P-47 at Chino California

Posted By: RedOneAlpha

P-47 at Chino California - 06/05/19 05:33 PM

Love that radial sound, and plane...

Mike
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: P-47 at Chino California - 06/07/19 05:25 PM

Was a fun airshow. cool
I am one of the sunrise photo shoot volunteers so I get there between 4 and 5 am both days and don't leavie before 7pm.

Wheels
Posted By: BD-123

Re: P-47 at Chino California - 06/08/19 10:20 AM

What a beautiful aeroplane the '38 is! Looks so delicate when flying with the mighty Jug.
I recall the words of a Brit Spitfire pilot on fist seeing a P47: " how d'you take evasive action in that; walk around the cockpit?"
Posted By: JimK

Re: P-47 at Chino California - 06/09/19 03:37 AM

My last expereince with a P-47 was when my my wife and me explored the former Planes of Fame museum in Eden Prairies Flying Cloud Airport.
We just arrived and were walking back between hangers and they had one backed up between the hangers and fire it up, OMG was it loud and
leaking oil all over the place, They had pans all over the place and hardly any of them caught any of it. it was all over the place. We went back
fast the noise was so loud it was deafening.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: P-47 at Chino California - 06/10/19 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by JimK
My last expereince with a P-47 was when my my wife and me explored the former Planes of Fame museum in Eden Prairies Flying Cloud Airport.
We just arrived and were walking back between hangers and they had one backed up between the hangers and fire it up, OMG was it loud and
leaking oil all over the place, They had pans all over the place and hardly any of them caught any of it. it was all over the place. We went back
fast the noise was so loud it was deafening.

Radials don't leak, they mark their territory! biggrin

Wheels
Posted By: W-Molders

Re: P-47 at Chino California - 06/13/19 02:20 AM

I work over by CIM... I sometimes hear these things...
© 2024 SimHQ Forums