Natural-born gunfighter - 04/07/14 03:34 PM

if you haven't seen this, you need to put it on your netflix queue
Posted By: Rakov

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/07/14 04:10 PM

One of the great movies.

My heart soars like a hawk.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/07/14 04:13 PM

Going to check it out,I've never seen it.
Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/07/14 04:25 PM

One of the better movies Chucky. Well worth a look

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/07/14 04:27 PM

I love Westerns.At 54 I thought I had seen them all.Apparently not.Will report back.
Posted By: coasty

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/08/14 04:20 AM

I saw it at the navy base rec hall in Newport when I was in QM school. Most of us left in silence at the end of the movie.
Posted By: No Name

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/08/14 04:47 AM

Is this movie called little big man?

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/08/14 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: peppergomez
Is this movie called little big man?

Yup.1970.
Posted By: Dervish

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/08/14 12:53 PM

It came to mind because I keep hearing this commercial about 'Texas superfoods'.

In the movie there is a guy hawking some magic potion that supposes to cure everything from hangnails to hangovers, just water with hot sauce and snake heads in it, and I think, nothing new under the sun.
Posted By: Catfish

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/08/14 04:20 PM

Pah, Roy Bean is my hero:

biggrin
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/08/14 04:33 PM

Support your local Sheriff

Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/09/14 01:44 PM

I saw SYLS on a Saturday afternoon in the mid-80s. One of the best comedies I can remember.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: Dervish

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/09/14 03:30 PM

Roy Bean is another great one.

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/10/14 08:44 PM

It was a very good film.I didn't know Chief Dan George was in it.I liked him a lot. You know he didn't start his acting career until he was 60?
Posted By: Lieste

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/11/14 12:22 AM

I recently-ish watched The Ballad Of Little Joe. Found it quite a quirky and interesting portrait of life on the fringes of civilisation.
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/11/14 12:45 AM

Would never have seen Little Big Man except my girlfriend in 1988 had seen it and recommended it, and what a surprise! Great movie. I can only imagine how many of these gems are out there. I guess I will have to add Support Your Local Sheriff to the list of must-see because the trailer looks pretty convincing. smile
Posted By: WolfDancer

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/12/14 03:14 AM

Let's get serious for a moment, gentlemen. Portrait of a real gunfighter:

This one scene destroyed the mythology of the west forever, and for once, Hollywood brought a bit of truth to the screen. A farewell kiss to the spaghetti western, brilliantly acted.
Posted By: Lieste

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/12/14 03:51 AM

I can't think of the movie off the top of my head, but I recall one where one of the protagonists was an appalling shot, until his gunfighter friend bought him a pistol blunderbus? Any ideas on what this was?
Posted By: vonBaur

Re: Natural-born gunfighter - 04/12/14 07:20 AM

Not exactly as you describe it, Lieste, but in El Dorado James Caan's character, Mississippi (real name, Alan Bodillion Trehern), is handy with knives but couldn't hit the ground with a gun if he shot straight down. John Wayne's character, Cole Thornton, gives him a sawed-off shotgun with which he still misses the bad guy but hits a sign which falls on the bad guy. Could that be what you're thinking about?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums