Posted By: citizen guod

Camaro ZL1 - 02/12/11 05:37 AM

<lust>

http://autoguide.nascar.com/image/100339962_2012-chevrolet-camaro-zl1

</lust>
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/12/11 05:55 AM

Not bad, not bad.

I'd like to see them trim 15 to 20+% off the "bulk" of the design. Thin down that heavy looking roofline. Add something like "bumpers" on both ends.

Then top if off with the most exciting electric drivetrain you can fit in the price point. Maybe have a switch to toggle between "daily driver" and "rip the tread off your tires" modes.

As it sits... Ooo... I like the square bezel theme, in fact the entire interior is great.
Posted By: Skycat

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/12/11 06:17 AM

Maximilian likes this!
Posted By: Jaz

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/12/11 06:26 AM

Ohh very nice! I really like American muscle cars. The last few years has really seen a revival of the muscle car and I love it. Don't know which one I would choose though given the choice, Camaro, Challenger or Mustang.

This is what the American car manufacturers should limit themselves to; affordable muscle cars and pick up trucks. It's what they're good at.

Jaz
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/12/11 06:45 AM

Too bad they only LOOK like the 60's and aren't priced like it.
Posted By: Sauron

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/12/11 08:19 AM

I saw the ragtop version in screaming red on the cover of a magazine in the grocery store the other day. I want one! I NEED a screaming red convertible!

Then all I'll have to do is solicit volunteer drivers.

Sometimes being a disabled vet really sucks.

But I'll still take the convertible, even if I have to use it as a field car!

Cheers!

Rick... biggrin
Posted By: 20mm

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/12/11 02:40 PM

want want want want want want
Posted By: TheHobbit

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/12/11 04:24 PM

I'm a bigger fan of this:

2011 Challenger SRT8 Green with Envy introduced by Motoman

It sure is fun to watch the progression of the design for the Camaro and Challenger evolve though.
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/12/11 06:44 PM

These modern musclecars are serious, only the meanest '60s-'70s flagship big blocks could hope to keep up with them in stock form, and even then they'd probably need all sorts of tweaking and tuning. I don't know if I'd want one though, the time of the musclecar formula has passed IMO.
Posted By: Moses

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/12/11 07:13 PM

I love my camaro, Fast drives good in the snow that we had, and gets great gas mileage

pic taken by my friend knight on this website
Posted By: 531 Ghost

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/12/11 08:52 PM

Saw this on the show Rides the other night:

I WANT!
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/12/11 09:21 PM

My dream car would be some kind of tube framed hot rod or kit car powered by some spiced up less commonly seen engine. Trust me, next to a truely lightweight car with decent power, a conventional chassis vehicle seems like a Peterbilt hauling logs, uphill.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/13/11 12:30 AM

Would love to have the dough to afford these types of toys again. sigh

Wheels
Posted By: citizen guod

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/13/11 12:35 AM

Looks good Moses!
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/14/11 06:19 AM

Real nice car Moses. thumbsup

Wheels
Posted By: mucat

Re: Camaro ZL1 - 02/14/11 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: TheHobbit
I'm a bigger fan of this:

2011 Challenger SRT8 Green with Envy introduced by Motoman

It sure is fun to watch the progression of the design for the Camaro and Challenger evolve though.

They are pretty cheap when buying used. Almost bought a 07 SRT8 Charger last year, they are seriously fast cars.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums