homepage

The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer

Posted By: Mace71

The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/01/12 11:16 AM

THIS is the superhero film of the year. Looks awesome...

Posted By: JAMF

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/01/12 12:10 PM

Sweet! Goosebumps at the choir's build up. Another appearance from "the kid from 3rd rock from the sun" in a quality movie. wink That's how you build reputation; pick good movies, not big paychecks.
Posted By: JimK

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/01/12 12:36 PM

OMG, this really looks interesting. Love his new VTOL.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/01/12 12:43 PM

My ultimate three "Must See" films of 2012,

1. Dark Knight Rises

2. The Hobbit

3. Prometheus
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/01/12 12:47 PM

Now that made me go and have a look for an iMax to see it at, the one and only one in the country closed in 2005 B****r!

So went for a look see and found there is one just across the border in Eindhoven, about 30mins. drive, same as the time to go to the local cinema in Hasselt but opposite direction biggrin
Prometheus is on there too but can't pre-book tickets until 30th May
Posted By: JAMF

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/01/12 01:08 PM

What's the difference between IMAX Theater and IMAX Dome? The theater has a vertical hanging screen slightly curved in the horizontal and the dome a spherical screen leaning over you?
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/01/12 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer

1. Dark Knight Rises

2. The Hobbit

3. Prometheus

That's pretty much it for me so far, too. If I could pick only one, it would be Prometheus. Fortunately that ought not to be the case. smile
Posted By: Freycinet

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/01/12 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Alicatt

So went for a look see and found there is one just across the border in Eindhoven, about 30mins. drive, same as the time to go to the local cinema in Hasselt but opposite direction biggrin
Prometheus is on there too but can't pre-book tickets until 30th May

Ah, you're in Hasselt... I went there for a concert a couple of years ago: http://dalsgaard.eu/Pics/2008-09-20.Belg...it-concert.html

Greets from Brussel.
Posted By: Arthonon

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/01/12 05:40 PM

1. Dark Knight Rises

2. The Hobbit

3. Prometheus

Did you hear about "The Hobbit" being shot at 48fps? Apparently a lot of people don't like the look, they think it makes it look more like cheap video:

http://news.yahoo.com/hobbits-48-fps-format-ruins-films-artistry-previewers-151733881.html
Posted By: Gambit21

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/02/12 12:14 AM

Still hating the bat costume - Nolan really futzed it up.
Posted By: knightgames

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/02/12 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: JAMF
Sweet! Goosebumps at the choir's build up. Another appearance from "the kid from 3rd rock from the sun" in a quality movie. wink That's how you build reputation; pick good movies, not big paychecks.

I couldn't tell you the kid's name unless I Googled it, but I've liked everything I've seen him in.
Posted By: knightgames

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/02/12 10:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Gambit21

Still better by a loooooooooooooooooooong shot than the George Clooney costume. That was an embarrassment.
Posted By: Zorg12

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/02/12 11:16 AM

1. Dark Knight Rises

2. The Hobbit

3. Prometheus

Spot on Panzermeyer, expect I would reverse that order.

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/02/12 12:01 PM

The new Batman costume is fine to me. The only 2 things I haven't liked about the Nolan films are Batman's voice and the leading female love interests. Both Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhall were just dull IMHO.
Posted By: EAF331 MadDog

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/02/12 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Arthonon

1. Dark Knight Rises

2. The Hobbit

3. Prometheus

Did you hear about "The Hobbit" being shot at 48fps? Apparently a lot of people don't like the look, they think it makes it look more like cheap video:

http://news.yahoo.com/hobbits-48-fps-format-ruins-films-artistry-previewers-151733881.html

yes, they were whining about being able to see all the details biggrin

Bring it on, Peter!
Posted By: Gambit21

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/02/12 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: knightgames
Originally Posted By: Gambit21

Still better by a loooooooooooooooooooong shot than the George Clooney costume. That was an embarrassment.

Well yeah, that's a given.
Those Joel Schummacher films were horrible.

Re: The Dark Knight Rises - new trailer - 05/02/12 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Arthonon

I didn't know about this until you brought it up but I did some research today and found this bit of important info,

"If the 48 fps doesn't work, it doesn't mean that the film will fail. When it's released on Dec. 14, "The Hobbit" will be available in both 48 fps (in theaters where such technology is available) as well as the standard frame rate. It will also be available in 3-D and IMAX, as well as 2-D as well, giving moviegoers plenty of options."
© 2024 SimHQ Forums