homepage

16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests"

Posted By: EagleEye[GER]

16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 08/16/10 12:27 PM

Quote:
Jet Thunder: Falklands/Malvinas Air-to-air mission tests

Sea Harrier FRS.1 intercepting low flying A-4B Skyhawks of the coast of Peeble Island/Falklands/Malvinas islands. The radio comms between Sea Harrier CAP and Royal Navy vessels below aren't ready yet. Argentinean flights are attempting to evade, like they did in the real events, because they didn't had enough spare fuel or air-to-air ordnance to properly fight the Sea Harriers.

Disclaimer: special effects, such as smoke and explosions, are placeholders. Will be completely re-made for final release. Goal here is to test mission functionality from start to end (A.I., weapons, wingmen). The mission is to provide CAP (Combat Air Patrol) for Royal Navy vessels in the Falklands strait.

P.S.: I'm using unlimited weapons and guiding arrow icons in this video, but ended using only 2 missiles and a small amount of 30mm ammo.

http://www.thunder-works.com/news.htm
Posted By: speck01

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 08/16/10 05:37 PM

looks (and sounds) great!
Posted By: enigma6584

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 08/16/10 06:20 PM

Lookin good!
Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 08/16/10 07:00 PM

Awesome!
Posted By: Adrian

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 08/17/10 11:23 AM

This looks great!
Posted By: jeanba

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 08/19/10 04:27 PM

great
Posted By: SC/JG_Oesau

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 08/19/10 10:27 PM

Good to see the progress - hope things are working out in the $ department for you.
Posted By: Jeevz

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 08/20/10 04:23 PM

Always happy to see new stuff from Jet Thunder cheers
Posted By: joey45

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 08/20/10 08:52 PM

Looking fantastic keep it up.
Posted By: jenrick

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 08/28/10 06:30 AM

WOW! Keep it up guys, that looks flat out amazing.

-Jenrick
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 08/31/10 05:21 PM

Looking good, but the cannons still seem a bit off to me. I'm far from an expert, but aren't those twenty-millimeter cannons supposed to have a much higher firing rate? Like several hundred percent faster? Or are they something older and slower than the modern Vulcans?
Posted By: scary_pigeon

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 09/01/10 10:41 AM

yep, the cannons are a bit off. the hud is perhaps not quite aligned. Making changes to that.

Also, adding in clickable pits soon.
Posted By: lbuchele

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 09/01/10 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Benny Moore
Looking good, but the cannons still seem a bit off to me. I'm far from an expert, but aren't those twenty-millimeter cannons supposed to have a much higher firing rate? Like several hundred percent faster? Or are they something older and slower than the modern Vulcans?

I believe that Harriers had a pair of ADEN 30mm cannons instead of a Vulcan 20 mm.
It had a lower rate of fire than Vulcans, but punch harder.
Posted By: arneh

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 09/01/10 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: lbuchele
I believe that Harriers had a pair of ADEN 30mm cannons instead of a Vulcan 20 mm.
It had a lower rate of fire than Vulcans, but punch harder.

Yes, the Sea Harriers had twin 30 mm Aden cannons, with a 1200 rounds per minute firing rate. The later USMC Harrier II replaced those with a single 25 mm GAU-12 (with ammunition in the other pod), with a 3600 rds/min firing rate.
Posted By: scary_pigeon

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 09/06/10 09:43 AM

one interesting thing you guys might not be aware of, that we discovered in our research - bizarrely, the sea harriers cannons had no tracer rounds. So in the game under full re-enactment conditions, there will be no visible tracers.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 16th August video "Air-to-air mission tests" - 09/06/10 12:51 PM

Cool! I find tracers to be misleading, even if the slower round velocity isn't modelled.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums