow, my sides!
Feck me, Doc, those bring back memories. I wish I could rep you. No, that´s not a euphemism biggrin
Funny, was just talking about your fireplace the other day. No, not a euphemism, either biggrin

Right mate, do some reading, check it all out, there´s another thread in the Tactical, General forum. Yer in, no backchat, yer in.
Unless you´ve still got the beard, in which case there´ll have to be some serious bribing going on. I am particularly fond of buckets full of snouts biggrin biggrin

Seriously..nice to see you, bro. xxx

you too stewie, the beard is here, but shorter and more manageable now, ill check out this other forum you speak of and get back to you here, or in there.

PS i still owe you a mega-chicken biggrin much better than snouts

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 11:43 AM

Heheh, rock on, Doc smile

Right troops
I need someone to do some testing with me.
Comms on SimHQ TS server, info HERE

1: Test connection in FlatOut. Make sure you have the replacement exe from HERE
I´m not confident with this one, but we´ll see.
Has anyone got FlatOut 2? It´s *coff* available.

2: Test connection in BF42 DC Final (0.8) You will have already installed 0.7 first, then FInal.
I´m confident we can join MP servers, did some with DM last night, the object here is to create our own. However, there LOTS of co-op MP servers empty out there, if needs be we´ll hijack one.

If we have time/inclination/enough wodka, I´d like to test BF2 as well.

you do not HAVE to have both games installed, if you only have FlatOut, great, lets test that one. And vice versa.

Lemme know here if you can help. What time you´re available (Tell me in Spanish time please. That´s UK +1)

If you´re available, like, now, I´m gonna go sit in SimHQ TS server while I surf a bit. Drop in for a chat, if you want, hear my beautiful, educated, Spanglish tones biggrin

xxx

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 11:55 AM

ill be available tonight at 8pm UK time, thats 9pm in the land of the unemployed-siesta-people to test comms, messaging will be with facebook as its not guaranteed to work for me first time, i work with RNA and cells and nasty diseases, i dont do headphones biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By: banner001
ill be available tonight at 8pm UK time, thats 9pm in the land of the unemployed-siesta-people to test comms, messaging will be with facebook as its not guaranteed to work for me first time, i work with RNA and cells and nasty diseases, i dont do headphones biggrin

Unfortunately Doc, while I appreciate the offer, it has to be with voice comms. Bite the bullet, mate. You´re gonna need ém at some point biggrin
xxx

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 12:01 PM

Ahh, ok, I see what you mean. To get your comms set up. yeah, ok mate. Ta. see you at 8 your time

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 12:48 PM

now he gets it biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 12:55 PM

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 03:31 PM

Banner no offense but yes there was insults towards me. I've had 4 people read through it that know me and people involved here. I was not rude, and nor was I being undiplomatic about anything. Those 4 people all said the same thing..What is Stewie and Fatman on about with those comments?I stated this was always about getting people a setup without lag. I didn't care where it was except imho Aussie land was going to cause too many problems for people the EU and here in the states as there is a few from the states I had talked into gaming, now who knows. As I stated if I am that freaking bad to get along with then piss on it I will NOT game with people who think that. As far as the people in the past I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH...I will NEVER be anywhere near them or in a game with them. They are lucky to this DAY we didn't go after them with criminal charges. The chance to do so has expired long ago but when it comes to that stuff...You don't EVER forget what someone does to you and your family! And If you THINK I am wiping slates clean..Let them attack you and your family and see how you feel and what happens!

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 06:41 PM

Heheh, rock on, Doc smile

Right troops
I need someone to do some testing with me.
Comms on SimHQ TS server, info HERE

1: Test connection in FlatOut. Make sure you have the replacement exe from HERE
I´m not confident with this one, but we´ll see.
Has anyone got FlatOut 2? It´s *coff* available.

2: Test connection in BF42 DC Final (0.8) You will have already installed 0.7 first, then FInal.
I´m confident we can join MP servers, did some with DM last night, the object here is to create our own. However, there LOTS of co-op MP servers empty out there, if needs be we´ll hijack one.

If we have time/inclination/enough wodka, I´d like to test BF2 as well.

you do not HAVE to have both games installed, if you only have FlatOut, great, lets test that one. And vice versa.

Lemme know here if you can help. What time you´re available (Tell me in Spanish time please. That´s UK +1)

If you´re available, like, now, I´m gonna go sit in SimHQ TS server while I surf a bit. Drop in for a chat, if you want, hear my beautiful, educated, Spanglish tones biggrin

xxx

Seriously? Just me and Banner?
Still on, Doc?
If nothing else we can get your comms online eh?

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 07:01 PM

im on comms stewie, think im all good to go...for a test at least

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 07:34 PM

Fatman Thank you for contacting me and working things out. I guess others are more more worried about other things like saying there was no insults and what not. Sorry I don't see people that way I wasn't raised to see people that way. I just see a person and move on from there. Enjoy your gaming

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 09:17 PM

for what its worth, bygones are bygones, i no longer associate with the people that pissed me off in the past, but im mature and old enough now to let it all slide, if it happened more than a few days ago, then for me it may as well never have happened, slates are wiped clean, people are different now to the "good old days", some for the better, some for the worst. CH if you want to game with us you will be more than welcome, its all banter mate, if there are games that you dont play then you sit them out, if there are decisions you dont agree with then you dont have to agree with them, and if they create an impasse then you and them will part and move on unless a solution can be agreed...but i dont see that the position of a voip should cause such an issue, people dont agree with you, then let them get on with it, ive read through everything and no insults were banded about that i can see.

why dont we try the aussie server as its available, not going to cost anyone any cash, and has plenty of slots...and see how it goes?

if the lag is unbearable then we can switch to a different solution? personally i dont give a #%&*$#, it could be based in the south pole being tended to by racist midget communist pansexual dwarves for all i care, i wanna game and chat and have a laugh...end of.

Rgr dat Doc

Jamie, let it go mate, really. join in with a smile. None of us are against you. We´re your mates. We love you biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 09:22 PM

Nope refer to the posts above yours. Enjoy the gaming

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 10:11 PM

Ooooh, don´t make me do it! biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/25/16 10:26 PM

´K. Can I ask that we move over to THIS THREAD please? Post in this one if you want but I´ll prolly ignore it.
After years of crack, cocaine, alcohol, tobacco, grass, weed, alcohol, transvestitism (is that even a WORD?) abuse...It´s doing me head in tracking both.
All, ALL, welcome over at the other one thumbsup
Report on connectivity test with the Doc in FlatOut...... over there.
(can´t be assed putting the commas in biggrin )
tanx
xxx
Posted By: grumble

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/27/16 02:04 PM

*peeks in*

Good... lord...

*snarfles some of stewie's beer, kicks banner off the comfy spot in the sofa, farts, smiles proudly, and hogs the chips*

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/27/16 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: grumble
*peeks in*

Good... lord...

*snarfles some of stewie's beer, kicks banner off the comfy spot in the sofa, farts, smiles proudly, and hogs the chips*

Grumble san
*bows appropriately*
Make yourself at ho..., Oh ok, you have done biggrin

Nice to see you, mate. There´s a bucket of snouts in the corner, if you want something to snack on. Dig in while you get up to speed...
HERE
HERE
and HERE
Nice to see you, bro.
xxx

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/27/16 02:27 PM

*buuuurp*

Me no can has game due mostly to time restrictions (I'm now a CEO... get that! Hah! World is coming to an end!).

*pokes Banner, watches result* Sheesh. Who gave HIM the pickled onions?

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/27/16 02:33 PM

Yep, no worries mate, was just putting you in the loop smile
CEO ffs! *chuckles* whatever next biggrin
COngrats bruddah thumbsup

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/27/16 03:22 PM

* banner grumbles at Grumble, drinks tea, trundles off back into the lab to look at invisible organisms and have a little cry...

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/27/16 03:34 PM

look at invisible organisms

This is doing my head in. Like how do you know when they're in view?

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/27/16 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By: DBond
look at invisible organisms

This is doing my head in. Like how do you know when they're in view?

Feckin LMAO!
But the Doc is a man of science with letters after his name. I trust him when he says he can see ém thumbsup

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/27/16 03:46 PM

Yeah Stewie, science and all, but for us laymen...

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/27/16 03:55 PM

Is Banner on a gubment contract? 'Cause the whole thing has an air of 'going to watch the submarine races' about it.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/27/16 04:00 PM

Dunno mate, but he did say he just bought a hammer for 300 dollars eek

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/27/16 04:00 PM

The secret... is in the tea...

*hearnoevilseenoevilspeaknoeveil*

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/27/16 04:13 PM

hahaha
Posted By: semmern

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/27/16 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: grumble
The secret... is in the tea

Does it have chilis in it? Cause I had some before I went flying today

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/28/16 12:41 AM

A CHILI JOKE!!!

*sniff... sniff... teary-eyed wonderment...*

You lot... you're... so....

I'm home again!!

*looks around*

Geeze. No one even thought to sweep up the lair?!!
Posted By: Moses

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/28/16 02:50 AM

great to see all the old folks popping on damn nostalgic

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/28/16 06:28 AM

True very true, Moses. But, y´know *gazes skywards and sighs wistfully* Nostalgia ain´t what it used to be.
biggrin

Nice pic semm. Your last flight from Alicante? biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/28/16 02:51 PM

Eyy Semm.
This you?
????
I know, I know, but I couldn´t resist
biggrin
Posted By: T Rex

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/28/16 04:57 PM

Just stopping by for a cup of nostalgia for carry out. smile Great seeing some old names and personalities I will never forget, even if I am fuzzy on who I pissed off.

No time for gaming outside of some Xbox with my son. But my heart is warmed that there is somewhere on the internet where guys are keeping part of Frugalsworld alive.

I do get some forum screen time on a local board, though. I'm sure it will surprise no one that I'm known for arguing about things. biggrin

Thanks, Stewie!

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/28/16 05:04 PM

Pfft, no thanks necessary Tommy. this is purely for my benefit biggrin
Great to see you, man.
I think I remember when your son was born.. Have I got the time scale tight?

Post up when you can, bro. thumbsup

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/28/16 05:18 PM

Haha yeah, 2004.

My oldest daughter, born the year F4 was released, is going off to college next month. smile

Crazy.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/28/16 05:23 PM

Yep, I honestly do remember your son arriving on the scene.
College? excellent news. I wish mine would go, she´s currently living with me, with her Spanish BF. Don´t get me wrong, he´s a great bloke but, y´know.
Any info about our dear departed friend? I´d like to have a seance if hes around.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/28/16 06:34 PM

Well, if it is Panther the Thonged One to which you refer, last email I got from him was last year. His email is associated with a Facebook account that had postings as recently as January, I think. I like to just think of him living life in his own way, on his own terms. I think he had demons that none of us were ever really privy to.

Also in irregular contact with Snowman, the gentle Canadian. smile Also, Dada is active on Twitter.

Edit: talked to Hustler a couple years ago. He was having some health issues, as was his wife. But, overall, about the same as ever. smile

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/28/16 06:45 PM

Ok, thanks T. I do remember SNowman. And Dada certainly made an impression on first meeting, didn´t he? smile A writer? his Mrs a Doc? if my old mans memory serves. He won´t rememebr me, though. I was but a noobie noob noob back then.

Last week I banged a couple of messages off to the the J.R. Facebook account, no reply sadly.
Posted By: semmern

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/28/16 09:13 PM

Eyy Semm.
This you?
????
I know, I know, but I couldn´t resist
biggrin

Nein, zat ist not me! Ein imposter!

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/28/16 09:18 PM

LOLOL

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/28/16 09:47 PM

Oh, and Dogsbd. biggrin I'm in touch with him irregularly. He's doing well, though, too, last time we connected. He has a son who I believe went into the Marine Corps.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/28/16 10:34 PM

Yeah, Dogs smile I remember about the Marine. That was also about 2004/5, yes? S! to servicemen and women wherever they are.

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/29/16 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: T Rex
J... even if I am fuzzy on who I pissed off...

Ooh ooh ooh!!

*begins making list*

*runs out of paper*

*gives up in disgust*

Rexy! Good to see you! Sorry I wasn't able to help out with your project... things have been a bit ... busy! (but, as per earlier post, now running a company and thus have plans for world domination to put into practice so I have an excuse...)

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 07/29/16 12:23 PM

Haha grumble, I had to think for a second about who you are. smile You're one of those that I think of in terms of their real name. smile

Alas, the project awaits new material that I have in mind, but have not yet dedicated the time to. Real life and all gets in the way of flights of fancy.

But, if you need USian representation in your quest for global domination, I'm in. smile
Posted By: Wigean

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 08/02/16 10:53 AM

[quote=banner001]
hacking the staff page was always a laugh

biggrin biggrin

Re: Old Dogs..New Tricks.. - 08/02/16 12:34 PM

LMAO! Good one, Norgie n:D
© 2024 SimHQ Forums