https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jet-Thunder/108275485873472
Posted By: tagTaken2

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/16/12 08:53 AM

Fingers crossed for a winter release.

Actually, any release.
Posted By: ricnunes

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/16/12 12:23 PM

Yes, they are (busy)!! Eating trees do take a LOOONG time neaner

LoL, sorry for my pessimism but at least if I'm wrong regarding my pessimism at least it will be one of the few times in life that I'm really glad to be wrong and if I'm right at least I won't be so disapointed wink
Posted By: CA_Stary

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/16/12 01:05 PM

seeing how it was promised in December 2010 by then new publisher, Aerosoft, and how now there is zip, zero nada communications from publisher side on his forums I'm pessimistic about it
Posted By: BadKarma1001

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/16/12 06:12 PM

Jet Thunder = vaporware
Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/16/12 11:29 PM

It might end up that way who knows (besides know it alls) but I'll wait for the dev team to make that announcement. They've been pretty honest as it is and if a dev says they're still working on it that's good enough for me. I think a lot of forum members forget this isn't Oleg Maddox or Eagle Dynamics developing but a small group of professionals.
Posted By: SC/JG_Oesau

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/17/12 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander
It might end up that way who knows (besides know it alls) but I'll wait for the dev team to make that announcement. They've been pretty honest as it is and if a dev says they're still working on it that's good enough for me. I think a lot of forum members forget this isn't Oleg Maddox or Eagle Dynamics developing but a small group of professionals.

Agree about the devs, it's not them that I have been frustrated with, it's Aerosofts lack of communication when they have stated one thing and then don't bother to provide a update such as "sorry guys, we're still working hard at it and it will be a couple more months". What happened is that they (Aerosoft, not Dante and crew) said weeks, not months (when the first Jan 2011 date was missed) and promised to eat a tree if it was not out by the end of the year but all there has been is silence.

It's that silence that gets me, own up and tell the real picture (not expecting project plan with committed dates).
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/20/12 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander

Does it actually count as honesty if they aren't saying anything?

I guess they found a loophole...

And I think a lot of Flight sim developers forget that 'Marketing' is a thing.

As said above, the silence is poor on Aerosoft. Developers develop software code, Publishers market and sell. Aerosoft isn't doing it's job very well.
Posted By: coreyhkh

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/20/12 03:06 AM

I hope this game comes out soon.

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/20/12 06:38 PM

I can care less about JT's PR dept. I just wish them well in their development and hope it see's the light of day. If JT had exhausted all their resources and threw in the towel I think they'd let us know.
Posted By: HarryR

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/20/12 08:34 PM

I had a firefox 'reformat' recently and forgot my Aerosoft forum pass, so I hope they are doing well and aiming for gold. I threw lots of questions in the mix on the forums which were answered up till July August, then nothing, even the Aerosoft boss was being tight lipped. Come on Dante, are you near to BETA yet...and if so, who you gonna call wink
Posted By: strykerpsg

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/21/12 04:39 AM

I've posted three times in the last 10 days on the Aerosoft preview forum and there's been absolutely no reply from Mathias, Aerosoft or Dante. I fear thats not a good sign at all. Just wish they'd post what they know, regardless of a missed pubished release date. Anyway, will be standing by.

Matt

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/21/12 03:50 PM

With their (Aerosoft guys) hands and mouths full of christmas trees to eat no wonder why they can't type ot talk hahaha
Posted By: SC/JG_Oesau

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/21/12 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: ricnunes
With their (Aerosoft guys) hands and mouths full of christmas trees to eat no wonder why they can't type ot talk hahaha

LOL you know Mathias is probably sick and tired of you and I bringing up the trees!

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/22/12 01:49 PM

No, no! Mathias is sick because of indigestion problems hahaha
Posted By: Harpoon

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 01/23/12 02:23 PM

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/41424-new-schedule-revised-plans/page__st__160

Some contact from Aerosoft, at last; suggesting work is still going ahead with Jet Thunder.
Posted By: gO_oSe

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 02/25/12 11:36 AM

Hello,

a little word by Dante about the network code :

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jet-Thunder/108275485873472?sk=wall&filter=1

Cooperative missions with the editor ?

Thanks a lot, best wishes.

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 02/27/12 05:33 PM

Good to hear! Wish the JT team the best.
Posted By: purolator

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 02/28/12 04:14 PM

I hope the message regarding the networking code is a good sign, but by now I tuned down my hopes regarding JT to the lowest possible level.
Posted By: Bumfluff

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 03/03/12 03:49 AM

news? tumbleweeds?

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 03/03/12 01:07 PM

Guys, if you don`t see anything on the site, then search for it.
JT page on facebook tends to have a bit more info, so have a look there and add a link here if necessary.

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 03/26/12 06:13 PM

Jet Thunder
15 hours ago
Hola seguidores, escribo para la comunidad de habla hispana fundamentalmente, entiendo la ansiedad y quizas la descepcion que puede causar en muchos no tener una fecha de entrega cierta y pautada; pero nuevamente les pido que no se alteren y sean pacientes, el simulador VA A SER LANZADO en el transcurso del año, ya estamos muy cerca, realmente mucho mas cerca de lo que ustedes se imaginan, se han implementado muchas cosas que son muy difíciles de explicar al publico y sobre todo demoran mucho tiempo en ser terminadas, qui hay mucho de prueba y error, programación al mas alto nivel que han encarado un muy pequeño grupo de personas, los frutos de tanto esfuerzo ya se están viendo.
Quizás muchos de ustedes se preguntaran porque no una Demo, un vídeo, o lo que sea la respuesta es simple, NO FUNCIONA ASI. El publico es muy exigente y es devastador con el mas mínimo detalle, sino busquen las repercusiones que genero el vídeo del pucara atacado del año pasado que subió Steve, llegaron a escribir que se veia mejor 1942 "el arcade" y estaba mas que obvio que lo que se queria mostrar era la IA, el sistema de programación que comandaba el armamento, la Fisica de Vuelo, etc. Se aclaro que se trataba de un test que no contemplaba la graphica, ni tenia implementados los Shaders que corren en DirectX, o sino como se explica que siempre Jet Thunder se vio espectacular y de repente se ve horrible, no tendría sentido amigos.
El eje de desarrollo del proyecto siempre fue la de ser honestos con el publico y nosotros mismos. Hemos cometido errores y los hemos remediado en el proceso de desarrollo, el resultado estará pronto al alcance de todos y debatiremos sobre como mejorar y cumplir las expectativas de la comunidad si fuese necesario, Jet Thunder estara PRONTO disponible.
Hello followers, I write for the Spanish-speaking community essentially, I understand the anxiety and maybe the descepcion can cause in many not having a certain delivery date and schedule; but again I ask that they do not alter and be patient, Simulator goes to be released in the course of the year, we are very close, really much more close to what you imagine, we have implemented many things that are very difficult to explain to the public and especially long delay in completion, qui there are a lot of trial and error, programming at the most high level which have addressed a very small group of people, the fruits of so much effort is being played.
Perhaps many of you people will wonder because not a Demo, a video, or whatever the answer is simple, not works so. Audiences is very demanding and is devastating with the smallest detail, but seeking impact genre the video of the attacked pucara of last year rose Steve, came to write that is best looked 1942 "the arcade" and was more than obvious that what is wanted to show was AI, the programming system that commanded the weapons, the physics of flight, etc. Be clarified that it was a test which provided the graphica, nor had implemented the Shaders that run on DirectX, or but as explains that always Jet Thunder was spectacular and suddenly looks horrible, no sense friends.
The axis of development of the project was always the be honest with the public and ourselves. We have made mistakes and we have remedied them in the development process, the result will soon be available to all and will be discussing on how to improve and meet the expectations of the community if necessary, Jet Thunder will be soon available. (Translated by Bing)

Hi guys, copied and pasted directly from the site for those not on facebook
Posted By: HarryR

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 03/26/12 09:56 PM

Fingers well and truly crossed smile

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 03/26/12 10:56 PM

+1^
Its the least we can do for our hobby!

EDIT: Just not enough developers making sims these days to not support guys like this no matter what we think of they're goals. Again wish the JT team the best.

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 03/27/12 01:34 AM

who can translate to english please
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 03/27/12 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Bumfluff

::shrugs::

It was English enough for me.

The basic message is: Sorry for being so silent guys, but you tend to pour over every detail and get bent out of shape by taking a tech-demo as a final indicator of graphics and systems. So we went turtle for awhile.
Posted By: BadKarma1001

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 03/27/12 04:50 AM

Too be the devils advocate: "soon" in their terms means 2019! neaner

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 03/27/12 09:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Bumfluff

sorry - i'm an idiot. saw there was english too.
Posted By: WileECoyote

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 03/27/12 11:23 PM

hmmm... "this year"... hmm... This year?... hmm... Really?... hmm...

I certainly hope so that they shut our mouths when we said "this is never going to be released". If they do, I'll be on of the first in buying it. for sure.

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 07/07/12 04:22 PM

Hello all,
a little update on Facebook about the raison of the blackout around JT :

http://www.facebook.com/JetThunder

Sorry for my english, have a good day.
Posted By: citizen guod

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 07/08/12 02:20 AM

http://www.facebook.com/JetThunder

Originally Posted By: Jet Thunder

Donald, thanks for the post. Yes, Aerosoft will publish it once it´s done. What really happens is that the public (you guys) want a final quality that can only be delivered by a much larger, full time team. The bet is that a much smaller team (us) can achieve a decent quality too, but the price is that it will take MUCH longer.

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 08/06/12 04:01 PM

Hello,

not a big announcement on Facebook, just sign of life :

http://www.facebook.com/JetThunder/posts/454518644582486

Re: Jet Thunder Face Book page on wall - 08/08/12 01:04 AM

Excellent news from Dante on Facebook :

Quote:
working hard people: we found out why JT crashes without explanation on some systems.
so that is another bug fixed (was actually a feature, reasonably speced PC is required.
previously build of JT caused a crash on load without explanation)

Our wonderfully patient publishers, Aerosoft have also been asking when will they get to publish this.
We have replied another 4 months. Broken down into missions development, and flow (UI, scoring, etc)

http://www.facebook.com/JetThunder?ref=stream

Perhaps no tree to eat for Mathijs Kok at a next Christmas. readytoeat
© 2024 SimHQ Forums