Re: Youtube is so fouled up - 03/24/14 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Dervish
what the hell happened over there?

videos don't play...undefined....can't change the resolution

i want a refund
You pay for YouTube?
Posted By: Sethos88

Re: Youtube is so fouled up - 03/24/14 10:48 AM

Don't have any technical issues with YouTube. However all their Google+ crap is doing my head in.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Youtube is so fouled up - 03/24/14 10:49 AM

It does seem to go through various phases of '#%&*$# up' for me at times.

It's my main source of entertainment some evenings so it can be annoying when it does play up.

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
You pay for YouTube?

I think he's having a little joke but over here in the UK the BBC would just love for that to happen.They are slowly loosing the fight to make us poor Brits pay the TV licence fee and would just love to find another source of income to help them fund their corrupt organisation.

*sorry about the rant*
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Youtube is so fouled up - 03/24/14 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Sethos88
Don't have any technical issues with YouTube. However all their Google+ crap is doing my head in.

No kidding! Somehow I have a youtube acct and google+ (don't need or want), on the same login. I have to choose which one I want all the time.

No issues other than how frequently the youtube app crashes on our google tv.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Youtube is so fouled up - 03/24/14 12:09 PM

My Kindle Fire crashes pretty often as well with YouTube. The browser simply stops responding and I have to then relaunch it.
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: Youtube is so fouled up - 03/24/14 02:44 PM

My Android YouTube apps are horrible. Lots of "null" search reterns, video searches and suggestions that have missing previews, and videos that can't (or won't) play.

On the desktop, it's stable. But the UI has become one of the worst I have ever experienced on a website.
Posted By: kludger

Re: Youtube is so fouled up - 03/24/14 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

No kidding! Somehow I have a youtube acct and google+ (don't need or want), on the same login. I have to choose which one I want all the time.

+1000

They've really cranked up the amount of annoyance the last week or two on those of us who refuse to merge G+/YouTube account and migrate to the G+ account, everytime I log in there recently is seems to default to my G+ account for no reason and so my subscribed channels are empty and I have to go through the rigamaroll of switching accounts just to use stuff that has worked fine all this time.

It is becoming so annoying that I am considering moving my gmail account to something else just so I can delete the stupid G+ account... truly Google is reaching Microsoft levels of annoyance now.
cuss2

Can't they just admit G+ is a failure and move on? they're ruining a good product YouTube trying to save G+ which is already a failure and no one uses.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Youtube is so fouled up - 03/24/14 02:53 PM

Yeah I've encountered the same problems on my Kindle Adlabs. It seems at least right now that YouTube is a lot more Apple friendly when it comes to their mobile site.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Youtube is so fouled up - 03/24/14 05:56 PM

Which is the most ironic thing I've seen about Google since their anti-NSA spying statement.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: HogDriver

Re: Youtube is so fouled up - 03/24/14 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Same here with the login thing. I had a span of 2-3 days where comments wouldn't even show up at all. Not a big loss, and probably doing me a favor in most cases, but if I wanted to leave one, I was screwed.
Posted By: TankHunter

Re: Youtube is so fouled up - 03/24/14 06:36 PM

Youtube does suck anymore. Hated them wanting me to use my real name all the time, now I hate that they switch names on me when I restart.
Posted By: toonces

Re: Youtube is so fouled up - 03/25/14 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
My Kindle Fire crashes pretty often as well with YouTube. The browser simply stops responding and I have to then relaunch it.

Thank goodness somebody else is having this problem. I was worried I picked up a virus from some of the ... other... websites I may or may not have visited on my Kindle Fire.

seehearspeak
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Youtube is so fouled up - 03/25/14 05:30 AM

I think it's something to do with android OS and Chrome as used by the youtube app.
"Force close..."
Sometimes helps turning off the tv (a google tv is basically a big android tablet), but not always.
Seems to be no patch yet, although I noticed it did get a patch the other day. Been going on for a while.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums