homepage

F4 updates

Posted By: Out of Luck

F4 updates - 12/30/05 01:28 AM

Looking for the best updates to use with F4 original version. I am looking to fix some of the quirks in the training missions and AI. I dont fly online so that part is not as important as the other things. I have an older computer so I am not really looking to bog it down with alot of unneeded stuff.

I am running an:
AMD 1.2 TBIRD
384MB ram
64mg GForce

I am upgrading the computer in 6 months but need to use what I have for now. Daughter comes first ,she got a new one for christmas.

Thanks for the info

Mark
Posted By: John P

Re: F4 updates - 12/30/05 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Out of Luck:
Looking for the best updates to use with F4 original version. I am looking to fix some of the quirks in the training missions and AI. I dont fly online so that part is not as important as the other things. I have an older computer so I am not really looking to bog it down with alot of unneeded stuff.

I am running an:
AMD 1.2 TBIRD
384MB ram
64mg GForce

I am upgrading the computer in 6 months but need to use what I have for now. Daughter comes first ,she got a new one for christmas.

Thanks for the info

Mark
I'd recommend the Superpak 4.2 one click installer (OCI).
It'll run fine on that rig, not sure where it's hosted anymore, so do a google.

- install F4
- run the oci.

That's it.
Posted By: JimG

Re: F4 updates - 12/31/05 12:43 AM

Try FreeFalcon. http://www.freefalcon.com
Posted By: John P

Re: F4 updates - 12/31/05 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JimG:
Try FreeFalcon. http://www.freefalcon.com
I don't think FF would be a good choice with his specs.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: F4 updates - 12/31/05 06:50 PM

SuperPak 4.2 OCI here:

http://www.royallreserved.com/Filestore/Falcon%204/SP42_OCI.zip

Good Luck, Out of Luck

\:\)
Posted By: Dirk98

Re: F4 updates - 01/02/06 07:06 PM

Nice choice, BigA.
Posted By: ricnunes

Re: F4 updates - 01/03/06 02:14 PM

Thanks BigA.

Re: F4 updates - 01/14/06 01:21 AM

Thanks for the replies. I bought an FX5200 video card w/256mbDDR - computer crashed and it took 3 days to get it back up. Anyone have any luck with the FX5200 - thought I would give it a shot for $50.

Thanks

Mark

Re: F4 updates - 03/19/06 03:16 AM

Well, I ended up scrapping the old box. After installing the FX5200 I never could get the computer to run right. Even tried installing my old video card, bios update,numerous windows reinstalls I always had a resource leak, which I never had before in the last three years. To make a long story short, after a month of frustration I punched the tower crushing the front of the case dislodging the video card and sound card from the motherboard as it hit the wall at about Mach1 (Look on the wifes face was priceless). I happened upon a great deal on my new computer

P4 2.0 gig - XP pro
Onboard video 64 meg/onboard sound
768 meg ram (2100)

I know the graphics will be limited but cant be much worse than my old box with Geforce 64 meg card can it
Anyone tried to run Falcon on one of these Dell Boxes? I am debating loading Falcon till I get a descent Video Card.

Dont let anyone buy a FX5200 card - very bad experience

Thanks

Mark
Posted By: Soerenjev

Re: F4 updates - 03/24/06 11:37 AM

What is the difference the between FreeFalcon patch and the SuperPak patch ?
Posted By: T Rex

Re: F4 updates - 03/28/06 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Soerenjev:
What is the difference the between FreeFalcon patch and the SuperPak patch ?
Oy vey. \:\)

Well, it kinda depends on your point of view. \:D

There is no single big difference IMHO, just a bunch of small ones.

My advice is usually for people to pick one, install it, play it for awhile, then install the other one, play it for awhile, and see which one they like best.

Good luck. \:\)
Posted By: Soerenjev

Re: F4 updates - 03/31/06 12:42 PM

ok, thanks
© 2024 SimHQ Forums