homepage

VKB Black Mamba + Extension and Obutto Ozone?

Posted By: RainMan

VKB Black Mamba + Extension and Obutto Ozone? - 04/13/16 01:43 PM

Has anyone who owns a Obutto Ozone center-mounted a VKB Black Mamba + extension?

I am getting my Ozone today, and so far I haven't found any references regarding this scenario, and I know there is no pre-made Obutto solution for this. Any help would be appreciated.

This is the stick in question, with the extension added:

Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: VKB Black Mamba + Extension and Obutto Ozone? - 04/16/16 02:49 PM

I have a revolution with the Obutto center mount (won't accommodate an extension that long though), not an Ozone, but your best bet would likely be to have the Ozone sit on a sheet of plywood, and bolt the base to that.
Posted By: RainMan

Re: VKB Black Mamba + Extension and Obutto Ozone? - 04/18/16 02:17 AM

Thanks for the feedback, AggressorBLUE!

Here's what I think I need to make it work:

Basically, cut the default Obutto center mount from the flight control mount pack so that only an inch or so remains from the vertical tube, and then weld a flat metal piece on top of it, onto which the Mamba + extension can be mounted... done. This would allow me to use the existing Obutto screws and mounting, location, plus it would be the right height for the extended Mamba!

Here's how I envision that piece - needless to say, someone has to make it for me:

Also, it seems as if that metal plate would have to be scooted back some, or maybe be a little longer than pictured, so that the Mamba would come straight up from where the seat and the monitor stand tubes meet, considering the just over 40cm of travel that the Mamba with extension does back/forth/left/right.

Here's my current Ozone setup:

Posted By: kestrel79

Re: VKB Black Mamba + Extension and Obutto Ozone? - 05/01/18 04:09 AM

Rainman you ever figure this out? I just got an extension for my Fat Black Mamba MkIII and also have an Obutto Ozone. I have the Obutto center stick mount as well, but mine looks a little different than yours think mine is the older model. I'm wondering how to tackle the exact same problem.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums