homepage

Jutland prob

Posted By: rea00cy

Jutland prob - 12/22/08 05:38 PM

Hi, ALL:

I'm new to this forum and I need your assistance. I just downloaded the Jutland DEMO and installed it, but it does not run. I read and reread the intructions on their website and find nothing wrong.
Windows vista 32-bit, Intel dual core 2.4 GHz, 2MB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rea00cy
Posted By: kilosierra

Re: Jutland prob - 12/22/08 05:57 PM

First, make sure the application has Admin rights AFAIK something like right-click --> run as Admin or something similar, I don`t have Vista. Then you should look if anything (Firewall, Anti-Virus etc.) is preventing Jutland from connecting the SES servers.

But then you have to be a little more specific on how far you get. Is the game not responding? Have you already got a Demo licence key via email? Or does it start and then crash?

Anyway, in the Jutland menu is a link to the SES support. AFAIK you should be able to send a support request with your registered email adress.

Last chance: here is the most frequented Jutland board, the developers are reading there too. You might get a solution asking there if nothing else helps:

http://forums.gamesquad.com/forumdisplay.php?f=245

Good luck!

K.

Posted By: NightCrawler

Re: Jutland prob - 12/22/08 06:55 PM

You actually need a "License Key" from the developer just to play a DEMO? Not a very good marketing tool for a company I must say. I personally dislike when my personal computer has to interact with an outside "hackable" master computer. You do not know what info that outside machine is pulling from YOUR machine in the process. I worked somewhat in the network security business and know the least amount of interaction with outside of the home master servers is a 'good thing'.

Re: Jutland prob - 12/22/08 07:07 PM

Yes,

because in this case the "Demo" is actually already the full game which can be unlocked to the "Standard" or the "Pro" version with the full licence key, when you choose to purchase it.

As for the security, if I wanted whole security, I wouldn`t connect to the internet at all. biggrin
Posted By: Herman

Re: Jutland prob - 12/22/08 07:09 PM

You and pretty much everyone else who knows a thing or two about it. biggrin

Ghostryder also seems to have his stuff together with the technical end of things and how DRM can expose user systems to exploitation.

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/fb.ashx?m=324019

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/fb.ashx?m=324091

Re: Jutland prob - 12/22/08 07:24 PM

Do we really need to get this one into another DRM discussion?

Re: Jutland prob - 12/22/08 07:32 PM

For kiloseirra, I know and that is why I am behind three (3) plus firewalls here at my desk. I also have a security program running, that displays on a secondary monitor, that shows me what exactly is being accomplished when I am online. So not like others I know a few things about internet traffic and how it can effect you in both the Good, along with the Bad.

And Herman, those are very enlightening items, and since you posted those links I would hope that people would read them and 'open their eyes' to what is happening around them in this internet world. Very good post Herman, as always! Thanks! thumbsup

Re: Jutland prob - 12/22/08 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: kilosierra

NO, my personal involvement stops here hopefully! santa
Posted By: Herman

Re: Jutland prob - 12/22/08 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: NightCrawler
For kiloseirra, I know and that is why I am behind three (3) plus firewalls here at my desk. I also have a security program running, that displays on a secondary monitor, that shows me what exactly is being accomplished when I am online. So not like others I know a few things about internet traffic and how it can effect you in both the Good, along with the Bad.

Now you've got ME scared! What is it you know that the rest of us don't... wink
Posted By: Hentzau

Re: Jutland prob - 12/24/08 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: kilosierra

If you want censorship you'll have to stick to the gamesquad forums. wink

Re: Jutland prob - 12/24/08 05:28 PM

I know sore subject on that issue.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums