homepage

I wish WOW was less arcadish

Posted By: robmypro

I wish WOW was less arcadish - 12/01/15 10:27 PM

Just gave it a go. Actually liked some parts of it, but wish it was a bit more like Silent Hunter 3, as in more a simulation. Still not bad for free to play.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: I wish WOW was less arcadish - 12/02/15 04:27 AM

thumbsup

If I could get Silent Hunter 3 to work om my machine, I would still be playing it. It was that good.

Re: I wish WOW was less arcadish - 12/02/15 06:31 AM

Originally Posted By: carrick58
thumbsup

If I could get Silent Hunter 3 to work om my machine, I would still be playing it. It was that good.

It ran fine on mine.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: I wish WOW was less arcadish - 12/02/15 01:57 PM

The game would be improved with realistic ammo limitations. Especially torpedoes Carriers should have more control over what aircraft they can put up within the limitations.
Some new game more wouldn't kill them either. And no more circles, give us ports to attack or defend, convoys, land targets to artillery etc.
Posted By: Vitesse

Re: I wish WOW was less arcadish - 12/02/15 08:58 PM

Well RK, I think you are on to something. I've played up to the Pensacola and Aoba but the game isn't grabbing me the way WOT did.

Each game mode seems too similar and the maps don't really make all that much difference either.

I do like the gameplay generally but there could be a lot more to it than just those circles.

Re: I wish WOW was less arcadish - 12/03/15 02:47 AM

I've enjoyed the switch to carriers for the change in game play. Of course, whatever planes you bring some teammate criticizes. LOL
Posted By: sinner6

Re: I wish WOW was less arcadish - 12/03/15 07:45 PM

I uninstalled it due to the sameness of each round. Just isn't holding my attention.

Re: I wish WOW was less arcadish - 12/03/15 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: sinner6
I uninstalled it due to the sameness of each round. Just isn't holding my attention.

Yeah, what i have seen so far is pretty mindless.
Posted By: sinner6

Re: I wish WOW was less arcadish - 12/04/15 02:40 AM

If they could add various sea states/weather/time of day, it would add depth (no pun) to the existing mechanics, IMO.
The 'terrain' as it is, is just either water or island. The ocean is much more dynamic than the glassy smooth seas of this game.

Re: I wish WOW was less arcadish - 12/04/15 04:04 PM

*ahem* Battlestations Pacific *ahem*

Re: I wish WOW was less arcadish - 12/05/15 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
*ahem* Battlestations Pacific *ahem*

Doesn't work with Windows 10. Non starter for me.

Re: I wish WOW was less arcadish - 12/05/15 08:11 PM

It works, you just have to install GFWL. The only thing is you can't re-download any dlc.
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Live/PC/DownloadClient

© 2024 SimHQ Forums