homepage

X-Files to return to TV

Posted By: Desert Eagle

X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 12:48 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/x-files-revival-officially-ordered-162943889.html

Quote:
The truth is out there right here: The X-Files is indeed returning to Fox, with original stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprising their respective roles as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

PM? Can you hear me? Say something!

Someone call a doctor I think he passed out with the excitement! winkngrin
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 12:49 PM

I already posted about this yesterday in the Outer Space forum.

Yes, this is great news and I've been giggling like a little school girl. biggrin
Posted By: JimK

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
I already posted about this yesterday in the Outer Space forum.

Yes, this is great news and I've been giggling like a little school girl. biggrin

Shoulda heard my wife when she read about it off facebook. She was excited for sure. bananadance
Posted By: Ltfransky

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 01:46 PM

Someone threw a metric f@ck-ton of money at those two

She is seriously beautiful

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Ltfransky
Someone threw a metric f@ck-ton of money at those two
Actually based on some interviews I've seen both Duchovny and Anderson are really excited to be doing this. Sure, I know the money offered was most likely great but both of them are still very much creatively and artistically enthusiastic about the X-Files.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 02:45 PM

It's 2015. I think the money offered was "good" but certainly not great. Not when best hopes are for like 3 million viewers nowadays!

The Jedi Master

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
It's 2015. I think the money offered was "good" but certainly not great. Not when best hopes are for like 3 million viewers nowadays!

The Jedi Master
Yeah, this ain't "Empire" we're talking about. LOL
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 04:43 PM

Not holding my breath. The last seasons of X-Files wasn't very memorable. I'm afraid they should have left this one lie.
Posted By: CG2015

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 05:49 PM

X-Files wasn't that great after Duchovny left and the second movie was awful and flopped due to no interest by the so called X-Files fans.

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: CG2015
X-Files wasn't that great after Duchovny left and the second movie was awful and flopped due to no interest by the so called X-Files fans.

I concede that "I Want to Believe" wasn't very good but I think its poor box office performance was mostly due to bad timing since it came out the weekend before the Dark Knight. It also seems like the movie didn't have a lot of marketing behind it.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 06:25 PM

I didn't bother to even see the 2nd one.
A mini series, THAT sounds interesting.

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 06:27 PM

I really hope AD Walter Skinner is brought back for the 6 episodes.
Posted By: U-96

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 10:12 PM

I agree, Mitch Pileggi was always very engaging. Shame they bumped off the Smoking Man, one of the best TV bad guys ever.
Posted By: Coot

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 11:41 PM

Man if they can make it on par with the types of miniseries productions levels we've seen of late it'll be great if the story is good.

I'm still on season four.........BTW I loved the Playstation 2 game.
Posted By: CG2015

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 11:55 PM

Are they going to bring back Jade Blue Afterglow?
Posted By: piper

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/25/15 11:57 PM

I'm sooo excited about this!!

Remember, the reason the series faded away is because Duchovny married the "#%&*$#" and made the show move from Vancouver to LA.
Was downhill after that. Fastforward to present day. Duchovny's now divorced and all of a sudden we're getting back to normal.

The truth is out there!

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/26/15 11:27 AM

LOL Piper. Interesting anaylysis but I have to say that seasons 6 and 7 were very good and those were shot in LA. The quality didn't start dropping until season 8 IMHO.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/26/15 01:07 PM

No way, the show was in decline before he left. Once he actually did it was just apparent to everyone, even the fans couldn't deny it.
I think S6 was the beginning of the end. It was still good, but it was clearly not as good as 4-5. When S7 failed to turn it around and continued the slide...

The Jedi Master

Re: X-Files to return to TV - 03/26/15 01:15 PM

If you look at the TV ratings then yes, the height of the show's popularity was between seasons 3-6. The ratings started to drop during season 7 and they plummeted in season 9.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums