homepage

POSSIBLE reShade-based fix for BoB2 in Windows 10

Posted By: 33lima

POSSIBLE reShade-based fix for BoB2 in Windows 10 - 08/12/19 06:41 PM

See post from Manashttu on p.3, here: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=51298&start=30

Very early days - needs more players with Win 10 to try it, and see if it's consistent. Not tried here yet. Eisenfaust reports it prevented BoB2 from starting, so take care if you're already operational.
Posted By: 33lima

Re: POSSIBLE reShade-based fix for BoB2 in Windows 10 - 08/14/19 08:48 PM

No joy - the remission was short-lived. So it seems the best bet is Win 7 dual boot, although if you have newer hardware than mine, it seems some significant techie stuff is needed to get Win 7 working.

Whatever it takes - including keeping my Win 7 dual boot, and if necessary taking precautions or 'winging it' after 2020 - there's no way I'm going to give up playing much the best BoB simulation experience, and one of the best combat flight sims ever made, for as long as I enjoy doing so. If I had newer hardware, I would be doing whatever our more geeky and/or more nerdy friends say needs done, to get Win 7 working on it. It took quite a lot (but didn't cost much) to get my Win 7 dual boot going and it was a price that's been repaid over and over, across months of campaigning. Tally ho!

[Linked Image]

Attached picture shot_287.jpg
© 2024 SimHQ Forums