homepage

Tiebreaker

Posted By: Desert Eagle

Tiebreaker - 06/14/16 03:49 PM

Settling scores

The source: http://fotos.sapo.pt/henricartoon/fotos/futebol-total/?uid=ZO5vzSSmUO9jhkfgZKG4
Posted By: kludger

Re: Tiebreaker - 06/14/16 04:55 PM

Yeah those Russian fans were pretty violent and out of control, the fights outside before and after the game were bad enough, but I can't believe they managed to sneak a flare gun and fireworks into the stadium where French security is supposedly on high security for terrorism, and then shot the flare at the English fans, when I heard the flare go off on the TV coverage I thought it was a bomb, thankfully it wasn't.

Let's hope the French security can do a better job of arresting the ultras and keeping dangerous stuff out of the stadium, so that we can enjoy the rest of the tournament in peace...

Not a good advertisement on what to expect for them hosting the World Cup 2018 in Russia, who would take their family to that type of a Russian ultra fan warzone,
Posted By: Jayhawk

Re: Tiebreaker - 06/14/16 05:05 PM

UEFA decided today that if there is just one more incident involving Russian hooligans, the Russian team will be disqualified from the Euro immediately.
Posted By: Peally

Re: Tiebreaker - 06/14/16 07:32 PM

They really need to get animals like this no-holds-barred sorted out. To someone like me that doesn't follow the sport this IS soccer in its entirety.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Tiebreaker - 06/14/16 08:02 PM

And I thought going to a L.A. Raiders NFL game was dangerous. It is amazing how watching people chase a ball around some how ends up in total mob violence. If they are watching from outer space, no wonder they haven't visited us yet.
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: Tiebreaker - 06/14/16 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: LB4LB
It is amazing how watching people chase a ball around some how ends up in total mob violence.

It's especially disheartening when the teams are children and it's the parents doing the fighting. I don't know about other countries but that problem seems to be growing here in the U.S.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Tiebreaker - 06/14/16 08:10 PM

I coached little league hockey for a few years. I will never do that again. The kids weren't bad, it was the adults who sucked.
Posted By: Jayhawk

Re: Tiebreaker - 06/14/16 09:20 PM

http://news.sky.com/story/1711367/russian-mp-to-euro-hooligans-well-done-lads

This afternoon, in Lille, there was yet another clash involving Russian "supporters".
Posted By: Spidey

Re: Tiebreaker - 06/14/16 10:08 PM

I have had the "pleasure" of being in paris for last two weeks for work....

Today all the strikes here smashed a lot of the windows for a lot of the businesses in the neighborhood and the street to my hotel was closed off by the firetruck to put out the fires set by protesters. ...

This on top of all the eurocup crazyness....

cant wait to leave Friday....assuming air traffic controllers also are not striking of course. At least I am not flying Air France...so dont have to worry about pilots
Posted By: Legend

Re: Tiebreaker - 06/15/16 02:54 AM

I start to understand more and more why some hotels advertise with 'No Russian guests'
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Tiebreaker - 06/15/16 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: LB4LB
And I thought going to a L.A. Raiders NFL game was dangerous. It is amazing how watching people chase a ball around some how ends up in total mob violence. If they are watching from outer space, no wonder they haven't visited us yet.

Lol, I had the joy of experiencing that a couple of times. Even though they are not in LA anymore it wouldn't be on my bucket list to do again. Crowd was just a wee bit surly after their Wildcard loss to Kansas City in 1991.

Wheels
© 2024 SimHQ Forums