homepage

Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video..

Posted By: The Nephilim

Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/02/13 11:01 PM

Hey All,

I had promised this about 2 years ago and just got 1 video done.. The quality is not too good I did it with my nephews 3DS..

WEll here it is playing F4 BMS and just ran a training mission..

Posted By: kramer

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/03/13 07:26 PM

cool! clapping

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/04/13 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: kramer
cool! clapping

Thank You Kramer and yes it is Cool..
I would Highly reccomend 3 screens to any serious gamer..
Posted By: Eugene

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/04/13 08:53 AM

I am sure you had to sell your soul to THE DEVIL in order to possess this in your own home, to have and to hold, EVERY DAY, whenever you feel like it!

biggrin
Nice work, Neph!

Eugene

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/04/13 02:34 PM

Well actually Eugene I sold my Soul to Jahova.. hehe..

But seriously I did save my pennies and after years of wanting to get projectors my Dreams came true with some persistance..

It is really a treat but you still dont get the 3D effect I also have which adds to the immersion
Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/04/13 09:59 PM

Very cool setup!

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/04/13 11:23 PM

Oh. OK then. That's different. Carry on.
winkngrin

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/04/13 11:34 PM

hehe cool thnx will carry on sir,,
Posted By: Longbow fanatic

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/10/13 07:56 PM

How did you join the screens up without the frames visible?? Looks great

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/11/13 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Longbow fanatic
How did you join the screens up without the frames visible?? Looks great

The Screens are not monitors but I have used DLP Projectors with a sdcreen I made using ScreenGoo paint..
Posted By: Longbow fanatic

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/12/13 03:40 AM

Oh I see in the vid the three projectors overhead, would it be possible to do a complete 360 wrap around with multiple projectors?

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/12/13 02:03 PM

well while that may be possible with some sims like FSX it is not possible with F4 BMS currently that I know of..

I know with DSCW you can get about 285 degrees wraparound but still not 360.. I have seen a FULL 360 degree dome made for flight sims whenre they use multiple projectors and you will sit in the middle of the dome and anywhere you look is part of the virtual world that you can see..

Barco 360 degree dome

NOW that I would LOVE to see..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 06/27/13 06:57 PM

Well I just upgraded my Old Sharp XR10X-L DLP Projectors with currently a Single but going for 3 Acer 1261P DLP 3D Vision Projectors..

I must say the 3D with 120Hz is incredible I do NOT see any Flicker at all..I need to move the desk up a few inches but that should not be a problem, I can NOT move the projector back any further without a serious modification to the Structure as there are water pipes in the way of the board I have long ways on the ceiling..

It will be easier to move the desk back a few inches.. Hopefully I can get the other 2 projectors soon. I would like to get them before winter..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/21/13 04:55 AM

Well I just got around to installing the VGA Gang plate and box in the wall.. I took some basic pics with an Ipod Touch so they are not the best but good enough..

I need to wait as I had to order some new parts like the 3 gang cover plate for the VGA Plates and a Keystone LAN jack with female on both end so I don't have to cut the LAN Cable in the wall..

I am spending more money when I should be saving for the other 2 projectors wink Guess they will have to be put on hold for a bit until I get some more funding.. I had a guy wanting to buy my Mach 5 IXL 18.4 18" Driver but he kind of disappeared and so did my sale..

Oh well will have to wait till end of day tomorrow and Ill relist it I guess.. does you know someone who is looking for a kick butt Sub Driver?? if so Let me know but if not NP..

So here are the pics I have:

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/21/13 08:14 PM

I really like that gang plate as I REALLY need to run my wiring through the attic. 5 years in the house and my speaker wire is still hanging from the walls and my projector cables still underneath a rug and freely running up the wall. Seems everytime I think about doing it its summertime and there is no way I'm climbing in the 100+F attic to do it. I need to put a 2x6 in between the ceiling studs also so I hang my new mount that has a permanent ceiling mount and detachable mount for the projector. I have two of these mounting systems and I hung one up on the backyard patio for summer movie nights. Until I hook the other one up in the theater/sim room though I have to detach the projector from the existing mount which is a real PITA.

In any case I think you're inspiring me to get off my @ss and do it!

I'll take some pics of the mounts I have and post them when I get a chance, they're really cool, sturdy, adjustable have have a pretty decent cable management built in to them as well.

EDIT: Neph whats your take on VGA vs DVI vs HDMI connections for projectors? Always curious on this as I could never tell much difference on the VGA vs DVI and the HDMI connection on my projector has resolution issues (screen size is vastly decreased on projected image). Always wanted to figure out the HDMI issue because I think I get a better image display but haven't spent the time on it yet.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/22/13 01:21 AM

Well thing with Projectors and if using in a Home Theater Environment it is best to use HDMI or DVI for HDCP issues plus the Digital Connection has a better image and color vibrance..

I use the VGA's on this as it is for a PC so I don't need to be concerned with HDCP Troubles.. HDCP is the Encryption Protection that is supposed to make Pirating go away but it has been cracked nad people still pirate even the blurays.. But is still needed to play legal copies of blurays and HDTV's and Projectors that use HDMI...

VGA can still pass a 1080P 120hz signal it is just analog.. I would have gotten a HDMI Cable but I don't think they made a NVidia 3D vision certified HDMI Projector..

For the Home Theater environment it is best to keep everything HDMI..

OK what is the Model number of your Projector that has the Issues with size?? is it letterboxed or something or just a small screen size vs the VGA connection??

EDIT: Yes having the cables in the wall is so much better Cosmetically and for neatness.. I hated the wires hanging from the ceiling.. wink... I just need to do the 120v wire to the new location and put the new box up and run the wire.. I still need to figure out if I need a Circuit breaker for the breaker box..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/22/13 08:32 PM

I should have pointed out that I use my PC for all home theater needs so I guess I won't really see that big a difference if VGA can handle the HD signal. As for the HDMI size issue my screen/image is roughly a 108" on VGA but the second I switch to HDMI the image shrinks to below half that size. I can't think of the model # right this second but its a 720P Infocus (also more than a few years old). In any case it still looks great and its awesome to sim on and play Arma.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/23/13 01:28 PM

Well get me the model number I shall do some research in the manual and look on the Projector central Calculator.. I think it might be a resize thing in the menu of the Projector that is causing that and not a fault with HDMI..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/24/13 05:13 AM

Well I bought the new Bulb and this is how I received it Busted and broken.. frown

I ordered a new bulb this time just the barre bulb.. I should get it this week sometime..

I also fixed up the Wallplates and Cat 5 Connectors:

I also ordered a eVGA 590GTX Vid card I bought off a member here and it is besting a 680 still.. Not bad for a 5xx series card even this it is a dual was about the same price as the 680GTX.. I needed to go old school as the 590GTX had the 3 DVI - I connectors I needed for my VGA Projectors.. The new video cards don't have the 2 DVI - I connectors anymore.. So I went old school and got me a 590GTX..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 10/13/13 12:04 AM

Well I just received my 2nd DLP Projector today 1 more to go and back in Triplescreen goodness.. Cant wait..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 11/24/13 04:22 AM

Well After having my 3rd Projector sent to me.. I spent about 15hours getting 3D Surround up and running.. I then made some adjustments to the position of the projectors and I am thinking about getting a New Curved screen..

Also I currently need to get nThusim Warping software as my Projectors when starting a game resync and they get thrown out of alignment.. So I will need a Software solution as adjusting them by hand is not going to work and nThusim works so easy it is easier to adjust then trying to turn the mounts the projectors are on..

Well I will get some pics of my New Projectors and put them up.. I will try and get a video of DCSW in action. Oh and I also bought a TrackIR4 with PRo clip and been messing with that.. so far so good but I had a bit of a scare when I first hooked it up.. Since I have the light source from behind it was messing with the sensor and I could not pan up above 10deg.

Well I moved the TrackIR above the screen and pointed it down and that solved most of my trouble.. I posted on the NP website and they stated I could put the sensor behind me.. But I don't need to do that but it was a good idea they should mention that in their FAQ as I almost sent it back..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 11/25/13 12:41 AM

Its totally obvious that you're set-up is junk and that you should just throw everything away, being the good guy I am though you can just ship it to me and I'll dispose of it properly...... don't want any Chinese kids having to mess with that stuff in a landfill right? PMing my address now! thumbsup

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 11/25/13 06:10 AM

Originally Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander
Its totally obvious that you're set-up is junk and that you should just throw everything away, being the good guy I am though you can just ship it to me and I'll dispose of it properly...... don't want any Chinese kids having to mess with that stuff in a landfill right? PMing my address now! thumbsup

Yes, I have no idea how I put up with this junk.. hehe wink

I, did have a small update and saw your post here that is funny.. Well anyhow I had found out I need to purchase a Warping software that is nThusim.. What is happening that did not happen with my other projectors is when I start a game the screen goes blank as it resyncs and most times 1 or 2 of the screens does it a 2nd time throwing the sync off and I end up with a out of align projector screen..

It is pretty bad too, Towards the top sections where the edges meet, they look ok go down about 6 inches and it start tearing apart by the time im at the bottom of the screen on the edges it is near 2" off.. Please hurry and PM your addy I can not tolerate this crap anymore..

Well, nThusim should fix it though so I may just keep it after all.... I need to get camera and take some quick pics.. I also had to mod a Heat Shield on the 1 projector as it was blowing hot air into the intake of the middle projector and would overheat and shut off after about an hour of use.. but since my cardboard heatshield has been in place it has NOT overheated at all for I think about 6 hours I had it running this evening..

Don't look pretty but it is effective.. here are some pics Videos are on their way:

The Following are some excerps of some sims w/TrackIR and Triplescreen..

Arma2:OA

The Icing on this cake is it is in S3D With NVidia 3D Vision as well SWEEEETTTTTT!!

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 11/25/13 08:48 AM

Setups like this always take a lot of tinkering to get working right. Nthusim should be pretty awesome when you get it going. Look forward to seeing more progress!

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 11/25/13 12:23 PM

yes I been tinkering for a week now wink

How did you like my Heatshield..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 11/26/13 02:07 AM

Good use of cardboard! When I was having issues with my HD projector (which I thought was related to overheating I mounted a desktop fan to my ceiling to add some extra cooling power. Now I have an unused fan on my ceiling lol, hope to replace the lamp at X-Mas (asking for a replacement as a gift).

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 11/26/13 04:33 AM

Well Hitch I hope Santa sends you a new bulb for Christmas..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 11/26/13 11:22 AM

anybody want me to make a video with demo oif anything in particular.. I have the following titles:

1. Rise of Flight
2. F4 BMS
3. DCSW-- A10C/FC3/Black Shark 2
4. Arma2
5. GTR2
6. rFactor
7. SWTOR
8. LOTRO

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/09/14 12:01 AM

Well I bought 3 new bulbs this morning. Hopefully next Monday I will get them in the mail and get them installed and make some new videos..
Posted By: 453Raafspitty

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/09/14 12:57 AM

Rise of Flight will be nice and atmospheric smile

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/09/14 03:19 AM

I made this last year, Enjoy..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/28/14 03:28 PM

New Bulbs and I made some new Videos Hope you like them.. wink

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/24/14 12:17 AM

BlackHawk Down,,BlackHawk Down,, Well one of my Projectors Fan stopped working and is now defunct..

I thought I could try replacing the fan but it appears to be a bigger issue then a fan not working..

I am going to try and send it into Acer for Repair and see how that goes..I think the Controller board has a issue..

But I will let the pros poke further into the problem. I do not have an osciliscope to fix it anyhow.. heck I could buy the board but I would rather a pro look at it..

WEll I'll report back after I setup the repair and ship it off..

In other news I went ahead and removed my Heatsink Off of my 590GTX and learned I needed some Fujipoly Sarcon XR-Pe.. Well after going the Fujipoly corp, I ended up finding some sheets on FrozenCPU.com.. I am waiting until Tomorrow to go ahead and order it..

I wanted to repaste my GPU as I was intending to Overclock it too and wanted some new Paste on there.. So next time I want to remove the Heatsink the Video card comes in two pieces so no need to remove the entire Heatsink but I had to anyhow since it was a total repaste job I was intending to do..

It will only be for a few days heck I don't have 3 screens anyhow till I get that projector fixed.. Gaming in Single screen is just somehow a handicap.. Spoiled I am now..

Well here are some Pron Pics of the video card:

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/25/14 10:53 PM

Well I tore apart the Projector it appears the MainBoard is Defective.. I looked around the area where the Fan plugged in and the 1 chip there was all corroded and looked darker then the rest so it probally burnt out as well..

I was looking on ebay and found a new Board but thing is it is for the NON P version, I wonder what the differences are between the P and NON P??

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/26/14 12:31 AM

That sucks but at least you have two more to fall back on. Can't imagine having a three proj. setup having one is PITA sometimes as it is!

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/26/14 01:24 AM

Well can ONLY run 1 or all 3 with NVidia but 1 is ok but still don't matter til I get the parts for my video card in the mail..

Running 3 really is not so bad but when things go wrong like bulb replacement it is for 3 Cost kill but when it works man it is a Beautiful thing..

Im just mad I will NOT have my Triplesetup Fully Functional when Elder Scrolls Online is released.. I get the 5 day before release playtime since I bought the Preorder..

But I got to play the BETA in 3 Screens looked amazing..

I am looking to repair the Proj. myself but need to find out the difference between the P and NON P model of this Proj..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/25/14 06:05 AM

Well turns out I did not find parts for the P model so I bagged it and use it for spareparts.. I ended up buying another Proj. and I am back in action..

I am currently underway of getting my New Curved Screen.. I plan on using Komotex PVC Sheeting and some steel tubing.. I am going to move the Projectors back 2 feet and find out how big the screen is going to be at that new distance. Currently they are 6feet away so it will be significantly be a bigger screen..

Hopefully I can find a big enough piece of cardboard.. I am going to have to cut the Proj. mounts down to raise the Proj. closer to the ceiling to omit any shadows on the screen.. Well I am getting the Komotex in about 2-3 weeks from today and I will post some new Videos..
Posted By: f15sim

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/25/14 12:33 PM

Have you considered using 1/8" thick hardboard painted with Behr Silver Screen paint? You can get it at Home Depot. That's the stuff I used to cover the screen on the collimated display.

g.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/25/14 01:01 PM

Hi Gene,

Yes I have thought about using a sheet of MDF but it ONLY comes in lengths of 8' at HD.. I need a 1 Piece of material at about 4' x 12'..

I do like the idea of that paint tho.. I checked it out I could try and see if I can find a 1 Piece of MDF at 12'..

Your the guy who made that collimated display Correct?? IF so I was always wondering what it looked like IRL in action..

I also been following your Progress with the F15 pit Hopefully one day you get it finished would be fun to fly..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/25/14 01:15 PM

You may be able to order it from an actual lumber supplier, but you can use shorter lengths, just use drywall mud to cover the seam. You can feather it out so it won't even be visible after it's painted.

Yep, the collimated display is pretty cool. A friend in Colorado has built a 737 sized version I designed for him. It's 17 feet across. smile

I'll post an update on the F-15 in a new thread, I don't want to hijack yours. smile

g.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/26/14 01:55 AM

Yes I do have a Lumber yard that might be able to order a piece that big, do they have MDF in 1/8th" Thick?? I would imaging 1/4" would be hard to bend without Steam heat to bend it??

I would love if you have any links for your Friends 737 pit, I would love to see a video of that in action if you have a link Please share here is fine I don't mind people hijacking my threads as long as it is civil .. smile

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/26/14 03:42 PM

You'd want 1/8" hardboard, not MDF. It's hard and smooth on one side and rough on the other. Great stuff for the kind of radius you'd bend it to.

You can see Jack's progress on his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/737castle

g.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 06/11/14 12:53 AM

Well I ordered a few things today.. I had gotten some VGA Extender cables and a USB Extender cable with a USB Wall plate and gang plate for old installation.. So When that gets in I will get the USB Setup as that is for my TrackIR which is behind me and needed to be extended and a wire put into the wall..

I also ordered the Komatex which is what I am using for my screen.. I am planning on making the frame out of 2x4x8 pieces which should do just fine as this was the cheapest solution and by far the easiest..

I need to goto Home Depot to get the 2x4's maybe I'll do that tomorrow.. did not feel like doing it today as I wanted to get home and input my code for ESO..

Well I will take Pictures of the build Process before and after and some new videos of the new curved screen in action.. I am still deciding if I should paint the screen.. From what I can tell it really doesn't need to be painted but perhaps if I painted it grey it would look ok.. But the Komatex is White and should be Very Brite which is a bonus for a 3D Setup..

I will need to build the Frame once the Komatex arrives and move the Projectors back about a foot.. I will also need to cut the Proj. Mounts down so they are higher on the ceiling as to not cast any shadows..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 06/14/14 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Gene Buckle
You'd want 1/8" hardboard, not MDF. It's hard and smooth on one side and rough on the other. Great stuff for the kind of radius you'd bend it to.

You can see Jack's progress on his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/737castle

g.

ahh I see I have a new screen design laid out and will get to work on it tomorrow well at least take these 2x4's back and get some lattice boards and 2 4'x8' sheets of plywood..

I will be using the hardboard as a backer.. I am using Komatex for the screen..but I may not need a backer still planning it out..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 06/15/14 09:25 AM

Well I bought some lattic e strips got 4 pieces which I will cut in half to get 8 total.. I also had some particle board 4'x8' 2 sheets out in the shed I will look them over for warpage and see if they are anygood for use..

I also bought some screws and took back the 2x4's I bought.. I will need to wait for the VGA cables and Komatex screen to arrive.. I will get some pics when it comnes in also I should get some pics of the Lattice boards..

So hopefully sometime this week I will get all the parts in and start to work on my project.. I can do the modding of the Proj. Mounts I have now as I should do that as not to have too much to do when the other parts come in and I can spend more time Playing then building..

Will look into modding the Proj. mounts sometime today perhaps later as I am on a sleepless night well I had about 3 hours earlier but woke up and played some ESO until the server crashed frown..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 06/19/14 10:14 AM

Well I just undid the Cougar Force sensing mod I did.. I think If I would want to pursue a Force sensding stick to break down and buy the FSSB..

Whilst this one worked it was way to sensitive and I was not getting any feedback about what resistors to use to simulate more lbs. of pressure..

WEll back to a normal Cougar and the pots which are new by the way so it should be a bit better.. I was fighting the plane for control and just a breeze would go by and the plane would dip majorly well at least the slightest touch WAY to sensitive it had to go..

I am at an impass on the Screen the company I ordered it from said I should have received it by now.. Well I did not get any such package and the guy has not responded to me email for the 3rd day today will be 4.. I am going to call later this morning.. I think I have to wait until 12PM as they are out west.. Crud!!

WEll on a brighter side I did get my Cables and Wall plate.. Perhaps I should get that all squared away.. I could make the Stand for the screen but I am waiting for the screen material to size the screen size to make sure of my Radius..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 06/22/14 01:08 AM

Well I finally received the Bronze 13degree angle piece for the cougar.. I think I'll keep the one I modded in until it fails.. thing is I may not need this piece but good to have it just incase..

[u][/u]
I also bought the correct felt pads for the FSSB Mod I was in the midst of doing.. here they are hopefully it will work this time.. and I had cut into the 1 sensor when I was putting it back in yesterday but I need to order a new one and Ill retry the FSSB Mod again..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 06/27/14 12:48 PM

Well I have the Komatex in my possession. I just moved the Projectors back about a foot and cut down the mounds too raise them up so nobody bumps them..

I also am waiting until about 10am to go out and cut down the 4x8 sheets of plywood and then Ill bring it all inside and assemble it then fine tune the projectors positions and set my Curve with nThusim..

Since I moved the projectors back a foot I got a little bity more image now.. This is gonna be cool. here are the pics as it stands now..

I just need to put the wall plate for the USB cable I bought for the track IR.. I am going to mount that now and run the cable on a temporary basis until I charge the cordless drill..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 06/28/14 01:31 AM

well I just had a major setback.. the Komatex piece they sent me was 8' I ordered a 10' piece.. and it looks like I will not be able to call them until Monday.. crap..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 06/28/14 03:19 AM

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 06/28/14 12:03 PM

well I had a brain fart and decided to put the table in the center and use the current screen to at least be able to single screen game.. It looks really good on a curve I can not wait until I get the right screen as they sent me an 8' piece instead of the 10' I ordered..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 06/28/14 11:40 PM

as you can see in he one screenshot to the left where the Screen ends.. when I get that extra foot on either end I should be golden plus with edge blend it will fit perfectly in the screen.. This looks amazing now cant wait until I get the right screen size..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/06/14 07:31 PM

Wow looking awesome Neph!

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/07/14 02:51 AM

Hey Thnx Hitch.. I am just waiting for this long weekend to be over and get too Monday.. Hopefully the right size Komatex comes in Monday.. They sent the wrong size..

Did you get your new bulb, I was wondering if you did or not??

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/09/14 02:01 AM

some alignment pics still need to fine tune:

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/09/14 06:10 AM

Posted By: Beazil

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/09/14 09:39 PM

Nephilim, that setup is a thing of beauty. If ever I can afford to go triple monitors, I'd do it the way you've done it. I have a very similar setup as yours, but I run triple monitors instead.

Been following your threads for a long time now. Always a good read.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/10/14 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Beazil
Nephilim, that setup is a thing of beauty. If ever I can afford to go triple monitors, I'd do it the way you've done it. I have a very similar setup as yours, but I run triple monitors instead.

Been following your threads for a long time now. Always a good read.

Well thank You Beazil glad to know I have some followers out there and Im not just rambling on to myself on the forums.. Please feel free to gimme some input.. sometimes I don't get any responces and wonder if the audience is listening??

THNX wink

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/15/14 06:23 AM

Its not even like that Neph, I've been saying for years now that your setup is garbage and you should send it to me, I'll even let you pay the shipping!
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/16/14 12:23 AM

Hitch's generosity knows no end! wink

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/16/14 10:22 PM

Well too my surprise I went and looked out the front door and there was a package there.. I saw it was my Komatex but the happiness quickly went away as I seen all they did was wrap it with shrink wrap and shipped it.. well I unwrapped it and noticed huge bends and folds in the material which is supposed to be smooth as to be able to print on..

Well I called up Tri-Dee and complained and told them how they shipped it and hopefully 3 times is the charm..

here are some pics if you look you can see the creases not a happy camper but at least I can see the menus ingame now..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/18/14 12:20 AM

Wow those creases are really noticeable thru the pics I can only imagine what they look like in person. Now being a shipping and receiving manager its pretty shocking to see how companies ship out they're products.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/18/14 12:50 AM

Well I had temporarily fixed it by putting the 8' piece in fron of the 10' piec I know havd a mostly decent screen and more importantly I have ends so I can see the menus and comms in DCSW and TESO..

It was really bad with the creases and I am usually ok with the little things but looking at it with the creases was just awful..

I habe no Idea what that distrubtor was thinking sending it out in just shrink wrap..
Posted By: Azshal

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/18/14 08:29 PM

Nephilim:

Sorry if I missed it, but are you running only one video card that can output to 3 monitors? The 590GTX?

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/18/14 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: phd_doc
Nephilim:

Sorry if I missed it, but are you running only one video card that can output to 3 monitors? The 590GTX?

NP, Yes I use a 590GTX which is a Dual card in one.. I am waiting for Edge to come out and decide on some new video cards.. I am thinking 770GTX or maybe even 780GTX's??
Posted By: Azshal

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/18/14 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: The Nephilim
Originally Posted By: phd_doc
Nephilim:

NP, Yes I use a 590GTX which is a Dual card in one.. I am waiting for Edge to come out and decide on some new video cards.. I am thinking 770GTX or maybe even 780GTX's??

Are you running a MB with PCI 3.0 x16?

I am running a 2.0 x16 MB and don't know if I get a single card solution. I might have to upgrade my MB.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/19/14 12:09 AM

Well it is backwards compatible so if your MB has a 2.0 slot the new vid cards will still work just at the 2.0 speeds..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/22/14 04:22 PM

Little teaser video of tha almost complete curved screen

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/22/14 05:17 PM

Looking good Nephi. You are hired. Please feel free to stop by and set one of those up in my basement. smile

Setup gets better each time I see it.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/23/14 07:21 AM

Thnx Beazil,

If you really would wantto setup one I am more then willing to offer assistance on what I learned from this build. it was rather simple enough to build..

I think this will do rather nicely for some time to come.. I am glad I decided to go with a curved screen..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/27/14 01:12 PM

Thnx Beazil,

If you really would wantto setup one I am more then willing to offer assistance on what I learned from this build. it was rather simple enough to build..

I think this will do rather nicely for some time to come.. I am glad I decided to go with a curved screen..

Well I just requested a refund from Tri-Dee, I still cant believe after a month they could not get a single purchase corrected.. Not sure what business practices they have but I can't see how they stay in business if they can not get a simple order sent..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 08/20/14 03:36 PM

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 08/25/14 02:50 PM

Looks awesome Nephi. I see 5he new screen looks fantastic. No warping at the edges... looks perfect. How is it under 3d vision?

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 08/25/14 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Beazil
Looks awesome Nephi. I see 5he new screen looks fantastic. No warping at the edges... looks perfect. How is it under 3d vision?

Thank You Beazil, it looks amazing with 3D Vision when I play my flight sims it is so close to realsistic it does not feel much like a simulator but the actual thing except G Forces..

You would have to see it in Full affect to get the real picture the video only does it a bit of justice..

I would Highly recommend this type of setup to any gamer.. The Curved screen is just superior to the old Flat Screen setup I had on my previous incarnation..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 08/26/14 02:29 AM

Nice!

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/16/14 01:04 AM

WEll Guys having spent numerous hours flying and running around in Tamriel (Elder Scrolls World) I am looking to do a small update with some cool new device..

Now, I am unsure where I found the following device but I am beginning to take an interest in it highly:

http://www.ivibe.com/index.php?page=home

From what I gather something like this is highly desirable.. I did see another seat like this but it was 1200 USD I dont have that kind of disposable cash.. or if I did get it would take some time to save up..

But the iVibe Seat comes in under 250USD and is priced at the point I like.. Now I had emailed them to see if they still make this and if I can still purchase one..

I am looking for the next best thing to being there and I think this seat could be a good investment in my Virtual Simulator.. I was wondering if anybody has any known goodies I could add to my Current setup..

I have some Awesome Visuals with the Big Curved screen and NVidia 3d Vision sytem.. I am just looking for other cheaper solutions to addon for realism.. I am not too big on DIY but I am a capable mechanic in many fields.. I can do electrical/Hydraulic/ Pnuematic/ Welding-Aluminum & Steel// so I am well versed in many fields which is good for this hobby as I found out many times already..

But I like a all in one done for me solution.. and for those who mention I should build a real cockpit like a F16 or something I am not going to do that..YET!!

I am just looking for some sort of Tactile Feedback system currently and was wondering if you guys cam across anything in your Searches on Google or seen a cool device I might be interested in..

Here is what I have currently..

1. PC goodness
2. Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar
3. Thrustmaster Cougar MFD's
4. Track IR4
5. NVidia 3D Vision..

OK Guys looking for Feedback or the next cool thing to add to my setup..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/16/14 06:30 AM

Have you ever tried buttkicker? I've had one for years and its great. It can take some tweaking sometimes depending on the sim but feeling the plane and the gun is pretty neat. It really shined when I used to play a lot of Il2 with those WWII prop jobs!

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/16/14 07:14 PM

Have you ever tried buttkicker? I've had one for years and its great. It can take some tweaking sometimes depending on the sim but feeling the plane and the gun is pretty neat. It really shined when I used to play a lot of Il2 with those WWII prop jobs!

Yes I have tried it it was cool but I think a G-Seat is going to be more immersive from what the reviews say??

I was wondering if anybody has this or something similar or even a new gadget I could try.??

Well it appears that tactile seat company has ran into some legal problems so that is out.. I am trying to find something like this G-Seat:

http://simxperience.com/en-us/products/motionsimulatorkits/simxperiencegs-4g-seat.aspx

EDIT: Upon Further review I think I am going to try and get the Buttkicker Simulation

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/20/14 09:10 PM

Well I just pulled the trigger on the Buttkicker Simulation, I should get it by mid next week hopefully.. will keep you all posted..
Posted By: Attackmack

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/21/14 11:15 AM

Well I just pulled the trigger on the Buttkicker Simulation, I should get it by mid next week hopefully.. will keep you all posted..

Ive been interested in a buttkicker for a while now.
But whats the difference between the buttkicker Sim and the buttkicker gamer2?
Posted By: hannibal

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/21/14 07:02 PM

i am content with my buttkicker setup.
unlike simvibe, i dont have to worry about profiles and game compatability
im sure simvibe gives better immersion, but i am not going to spend that kind of money when it is going to work on 2-3 games.

i have a crown xls1500 pushing a buttkicker LFE and a dayton audio SA70 pushing an aura bass shaker.
my coworker was blown away when it came to taking off and landing in the DCS aircraft.

i think u will be a happy camper for the budget and results.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/21/14 07:07 PM

btw, what kind of ampliifer will u use for your buttkicker? i hear the buttkicker amps can be flaky.
but if u go with an amplifier of a different make, make sure u utilize a USB audio interface, which has RCA line level audio outputs... during my research, the PC line out audio levels are less that what would come out of a standard audio system (im yet to confirm with a fluke multimeter)

but in my setup, i have a Behringer UAC202 usb audio interface out to a crossover unit (for low pass) into a radio shack distribution amplifier (reduce signal loss) and out to the two amplifiers..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/22/14 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Attackmack

Ive been interested in a buttkicker for a while now.
But whats the difference between the buttkicker Sim and the buttkicker gamer2?

Well the Gamer2 Attaches to your chair pole mount and the Simulation you need to mount it on the chair somewhere and the Simulation has a bigger transducer..

Either is fine I just wanted a bigger Transducer.. I might even get the bigger Amp they offer..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/23/14 04:24 AM

The first generation amp was flaky mine burnt out after a couple years. To be fair they were going to replace it but I at the time I had a lot of things going on and let it go. Now I have the second generation BK and the amp is a definite improvement. I also had both transducers from the old/new units so I had one in my pit and the other mounted below my couch. Movies were freaking awesome with it.

Neph if you mount it to an office chair you'll probably want to pick up some foam chunks to stuff in the loose parts because it will rattle. Luckily for me my pit set up is pretty tight so its not a problem. Mounted mine to a pc of threaded pipe attached to a floor flange.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mueller-Strea...ed+floor+flange

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/23/14 01:45 PM

dont forget rubber isolators...

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/23/14 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: hannibal
dont forget rubber isolators...

for the chair?? I have a cement floor so I don't need them..

EDIT: there has been a slight delay in Production of the Simulation kit.. I just was emailed by Ricotech that the Simulation Buttkicker is on a 4-6week delay before they get any back in stock..

OH well Perhaps I can get the Watercooled system I been eying up last few months while I wait for the Buttkicker..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/24/14 05:04 PM

ok. np.
i dont know what the requirements of the simulation buttkicker,
but rubber isolators help maximize the performance of transducers by allowing flexibility of the pit to shake..
if not the pit on concrete will cause the buttkicker to 'bottom out'..possiblity damage ur transducer

i suggest u email the buttkicker tech support, send a picture to them, and have them give you a recommedation about your pit.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/24/14 06:54 PM

ok. np.
i dont know what the requirements of the simulation buttkicker,
but rubber isolators help maximize the performance of transducers by allowing flexibility of the pit to shake..
if not the pit on concrete will cause the buttkicker to 'bottom out'..possiblity damage ur transducer

i suggest u email the buttkicker tech support, send a picture to them, and have them give you a recommedation about your pit.

Yes I can email support but I have a Office Chair and it would be hard putting rubber isolaters on the wheels.. And If I did manage to do that the cahir would be stationary not sure I like that idea but I will see what Buttkicker has to say..

I do know they want you to isolate the seat or pit in order to maximize performance especially if on a Floor above a basement.. as it would tend to shake the entire floor and expend its energy doing that instead of the seat..

I think it will not bottom out because of that but if it bottomed out you put too many watts into it..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/24/14 07:30 PM

Well I just got off the phone with Buttkicker and I do not need Rubber isolaters.. But after talking with him I am inclined to think what I really want is the Drum Throne version..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/25/14 04:52 AM

ok. cool. im glad u sought consultation and got an answer that was satisfactory from professionals.

yea, that b-kicker throne would be over kill for an office chair...
but i would do it!!!
my LFE is comparable to the throne, the throne is at 2 ohms, where the LFE is 4 ohms...
Posted By: Attackmack

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/25/14 06:46 PM

Well I just got off the phone with Buttkicker and I do not need Rubber isolaters.. But after talking with him I am inclined to think what I really want is the Drum Throne version..

Thats a good salesman for ya wink

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/26/14 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Attackmack

Thats a good salesman for ya wink

Well he said I only need the Simulation but after looking at the Throne I was like wowed about the amount of Watts of the Amp..

IT seems I may not get the throne that is near 700bucks but get the Simulation with a bigger amp more watts.. the Simulation buttkicker can take 400watts and the Amp with the Simulation is only 90w..

So I may build a kit vs buying the kit.. that way I get the amp I want..

Well I do believe this is what I will get once they are back in Stock:

http://www.ricmotech.com/product_p/bkk-bk-kit-4-nw.htm

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/26/14 02:54 AM

They do have some nice kits. Once I thought of using my flange mounting method and bolting it to the floor in my room to see if it make the whole room shake, am I crazy? I don't think so....

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/27/14 12:39 AM

Well if you have the real big Transducers and multiples It would have a tough time shaking the room.. IT is best to used the Buttkicker as advertised..

Crazy maybe but that is ok we are all a little Off wink

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/15/15 03:01 PM

Well I went out the other day to Micro center and bought a eVGA 980GTX now I have 1 small problem the cars oil pump I think died and now I need to take the car to the repair shop and the card back to micor center to pay for the job..

I also had a bulb break the other night and am waiting for the new bulb to arrive which was shipped yesterday, I may get it Sat..

I really wanted to put in the new video card and test it out in ESO and DCSW Well will have to wait another month to get it back again.. It will be worth the wait and perhaps by then EDGE will be released..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/16/15 05:52 AM

Well back on track as I put the card in and had some troubles booting the PC but I finally solved the issues and wow the 980 is a monster.. I even like the DSR Feature it really imporves the lower resolution I run a lot...

I wish I would of tried upscaling years ago..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 02/13/15 01:41 AM

Well things are going good for me so fat this year with one little setback.. nThusim which is the Softweare I use to warp my games to the Curved screen has some issues now with DX9 titles and warping..

This is since I put in the new 980GTX And newer drivers.. I had bug report to nThusim and hopefully they can get this figured out soon.. I have a few DX 9 Titles I still play and 2 of them are my Flight sims DCSW and F4 BMS..

I just use single screen for those currently the only game I have that works is ESO as it is a DX11 Ttile weird DX9 used to be their goto games for nThusim to work..

Well I had bought a HOTAS Cougar with the NXT mod and I also ordered the Buttkicker Simulation which should be here by Sat.. I will hook it up and I need some hardware like bolts but need to wait to see what size I will need to get.

I am thinking they are 1/4" and the length needs to be determined.. I will hopefully get it early and need to goto the local hardware store to get the bolts.. I may need a new drill bit too.. I hate drilling through steel with a dull bit..

Well I also amd going to redo the FSSB Mod in my 2nd HOTAS and that will be for F4 BMS and the other stick I will use for my other sims..

I do fly the KA50 so a Regular functioning stick is required and this uber mod is pretty cool so far.. I have some backup springs but will see IF I can find some more elsewhere..

I am hoping the Buttkicker Simulator works well.. I did have a Butkicker Gamer and sold it wish I never did that.. but I did like it before so this should be a treat again..

Just need to get some time to solder the FSSB Sensor I got in the mail today and hook that all up.. I just need to find my Double sided tape and 4 Pennies..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 02/16/15 01:40 AM

Well I am just going to buy the FSSB mod from Realsimulators expensive yes but I already spent more trying to get the cheapo FSSB Mod to work.. Hopefully the FSSB Mod is a good quality..

I also hooked up my Buttkicker Simulation.. I may need to screw it directly to the wood of the seat bottom.. I get some vibration but not as much as the gamer I used to have or around the same but a bit less I think because of the Mod I did to my chair with 1/4" Steel plates..

I think If I screw it to the wooden part with LAG screws I wil get a bett buttkickin.. Either that or I may order a bigger amp..

Other then that I will need to try and find a sound mod for the F16 and BMS.. I tried it but it seems to lack bottom end of which I had noticed before and metioned it but it gets me nowhere.. hopefully I can find an engine sound replacement..

I think I have one from an old friend from years ago I will go and look and see If I still got it..

Well countdown begins for the NEW FSSB Mod I am looking forward to that..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 02/16/15 08:41 AM

Well I found a Sound mod by my old buddy Hammer.. I installed and ran it tonight in Multiplayer. I will need to look closer at what files were added to the sounds files..

I just installed the original uber mod that I got with my stick so I was just curious to how it worked . I almost like it better then the uber nxt but both are really nice mods..

I am debating on what to do with it..as Once I get the FSSB Mod from RealSimulator I will not need it and I have the original gimbals that I took out to install the original uber mod..

Man I have a very nice setup now with the Uber nxt mod with my Buttkicker.. I just need to give nThusim a boost to get the 4.0 released with hopefully the fix for Dx9 titles and warping working..

Weird as DX9 used to be the mainstay of what did work with nThusim.. Sucks NVidia changed something for the worse.. I was even getting really bad artifacting in the TGP tonight with the newer drivers.. Man it was worse then before..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/10/15 08:37 PM

Well moving Forward I bought a Bosch Laser Level and Configured my screen to perfection.. I can not believe how bad the alignment was.. I am going to have to move the Projectors up a bit as now the lower right is in shade for somereason..

I am a firm believer in being as close to perfection as I can get and this Auto Leveler has done a really good job.. I was thinking of doing this for sometime I am glad I went ahead and bought the Laser level..

The good thing is it has a insert to be able to attatch to my Mike stand so I have a solid base and the auto level feature makes it a perfectly straight line..

I can not wait until I try a flight sim now with the new correction..

here is the model I bought:

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=GLL 2

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/11/15 11:44 PM

Well moving Forward I bought a Bosch Laser Level and Configured my screen to perfection.. I can not believe how bad the alignment was.. I am going to have to move the Projectors up a bit as now the lower right is in shade for somereason..

I am a firm believer in being as close to perfection as I can get and this Auto Leveler has done a really good job.. I was thinking of doing this for sometime I am glad I went ahead and bought the Laser level..

The good thing is it has a insert to be able to attatch to my Mike stand so I have a solid base and the auto level feature makes it a perfectly straight line..

I can not wait until I try a flight sim now with the new correction..

here is the model I bought:

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=GLL 2

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/17/15 11:55 PM

Well after going through some thought I decided to put a coat of paint on the screen. I found a few posts and they all pointed to Behrs Silver screen paint in Matte finish..

Well first coat is on and will take a hour to fully dry and half and hour before I put on the 2md coat.. it is preety wet still and reflective but I think it will make a small improvement vs the white PVC coat..

I can wait till it dries and the 2nd coat is done.. Hopefully this will cure my Blending problems...

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/18/15 02:23 PM

I used a Behr Sliver Screen in Satin for the projection surface we used in the collimated display project. It's a very nice surface.

g.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/18/15 10:51 PM

Here are some screenshots of my desktop and a Configuration screen:

here is the paint I used incase anyone is interested:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/BEHR-Premium-...05001/204895422

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/19/15 04:24 AM

This thread is pure pr0n. ... someday....

tyvm again Nephalim.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/19/15 04:56 AM

Geez, Neph! This explains A LOT! winkngrin
Sorry to miss Falcon this week - but happy to go to the Coast however briefly.

Eugene

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/21/15 12:13 AM

As always wow! Been thinking about building a screen, I have a pretty large pull down projection screen which is great for overhead projectors and power point presentations but having a purpose built screen has gotten me thinking lately.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/21/15 01:48 AM

As always wow! Been thinking about building a screen, I have a pretty large pull down projection screen which is great for overhead projectors and power point presentations but having a purpose built screen has gotten me thinking lately.

Well good thing I can point you to a great website for building a DIY Screen. I am getting pretty good results with the Behr Silver screen paint which seems to be a hot itme for DIY screens..

Let me know if you want to build a DIY Screen I can offer some assistance in the process..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/22/15 08:03 AM

Well I just seen a New Direction in this ever evolving Simulator setup.. I am looking to do something similar like this with FishEye lenses. now I need to do a ton of research and save my pennies but who knows maybe in a few years I can save enough to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P04O6snbWI

Does anybody have any experience with fisheye lenses and such??

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/22/15 09:38 PM

Thats awesome just needs more coverage for the being able to look up.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/28/15 08:02 PM

A shot in the dark but does anybody here have a Titan or live near Simpits?? I was wondering what they use to get view like I am in the cockpit with the sides around me.. here is the video incase you missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P04O6snbWI

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/30/15 01:29 PM

Well Jumping ahead I am quicky reverting from the above Titan screen to a Collimated Display like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq30JMknmpg

Oh F15sim, I could use some more in depth details on a How too.. I am so wanting to build one of these displays now..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/30/15 05:33 PM

Unfortunately, the patent for the curved bits at either end of the mirror cell don't expire until 2017.

g.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 03/30/15 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: f15sim
Unfortunately, the patent for the curved bits at either end of the mirror cell don't expire until 2017.

g.

What bits are they?? I am guessing this means I can not build one, well that really stinks frown

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/01/15 04:17 PM

It's the curved "ears" at each end of the mirror cell.

g.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/02/15 05:36 AM

Well ok I guess it will be on hold for now anyhow for other reasons..

The biggest drawback for me is going to be the shopvac and all the noise it makes.. I was wondering is there any other solution to dra down the screen??

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/02/15 04:10 PM

The shopvac makes barely any noise at all when you use a speed controller instead of a bypass gate. You can also use a much smaller vacuum than we used. A small, portable shopvac does a great job.

g.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/03/15 02:00 AM

Yes I seen the video of the device you guys made very neat. But IF I am unable to build that device or you if you could so kindly send me some detailed schematics of it I guess I would need to find another way to control the shop vac..

A lot of questions have risen up and I am unsure where to turn for help with designing and building this Screen.. Are you able to help me??

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/03/15 03:40 PM

Wayne developed the circuit that uses an IR sensor to detect the position of the mylar. That in turn connects to an Arduino Uno that controls the servo used for the speed controller.

Unless you know exactly what you're doing with regard to the design of the mirror cell and screen, there's no point in worrying about how to control the vacuum. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I'd rather not work on any external collimated display projects until after that patent expires. Rockwell-Collins could turn me into a smoking hole in the ground just by filing a suit. They wouldn't even have to win it. frown

g.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/04/15 02:21 AM

Hey Man, I understand totally and do not think you are being a jerk.. I guess I will go it alone.. I am very resourceful, I will do some research..
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/04/15 02:48 PM

Well good thing I can point you to a great website for building a DIY Screen. I am getting pretty good results with the Behr Silver screen paint which seems to be a hot itme for DIY screens..

Let me know if you want to build a DIY Screen I can offer some assistance in the process..

I'm in for a link to said website smile

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/04/15 11:10 PM

Well the link was to AVS Science forums where they have a DIY Screen section. But It is relatively easy to build most types of screens and if you need to paint it Behrs Silver Screen paint is an excellent choice..

ABlue what kind of screen do you want to build??

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/110-diy-screen-section/

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/05/15 12:32 AM

Good luck!

g.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/05/15 10:59 PM

Well I did find a company that makes collimated screens and I am in contact with the guy there and I am asking for a price for my setup.. I am thinking if it is way too much I could buy an acrylic curved mirror for my application of which I seen a few sites that make such mirrors..

I may do part DIY and parts supplied from said companies.. All I need really is the mirror the rest I can source around the net.. this is looking good so far until I find the price of a curved mirror..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/07/15 12:31 AM

Good luck!

g.

Well the more I read I am inclined to think this will not be a good display for fast jets like the F15C.. I am wondering what is your take on this, Do you think it would be a good display for a F15c styled jet plane or more based for airliners and such??

I am happy with what I currently have and would like to get a Titan based like solution but the Collimated display has me wondering??

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/07/15 01:52 AM

i say wait for windows 10 and dcs world 2.0 to see any improved performance for the PC. running such a high res with things turn off along with low FPS is such a debbie downer

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/07/15 02:59 AM

i say wait for windows 10 and dcs world 2.0 to see any improved performance for the PC. running such a high res with things turn off along with low FPS is such a debbie downer

Hi Hanniball but I think you missed what Titan I am talking about it is not the GPU wink

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/07/15 04:32 PM

You're not going to be able to build a mirror cell using mirrored acrylic. Won't work. smile

Collimated displays are THE display to use if you're a truck driver. (7x7, etc.) If you're flying something with a bubble canopy, don't bother. It can't do what you need.

There's only two real solutions for a "great" bubble canopy experience. Use a VR headset (DK2) or build yourself a six projector display cube.

Flim over on the DCS forums has built a cube for use with his A-10 cockpit. As long as you design your cockpit to place your head at the geometric center of the cube, I've been told the results are phenomenal.

I'm still on the fence of what my final visual system is going to be for the F-15. I've got a DK2 and it's the cat's ass for air combat, but you can't see any of your controls or avionics displays.

The most space & cost effective solution will likely come in an AR system that uses chroma keying to map the virtual area around the physical.

g.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/08/15 11:02 PM

You're not going to be able to build a mirror cell using mirrored acrylic. Won't work. smile

Collimated displays are THE display to use if you're a truck driver. (7x7, etc.) If you're flying something with a bubble canopy, don't bother. It can't do what you need.

There's only two real solutions for a "great" bubble canopy experience. Use a VR headset (DK2) or build yourself a six projector display cube.

Flim over on the DCS forums has built a cube for use with his A-10 cockpit. As long as you design your cockpit to place your head at the geometric center of the cube, I've been told the results are phenomenal.

I'm still on the fence of what my final visual system is going to be for the F-15. I've got a DK2 and it's the cat's ass for air combat, but you can't see any of your controls or avionics displays.

The most space & cost effective solution will likely come in an AR system that uses chroma keying to map the virtual area around the physical.

g.

While I was looking around at Flims setup the only problem with that setup it will probally only work with DCSW and maybe F4BMS.. I need a more universal solution as I enjoy the occasional MMO type game like ESo and Aion..

I am unsure what exactly it will not do the collimated display and why would a truck driver use one?? I think a collimated display would be great for many reasons especially if I can get it close to the way my Current Curved screen is size wise..

I am in Contact with Doti who makes Optics and Collimated displays.. I am hoping I can at least source the mirrors and the rest I will be able to make myself with the help of Doti..

I am imagining the mirrors to be very spendy but maybe they just want to be rid of the ones they have lying around from customers who ordered mirrors and never went through with the purchase so just maybe I can score a great deal I do know a Collimated display is VERY Expensive but hey as poor guys need a break to get in with a real screen wink

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/10/15 02:09 PM

By "truck driver" I was referring to pax jets like the 737, etc. smile Basically, collimated displays are only good for cockpit environments where you've got a lot of structure that restricts your vertical field of view. That's why they're no good for bubble canopy aircraft like fighters or kitplanes like the RV series. A display like I built is great for cars too.

You need to understand that there are really no "mirrors" to buy. The mirror cell is made by using a vacuum to pull a Mylar sheet into the correct shape. There is no other way to build this type of collimated display. The only real mirrors I used were first surface mirrors that were needed to "fold" the projector output in order to increase the light path distance from the projectors to the solid screen they were projecting against.

g.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/29/15 06:42 AM

Hi F15, Yes I am aware the Collimated setup you made uses mylar and a vacuum to pull it tight.. I was looking to buy some collimated mirrors but they are way to costly for my poor self.. Doti had 3 mirrors at 1900USD a pop I needed all 3 so way to much for my blood..

I may just wait a while and see if you offer some help if the patetented pieces you use do not get repatented so we can freely use them.. WEll for now I will enjoy my curved screen and play Arma2 as I have found a trick to get the Warp to work properly in Arma2 looked good tonight playing Arma with the correct warping..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 05/19/15 08:04 PM

Well I had a bulb Burn out and it popped. Well I ordered what I thought would be good bulbs turns out they are cheap replacement bulbs probally with the filament rteplaced and neither of the 2 worked..

Now I should have taken some of my own advice and never buy the cheaper Bulbs.. Usually a decent bulb is in the hundred dollar range and these where half that well turns out not a wise investment and I have to send all 3 back..

I should have stuck with my trusted Stores on Ebay for Lamps and there are 2 "Lampedia" and "ApexLamps"..

So if anybody needs a bulb either of those two have decent quality bulbs..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 05/20/15 04:35 AM

Yeah I'm super happy I managed to find an OEM bulb around a $100 on ebay. Will definitely go that route again.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/02/15 07:34 PM

Hey all,

I had a malfunction last night and thought a dustball was in the lens.. So I tore it apart to find out one of the lens' got fried.. I am unsure how it happened as it was the furthest from the bulb and most of the heat but maybe because of a fingerprint or something??

I saw the replacement part on ebay but I found the entire housing for abot 20 bucks more. so I am going to by the Optical Engine module and just assemble the DMD Chip and color wheel back to the Module.. I sure wish I knew what made the Lens get burnt here are some pics..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/04/15 11:39 PM

Hitch Found a GREAT new source for bulbs check it out:

http://www.jaspertronics.com/

I have several bulb links but this guy has the good prices..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/06/15 07:47 AM

Well I had went to HTS to post a thread and found at sticky with links to places that fix electronic devices and sell parts.. I put out a few emails and shall see if they reply with the part I need..

The One I found on ebay looks to be a lower quality lens, I would love to find a glass replacement.. they should never of went from glass to plastic as this seems to be a common occurance with these DLP PRojectors.. frown

IT is 4am here maybe I'll goto bed and when I wake up I can give them a call..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/08/15 10:57 PM

Well the One company never returned my email. I ended up buying the lens from EBay hopefully I get it back together and working good..

The Only problem I see arising is the light tunnel and if I installed it correctly.. I should have taken a Picture before disassembling it.. And come to find out I did not need to take the light tunnel off the module. Duh!!

I think it will work going to look at the service manual again and see if I can tell it's orientation in the Module.. Wish me luck..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/10/15 02:40 AM

Wow that burnt out lens is incredible, wonder what caused that! You're setup makes me glad I have a one proj. setup, can't imagine multiplying the work involved by three!

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/10/15 03:55 AM

Wow that burnt out lens is incredible, wonder what caused that! You're makes me glad I have a one proj. setup, can't imagine multiplying the work involved by three!

Well when I Google searched 1 site said the manufacturers have no idea why this happens but they probally know and the fix would probally be too make these lens' out of glass vs plastic counterparts..

Cheaper for them more aggravating for us end users.. I am just glad DLP Projectors are not to hard to fix wink

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/15/15 12:08 AM

Well I received the part this afternoon. I reassembled it and when I fired it up there was a off spot on the top, I might have to adjust the lens when I install it to seat right..

I am going to take it aprt tomorrow as it will take some time to cool off.. Hopefully I will get the seating correct and get it right the 2nd time..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/15/15 11:35 AM

Well after the surgery this early morning I rectified the issue and I am back at 100% Operation capability..

Glad I was able to fix this on the cheap..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/15/15 01:24 PM

Good job. Now, back to enjoying the fruits of your labor! smile

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/16/15 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: CyBerkut
Good job. Now, back to enjoying the fruits of your labor! smile

Yes, I did learn a valuable lesson that is to take pictures of these things during taking it apart.. as to see the placement as my memory is not what it used to be wink

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 07/31/15 09:49 PM

Well I did try and jump on the early band wagon that is Win 10, but it did not turn out so good.. But I did get a weird little occurance in my games. now the Colors seem more rich and Vibrant for some odd reason..

I was playing Star Wars and noticed the colors did not seem faded and dull but rich and vibrant I was totally shocked and am curious to why after a reinstall of Windows and the same drivers my colors ingame seem more alive??

Very curious indeed, I noticed the colors where off last time before installing Win 10. But when I installed SW but just thought it was my Warping Software causing the issues but I don't think it was.. The Desktop colors seem the same just ingame so far the colors are very vibrant it is almost like I got a new monitor from a Black and white one..

I am going to check DCSW and F4 BMS and see if those colors seem better too.. I hope so that would be great or maybe it was just the game but LOTRO seems more colorfull too.. Weird..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 08/29/15 08:20 AM

Well I had a Minor malfunction of my Flight Chair.. It had broke where I welded it.. Well as I thought but did not want to fix it properly when I did the initial fix.. but this time I am going to rectify that problem and weld it up solid this time..

What I did was just use the original tube the chair sat on and it had a thinner 1/8th" Wall really not too good to weld too and the fact that inside that was some plastic goo that seemed to have melted into the weld causing not such a permanent bond..

WEll this time I am going to sleeve the center pedestal with I am thinking 1/4" thick with an ID of 2" length 3.5".. I am just going to sleeve it and then weld the main part of the chair to the sleeved section.. I am thinking of renting a 220V Stick welder and get it done right vs using my 110v mig welder..

here are some pics of it in its current condition..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 08/29/15 11:59 PM

Well Early this morning I went to the Steel shop to get a Schedule 40 Pipe. I needed 4" but it was cheaper to buy a foot of it in the bargain bin.. You pay buy the pound for some steel..

I had to goto the Storage shed to get the welder and other gear but I could not find the Reciprocating saw or Grinder.. So I found a Hacksaw and becn grinder which did the trick nicely. Alto it took me near an Hour to hack through the pipe..

I cleaned the guts out of the stem on the seat where the hydraulic function was and took out the plastic on the inside so when I welded it I got a good bead. I had to scrape off some of the paint from the previous fix on the plate..

I then hooked up the Mig Welder to the Generator and grinded down the round stem where the previous bead was and the schedule 40 fir like a glove.. I then welded the iner piece to the schedule 40 piece and it was althe way to the bottom so it was just a holding bead not so much a structural weld..

I then welded the Schedule 40 to the Flat plate and did 2 passes.. I cranked it up for all it was worth and I did get some decent penetration this time.. Other then the piece on the inside failing I don't see this breaking this time as this is how I should have fixed it in the first place..

I then let it cool off and Primed and painted it, then let it finish fumigating outside and let the paint dry.. I went and had dinner and did a few things then brought the piece downstairs and hooked it back up to the chair and it seems like a good fix.. I don't feel crooked and I also adjusted the legs spacing to my liking as to not get in the way of my feet I offset it a bit ..

here are some pics and I am glad I am done this. it was rather hot today and Im finished for now going to go play some games or something I guess and I am sitting in the chair as I typed this up..

On a Side not I managed to get my Overclock back to 4.5ghz on my I5 3570K @1.31v.. runs pretty hot but it is designed too so should not be a problem.. I am seriously considering a Water loop for the CPU Only..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/12/15 12:23 PM

Well the Chair has not Broke yet hehe!! but Whilst I wait for the chair to break again I went out and bought sone memory I know have 16GB of that and I also added another 980 GTX in the mix in hopes of DCS 1.5.. wink

Well so far it seems to be working ok but the main reason was for DCSW 1.5 and the hopes they do utilize multi GPU;s well enough to justify 2 cards...

I will have to do some testing but I did finally manage to get a SLI Bridge at a local PC store thank god they had 1.. I do need to get a better power cable for the 2nd video card as I am running of 1 split tooo two..

I thought the adapter I bought was going to fit into the PSU not on a cable coming out of it.. but so far it has been ok but I have not really ran through some gaming time to be sure..

I could run Furmark and see how that goes.. but so far the coolness factor of my rig just went up wink

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/28/15 10:04 PM

Well I had a small malfunction this morning.. I was sitting here looking on the web when I hear d a pop and pieces came fliying out and I hear a really bad noise I was instantly up and turning the projector off..

I took it down and began the operation immediately. upon opening it I seen some parts and it looked like the bulb so I pulled the bulb out that looked fine.. so I opened the case up and looked at the color whell it was destroyed..

I am unsure how it malfunctioned but it was quick and nothing I could do.. So I put some stuff up on ebay and hopefully I can get enough to but the new wheel..

here is a pick of the broken color wheel:

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 09/30/15 11:16 PM

Well having a run of bad luck this week. my 1st 980gtx card just died.. it is being recognized in windows it just don't work when I run MSI Kombuster it registers 0% usage.. it is not the slot cause I have a 2nd card and it is in there now and it works fine so it definitely must be the card that is kaput
Posted By: Wizard43

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 10/01/15 03:16 PM

You are having a rough week. I'll cross my fingers for you that the bad things don't come in threes.

Wizard

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 10/01/15 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Wizard43
You are having a rough week. I'll cross my fingers for you that the bad things don't come in threes.

Wizard

Well I am not complaining but it was kinda some bad luck the video card as it just died like that.. I kept getting errors like a TDR error but the computer would not generate a crash log.. it was a bit confusing to what was going on but it was all clear when I ran MSI Kombuster and saw the 0% on the 1st video card I knew then it was broke..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 10/12/15 12:07 AM

Well luck shines my way yet agin.. I am having issues with the center lens on my Projector.. IT has a dark spot and that would explain the smell I smelt last night whilst gaming.. I am unsure how much longer it will last but I am glad I am getting some money on Tuesday wink

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 10/13/15 02:24 AM

Well I found out what might be going on.. I posted a thread over at fixyourDLP.com and the guy there mentions they have 2 different types of bulbs an E22 and a P22. well the E22 is more a direct ray light and the P22 is more non direct to any 1 point..

The P22 are parbolic.. So I think the guy I been buying off has the E22 instead of the correct P22's.. So I found a new comaopny I will call tomorrow to find out which of the 3 bulb choices they have are the P22 types.. hopefully the 45 dollar barre bulbs are good for my Projectors and the P22 type..

I am glad I solved this =or at least I think I have we will find out when I fix the 2nd projector and install the new bulbs.. I am going to recycle these old ones as they are no good now..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 10/16/15 02:49 AM

I had made a decision to build a new PC chair for my simulator as this one is getting really uncomfortable.. So I decided to use a car seat this time..

I went to the junkyard early this morning and bought a seat. I believe it was from a PT Cruiser not sure the year.. but all in all it just had a small tear in it which don't bother me too much I could always get a seat cover.. wink

I bought a base and with some welding about I can mount the car seat to the chair base and have a really comfortable PC Chair.. I spend a lot of time just sitting here and my butt gets sore form the current chair..

I will have to wait a few days to get the base delivered to my house but I don't think it will take too long.. I had also vacumed the chair and cleaned it off with some cleaner and hot water. then I let it sun/air dry outside all day..

I did not get any after shots of the cleaned up chair perhaps tomorrow I'll take some more shots of it.. all in all it doesn't look to bad..

Brushed Aluminum Chair Base

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 10/17/15 01:45 PM

here is the seat after it has been vacummed and cleaned off.. looks much better and darker irl tho??

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 10/24/15 11:40 PM

here is the almost finished product. I need to lower a few inches as it is too high as it stands.. but seems stable..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 10/25/15 12:46 AM

That came together nicely! thumbsup

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 10/25/15 04:36 PM

Looks great Nephalim!

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 10/26/15 01:27 AM

thank you guys.. I did lower it 3" it is now perefect.. I replasced the steel with a 3/4" piece of wood..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 12/26/15 03:32 AM

Well this Christmas day I am thankfull.. I did learn a valuable lesson tho when using Display port stuff, use a Certfied Display stuff as the port adapter I bought was a junky one and now does not work.. I found a list here:

http://www.displayport.org/products-database/

So I would double check those Displayport cables and such and see if they where tested by DP... I will never buy another adapter for DP unless it is certified..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/12/16 07:10 PM

from my experiences of working with office chairs, i have found them way too high for pedals. im in the process of raising my pedals high so that my legs are more straight without having to have pressure on my hamstrings to reach my foot onto the pedals.

QUESTION, HOW HIGH IS THE HEIGHT OF THE BASE OF THE PEDALS TO THE TOP OF THE SEAT CUSHION OF WHICH YOU SIT ON In most FIGHTER JETS?

when i see some playseat setups, or F1 cockpits, the pedals are almost at equal height, i think i saw a blueprint of the a cessna having the height of 10" between, where as my office chair is a whopping 18" from the top of the seat cushion to the ground...

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/13/16 07:32 PM

Well I was thinking of getting a new soundcard specifically the SB Z. I was wondering if it woulkd be a real improvement over the Xi Fi I have now??

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/16/16 03:26 AM

Well I ought it anyhow will see how it sounds soon..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 01/21/16 01:55 AM

Well after initial Listening of the SoundBlaster Z it is definitely an improvement over the XiFi.. I=and definitely light years ahead of the Onboard sound..

I would Highly Recommend to anybody.. IF you like good sounds this does it pretty well usually I am not too impressed with Soundcards but this does sound a lot better then the XiFi..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/02/16 09:32 PM

hey all,

Benn a while since I updated so here is the latest news.. I had a color wheel break it flew apart into a bunch of pieces of which I am waiting for its replacement..

Yesterday my PSU Died.. It booted fine in the morning then later that noght nothing just dead frown

My Dad bought me a replacement of which I have to payback but that is not a problem..

I also bought a new thermaltake lighted keyboard that has its own processor for the light show on my keys.. it is pretty cool.. other then that I had to reinstasll windows twice in the last month for some weird things like some company using my pc for there real time dstock updates which was killing my pc..

I just reinstalled after I reinstalled earlier in the month.. I was not even looking at any pron sites and I caught something damn internet..
Posted By: Allaire

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/03/16 02:24 PM

Sounds like you still have some gremlins hanging around Neph.

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/03/16 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Allaire
Sounds like you still have some gremlins hanging around Neph.

Well I would said I had some gremlins but no longer are around I killed them all.. I am just waiting for my color wheel to come in as it should be sent out by mid week.. hopefully soon it will be here and I can put this projector back and and bask in all triplescreen glory..

the new PSU seems to be working ok I am going to try stress testing it and see what happens..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 04/09/16 12:52 AM

Well the stress test went perfect. I did both the CPU (Intel Burn Test) and GPU W/MSI Kombuster.. the color wheel went in easy had no issues this time on installation..

Looks great I also just defragged my HDD and it should be smooth sailing for a while wink

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 06/04/16 09:35 PM

Well more parts breaking yet again. I had another color wheel disintegrate this morning.. I had contacted Acer this time to see if they have the color wheel available for purchase..

I also posted a thread in Geforce Forums to see if there are any new DLP Projectors I can buy for 3D Vision that run 1280x720 x2.. I am only going to get 2 the expensive nature of having 3 is starting to show.. I figure 2 would be more manageable and since NVidia surround can be used with 2 projectos now I figured I would cut back..

But since I am trying to get an ultra short throwe I should still fil up most of my screen like an Icarus Avenger from Sinpit.. they use only 2 Proj. maybe I should contact them and ask which Projectors they are using..

For now I am using 1 projector and looking more closely at this Projecto it seems the DLP Chip mirrors are getting stuck I see about 10 stuck mirrors hardly noticeable but still there and will need to be replaced soon tho, If I plan on keeping 3 of these..

maybe I'll try an experiment with 2 of my Projectors to make sure it will work with 2 Proj. in Surround 3D..

Re: Nephilims Virtual Simulator Video.. - 06/09/16 01:39 AM

Thats a terrible idea and probably won't work at all once you fix your proj just send everything to me! rofl
© 2024 SimHQ Forums