homepage

EF-2000 Superpit released

Posted By: Aeyes

EF-2000 Superpit released - 03/24/06 01:02 PM

Today the EF-2000 Typhoon Superpit add-on for Falcon4.0 is released.
This add-on does not only stretch the limits a bit further with what is possible in a 2D environment cockpit, but also has some extra's included.
This EF-2000 add-on will only be for SP4+BM2, FF3, FF3.1 and FF3.1+C1 versions.
In other words a BMS2.exe is the least requirement due to the many additional callbacks and features that are used.

Also, a special word of thanks for both Daws and Homercide, Daws for his 3D wings in the 2D cockpit, and Homercide for his excellent installer, capable of doing things I only hoped it could, and for any of the above versions.

There are 4 sets of skins for different European Airforces that are currently or about to be using the Typhoon in active duty, the German Airforce, the Royal Air Force, The Italian AirForce and the Austrian Airforce. The main reason to add these high resolution textures is because you see them when looking outside the cockpit at 4 and 8 o'clock directions.

Also available is a specific set of EF-2000 splashes, to make your flights and EF-2000 experience complete during loading and leaving missions.
Ofcourse to make installing easier you can also download the splashinstaller utility, that has all Superpits splashes integrated and allows for easy switching between different splashes. Available at the Cockpits.nl website.

A features list of what is included:
- Views Day and night time - The normal and wideview cockpit is not available, in the EF-2000 Superpit was chosen for an 'in between' cockpit, not wide not close up but with maximum visibility and panel image quality. Big advantage is ability to switch in the cockpit during flight between the day and nightlit cockpit.
- Nightlighting - For flying at night, push keys Shift-2 for enabling the night time cockpit with backlit panels
- Tacan/map -Clicking down or keycombination Shift-1 shows the reference view for TACAN selection and a map.Clicking further down pans to the nightlit cockpit. Panning up from this view shows the normal daytime cockpit. Panning sideways shows other theaters' reference guides like Desert Storm and Balkans
- Displays - The MHDD displays (Multifunctional Head Down Displays) are made clickable in a 'touchscreen' mode, meaning you can operate the display by pressing the area that is showing.
- Kneeboard - The right knee has a browsable rampstart checklist, a fence in/out checklist, a refuelling checklist, an AA/AAA threat list and basic EF-2000 systems/Abreviations information. Browsing is done by left and right clicking.
- Moving map - There is a moving map showing in the MMD (Moving Map Display) along with 3rd display data.
- Rampstart - A full rampstart is possible, checklists are available in Word and in PDF format and on the right kneeboard in the simulation.
- Textures Included in the add-on are 4 different textures for the exterior plane. German Air Force JG-73 sqn, Italian Airforce 4 Stormo sqn, UK Royal Air Force and Austrian Airforce textures, matching the real Airforce sqns.
- Converted F-16 avionics to EF-2000 - There are a large number of items adjusted so that they better resemble EF-2000 avionics. One example is the combination of an ADI and HSI in one display, including a VVI and range/course digits indication. Another example is the items that are displayed on the MHDD's when doing a rampstart and when in combat. This info is retrieved from actual EF-2000 movies and rampstart pictures.

The pilot that flies the EF-2000 will notice that it is an aergonomically well designed plane, a comfortable cockpit since a lot of handling happens in one view direction in the front. Pilots that use tools like Gamevoice can increase realism with the use of Voicecommands, like in the real Typhoon. Ofcourse the cockpit is also fully clickable. A big bonus is that it carries a lot of weapons, it is very powerful and flies like a dream.
To go to the cockpits.nl website: http://www.cockpits.nl/index2.html

Aeyes
Cockpits.nl
Posted By: Uther

Re: EF-2000 Superpit released - 03/26/06 02:38 PM

Wow!
Posted By: Novum

Re: EF-2000 Superpit released - 03/26/06 07:31 PM

well i guess this ansvers my recent post =D
Posted By: Revvin

Re: EF-2000 Superpit released - 03/26/06 09:22 PM

Wow indeed!
Posted By: Bekker

Re: EF-2000 Superpit released - 03/27/06 01:21 PM

Excellent work (as always) Aeyes! Time to install FF3.1 again.

Nap
Posted By: SirViper

Re: EF-2000 Superpit released - 03/27/06 06:59 PM

Man that is nice looking! I want it for Falcon 4 Allied Force!
Posted By: Stratos

Re: EF-2000 Superpit released - 07/28/06 07:33 PM

Oh thank's for make us remember Spain is an AFRICAN country!!

Re: EF-2000 Superpit released - 07/29/06 12:26 PM

Not sure how I did that, but choices had to be made since there where 4 skinsets available in FF3/C1 for the Typhoon. It seemed logic to improve them rather than change them completely since it would have meant changes in other areas as well in Falcon. But it is not so hard to make a Spanish skinset for CE16-01 of Wing 11 ?

Re: EF-2000 Superpit released - 07/30/06 02:31 PM

That would be very nice, I cannot understand yet why FF made a Austrian EF If they don't have any fighter yet

Re: EF-2000 Superpit released - 07/31/06 11:41 AM

Yes I agree, it is a bit strange
Posted By: T Rex

Re: EF-2000 Superpit released - 08/02/06 03:47 PM

That's a good question.... \:\)

I'll see what I can figure out.

If someone has a more authentic skin they'd rather see, contact me and we'll see what we can do. \:\)

Re: EF-2000 Superpit released - 08/07/06 02:12 PM

Try this, top of the page, will love to have it in FF4
© 2024 SimHQ Forums