homepage

Again???

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Again??? - 04/22/14 02:27 PM

Didn't we just have a Steve Jobs film starring Ashton Kutcher?

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni57102642/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1
Posted By: Peally

Re: Again??? - 04/22/14 02:45 PM

No! We need to make a movie of every single thing in recent history!
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Again??? - 04/22/14 02:45 PM

It was ONLY once. You need at least a dozen.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: Azshal

Re: Again??? - 04/22/14 02:52 PM

Needs more Woz biggrin
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Again??? - 04/22/14 05:08 PM

Haven't even seen the latest one. I LOVE Pirates of Silicon Valley. I think Noah Wyle played a very good Jobs, Joey Slotnick did a good Woz and Anthony Michael Hall did an ok Gates.
I'd like to see a sequel continue that story rather than all of these bio type movies.

Re: Again??? - 04/22/14 07:19 PM

Right, this time Jobs goes on a quest to destroy the evil Empire that threatens everything he is and has built ie the Samsung/Google operation.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Again??? - 04/22/14 07:23 PM

On a related note, have any of you seen this Mike Judge tv show?

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2575988/?ref_=m_nmfmd_prd_1

Re: Again??? - 04/22/14 07:33 PM

This was mentioned in another thread here, I forget which.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: Kontakt5

Re: Again??? - 04/22/14 07:49 PM

Silicon Valley is not the same sort of innovator today as it was supposed to be- the shift has gone from operating systems and the hardware they run to apps- apps and apps and more apps or displaying and integrating content that someone else holds the rights to. It's a form of democracy like that game system where the consumers were supposed to make the software that runs on it.

In a way, the existence of Jobs predicts this as well. Silicon Valley likes to present itself as the corporate alternative to stuffy banks, law firms or to Wall Street, but it still is owned by venture capital money behind all the casual attire and casual attitudes, startups flock to Silicon Valley believing they will change the world- but all that money too and the thought of power that goes with it. Sell an app to another company for a billion dollars that doesn't always change the world, but do it before a competitor does it first, that's what it's all about.

Wozniak is the antithesis to the egocentric kids of the Me Generation today who all but admire Jobs or Zuckerberg, not for their technical minds per se, but their wealth, their fame, their notoriety, the deference they receive, their names smacked on everything everyone owns.

Pirates of Silicon Valley is a classic, and even where artistic license is used to make a good story, they did it well, contrasting the differences between Gates and Jobs while both essentially had the greater talents in manipulating or persuading others to do the work for them in order to open up consumer grade markets that old school businessmen didn't understand.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Again??? - 04/22/14 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
On a related note, have any of you seen this Mike Judge tv show?

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2575988/?ref_=m_nmfmd_prd_1

Yes! While it isn't tv greatness (at least not yet) it IS a very enjoyable show. Pretty funny with good caricatures of techie types and nouveau riche software/web gurus.
On the realistic side, it's interesting seeing how a nobody goes about trying to turn a good idea into something successful and the learning curve to do so.
Posted By: Kontakt5

Re: Again??? - 04/22/14 08:14 PM

The 1984 film Revenge of the Nerds needs to be updated.

The premise of the film is that the odd will, some day, get even.

But the nerds are no longer the nerds and the jocks are no longer the jocks, they've melded into a new species which combines the traits of both.

© 2024 SimHQ Forums