homepage

I know that HPS games aren't discussed here much but....

Posted By: tahoman

I know that HPS games aren't discussed here much but.... - 03/10/08 03:30 AM

I know that this crowd doesn't spend a whole lot of time discussing HPS games but this one is going to be exciting for anyone who is into either Texas history or battles involving future Civil War generals..."The Mexican-American War", which will also include a campaign for the Texas War of Independence". I've already pre-ordered mine, as there are so few games which cover this era in history. Here's the link if you're interested....

http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/products/RifMusk/MexAm/mexam.html
Posted By: Grunt0331

Re: I know that HPS games aren't discussed here much but.... - 03/10/08 09:59 PM

You should visit http://www.wargamer.com - if you don't already...

Re: I know that HPS games aren't discussed here much but.... - 03/11/08 12:55 AM

Thanks for the info and I already visit there. I wanted to post the info for any SimHQ'ers who hadn't heard about this yet.
Posted By: Torquatus

Re: I know that HPS games aren't discussed here much but.... - 03/13/08 11:19 AM

Thanks for the heads up, tahoman!
Posted By: the village idiot

Re: I know that HPS games aren't discussed here much but.... - 03/30/08 09:09 PM

If they made their games more easily available I might own more than just SB: Vietnam, which I bought used off someone. They need to get with the program and go digital download because I am not buying games that I have to ship across the border.
Posted By: fearlesslds

Re: I know that HPS games aren't discussed here much but.... - 04/02/08 12:11 AM

Thanks . Any news on new CW games ? Any thoughts on one from History channel . Bullrun.

Re: I know that HPS games aren't discussed here much but.... - 04/02/08 03:28 AM

I don't own any of their ACW titles yet, but they did release a game covering the Battle of Antietam at the same time that they released Mexican-American War.
Posted By: Hentzau

Re: I know that HPS games aren't discussed here much but.... - 04/02/08 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: fearlesslds
Thanks . Any news on new CW games ? Any thoughts on one from History channel . Bullrun.

The Bull Run(Take Command: 1861 Bull Run) you're talking about is by http://www.madminutegames.com and it's outstanding. There is also a second game in the series called "Take Command: Second Manassas" which is outstanding as well. Second game is published under Paradox. Both of those are single player only, but with outstanding AI. Sort of the opposite of HPS civil war games which have pbem, but poor AI.
Posted By: fearlesslds

Re: I know that HPS games aren't discussed here much but.... - 04/07/08 12:09 AM

Thanks Hentzau , What is pbem . I have Bull Run but never played it yet since my new comp is Windows Excel and don't think it will play it . Glad to hear about the second game . There was a first person shooter coming out . Any opinion on it ?
Posted By: Veta

Re: I know that HPS games aren't discussed here much but.... - 04/07/08 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: fearlesslds
What is pbem
Play By EMail, a multiplayer mode.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums