homepage

Update/version?

Posted By: WharfRat

Update/version? - 10/01/18 02:33 PM

I am just now getting a new computer set up and loaded. The last Falcon I was able to fly and fight was AF. Now that I am several years behind, what version and update do most of the groups use now?
Posted By: DBond

Re: Update/version? - 10/01/18 02:40 PM

I'd say that Falcon BMS is the most popular version available today. And in my opinion only, the best one too.

AF has some campaign features that I feel are better than what BMS has, but in terms of weapons, avionics, systems and procedures (and much more), I feel that BMS gives us the best jet in Falcon's long history.
Posted By: WharfRat

Re: Update/version? - 10/01/18 02:53 PM

Thanks, but that was not exactly what I was looking for. I made some of those arguments years ago with AF winning then, mostly because BMS did not work well on my older system. Now I wanted to try BMS again, but I noticed 4.33 was the latest version, but now has 7 updates. Since I assume you have to have the versions to fly multiplayer, I was looking to find out where everyone else was in that regard.
Posted By: theOden

Re: Update/version? - 10/01/18 04:18 PM

BMS 4.33 is update 5
AF reached update 7 as far as I remember.

In AF one could assign section or wingman to another runway prior target, that was a nice feature.
Hope to see that in BMS one day.

For me, BMS 3d pit is all I need to decide between AF and BMS.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums