homepage

CPU & GPU Overclocking help

Posted By: Phoenix

CPU & GPU Overclocking help - 08/14/13 06:33 AM

Hey,

I have an i5 3570k and an intel 660ti. I'm very outdated on the art of overclocking. I can find a guide myself, but are there any general pointers and warnings I should know? I've heard that it's unsafe to adjust the base clock. I can see how it could quickly make the board unstable, but don't understand "unsafe." Could just be tech boy drama...could someone enlighten me?

Also, I hear the 660ti doesn't support volt modding -- Nvidia's way of making us buy more. If the old bios flashing tools are still around, can volt increases be unlocked?
Posted By: The Nephilim

Re: CPU & GPU Overclocking help - 08/14/13 08:40 AM

Well with the "K" Version all you need to do basically is increase the Multiplyer.. and If you increase the voltage for the cpu do it manually and not Auto as that usually increases the voltage too much..

On my 3570K I have a MP of 45 set and 1.25v, your milage may vary it is usually trial and error til you find a stable setting.. Don't forget to test for Stability you cand use intel burn test run it like 10 times at mac RAM then see if it is stable.. IF you get a BSOD you may need to set the voltage to a stable setting..

Go here you may find a guide or 2 and these guys are knowledgable about OC'ng:

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/

AS for the Vid card I would not bother the results are negligible to warrant OC a vid card.. the 660ti is good if you want more vid power you can but when I did my 480';s years ago it was hardly a noticeable improvement..
© 2024 SimHQ Forums