homepage

my collection of odds and ends

Posted By: unclemiller

my collection of odds and ends - 11/05/11 11:06 PM

I've been wanting to share my collection with everybody for a while, and since I've finally got it somewhat organized please take a look. Some titles are rare but most of you will recognize just about everything. Hopefully some things will bring back memories of the "good ol' days" as I still call them so. Please let me know any thoughts and/or comments. I hope they can be seen OK. Of course this doesn't include all of my downloaded stuff which probably numbers at least half of what's below. If it's in a box I'll buy it. As of now, nothing is for sale but that might change one of these days.

Thanks everybody,

Unclemiller

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: my collection of odds and ends - 11/05/11 11:16 PM

Wow, nice collection!! I have to admit that I've dumped most of my old pc game boxes in order to make room in the house.

Seeing the gray box for the MiG-29 add-on for Falcon 3 really brought back memories of my early flight simming days. I loved flying the MiG!

Re: my collection of odds and ends - 11/05/11 11:22 PM

Thanks. I have my original disks from way back when that I still use to play that. If you look close you can see those boxes are sealed new. Yes, I still have computers that will play all of this stuff but I just don't have the time anymore.

Uncle
Posted By: Goodwood

Re: my collection of odds and ends - 11/06/11 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: unclemiller
Thanks. I have my original disks from way back when that I still use to play that. If you look close you can see those boxes are sealed new. Yes, I still have computers that will play all of this stuff but I just don't have the time anymore.

Uncle

"It belongs in a museum!"
Posted By: Force10

Re: my collection of odds and ends - 11/06/11 12:31 AM

Very impressive! IMO, the only things missing is a binder version of Falcon 4.0 and Nascar racing season 2003. Good stuff! thumbsup
Posted By: Dogsbd

Re: my collection of odds and ends - 11/06/11 12:45 AM

cheers

Cool.
Posted By: NH2112

Re: my collection of odds and ends - 11/06/11 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Seeing the gray box for the MiG-29 add-on for Falcon 3 really brought back memories of my early flight simming days. I loved flying the MiG!

The MiG was kinda funky, and I never could get the damn Hornet to stop porpoising no matter HOW I trimmed it. So I stuck with the F16 & FSX. Once I found the SAM and NITEEYES patches, and bought Falcon Gold for the CD install and version 3.05 .exe file, I spent every waking moment outside of work on that thing. Even on a P133 you had to moslo that sucker down to about 10% in order to keep the Sidewinder seeker from nutating faster than the eye could follow. LOL

I think it was just within the past couple years I sold my original "Electronic Battlefield" series of Falcon 3.0, Operation: Fighting Tiger, MiG-29, and Hornet: Naval Strike Fighter to someone here. Falcon Gold went some time before that, I think.

Re: my collection of odds and ends - 11/06/11 02:32 AM

I found a new sealed Falcon 4.0 binder edition on that wonderful auction site everyone knows of and I am thinking of getting it. It's only $23. Have you guys seen the prices for Nascar Racing 2003? They're unbelievable. Anybody out there wanting to part with theirs LOL? Thanks for all the neat compliments and remarks. Keep em' coming. It's a small collection but in my opinion it's filled with A+ stuff, and it all works believe it or not!

Thanks all,

Unclemiller
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: my collection of odds and ends - 11/06/11 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: unclemiller
Have you guys seen the prices for Nascar Racing 2003? They're unbelievable.
How much is a copy going for now? I sold my copy to an Electronics Boutique way back when they used to buy and sell used PC games.

Re: my collection of odds and ends - 11/06/11 02:47 AM

Panzermeyer,

Anywhere from $70+ for used/like new and over $100 for new. Seems like this was special for some reason. I've been watching this for years and it just keeps going up.

Unclemiller
Posted By: TankHunter

Re: my collection of odds and ends - 11/06/11 03:04 AM

The Janes and Maxis titles definitely bring back memories.
Posted By: Coot

Re: my collection of odds and ends - 11/06/11 03:11 AM

Wishe I'd kept my Jane's boxes. I hope to walk into Goodwill or some other store or a garage sale one day and see a collection like that. I'd probably get all giddy and then have a heart attack.
Posted By: Sauron

Re: my collection of odds and ends - 11/06/11 03:17 AM

Nice collection unclemiller! You and I have pretty close to identical tastes in titles.

Cheers!

Rick... thumbsup
© 2024 SimHQ Forums