homepage

Enemy Starfighter

Posted By: Master

Enemy Starfighter - 10/21/13 02:17 PM

Here is another space game I have been watching. Still no word on if it has MP. That probably means it does not.

I really wish someone would come out with a game like this or starshatter or xwing/tie fighter that let you play coop through the story campaign.

http://enemystarfighter.com/

Posted By: Duchess

Re: Enemy Starfighter - 10/21/13 03:56 PM

Coooool.

As soon as the dev kit 2 is out, I'm jumping on the bandwagon!
Posted By: komemiute

Re: Enemy Starfighter - 10/21/13 05:01 PM

Gotta love the movie poster! biggrin

Re: Enemy Starfighter - 10/21/13 09:46 PM

I thought I posted this to the Outerspace forum?
Posted By: KlarSnow

Re: Enemy Starfighter - 10/21/13 10:10 PM

Looks a hell of a lot like homeworld, which is something I've thought would make a great space sim.
Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander

Re: Enemy Starfighter - 10/21/13 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: komemiute

I loved that too, reminds me of old Atari/Intellivision box art.
Posted By: JAMF

Re: Enemy Starfighter - 10/22/13 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: KlarSnow
Looks a hell of a lot like homeworld, which is something I've thought would make a great space sim.
Indeed.
Posted By: Timothy

Re: Enemy Starfighter - 10/23/13 05:29 AM

That's what I thought. The lighting and ships looked exactly like Homeworld artwork.
Posted By: radicaldude1234

Re: Enemy Starfighter - 10/23/13 05:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Timothy

That's what I thought. The lighting and ships looked exactly like Homeworld artwork.

Well, the source code for the original Homeworld was released in 2003...I'm wondering if this was based off of that code...
Posted By: Comrade_Hedgehog

Re: Enemy Starfighter - 10/23/13 08:30 AM

Either way screenshots look kickass, noted for following. smile
Posted By: Rick.50cal

Re: Enemy Starfighter - 10/23/13 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: komemiute

yea, retro late '70's to 1980's!!

reminds me of a few books the libraries used to have that featured all sorts of artwork and concepts of what the future might look like...it's weird looking back on them today, with a mix of nostalgia, recognition of what things actually turned out true, and those which are still a long way off or even unlikely!

Some of those books were actually just compilations of scifi pocketbook artwork, and someone threw a loose fiction to match the artwork. Others seemed to be commissioned by futurists and corporations looking to show off what they thought our future might look like, what cars and kitchens and aircraft of the future might do. Many of the medical predictions actually came true 10 and even 20 years ago!
Posted By: Jerkzilla

Re: Enemy Starfighter - 05/27/16 07:32 PM

I'm bringing this thread back to life because:

Oh man! That music! It's obviously like Battlestar Galactica's, but faster and somehow more savage, I love it!

The title was changed to House of the Dying Sun. While I liked Enemy Starfighter very much, I can see why this is a better choice for an indie game.

Mike Tipul has changed some gameplay aspects too: the campaign is no longer procedurally generated. More info at RPS.

Re: Enemy Starfighter - 05/27/16 07:44 PM

I was really looking forward to the procedural generated campaign. Might still pick it up but its a bit less interesting now.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums