homepage

Awesome pics from the RAF Phantom detachment during the Falklands War

Posted By: semmern

Awesome pics from the RAF Phantom detachment during the Falklands War - 10/20/11 06:00 PM

A thread on Pprune full of awesome personal pics from a couple of Phantom pilots.

http://www.pprune.org/aviation-history-nostalgia/465872-phandet-fi-early-days.html

My favourite pic of the lot. Phantastic biggrin

Posted By: Lipfert

Re: Awesome pics from the RAF Phantom detachment during the Falklands War - 10/20/11 06:17 PM

Thanks, good series of pics. Not your everyday stuff !
Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander

Re: Awesome pics from the RAF Phantom detachment during the Falklands War - 10/20/11 06:39 PM

From the thread in the Jet Thunder forum here!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3408194/While_We_Wait.html#Post3408194
Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: Awesome pics from the RAF Phantom detachment during the Falklands War - 10/20/11 07:38 PM

excellent pics ..thanks for posting
Posted By: Dogsbd

Re: Awesome pics from the RAF Phantom detachment during the Falklands War - 10/20/11 07:50 PM

Awesome. The RAF stationed some Phantoms in the Falklands after the war didn't it?
Posted By: Ajay

Re: Awesome pics from the RAF Phantom detachment during the Falklands War - 10/20/11 10:42 PM

Excellent shots.I remember i had a pic of the Super Entendard cut out off our local newspaper on my mirror in my room in 1982 , i think i was the only one at school ( primary) that had any interest in the conflict as my Dad was glued to the news channels while it was going on.It wasn't until later i realised the Entendard was the 'enemy' plane biggrin

Re: Awesome pics from the RAF Phantom detachment during the Falklands War - 10/21/11 12:10 AM

Phantoms rock!

Re: Awesome pics from the RAF Phantom detachment during the Falklands War - 10/21/11 12:21 AM

RAF Phantom FGR2 at Stanley, 1984
Posted By: PFunk

Re: Awesome pics from the RAF Phantom detachment during the Falklands War - 10/21/11 01:56 AM

There are four Typhoons down there right now.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums