homepage

Track Clip Pro modification

Posted By: specialksl

Track Clip Pro modification - 04/29/19 07:06 PM

I bought a set of wireless headphones for my simpit. They work great. No cord so I can move around without being tied to the cord. I was using Track IR and the hat clip sensors but they wouldn't work very well with my pit. I purchased the Track Clip Pro which worked great with my setup and much better then the hat clip. Only problem is now I was attached again by a cord which became a pain. So I devised a system that I could make my Clip wireless. I bought a AAA battery holder which also had a built in switch. I shortened the Track Clip cord. I used the extra Female USB end that came attached to the Track Clip cord and wired it to the battery holder. I plugged in the Track Clip Pro and it works GREAT. No longer am I attached by a cord!

Attached picture TrackIR Mod 1.jpg
Attached picture TrackIR Mod 2.jpg
Attached picture TrackIR Mod 3.jpg
Attached picture TrackIR Mod 4.jpg
Attached picture TrackIR Mod 5.jpg
Attached picture TrackIR Mod 6.jpg
Attached picture TrackIR Mod 7.jpg
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: Track Clip Pro modification - 04/29/19 09:03 PM

A nice bit of engineering, not sure if you were aware of this though?

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...less-trackclip-pro-alternati#Post4471752

It works really well can be mounted to headset with a small bit of velcro and is USB rechargeable.
Posted By: luperciohungarys

Re: Track Clip Pro modification - 10/13/22 03:23 AM

Nice gear and the design is very cool. I also want to get my first wireless gear even though there still are some doubts. The first one is that there might be interferences between Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Secondly, there is some delay when transmitting sound through Bluetooth. It’s fine when listening to music, but it might be problematic in games, especially online ones.
I might use this gear from productz.com because it can be connected both through Bluetooth and AUX cable, and I might choose the option I need at the moment. It’s the perfect option for someone who spends more than 5 hours a day working remotely.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums