homepage

Way to go!

Posted By: Baco

Way to go! - 01/05/04 09:04 PM

Cogratulations on your web page people.
Very interesting proyect you got here.
I wish you all the best.

Very, very, very eagerlly waiting on this sim.
Hope you find the support you guys deserve.
Posted By: Fenna

Re: Way to go! - 01/05/04 11:10 PM

Yep can't wait to see this conflict finally depicted in a serious simulation \:\)
Posted By: scary_pigeon

Re: Way to go! - 01/06/04 04:00 AM

ahh. this is nice. simhq has given us a forum on their much respected site.

hopefully this game will be brilliant. it will if I have anything to do with it - and i do \:\) - this project is the best thing I've ever been involved in.
Posted By: Baco

Re: Way to go! - 01/06/04 09:40 PM

Pigeon, very nice to finally meet you.

And I´m very pleased to see things are moving, so far it´s looking awsom. The 3D models are just beautifull, and I love the terrein so far ;\) .
Depicting the brisky waters of the South Atlantic is going to be a challenge thow.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Way to go! - 01/07/04 01:53 PM

Things are looking awesome so far. 'Way to go TW-TEAM!' indeed !

Wow, could be a new golden era of virtual combat flight again. Nah, it's certain ! LOMAC has already hit it off. To follow:

-KOE
-Jet Thunder
-Oleg's BOB
-more ?

WOOOHOOOOOO !!!!
Posted By: Shadowcat

Re: Way to go! - 01/11/04 04:20 PM

scary_pigeon -- I just read your A.I. article, and wondered if you might be interested in other simulation projects which have used neural networks?

Although the genre only requires manoeuvring in two dimensions (well mostly, at least \:\) and hence may not be 100% relevant, I believe that Ratbag have been using neural networks for their dirt-track racing A.I. ever since "Powerslide" (a total of six games released to date), and I would imagine that at least some of the development issues they encountered would be similar to ones that you'll face?

I don't personally know anyone at Ratbag, but if you were interested in talking to them, you could try the following email address from their web site:

info@ratbaggames.com
Posted By: scary_pigeon

Re: Way to go! - 01/11/04 11:25 PM

problem with these AI approaches is that they're hit and miss somewhat.

I spent approx 3 months working on a tedious dead end (though I think I've seen something I can use later).

I developed and massively multiplayer online game called Stevietopia - a strategy game. The idea was that people would play the game and in the background - as payment - run my client which attaches to my AI distributed processing server...

...and at time I got effectively super PC computing power - I am too poor to be able to afford super PC's but can borrow other peoples \:\) far cheaper \:\)

and with this level of processing power, it became clear that the approach I was following was a bit of a dead end - so I'm now going back to 'basics' simpler neural architecture - feedforward nets.

I imagine that racing games that use this sort of cleverness - in general use such networks also.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums