homepage

The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System?

Posted By: Dusty Rhodes

The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/11/06 06:47 PM

Got LB Anthology. I want to make it work on my system (listed below). Can one of you LB Guru's give me a step by step guide to installing Anthology so that it will work on my system (Or a link to an existing install guide for high end machines)? I can get a lower end system once a friend of mine decides to get her a laptop, but until then, all I have to work with is my system (P3 800 MHz machine is what she has).

Thanks very much in advance for help. If someone does make a comprehensive install guide for high end users, Mods, please make it a sticky as it seems that MANY people are reentering the Longbow world!

P.S. Griff will also use this install guide as he has the same system and we want to front/back seat MP.
Posted By: AV8R

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/11/06 07:03 PM

You can try going to the existing sticky,
at the top of that thread is a link to PositiveGs site.

Go there and try the install for OS that you have.
Posted By: JoeyJoJo

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/11/06 08:49 PM

I have LBA also, and i just followed +G's steps and got it working with no problems. The only thing you need to do different is you don't need to patch (since it's the latest version). I also skipped the Longbow 1 install since you can't run it in XP

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/12/06 12:10 AM

EXCELLENT and THANKS a ton!! I'll get to work on this sometime this weekend.

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/12/06 07:43 AM

That did the trick AV8R! Thanks a bunchl. Any tips or tricks to get my Dual Core to slow the sim down? I am using the Turbo.exe but that seems to have no effect on it. I need to get her slowed down, otherwise it looks pretty decent and certainly will get me back to the mistress, if I can get my system to slow down for her (God I thought I would never say that I wanted to slow down my system \:D )
Posted By: Reticuli

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/12/06 07:49 AM

You don't need to slow anything down. I don't even think that will fix the throttle axis repeat keypress glitch. Just put sync to monitor in dgVoodoo (60hz) and you'll have no problems with being "too fast" in multiplayer.

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/12/06 05:12 PM

Reticuli (rat) is correct...

The dgVoodoo Glide method has a synch to monitor refresh check box that should govern the world speed to that of the refresh rate of the monitor independant of the CPU speed and type.

As one that owns an Intel hyperthreaded CPU on one of my systems, I found that the TURBO CPU slowdown method, while it can be exacting, the Hyperthread does what its suppose to and fights the CPU slow down methods like Turbo.

If you go to your BIOS you can disable hyperthread. But with dual cores (the next generation of multithreaded support) beyond hyperthreading technology, I dont think you can disable one of the dual cores AFAIK.

Irregardless, this is not safe. GO to the dgVoodoo method and save your system from geting irrecoverably messedup by playing with system speeds.

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/12/06 06:23 PM

I'll give it a try, and thanks a bunch, again, for helping out.

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/12/06 07:07 PM

WOW! You guys are awesome. It works GREAT and I am not even using the 2muchmem program. I am going to set up my Cougar file today and get to work relearning her. Griff gets his copy next week and we will team up for MP together and then once we get proficient we will prolly be joining the group for on line play, so you can add another flight team in training, on the way to helping win the war! Thanks again. The old girl is back and it was easy to do (if I can do it, well.......you know the rest).

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/12/06 08:47 PM

super...

another happy customer

and...

another resurrected Apache phoenix bird
Posted By: ID42928110

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/12/06 09:52 PM

Am I the only guy around here who's not getting back into LB2 but is instead getting into it for the first time? I feel so special hehe

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/12/06 11:26 PM

I am hoping to create a hunter killer team between Griff and I. One of us in the Kiowa, one in the Apache. If we can get Crash back into flight simming, we will have a full crew. Who knows, maybe even get Yoda going again.

Griff and I are looking forward to it big time!
Posted By: Griff

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/13/06 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ID42928110:
Am I the only guy around here who's not getting back into LB2 but is instead getting into it for the first time? I feel so special hehe
Guess wer'e all just a bunch of seasoned sim rotorheads! Actually, Longbow 2 was a great sim back in the day and I quite enjoyed it. Beerdog started hinting about it again and I have had to a) grab an old copy and b)grab a pair of gameport pedals to use with my Cougar. I'm hoping I have success when everything arrives next week. Beerdog and I have the same system (he's a constant upgrader and makes me do it) so I should be okay. Just hoping for a positive MP experience. I never had the opportunity to fly Longbow 2 in MP until now.
Posted By: Franze

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/13/06 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BeerDog:
I am hoping to create a hunter killer team between Griff and I. One of us in the Kiowa, one in the Apache.
I wish that were as useful as we'd like to think, but as it stands you're better off packing away with two Apaches. You gain a lot more offensive firepower and the addition of a stronger defense if needed.

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/13/06 03:43 AM

Always nice to have eyes around, but you are right, you can do the same with the Apache really, just with a whole lot more offensive and defensive punch. We'll see how it goes. Where does everyone meet for LB2 MP'n?

Griff - I am a constant upgrader? \:D
Posted By: Franze

Re: The Low Down Dirty on Anthology and My System? - 03/13/06 05:27 AM

Generally, everybody right now seems to link up via TeamSpeak; nobody could really agree on any messenger proggy and TS was already in use. And unless there's something scheduled on a specific day, chances are there won't be anyone there!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums