homepage

What does your set up look like?

Posted By: usafmtl

What does your set up look like? - 11/02/15 05:00 PM

My Specs are below. I am always messing with it.
Posted By: Brennus

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 06:41 AM

Posted By: Warbirds

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 01:37 PM

My setup is geared more of a casual setup for all around use as a cable tv, a PS3, and, of course a pc. First my computer chair (notice the cutting board mouse mat).

Next the 70 inch Sharp tv adjusted for correct color for my work (and play). Also shown is my Rocket speakers and almost 15 year old tv stand that is showing it's age. If anyone can tell what they see in this picture that relates to a great series of 80's horror movies you will get a cookie.

Here you can see my Corsair pc box peaking out behind the tv plus some odds and ends along with my Steam controller that I just love.

And last we show what's inside that big Corsair box.

Posted By: Top Gun

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 01:53 PM

heck of a set up guys!
Posted By: MarkG

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 02:37 PM

Impressive!

++++++++++

Love Warbird's vintage audio! thumbsup

I'm going to guess (probably wrong because it all looks the same)...

Integrated amp is a Scott?
Receiver (far right) is a Pioneer?
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 02:59 PM

First and foremost it is my home cinema, but I also use it for some gaming, especially driving sims like rFactor2 etc. but I also use it for the PS3 as here:

Black and Dekker workmate is just the right height for the G27 wheel

I have tried Steelbeasts on it too but the image is just too big to be comfortable with and you lose that sense of immersion.

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 03:01 PM

Nevermind, Warbirds. I clicked your pic and it took me to photobucket where you have better pics of your audio. Beautiful, man! That Scott is a piece of art!

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 03:24 PM

Thanks, Scott is model 399 receiver made in 1960,,turntable is Empire made in 1960 and speakers are Wharfedale W 90's make in 1960. Love them tubes !

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 03:58 PM

Thanks for the details, Warbirds. I recognized the Scott right off the bat (as distinct looking as an old McIntosh tube amp) but I didn't realize it included a tuner (in first pic I thought the right dial might be a selector). I looked up the other stuff you listed (which I admit I've never heard of), very impressive. This isn't some old console quality stuff, this is true vintage hi-fi! I hope it last you for many more years!
Posted By: SkateZilla

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 04:24 PM

I got too much stuff lol
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 04:31 PM

Warbirds, get that 540 case out and show it off! I love mine!

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 04:47 PM

Thanks I wish I could move it out because it is a cool case but that is the only place I can fit it in for now.
Posted By: usafmtl

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 09:46 PM

Wow Warbirds that is impressive as hell.
Posted By: Force10

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Warbirds
If anyone can tell what they see in this picture that relates to a great series of 80's horror movies you will get a cookie.

Pretty sure I see the sphere from Phantasm...I enjoyed those movies back in the day.

I will be awaiting my cookie...and if it doesn't arrive you will incur the wrath of "The Tall Man"

biggrin
Posted By: Bib4Tuna

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 10:14 PM

The sphere from Phantasm:

So cool.

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 10:22 PM

In case anyone is feeling bad about their pathetic setup compared to these mega monsters (and I think the OP is winning so far), I'll show you mine. You already know my internet is the lamest here, but so is my setup.

I may live in the 1980's but I'm computing in the new millennium, baby!...

But...just, most of my stuff is dated around the year 2000. sigh I'm going to upgrade after this online-activation fad passes (I'm very patient). smile

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/03/15 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Force10
If anyone can tell what they see in this picture that relates to a great series of 80's horror movies you will get a cookie.

Pretty sure I see the sphere from Phantasm...I enjoyed those movies back in the day.

I will be awaiting my cookie...and if it doesn't arrive you will incur the wrath of "The Tall Man"

biggrin

Yes we have a winner, it is the ball of death from Phantasm....actually it's plastic and the top comes off to reveal dvd's of all the Phantasm movies smile Oh, about your cookie,,,I got a bit hungry so I ate it,,,sorry bro.

Wait,,some tall dude is knocking on the door,,be right back.
Posted By: Force10

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/04/15 12:03 AM

Yes we have a winner, it is the ball of death from Phantasm....actually it's plastic and the top comes off to reveal dvd's of all the Phantasm movies smile Oh, about your cookie,,,I got a bit hungry so I ate it,,,sorry bro.

Wait,,some tall dude is knocking on the door,,be right back.

lol

That does sound like the perfect packaging for those DVD's...very cool!
Posted By: Comrade_Hedgehog

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/04/15 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Alicatt
First and foremost it is my home cinema, but I also use it for some gaming, especially driving sims like rFactor2 etc. but I also use it for the PS3 as here:

Black and Dekker workmate is just the right height for the G27 wheel

I have tried Steelbeasts on it too but the image is just too big to be comfortable with and you lose that sense of immersion.

I can hear that leopard idling already. smile
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/04/15 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Comrade_Hedgehog

I can hear that leopard idling already. smile

Not 1400HP but with 1400Watts of audio behind it you should biggrin
Posted By: Tarnsman

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/05/15 02:47 AM

Warbirds-

I can almost hear that stereo in my mind.
There is Nothing like a true tube based HI-Fi system. Beats digital all to heck.
Posted By: Coot

Re: What does your set up look like? - 11/05/15 02:49 AM

Man these are great thanks for sharing. I'll try to post one.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums