homepage

Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn

Posted By: Mace71

Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 01/30/13 06:56 PM

So this is out on the 5th Feb, didn't even realise there was one so close to being released. Is it supposed to be good, anyone know? I passed on the house building one and Dawnguard was ultimately 'meh' but this has a totally new area (an island I believe?) so may be worth the £14?....
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 01/30/13 07:12 PM

I'm still not done with the stock game (only 73 hrs, still have probably 30% of the map I've not even been to yet), let alone playing Dawnguard, so I'll wait till it's on sale!

The Jedi Master
Posted By: Azshal

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 01/30/13 07:16 PM

Hearthfire is probably worth it. The houses you can build are better than the ones you buy.
Posted By: Moses

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 01/30/13 07:23 PM

i bought it
Posted By: Bib4Tuna

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 01/30/13 07:28 PM

Dragonborn's setting is Vvardenfell's Solstheim Island (similar to the Morrowind setting), so there are new races, creatures, and different architecture and culture.

Plus, you will get called "Outlander" quite a lot...
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 01/30/13 07:33 PM

Ah, so fans of Watto in The Phantom Menace will feel at home.

Wonder if we'll get new lines to replace arrowed knees and comments about your armor/weapons?

The Jedi Master
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 01/30/13 07:41 PM

Awww, did somebody steal your sweetroll?
Posted By: VonBarb.

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 01/30/13 10:36 PM

And don't you dare lollygag in Vvardenfell either...I would be welcoming the news with excitement if I hadn't finally given up to dark side and starter playing The Old Republic, which takes up most of my gaming time these days. Still haven't finished Dawnguard...

Cheers

Nico
Posted By: FrontierProject

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 01/31/13 04:51 PM

I have over 450 hours into 8 different characters, and I'v never once finished even the main storyline, my 1st character was a Bosmer Archer/Assassin/Illusionist, insanely powerful, I had him standing at the entrance to Skuldafn, never felt any incentive to go back to him and finish the storyline, all but 2 of the others have yet to visit the Greybeards, and none have tried to retrieve the horn.

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 01/31/13 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: FrontierProject
I have over 450 hours into 8 different characters, and I'v never once finished even the main storyline, my 1st character was a Bosmer Archer/Assassin/Illusionist, insanely powerful, I had him standing at the entrance to Skuldafn, never felt any incentive to go back to him and finish the storyline, all but 2 of the others have yet to visit the Greybeards, and none have tried to retrieve the horn.

None of your characters have had the horn?
Posted By: FrontierProject

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 01/31/13 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
Originally Posted By: FrontierProject

None of your characters have had the horn?
I see wat u did there hahaha
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 01/31/13 06:46 PM

I played 2 characters on 360, up to level 40 something, never went further than 2-3 missions into the main story.
Switched to pc and I'm still abt level 16. Picked up Dawnguard and hearthfire(?) but all they've done for me so far is upset some mods. Haven't messed with them at all yet. Probably hold off on this one a little while, but I'm sure I'll get it.
Posted By: No Name

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 01/31/13 08:03 PM

If using mods, bet to hold off on buying expansions until the modded have had time to incorporate the DLC.
Posted By: Master

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 01/31/13 09:07 PM

Plus I hear there is a coop mod for the PC coming in the future.

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 02/05/13 08:22 PM

Anyone got this DLC yet?

(Also, I didn't realise this was out for Xbox last December, I thought they had stopped doing the Xbox first thing?)

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 02/05/13 08:24 PM

I got it for my wife on the xbox but sofar neither of us have gone there.
Posted By: Charlie_SB

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 02/05/13 09:26 PM

I got it but I cannot get it to trigger the new quests. I don't know if it's any of the few mods I have that cause problems. I cannot really see that it's added either. When I list the datafiles there is no dragonborn DLC file package in the list. I've tried going in and out of the game and will disable my mods tomorrow to see if that solves anything.

My major concern right now is that my character is just too cool for school. If I get the bow out I'd clear any fort, crypt or camp with ease. It's at a point where it's frankly a bit boring and using tactics is just something I do because I like it, it's not like I have too. I've gotten some mods that are supposed to add some top quality enemies so we'll see how that works out.

-C-

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 02/05/13 09:32 PM

Spoiler below on how the DLC triggers.

The quest triggers with a pair of "cultists' showing up and trying to kill you for claiming to be dragonborn. Then you read a letter and it sends you to windhelm where you take a boat to the new island.

So if you mod the enemies you may have a mod that prevents them from appearing in the game. You will probably have to wait for whoever did the mod to update it for the DLC.

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 02/05/13 10:16 PM

I restarted my computer and as soon as I started steam again there was a 990MB download initiated. I suppose there was some glitch which prevented the download to start the first time. So much for pre-ordering...

We'll see what happens now.

-C-

Re: Skyrim DLC - Dragonborn - 02/05/13 10:38 PM

Now it's working ok, I can also see the dragonborn .esm under data files in case someone else has the same problem I had. Cool with some new territory to discover, this will be a good week.

-C-
© 2024 SimHQ Forums