homepage

EECH Training Mission Report #1

Posted By: BeachAV8R

EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/09/05 10:05 PM

Welcome to EECH training. Our first training mission will start off with the basics of flying and navigating in EECH. Though we will be using the RAH-66 Comanche for this training scenario many of the procedures and techniques cross all of the possible flyable platforms in EECH.

The first thing we need to do is look at our mission requirements. For this training mission we will be concentrating on flying and navigation with the mission objective being a recon of a suspected enemy position. The briefing screen gives us all the pertinent details regarding the assigned mission.

The map screen is extremely important for planning purposes. It is better to plan ahead while you are still safely on the ground instead of devising a plan while you are trying to fly, navigate and fight.

The next thing we need to do is load our helicopter. The Comanche was designed for stealth so it carries much of its payload in an internal bay to reduce its radar reflectivity. It is possible to carry external weapons loads which will be mounted on stub wings on the side of the fuselage. This will increase your radar reflectivity however, so for scout and recon missions where engaging the enemy isn’t the primary objective it may be wiser to leave the stub wings and weapons behind. Our loadout for today’s mission will be 4 AGM-114L Hellfire (Laser) missiles and 4 AIM-92 Stinger missiles along with a full cannon load and full fuel.

Once you have decided on the loadout it is time to look at the mission map to determine the best flight path to and from the target area. Keep in mind that EECH simulates the “fog of war”, so areas on the map that are shaded offer little in the way of information about the enemy. Flights into the shaded areas by your own and other allied flights will start filling in the blanks as the campaign progresses. You can see that the default waypoint placement for the mission leaves a lot to be desired, with the flight path not taking into account known site SAM sites and other enemy troop concentrations.

You can add, delete and drag waypoints wherever you wish on the map both during the planning stage and during flight, which is a very convenient feature for changing planes “on the fly”. Here I’ve moved the waypoints to avoid the major concentration of enemy troops around the major airbase. The single SAM threat still on the flight path I plan to avoid by flying low to waypoint ‘C’ then transitioning into the river and arcing around the site to the west. I could take a further detour out to the east (around the major lake) but that would also push me out into unknown territory, so perhaps the devil you know is better.

With the preflight planning completed, it is time to step into the aircraft. The RAH-66 Comanche with the special training skin by Polak.

Climbing into the cockpit we can fly from either the front or the back. Our flight instructor will be sitting in the rear cockpit today, so we’ll concentrate on flying from the front seat today. The first things we see are the annunciators on the eyebrow panel. These lights tell you what systems are operating and the status of other systems. Right now we have the rotor brake engaged and the wheel brakes on. On the right side we see a low RPM annunciator and two other lights that indicate that we have our Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) and Counter-Measures (CM) on the automatic setting. With the ASE set on AUTO the avionics will detect radar threats and launches and automatically deploy countermeasures in the form of active jamming, chaff and flares. Other annunciators we will address later.

Cont.

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/09/05 10:05 PM

The engine start is simplified to just disengaging the rotor break (R) which lights off both engines and starts the rotor spinning. With the rotor spinning at 100% you should assure that your collective (throttle) is indicating 0% in the HUD otherwise you could start moving. It should be noted that fuel burn is NOT dependent on your power level (most helicopter engines are always running at high power settings anyway) after you depart base, even if you land and set 0% power the engines will continue to consume fuel at the same rate they do in flight (about 20 lbs./minute or 1200 lbs./hr. giving you about 2 hours of flight time to consume the 2500 lbs. onboard).

Below the eyebrow panel are the main systems multi-function displays and two side panel displays that display limited but useful information. Each MFD can be cycled through different pages ( [ and ] for left and right) or you can use CTRL or ALT and the numbers 1 through 10 (0) to jump immediately to a specific page. I have found that mapping the left and right MFD page sequence key to a hat switch on my controller is the easiest way to change pages quickly.

The left and right side panel MFDs can only display two parameters: engine data or a mini-HUD display. Immediately above the left side panel MFD are the indicators for the fire extinguishing system and the landing gear status lights (green = down, red = up).

The left primary MFD right now is showing the MISSION page which shows the call sign (Hellcat) and status of your flight (wingmen), current formation, and specific mission parameters.

The right side of the panel has a second MFD and a second side panel display. Above the side panel display are the engine warning annunciators and fire lights. Currently I have the Tactical Situation Display (TSD) or moving map selected in the right MFD. The TSD is useful for an overview of the flight planned route and terrain elevation data. The TSD can also show target locations derived from your onboard sensors or it can be “decluttered” to provide only navigation OR target information. TSD range is selectable in ranges of 2, 5, 10, and 25km with the “E and Shift-E keys. In order to provide easy switching between ranges I’ve also mapped the range selection to a rotary on the throttle of my HOTAS.

With the engines up, running and our rotor RPM stabilized we can commence with our flight! A quick check of the SYSTEMS MFD page shows that all systems are operable and normal.

Pulling in (or pushing depending on how you have set up your throttle) a little power to rise into a hover you must take care to add in some right pedal to keep the nose from yawing to the left as the torque increases on the main rotor. Small and constant control inputs are required to keep a helicopter hovering in a single spot but the helicopters in EECH can also be hovered on autopilot which reduces your workload significantly. There are two different modes of autopilot hover and both have distinct advantages. Normal “hover hold” is engaged by hitting the “H” key. In normal hover hold the autopilot will keep the helicopter over the same spot on the ground, but you are free to climb and descend in altitude using the collective (throttle). This mode is useful for holding a position and rising slowly above a ridge or obstacle to recon the area before proceeding. It is also useful for making vertical landings to a specific spot on the ground. The second hover mode is called “stable hover hold” which not only fixes your position over the ground, but also maintains the altitude you are at when you engage it. The collective (throttle) is adjusted automatically to maintain your hover altitude. This mode is very useful for when you wish to consult your map or otherwise take your attention away from flying the helicopter. Both hover hold modes can only be engaged when you are flying less than 20 knots and any movement of the cyclic control (stick) while the hover hold mode is engaged will disengage the autopilot and you will be in manual flying mode. Due to the nature of helicopter operations (constant stalking, observation and attacks) I would recommend mapping the hover hold and stable hover hold commands to your HOTAS so that you can quickly enter the mode you desire upon reaching a loiter point.

Here we have risen to about 50 feet over the helipad and I have engaged hover hold while I manually control altitude with the collective. The HOV HLD annunciator is illuminated and Stealth Configuration Indicator (the small helicopter diagram) shows that my landing gear is still extended.

Keep in mind that you must limit the power you demand of the engines to 100%. In an emergency, or for quick bursts of extra power, you can exceed 100% power up to a limit of 120% for limited time periods, but you risk serious damage or failure of the engines as a result. In the likely event you exceed 100% power the MASTER CAUTION annunciator will illuminate, the torque warning (TRQ) annunciator will illuminate and you will receive an aural warning that you are exceeding the torque limit. Once you return the power below 100% you can reset the MASTER CAUTION by pressing the “M” key to extinguish the annunciator.

Power operation in the regime between 100% and 120% can be useful for increasing speed to avoid an enemy, arresting emergency descents, and for single engine operation, but extreme care must be taken to not damage your engines. The further above 100% power you go, the faster engine damage can occur. You can readily watch this process by examining your engine gauges during normal and emergency power operation. At normal power settings of 100% or less, exhaust gas temperature (TG) will stay at 800 degrees or below.

Once you exceed 100% power (here 104%) the exhaust gas temperature will start rising above the normal reading of 800 degrees. If it ever reaches 1000 degrees the engine will fail. It may take a minute or two to reach 1000 degrees at 101% power, but only 15 seconds or so at 120% power. The only way to arrest a temperature increase is to reduce power to less than 100%.

Cont.

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/09/05 10:06 PM

If you do over-temp an engine, it will catch fire and illuminate the associated engine fire annunciator and trigger the MASTER CAUTION.

The systems notification display will show a text message of the failure and the SYSTEMS MFD page and side panel display will show the engine readings associated with the engine fire/failure.

An engine or APU fire is a serious problem and must be dealt with immediately to prevent an explosion and loss of the aircraft (and life!). To extinguish a fire (whether caused by over-torque or enemy weapons damage) hit the CTRL-F key to discharge the fire bottles. The fire bottles may only be used once in flight however so any subsequent fires will burn until the engine seizes. Once the fire bottles have been used the fire panel will display red Xs indicating they have been discharged.

After rising to a hover it’s time to start heading out on our flight planned route. Initially you should practice flying a moderate speeds (70 to 110 knots) at moderate altitudes (200 to 300 feet). Once you get proficient at flying and learning to control the helicopter with a combination of collective and cyclic, you can increase speed and lower your altitude to levels that are more appropriate for a combat environment (150 knots + and 30 to 50 feet). Learning to fly low and fast are the keys to survival in EECH. At those kinds of speeds and altitudes however, it only takes a second of inattention before you are flying into the ground.

I’ve found the best way to fly the helicopters in EECH is to trim them out for medium speed forward flight, then control your altitude with small variations in power (collective). I think every HOTAS setup should have the trim commands mapped (T to set trim, Shift-T to zero trim) to a button or hat in order to allow trimming on the fly. The autopilot will fly your flight-planned route very well, at a decent speed and low altitude, but the herky-jerky nature of the autopilot flying is a bit nauseating, so I prefer to do most of my long distance flying by hand. Flying super-low and super-fast aren’t really necessary in non-threat environments (ie: behind friendly lines) so don’t take unnecessary chances. There always exists the threat of enemy fighter activity even deep behind friendly lines however, so always keep an eye on the situation.

Most of your navigation can be done via dead reckoning using the map, or following the predefined waypoints you’ve already placed on the map. If you wish to navigate the theater using the waypoints on the map you can cycle backwards and forwards through the waypoints (W and Shift-W). If you are in the navigation mode the HUD information will display your distance to the selected waypoint, your estimated time enroute and a steering carat will be displayed on the heading tape at the top of the HUD. Here we are enroute to waypoint “C”, which is located at 350 degrees for 3.5km and at our current speed we should arrive there in 53 seconds.

The one tool you will use more than almost any other in EECH is the map. Again I would recommend mapping the map key (M) to an easily accessed button on your HOTAS to allow you to quickly swap between the full screen map and the cockpit. Just remember though that while you are in the map screen you will continue flying, so either park yourself in a safe hover, engage the autopilot, or make your glances at the map very brief. Here we are approaching waypoint “C” where we will duck into the river bed to continue around the SAM site that is due north of us.

Rivers and roads can make excellent routes for infiltrating enemy lines so long as they have cover on the sides. Some rivers have no riverbank to speak of and provide little shelter while others are deeply embedded in the terrain allowing for excellent terrain masking.

Having circumnavigated the enemy SAM threat we must now thread the needle between two heavily defended areas in order to reach our assigned recon sector. In order to ease the chore of sliding between the threat rings I’ll move waypoint “D” to the point I wish to fly to. This is a great feature of the map in EECH since you can move, add and delete waypoints at your convenience.

Cont.

We’ve now reached the center of the overlapping enemy SAM rings. Although we are well within the normal detection and engagement rings of the enemy anti-air sites, due to the fact that we have a stealth configuration coupled with extremely low flying with all of our sensors off has allowed us to slip through unnoticed.

With 69% power I’m able to maintain about 126 knots and I try to stick around 40 to 60 feet while carefully avoiding obstacles and terrain elevation changes. The autopilot can actually do this kind of flying better, but the challenge of low level flying is part of the appeal in flying helicopters. You can also see that we’ve cycled to the “X” waypoint which is the location of our objective.

As we approach our designated recon area we must be extremely careful to stay low enough to avoid being detected since we are also closing in on the heart of the enemy defenses in the area (the middle of an anti-air threat ring). As I glance at the map I have an anxious moment as I see an enemy aircraft icon marching quickly across the map to the east. Fortunately he doesn’t appear to have detected me and he continues southbound leaving me unmolested. It is likely that he would have engaged me had I been using any of my radar equipment since he would readily be able to detect my presence.

Reaching the river bed just a couple kilometers from my objective I slowly work my way up the river to move into position. For recon missions you must fly to within 1km of the objective in order to send your recon data.

Once you are within range a message and voice will tell you that you are within range and that you should transmit your recon data.

To send the recon data I would enter a hover first to avoid being distracted and crashing, then select TAB to bring up the communications menu. Select “LOCAL BASE” and “TRANSMIT RECON” in order to send your data back to base.

Soon after you send the data a “MISSION COMPLETED” message will appear.

Cont.

You can double-check the status of your mission (any kind of mission) on your MISSION MFD page to assure that your objective is complete.

The mission isn’t over yet though! You’ve made it in and completed the objective, but now you need to bring your crew and helicopter safely back to base. The tendency after the completion of the mission is to get complacent, so stay vigilante and don’t get lazy! As I sit on my hover after sending the recon data I notice that several enemy helicopter flights appear to be closing on my position from both the south and the north. The unit to my south is cutting off my retreat so I elect to attempt a squeeze play between them and rocket out to the east before they converge on me.

Bumping the power up to near maximum (98%) I lower the nose and accelerate away to the east, building up speed to near 160 knots while trying extra hard to stay as low as I dare. As hedges flash by the radar altimeter bounces between 50 and 20 feet; definitely an exciting ride as I wait for the helicopters to detect me.

The plan works though and I manage to squeak out to the east before the helicopters are able to spot me.

This is a good example of one of the steeper banked rivers that allow for excellent masking potential. They can also help you hide from enemy aircraft and inbound missiles should you need a low spot to crouch.

As I work my way around the east side of the enemy fortifications I take a moment to slide one of my waypoints over toward the east side of the large lake. Following the waypoint guidance on the HUD is far easier than constantly flipping back and forth between the map and the cockpit and will allow me to concentrate more on flying and less on navigating.

Once clear of the major enemy build-ups I turn the autopilot on “G” and watch as it does a far better job of flying than I can. You can see the autopilot (AUT PLT) annunciator is illuminated. The only big drawback of the autopilot is that it tends to slow down and gain altitude near obstacles and around waypoints. If you really need a speedy and super low escape, hand flying is superior (though more dangerous).

As I pass around the east side of the enemy troop formation that I passed on the west side of during the ingress, I note that a mission has already been “fragged” to take it out. The “X” in the middle of the unit designation along with the text “CAS #8” means that the mission schedule has already allocated another flight to strike that particular enemy emplacement.

Cont.

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/09/05 10:07 PM

Soon enough home base comes into view and I relax and let the airspeed slow and the altitude climb a bit as I’m back in friendly territory.

Lowering the landing gear (CTRL-G) I check that I have two green lights and I make sure I’ve canceled out my trim settings to allow the helicopter to hover in a level flight attitude.

For landing I like to spot my landing area out of the side of the cockpit and fly down while keeping it in view, then slide over it before putting the helicopter on the ground. Once you are on the ground you can taxi around using a bit of power and cyclic as long as the brakes are off. It is a little bit awkward, but it can be done.

Once I’m down I engage the rotor brake which stops the rotors and opens the canopy. Then I just quit the mission bringing me to the mission debrief screen. The debrief will list the results of your mission and any kills you happen to have made during the flight.

You can also see that our flight has filled in some of the information on the big map by pushing back the “fog of war” in the sector we have flown in. With additional data about what lies in that sector the campaign engine can generate other flights based on that knowledge.

That wraps up our first flight in the RAH-66 Comanche. While not exactly a “kill everything that moves” type of mission, recon missions are an important part of how the campaign unfolds as we will see later with a neat trick that you can accomplish using recon flights. In forthcoming reports we will look at the Comanche’s sensors, weapons and tactics in more detail.

* Special thanks to Polak for making me the awesome training skin for EECH!

BeachAV8R

Alienware P4 3.4 Ghz
2 GB DDR2 RAM
NVidia GeForce BFG 6800 PCIe (256MB)
Saitex X52
CH Pro Pedals
TrackIR2
Posted By: Dusty Rhodes

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/09/05 11:51 PM

OK, for all you Longbow 2 training veterans, who of you read this debrief with the voice of the Longbow 2 instructor in your head!!! I had flashbacks \:D
Posted By: Mace71

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/09/05 11:57 PM

Nice report. I like the skin with your name on, that's an excellent touch!! I sometimes think I am painted bright red the amount of lead that I attract, or maybe that's my flying? hmmm....
Posted By: 20mm

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/10/05 01:35 AM

Excellent!

Beach, you've done it again, I can't wait for Training Mission #2. I loaded up EECH with all the latest goodies (except for that great skin with the names on the side), and while I was turning in circles and making myself dizzy over the landing area, I said to myself, "I wish I had some Beach-style training missions, ala Falcon 4, so I knew what the heck was going on here."

And tada, there it is! You're right, definately need to get the HOTAS set up with all the key assignments. I started programming my CH Fighterstick last night. Baby steps because I don't know what I'm doing with that gear yet.

Question: I set the pedals to "Pedals" in the Option Controller menu, is that right? It seems super sensitive, I just barely touched the left pedal, and the helo started making round and round and rounds until I puked. I must have done something wrong there. I mean, I just barely put a toe on the pedal and we were spinning around like a top, and no matter what I did, I couldn't stop it.

I think I read in the manual that the pedals are used at slow speed, but once you're moving you control direction with cyclic. Sound right?

I need help, man! Thanks a bunch for doing these.
Posted By: Snakeyes

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/10/05 02:37 AM

Excellent report! I reinstalled EEAH & EECH with all the goodies after reading your "Enemy (RE)Engaged: EECH Revisited" article. I followed Gotcha's comprehensive install guide. I played around with the sim for a while on Sunday. Props to the mod group. They have done a very nice job updating the sim. These reports will help me get back up to speed quickly. It is good to have a combat rotor sim in the stable again.

Thanks! \:\)
Posted By: Bib4Tuna

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/10/05 03:41 AM

Thanks for the report Beach!!
Posted By: Cougar_DK

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/10/05 09:38 AM

Great report Beach. And I really liked your points about which buttons its great to map to the HOTAS!

Looking forward to part 2
Posted By: ECV56_PolTen

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/10/05 12:30 PM

Yeah! The Beach is back!

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/10/05 12:38 PM

Thanks guys.

20mm - Your pedals shouldn't be that sensitive. I'm using CH Pro Pedals and I have them mapped to the rudder axis. You have to be careful though because there can be a lot of options for each controller. For instance, it took me a few tries to get it figured out because EECH recognized by rudder pedals as actually having 3 different axis (axises? axes? axis'?..whatever..) Anyway, the sim recognized the toe brakes for the left and right pedals as axis' too...(it defined them as X rotation, Y rotation and the actual movement of the pedals as Z rotation). So you might have to work with it and experiment. In any case, just touching the pedal a little shouldn't result in a massive spinning. You might also check that one of your HOTAS rotaries isn't accidentally being read as an axis too. Best bet is to center all the rotaries and sliders before you fire up the game...maybe?

Beerdog - Yeah..I loved that salty instructor from LB2...hehe..."Son..what the HELL are you doing??! I said 200 feet!!"

Mace - Don't worry..once the shooting starts I'm sure I'll be splattered all over the beautiful new countrysides..hehe...

Snakeyes - You bet..those modders have done a heck of a job.

Bib4Tuna - They are going to be challenging from several aspects. First the limited view ability on pause and also just capturing the action without crashing the helicopter..hehe...

Cougar_DK - Yup..EECH is a HOTAS lovers dream sim. While most other sims I can get by with using keyboard commands (or in the case of F4 I can use the mouse to click buttons in the 2D pit) with EECH you just don't have enough time to take your hands off the throttle and stick (at least not safely..)..

Looking forward to Training Mission #2

Regards..

BeachAV8R
Posted By: Rampstrike

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/10/05 03:32 PM

That was a fun read, Beach! I've only tried a few helo sims before... not having a HOTAS, they have proved pretty difficult, at least to fly with any sort of precision (I've flown the real military CH-53 simulator, and it was FAR easier to fly and hold altitude/hover than any computer helo sim I've tried!).

I do have a copy of EEAH, though, so I may load it back up and give it a whirl (pun intended \:D ). I've always liked the Apache Longbow anyway...

Isn't it funny how reading all these AAR's makes us want to try the sims being covered? I had never flown Falcon 4 before reading your reports, Beach... \:\)

Cheers,
Ramp
Posted By: DawgMan

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/10/05 04:46 PM

Hey Beach,

Glad to see ya back at it with the training missions. We, the community, really appreciate the time and effort. Thanks

Anyway, just an fyi, when landing you need to make sure you have the correct pad sighted or the ai from another flight may land on top of you.

I use the padlock waypoint to be sure I have the correct helipad. It will padlock your pad right after you've passed your final base waypoint.

Once you have landed on your pad and you are aligned properly on your pad, the rotor brake will automatically engage itself and the door will open without any keypresses.

DawgMan Out!

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/10/05 06:39 PM

Ah..see..this is why I love writing these things..forget you guys..*I* am the one that gets to learn all the new stuff!! Great tip DawgMan..I never knew that!

BeachAV8R
Posted By: primus71_TR

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/11/05 03:14 PM

Great read.
Posted By: Dirk98

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/12/05 09:01 PM

Classy, Beach.
Posted By: SpyDoc

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/14/05 04:38 PM

Thanks from here too, great stuff!

I also really appreciate knowing what keys to map, or your prefs for 'favorite and most used' keys. If nothing else, it helps dramatically speed up the process of deciding what keys to use on my own HOTAS. That's always the slowest part for me.

...Maybe you'd like to post a screenie of your keyboard map on your Saitek rig so we could see them all and adapt accordingly?

;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cougar_DK:
Great report Beach. And I really liked your points about which buttons its great to map to the HOTAS!

Looking forward to part 2
Posted By: Rat Boy

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/15/05 01:56 AM

[crazy drunk]

Dude, I didn't know the Coast Guard ended up buying the Comanche!

[/crazy drunk]

Seriously Beach, have you considered going into sales? You've already made me buy F4:AF and consider buying both this and FS2004 with the articles you've been writing.

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/15/05 11:56 PM

SpyDoc - Glad you find the key-mapping explanations useful. I'll put together a screen of my keyboard map in the very soon.

Rat Boy - \:D It does rather favor a Coast Guard helicopter doesn't it??! As for sales....nooooo...I couldn't sell beer to Homer Simpson. I'm a terrible salesman. Glad you have been enjoying the articles though...they are fun to write. \:\)

Regards..

BeachAV8R
Posted By: Heinzi

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 08/16/05 06:34 AM

Wow a mission in eech without medals. New record!

Great report \:D
Posted By: TheHammer

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 09/26/05 05:07 AM

so what is the "M" key? Master caution acknowledge or Map? On my keyboard chart it says Master Caution Acknowledge...

edit - reinstalled and have played some. "M" is of course for Master Caution Acknowledge, and the Enter key brings up the map/command screen.

Beach,
I am another one you have helped get to install this game again... Once I read the re-visit and then your training mission... :rolleyes: \:D
Posted By: mackster

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 10/20/05 07:57 AM

Thanks for the training mish, going to run thru it tomorrow, looks very helpful for a newb!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 10/31/05 03:12 PM

Hi Beach,

this is probably a pretty dumb question but for training mission 1, is this a campaign, skirmish or free flight - how do I get a mission map that looks like yours?

Thanks
Posted By: H4rM

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 01/01/06 03:56 AM

I second this, due to Gotcha's work, the modding communities work and BeachAV8R's training mission and review .... I went and found on ebay a combo sale for both EEAH and EECH and just received it. Installed using Gotcha's guide and files and would now like to learn this sweet sim you all got me hooked on. I too would like to fly the training missions, and ask where are they and/or how do I get to them?!
Thanks in advance!

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 01/01/06 04:05 PM

Sorry guys..the training missions were just picked out of mission selections from some of the skirmishes. I just picked a skirmish and waited for the proper type of mission to come up and used it for the report. \:\)

Regards..
BeachAV8R

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 01/01/06 06:32 PM

See, Beach, pls always save them somewhere.

Dirk out. \:D

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 01/01/06 06:36 PM

I mean it's becoming a pattern, when after reading the AARs you want immediately to jump in the cockpit and fly following the description. Walkthrough tutorials in combat sims is something to tackle yet. I'm sure it will be a very demanded genre.
Posted By: Shepherd

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 02/27/07 05:59 AM

Awesome read...I’m looking forward to the rest of them. Beach you just shortened this noobers learning curve exponentially.

Thanks!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 02/28/07 06:24 PM

OT ... a bit : Nice LockOn tutorials ... Seeing those makes me think about reinstalling. Kimchoc and I had our hands full and got a bit discouraged. Thanx for all your work on this.

Posted By: Starnose

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 09/25/08 02:43 PM

Having just acquired this sim, how do I get Beach AVR's Training Missions pictures to appear? I'm just little red crosses in squares.
What a way to kick off!
Posted By: 20mm

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 09/25/08 09:57 PM

I don't know, I still see the pics. Try the usual things, do a refresh, check back later, delete your cookies.
Posted By: Smithcorp

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 09/26/08 09:24 AM

I still see em too.
Posted By: Starnose

Re: EECH Training Mission Report #1 - 09/26/08 02:17 PM

I got 'em. Can't begin to think why they didn't turn up, but they are just eaxactly what we all need. As a keen Falcon sim'er I all almost all I know to this man. Give him a beer!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums