homepage

Review: Battlefield 2

Posted By: citizen guod

Review: Battlefield 2 - 07/20/05 02:17 AM

Guest Writer Chuck "Magnum MGG" Ankenbauer reviews the latest installment in the EA series, Battlefield 2. Read here: http://www.simhq.com/_land/fps_022a.html
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Review: Battlefield 2 - 07/21/05 03:35 PM

I like the direction they went with the MP stuff.

I find it amazing that they decided to actually REMOVE coop play and totally screw over the SP gamer with no flying available.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Review: Battlefield 2 - 07/21/05 04:00 PM

I have been corrected on the flying in SP... I didn't test SP that much, my bad.

There is flying in single player.
Posted By: BlackMage11

Re: Review: Battlefield 2 - 07/21/05 04:16 PM

Dalian Plant has a helicopter.
Posted By: Drawde

Re: Review: Battlefield 2 - 07/21/05 06:08 PM

Many of the 16-player SP maps have helicopters, both gunships and transports, however there are only a couple of maps which have fixed-wing aircraft. Operation Clean Sweep is one.

This forum http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~bf42players/ might be of interest to anyone who plays BF2 (or the other games in the BF series) offline or co-op, there are a number of mods in development to expand the SP maps to 32 and 64-player size. Most of them are very rough/unfinished at the minute, but hopefully more polished and playable ones will be released in the future.
Posted By: Dlink

Re: Review: Battlefield 2 - 07/21/05 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by guod:
Guest Writer Chuck "Magnum MGG" Ankenbauer reviews the latest installment in the EA series, Battlefield 2. Read here: http://www.simhq.com/_land/fps_022a.html
I read your review. Did I miss the section about the poor implemenation of the server browser.

Re: Review: Battlefield 2 - 07/21/05 08:03 PM

no, but you did miss where others, like you, (I have read your past post) have problems with it and other problems.

I for one have no problem with the in-game browser, especially since I know my IP's I play on.

Unfortunately, a review is the reviewers opinions and thoughts, not a community review, that would be where a forum post would be. IMO.
Posted By: Dlink

Re: Review: Battlefield 2 - 07/22/05 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Magnum MGG:
no, but you did miss where others, like you, (I have read your past post) have problems with it and other problems.

I for one have no problem with the in-game browser, especially since I know my IP's I play on.

Unfortunately, a review is the reviewers opinions and thoughts, not a community review, that would be where a forum post would be. IMO.
Are you telling me that it updates fast, you can scroll fast and it doesn't drop servers when you refresh OR worse it doesn't get rid of all the servers when you refresh.

Re: Review: Battlefield 2 - 07/22/05 01:02 AM

thats what I'm telling you, as far as I can tell... it takes about 30 seconds to fully update for me, I haven't noticed any dropped servers, but like I said, I only look for three servers that I play on, and I have never gotten rid of all servers when refreshed...

the only 2 damn things that bother me with the in game browser is: 1) My Norton's AV software, always tabs in to ask if I want to permit it, and 2) I wish it had a buddy/favorite server list.

I can't ding a game on review for something I don't experience or see.

You can do a review and send it in, see if they will publish your second opinion.
Posted By: Hunedog

Re: Review: Battlefield 2 - 07/22/05 01:49 AM

Personally I use the filters to grab the 64 Player games Only and If I know the IP# Like TacticalGamer's Server then I just use that option. Saves a ton of time for me. The Best ranked servers IMHO are:
1)Gamecenters Servers east or west are the Best I've Played on.
2)Divo.nets Servers
3)ZBoards are hit & miss sometimes good sometimes bad.
4)Alienware has one thats ok.

Having said that the game has it's niggles and bugs but overall the most fun I've ever had online. Up until this game Air Base Assault from EA's Fighters Anthology was my favorite online experience followed by Rainbow Six (The Original),Papyrus's Nascar series then IL2/FB/PF.
Posted By: Tim Canada

Re: Review: Battlefield 2 - 07/22/05 04:59 AM

Quote:
My Norton's AV software, always tabs in to ask if I want to permit it,
Me too.

I have the in game browser heavily filtered so it doesn't take long at all.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Review: Battlefield 2 - 07/22/05 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hunedog:
Personally I use the filters to grab the 64 Player games Only and If I know the IP# Like TacticalGamer's Server then I just use that option. Saves a ton of time for me. The Best ranked servers IMHO are:
1)Gamecenters Servers east or west are the Best I've Played on.
2)Divo.nets Servers
3)ZBoards are hit & miss sometimes good sometimes bad.
4)Alienware has one thats ok.

Having said that the game has it's niggles and bugs but overall the most fun I've ever had online. Up until this game Air Base Assault from EA's Fighters Anthology was my favorite online experience followed by Rainbow Six (The Original),Papyrus's Nascar series then IL2/FB/PF.
You do realise it's pretty pointless to post servers as people from other countries don't care.
Posted By: Hunedog

Re: Review: Battlefield 2 - 07/22/05 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by hARDCAMPa:

"You do realise it's pretty pointless to post servers as people from other countries don't care."

Are you speaking for the International BF2 Community hARDCAMPa? Have you tried these servers? How about find your favorite servers and stick with them. Does that work for you? :p
Posted By: bisher

Re: Review: Battlefield 2 - 07/22/05 05:54 PM

...and there are those from other planets,who care even less. ;\)
© 2024 SimHQ Forums