homepage

Europe theater is amazing

Posted By: hossa18

Europe theater is amazing - 03/29/09 08:38 PM

Is anyone flying Europe? This theater is incredible. No more shooting Mig19s over Kwangju. This is the battlefield for which all these planes, weapons, and SAMs were invented for.

But the campaign is very primitive. Too primitive for my taste--there are no airbases in East Germany. Is Europe campaign development suspended? How do I volunteer and contribute?

I'm building a large TE for FRG and DDR. It's like a history lesson. You can place historical fighter regiments in their former airbases. At first the DDR AF was a disappointment. Only 6 fighter-regiments, mostly Fishbeds. It felt just like the DPRK. But then I placed the Soviets. Nine fighter-regiments, 8 of them brand-new Fulcrums. You can see how the small size of the DDR was an ideal situation for the Mig29.

I think the DDR would make a great online TE. F15s sweep the FLOT, Migs scramble, F15s try to drag them into a killzone over the Baltic. Likewise, the Migs try to drag the Eagles into a SA5 trap. I'm clueless to what the DDR air defense network should look like. I placed SA4s at each AB, SA3s at each SAM site, and three SA5s in Berlin, and two SA10s in Berlin. Do I need more SA5s?

PMC has done 80% of the work. Only the campaign is incomplete. This theater must get finished.
Posted By: Echo300

Re: Europe theater is amazing - 03/30/09 01:32 PM

Yeah, Europe is fun... but, as you say, very primitive. PMC is working on Desert Storm right now. When that's out, they'll start on a new theater. Maybe Europe, maybe Iran, who knows. Here's a 3 page topic at PMC about Europe developments: http://tactical.nekromantix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=21561 - Last post was about a week ago.
Posted By: chronoPilot

Re: Europe theater is amazing - 03/30/09 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: hossa18
Is anyone flying Europe? This theater is incredible. No more shooting Mig19s over Kwangju. This is the battlefield for which all these planes, weapons, and SAMs were invented for.

But the campaign is very primitive. Too primitive for my taste--there are no airbases in East Germany. Is Europe campaign development suspended? How do I volunteer and contribute?

I'm building a large TE for FRG and DDR. It's like a history lesson. You can place historical fighter regiments in their former airbases. At first the DDR AF was a disappointment. Only 6 fighter-regiments, mostly Fishbeds. It felt just like the DPRK. But then I placed the Soviets. Nine fighter-regiments, 8 of them brand-new Fulcrums. You can see how the small size of the DDR was an ideal situation for the Mig29.

I think the DDR would make a great online TE. F15s sweep the FLOT, Migs scramble, F15s try to drag them into a killzone over the Baltic. Likewise, the Migs try to drag the Eagles into a SA5 trap. I'm clueless to what the DDR air defense network should look like. I placed SA4s at each AB, SA3s at each SAM site, and three SA5s in Berlin, and two SA10s in Berlin. Do I need more SA5s?

PMC has done 80% of the work. Only the campaign is incomplete. This theater must get finished.

Last I checked, Italy and the former Yugoslavia (Balkans) was in Europe. The Balkans theater is much more developed and the AF version has three great, functional campaigns complete with Su-33, MiG-29, SA-10, and SA-15 threats, etc...
Posted By: hossa18

Re: Europe theater is amazing - 03/31/09 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: chronoPilot
Last I checked, Italy and the former Yugoslavia (Balkans) was in Europe.

NATO v. Serbia= beatdown. Do you remember Kosovo?

NATO v. Warsaw Pact= World War III. Do you see a difference?

Re: Europe theater is amazing - 03/31/09 05:52 PM

NATO v. Warsaw Pact= World War III. Do you see a difference?

Do you only fly the historically correct campaigns? The Balkans 2010 campaigns can be a beatdown...on you.
Posted By: white_fang

Re: Europe theater is amazing - 04/01/09 10:03 PM

What's that suppose to mean?, *Was* in europe?

They are still, afaik. (not much of yugoslavia, tho, = today's serbia)

The *battles* of kosovo, even they were not battles, in means of open-conflicts, (mass tanks, infantry) were the smallest part of balkan conflict.
Biggest parts were *played* in bosnia and croatia.

Neither was whole balkan conflict a mass warfare zone, pretty much like vietnam.
Large land force (serb's) against small units guerrilla attacks, ya' know, hit'n'run tactics.

There were no way in the first days that *opposing force* could stand off such an army, with bare teeth and rpg's if they were lucky to have them.
But with time the odds were changed in (hehe?) our cause, so there was much of *rethinking/regrouping* in their lines. (and that happened very much because of (huh?) bravery of the defenders, not because the "tactical aid" from "higher sources".
Oh, and that played part enough, tho. Or it would last longer then needed, well, even
that much wasn't needed, imho.
But they had to be butt-kicked and in my opinion they weren't enough.

Do you only fly the historically correct campaigns? The Balkans 2010 campaigns can be a beatdown...on you.

Not if I can fly smile

cheers
white_fang

Re: Europe theater is amazing - 04/02/09 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: white_fang

What's that suppose to mean?, *Was* in europe?

They are still, afaik. (not much of yugoslavia, tho, = today's serbia)

The *battles* of kosovo, even they were not battles, in means of open-conflicts, (mass tanks, infantry) were the smallest part of balkan conflict.
Biggest parts were *played* in bosnia and croatia.

Neither was whole balkan conflict a mass warfare zone, pretty much like vietnam.
Large land force (serb's) against small units guerrilla attacks, ya' know, hit'n'run tactics.

There were no way in the first days that *opposing force* could stand off such an army, with bare teeth and rpg's if they were lucky to have them.
But with time the odds were changed in (hehe?) our cause, so there was much of *rethinking/regrouping* in their lines. (and that happened very much because of (huh?) bravery of the defenders, not because the "tactical aid" from "higher sources".
Oh, and that played part enough, tho. Or it would last longer then needed, well, even
that much wasn't needed, imho.
But they had to be butt-kicked and in my opinion they weren't enough.

Not if I can fly smile

cheers
white_fang

Okay; but I wasn't talking about history. hossa18 just mentioned he was tired of MiG-19's over Kwanju and that the European campaign was good, but incomplete. As a solution, I recommended the Balkans which has European terrain and much more challenging equipment in the sim while being complete and functional in the campaign mode. "Balkans 2010" is clearly not accurate, historically, but is much different than the stock, basic, Korean campaign.
Posted By: white_fang

Re: Europe theater is amazing - 04/02/09 05:45 PM

Naaaa,

No prob. Entire game is NOT even close to historically accurate, but very, very good plane sim (and battlefield operations sim) indeed.

Balkans 2005/2010 is my favorite, it gives ruskies a liitle bit of new-technology, su-32, 39, etc., even I really don't like facing mig-29 and especially su-27 face to face.

But you have off-boresight launch caps with aim9x, asraam, python4/3?, (not every plane, however) in 2005/2010, and I find that an freetrack/track-ir veeeery usefull, even somehow, amusing smile

And yeah, for the topic :), too bad that european theatre is not finalized, not like stock campaigns, tho, well, more like open-falcon, red-viper, NOT korean campaigns.
It needs leveling, naming... and not to count what not.

It's not fun that half places are called nowhere, even we are talking about 1024*1024 map.

Stock maps are, 512*512, I think.

But still, it would be great and well appreciated effort.

cheers
white_fang
© 2024 SimHQ Forums