homepage

Big Bang Theory i$ right!

Posted By: Linebacker

Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 01:08 AM

I heard this on the radio today and the numbers boggle my mind. Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco have locked in new three-year contracts worth an estimated $1 million PER HALF HOUR EPISODE!

Big step up from their previous $350k per episode paycheck!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/vannale/2014...uge-pay-raises/
Posted By: Spidey

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 01:17 AM

I wonder why CBS would give put such a ridiculous deal...other than maybr Parsons I dont think any of them would have much pf a career after this show ends...
Posted By: Ajay

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 01:21 AM

Must be putting the bums on the seats if they can ask that much.
Posted By: Skycat

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 01:30 AM

Sadly, now CBS will have to fire all the writers and rely on unpaid interns.
Posted By: EjectEject

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 02:09 AM

Profits are still expected to clear 1 billion. Definitely not a drop in the bucket.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...-close-big-new/
Posted By: December

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 02:44 AM

I think the main cast on Seinfeld and Friends were on the same deal.

Larry David will make 1.7 billion from Seinfeld.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Ajay
Must be putting the bums on the seats if they can ask that much.
That's exactly it. BBT is either the number 1 or number 2 most highly rated show right now on the major networks. I think it gets roughly about 15 million viewers per week.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 03:45 AM

I still like the show and watch it regularly, but it really isn't as good as it used to be. Funny how quality vs salary works on tv.

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 04:13 AM

I don't care how good the writers are. You are going to start running out of fresh ideas once a show has been on the air for more than 5 seasons. Apparently though it hasn't hurt the ratings yet for the show.
Posted By: gallycadet

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 04:41 AM

If I remember right, this is about what the cast of Friends got, though when you adjust for inflation, I guess the Friends stars made more.
Posted By: Legend

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 04:54 AM

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
I don't care how good the writers are. You are going to start running out of fresh ideas once a show has been on the air for more than 5 seasons. Apparently though it hasn't hurt the ratings yet for the show.

...So this year there'll probably a baby or a slew of half-forgotten stars...

Oh look, it's Eric Estrada!

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 10:46 AM

Eric Estrada is more than just half forgotten. He's barely remembered more than Pauly Shore.
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 11:53 AM

With their salaries, I'd not mind being forgotten in 10 years smile
Posted By: Jayhawk

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 12:40 PM

If they are just a little clever with their investments (and have their lawyers draft good prenups wink ), after about 5 episodes they would never have to work again for the rest of their lives (not even counting the money that they have made so far).

Now, BBT has been picked up for another three seasons, with 24 episodes each. That means at least 72 million bucks before taxes. Not too shabby. I'd take that in a heartbeat, and who cares about being typecast or not having a career after the show.

Quite the contrary, I would be glad to have the opportunity to take all that money and fade away into obscurity, not being harassed by paparazzi and tabloids anymore. Anonymity, IMO, is a blessing, not a curse.

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk
That means at least 72 million bucks before taxes. Not too shabby.
Bah, Robert Downey Jr. makes that much for just one film. biggrin
Posted By: Legend

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Eric Estrada is more than just half forgotten. He's barely remembered more than Pauly Shore.

Pauly who?
Posted By: PFunk

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 02:10 PM

They should just cancel that awful piece of crap "Two and a Half Men" and give the salaries to the cast of BBT.

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: PFunk
They should just cancel that awful piece of crap "Two and a Half Men" and give the salaries to the cast of BBT.
I remember reading somewhere that this upcoming season will be the final one.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 03:56 PM

Aren't those on different networks? They would have nothing to do with each other.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: RogueRunner

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 05:28 PM

And for the first time streaming media sites like netflix and hulu made more money than pay tv. Weird!

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: RogueRunner
And for the first time streaming media sites like netflix and hulu made more money than pay tv. Weird!
Less and less people are watching tv shows live. They're either watching shows via DVR or like you mentioned, streaming services.
Posted By: PFunk

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Aren't those on different networks? They would have nothing to do with each other.

The Jedi Master

Nope. Both CBS shows. Same producers, too.
Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 10:32 PM

This is normal for successful ensemble shows in Hollywood. The actors sign crappy contracts in the beginning to be on any show, let alone a hit. Then after a couple years in the top 20 they get a bump. Then another bump when it reaches syndication. Then when the show is on top and heading into the last few years the main stars get a huge increase. Happened with Seinfeld, happened with Friends, happened with Home Improvement and now happening with Big Bang.

Let's face it, if any of the big three quit, we wouldn't watch. Everyone involved is making plenty of money.

Jason
Posted By: Suicidal_6

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/05/14 10:33 PM

Two and a half men quit being funny after Charlie left.
Posted By: WolfDancer

Re: Big Bang Theory i$ right! - 08/06/14 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Spidey
...other than maybr Parsons I dont think any of them would have much pf a career after this show ends...

That's precisely why they held out for so much. It's the same principle employed by sports stars at the height of their careers: they know it's pretty much downhill from here, so... (And let's face it, sitcom stars have about the same longevity as their sports counterparts. Just look at Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, and Micheal Richards. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is the only one who managed a string of hits after Seinfeld.)
© 2024 SimHQ Forums