homepage

Counter Strike Global Operations...

Posted By: Magnum

Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/20/12 04:07 PM

comes out Wed for PC, 360, and PS3... 15 bucks...

This trailer was made with the new source video maker thing...

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/20/12 04:08 PM

opps offensive not operations. lol

and free dedicated servers... but I'm not wasting my time anymore. wink

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive_Dedicated_Servers
Posted By: shadylurker

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/21/12 10:16 PM

? It's probably the most skilled/tactical game around, watch matches and watch pug's get rolled.
Posted By: FearlessFrog

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/21/12 10:32 PM

There's a lot of skill involved for sure, and tactics (more individually), but a lot of the games are played without a conscious team plan (other than someone yelling 'Storm mid!' now and again). I love the game, and am getting a serious CS addiction with GO, but it's not the same as a good ArmA or even BF3 squad-play. A lot of kills are reactions, or rather using ears and map knowledge well. It's not a criticism, it's just what it is - a glorious pure shooter.

Disclaimer: I just play Dust2 / Casual (outside a Clan) and can't pull myself away from that - so maybe other maps/modes are less individual..

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/22/12 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog
There's a lot of skill involved for sure, and tactics (more individually), but a lot of the games are played without a conscious team plan (other than someone yelling 'Storm mid!' now and again). I love the game, and am getting a serious CS addiction with GO, but it's not the same as a good ArmA or even BF3 squad-play. A lot of kills are reactions, or rather using ears and map knowledge well. It's not a criticism, it's just what it is - a glorious pure shooter.

Disclaimer: I just play Dust2 / Casual (outside a Clan) and can't pull myself away from that - so maybe other maps/modes are less individual..

yea pub's are pretty random. However In match play / people that know what to do / voice it's for sure reaction/action in a different sense...A flash at a certain doorway followed by a flood of teammates throwing frags in certain directions. My best description of what it is with a real team is rainbow 6 at full speed. I remember playing a match with some random internet friends for the first time; I don't think I saw what was going on after 7 seconds in the match, because these people had a plan. And the plan was to make us blind, haha. I would love it if Simhq would jump on, join a team, and ruin some peoples lives via video games.

Aside from that, (sorry to rant) the number one skill to have is to be aiming where you think the enemy (well their head) will be before you go around that corner. second tip is to flash flash flash and don't lose your momentum or the team is done, especially for the terrorist. last tip, short burst, or single shot.

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/22/12 12:48 AM

gunny and I hooked up today for some teamwork... it can be fun but you need afast trigger/mouse finger too. wink
Posted By: Gunnyhighway

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/22/12 01:43 AM

The graphics are awsome. The Ballistic , Physics and Rof of some weapon i.e. UMP45 are discutable.

In CS source, a great feature was that one or two bullets could bring you down.

So, even if there was no iron sights there was still somehow, a touch of reality. I am sorry to announce that this touch is gone. It is now like BAT2,3,4 etc... you need more than one shot in the head to kill someome, as illustrated in the weapon training part of the game.

I am overall disapointed that the spirit of the original CS has not been transfered. There are now not many features seperating that game from any other shooter out there. SIGH!!!

Today, I read a lot of players comments that they were falling back to CS Source, which I will since the same maps with awsome graphics are available in CS:S. See my post "Counter Strike Global Offensive: Apetizers available.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3606909/Counter_Strike_Global_Offensiv.html#Post3606909

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/22/12 01:58 AM

What modes do you and Magnum play Gunny? I saw there's competitive and casual, plus the newer modes (hostage etc). I got the impression that damage multipliers (one-shot heads) etc was tied to mode?

I kind of skipped CS:S, but I heard that a lot of 1.6'ers never liked it for 'feeling wrong'.

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/22/12 03:45 AM

There was always 2 mode in CS, Hostage or bomb diffusion.

The damage multiplier is not tied to modes, it is the same for entire game and is tied to the weapon you use.

What do you mean by "a lot of 1.6ers never liked it for "feeling wrong"". They never liked what?

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/22/12 04:03 AM

Sorry, I mean the new CS:GO. I see the modes as Classic Casual, Classic Competitive, Arms Race, and Demolition. It seems the the two Classic ones (I've just played Casual) don't vary damage like you said, just things like purchase starting amounts and equipment etc. I don't know if in Classic Casual you can even purchase the Kevlar helmets etc.

As for 1.6 vs Source I'm not completely sure, just that a lot of people stayed with 1.6 as it still seems really popular. I guess a timing thing that once you get to a certain level of competition (leagues etc) then the game might seem off. I never got to that level unfortunately smile

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/22/12 05:11 AM

I never got to that level either.
Posted By: Jeevz

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/22/12 08:34 PM

It's really fun, I never played 1.6 and only played source a little so I'm a bit of a CS nub but it's nice to play an old school style shooter again, so tired of COD rehashes over and over.
Posted By: Evil Flower

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/22/12 10:35 PM

I'm having a blast. What servers are y'all playing on?

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/22/12 10:51 PM

I guess we should all join the SIMHQ steam group, and join one another from there.

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/22/12 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: shadylurker
I guess we should all join the SIMHQ steam group, and join one another from there.

I peeked in the SimHQ steam group and mashed the 'Add Friends' button of names I recognized. Profile name is 'fearlessfrog', but it doesn't mean we're married or anything wink

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/23/12 01:48 AM

Fun game, but starting to annoy me.... I'm carring the bomb and say "got the bomb, clear Bravo", no one does, and say it again and again, someone says, "don't you know CS is really just team deathmatch", lol.

and some of the hit detection/area is F'ed up...

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/23/12 02:21 AM

Yeah, it's random on who you'll get. Sometimes it's hard to leave the voip thing on with some players that are pretty odd lol

The hit detection is strange, but it's deceiving on how the bullet spread goes - the aim point stays still always (unlike most shooters) but the bullets actually climb up as the recoil clicks in. It usually means that people tend to aim for mid-body mass, and then the bullets 'climb up' and get a head-shot. If you crouch for stability then ironically you'll get head-shot a bit more. smile The AK and M4 single first shot is deadly, but after that I'm finding it crazy spray time - with the bullets hard to see. I spent a round or two experimenting with a wall at different distances - it helps show where the bullets are really going, as it sure ain't the aim point smile

I've also seen a few 1 vs 1 new players rotating around each other on full auto, guns blazing away with neither of them hitting anything from about 5 feet out - they think their bullets are going where the aim sight is, but they've climbed up about a foot above the enemies head once they left the trigger down for too long. The real pros (not me, I'm fairly useless) spend a lot of time climbing the mouse down to concentrate fire smile

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/23/12 02:31 AM

I would advise switching to the static, classic crosshair. That way it's easier to remember (for me anyway) that the crosshair only marks the center of the screen, after that it's up to you to control the recoil by learning how much to pull the mouse down for each shot after the first. Every gun is different so it helps to stick with one or two on each side until you get the hang of them. I would recommend the cheaper (famas, galil) and more expensive (ak, m4) ARs as the ones to really get to know.

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/23/12 02:38 AM

Thanks Jeevz, I didn't realize the options had the dynamic/static, classic/default settings - mine was on classic, so must have put it there at sometime or another. thumbsup

I am doing the famas/M4 combo, and loading up with flashbangs (this is in casual classic where money is easier).

Re: Counter Strike Global Operations... - 08/23/12 03:34 AM

I don't like the casual mode because IMO 10v10 is too many for those maps and I like having to purchase kevlar, kits and whatnot. The problem is more players seem to prefer casual because a lot of matches have bots on both teams in classic comp frown
© 2024 SimHQ Forums