homepage

Oculus Rift - Large Price Drop

Posted By: dburne

Oculus Rift - Large Price Drop - 03/03/17 02:59 PM

Oculus announced a large price drop this week on both the Rift and the Touch Controllers.
Each dropped by 100.00 USD, a very nice price reduction.

So if anyone has been on the fence, the price is certainly more appealing now.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Oculus Rift - Large Price Drop - 03/03/17 03:54 PM

Hmm. While that is true, and it may help spur sales, it is also an indicator that their sales are not what they expected. You don't drop the price when you're selling out. smile

The Jedi Master
Posted By: - Ice

Re: Oculus Rift - Large Price Drop - 03/03/17 04:55 PM

Loved the touch controllers... the headset, not very much.
Posted By: Mark Aisthorpe

Re: Oculus Rift - Large Price Drop - 03/03/17 06:35 PM

Apparently is because they've managed to cut manufacturing cost down, Must have been by a hell of a lot.

I'm a bit bummed as I paid full wack for both and got a 3rd sensor too frown
Oh well thats the cost of early adoption I guess.
On the bright side Robo Recall has been released on the Oculus store FREE to Touch owners. I havnt tried it yet but it looks fun.
Posted By: dburne

Re: Oculus Rift - Large Price Drop - 03/03/17 09:52 PM

Yes Robo Recall appears to be top notch and the graphics are really nice.
I have just gone through some of the training and think I am going to like it very much.
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: Oculus Rift - Large Price Drop - 03/04/17 03:46 PM

Worth paying £99 for the controllers? I didn't think they were worth the money before the price reduction but could be tempted
Posted By: Mark Aisthorpe

Re: Oculus Rift - Large Price Drop - 03/04/17 05:39 PM

The controllers are very nice but you really need a third sensor to get the most out of them.
Posted By: kestrel79

Re: Oculus Rift - Large Price Drop - 03/08/17 03:31 PM

How many wires does the Oculus need plugged into your PC when using it? I'm worried I may not have enough USB ports with all my flight sim/racing sim stuff already hooked up along with needing 2-3 USB ports for Oculus stuff.

Maybe if I rebuild my PC I'll pick one up...but I'm still planning on waiting for the 2nd gen stuff.
Posted By: Paradaz

Re: Oculus Rift - Large Price Drop - 03/08/17 07:34 PM

Rift Headset has 1 x HDMI (v1.4) and 1 x USB 3.0 connector

Sensor has 1 x USB....they recommend connecting to a 3.0 port however many are using it with a 2.0 port

If you want to use the wireless gamepad (XOne controller), then you'll need another spare USB port for the dongle (USB 2.0)
Posted By: jskibo

Re: Oculus Rift - Large Price Drop - 03/09/17 07:28 PM

Picked one up last night to pair with my new Alienware laptop. I was fully expecting to return it in a week, but I'm impressed.

Hell no is this one going back and I have't begun to dig deep into my library. Picked up VorpX today to add VR to a few titles not VR native. Only wish I could play ARMA 3 without turning off battleye.

The cams work perfectly fine with USB 2.0
© 2024 SimHQ Forums