homepage

Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works

Posted By: Daskal

Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/08/21 09:16 PM

For tose of you interested in WW2 tank sims and Panzer Elite in particular I just wanted to get the word out that there is a new version of the mod/expansion in the works.

- further changes to sound effects
- visual updates to several units
- bug fixes from previous versions
- additional scenarios (if I can figure out the sce editor)

I'll be posting screens and videos to this thread - here is a short clip with the King Tigers having received some additional facelift along with sound updates:

https://youtu.be/AqcsYzgv_ac

Attached picture 0.jpg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/08/21 09:38 PM

Tigers near Prohorovka - using additional 3D details/objects by Murkz

Attached picture 0.jpg
Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg
Posted By: RedOneAlpha

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/08/21 09:51 PM

Thanks Daskal!

I don´t know if it´s me but it looks like they have smoothen out the terrain a bit, it looks alot better now. At least it seems that way to me.

This is a video I did 3 years ago and the terrain looks more jagged...

Best tank sim after Steel Beast IMHO smile2

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/09/21 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Red2112
Thanks Daskal!

I don´t know if it´s me but it looks like they have smoothen out the terrain a bit, it looks alot better now. At least it seems that way to me.

This is a video I did 3 years ago and the terrain looks more jagged...

Best tank sim after Steel Beast IMHO smile2

were you using the Beta version or 2.0 of Ostpak Redux?

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/10/21 12:40 AM

Updated Tiger models - Winter setting

Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 0.jpg
Posted By: 33lima

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/10/21 01:15 AM

Great stuff, looking forward to this!

One minor gripe is that early-model Tigers Is (with the 'dustbin' cupola) didn't have a mount for an AA MG34. While the 'vision cupola' on later Tiger Is and the King Tiger certainly did, the MG seems to have been usually fitted only on the march and rarely if ever in battle...plus as can be seen in the video clip, its barrel sort of gets in the way of the view.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/10/21 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by 33lima
Great stuff, looking forward to this!

One minor gripe is that early-model Tigers Is (with the 'dustbin' cupola) didn't have a mount for an AA MG34. While the 'vision cupola' on later Tiger Is and the King Tiger certainly did, the MG seems to have been usually fitted only on the march and rarely if ever in battle...plus as can be seen in the video clip, its barrel sort of gets in the way of the view.

The AAMG is an optional add-on. By default it does not appear on the Tigers - you have to enable it as an add-on during the mission briefing screen/fitting out your platoon. I just put it in for the screenshots.

Here is the default view:

Attached picture 1.jpg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/10/21 11:05 AM

Looks much better!
Posted By: RedOneAlpha

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/10/21 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Daskal
were you using the Beta version or 2.0 of Ostpak Redux?

The Beta version if I recall correctly. It´s been so years now sorry.

Red
Posted By: Vox

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/13/21 02:59 PM

Thanks Daskal and Murtz PE keeps getting better. This is something to look forward too. One thing that always pulls me back to PE is that in the sim you have tactical control over a platoon of tanks rather than a single. This aspect of the gameplay, and not necessarily the graphics is what pulls me in.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/20/21 02:20 AM

... oh yeah and how about a facelift for Normandy setting, and well frankly how about getting in some detailed models and textures - check it out:

Attached picture 0.jpg
Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/21/21 01:11 AM

Wittmans Final battle - Tiger 007 (009 , 312, 314 set as wingmen)

Attached picture wittman PE_2.jpg
Posted By: Wodin

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/21/21 05:06 PM

Wish I could play that well. I get hammered every time I try and play. I find the orders to other tanks too limited and though realistic the restricted camera views very difficult. Before I know it every tank is scrap. Though orders for other tanks in SF is non existent I find I can last abit longer playing that game than this one.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/21/21 08:39 PM

Hi Wodin, you realise that you can allow an external view in PE's difficulty options during the mission briefing process? The camera control is somewhat different but I find it provided situational awareness as god as SF's. Plus you can switch to controlling any tank in your platoon, and usually, call down artillery or mortar fire. As in either sim, difficulty is liable to be down to how challenging the mission builder decides to make things. As for platoon command and control, PE seems particularly good in that respect, much better than SF (which is limited but not non-existent, albeit nearly everything that you can do has to be done from the F8 map).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached picture gameProject 2021-02-10 22-29-18-35.jpg
Attached picture gameProject 2021-02-10 19-26-35-34.jpg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/22/21 04:53 AM

Thanks, yes I use the outside view, it's just not being able to zoom out etc I find difficult. I need to spend more time with it and get into the manual!

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/24/21 12:44 AM

Thanks to Murkz new object are being created for the various models - in this case a previously missing front piece from the Tiger I model - new "bumpers"

Attached picture 0.jpg
Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Posted By: Brit44 'Aldo'

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/25/21 09:07 PM

Alt plus the arrow keys and alt plus page up/down keys moves the camera in external view. This feature is disabled in multi-player.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/26/21 12:03 AM

Normandy with weather and a platoon of Tigers

Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg
Attached picture 4.jpg
Attached picture 5.jpg
Attached picture 6.jpg
Attached picture 7.jpg
Attached picture 8.jpg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/26/21 08:48 AM

Looking good! However, I hope the loader hatch and loader figure animation is separate from the tank commander. The TC needs to be able to fight 'heads out' as illustrated, but when the TC is 'heads out', the loader should be buttoned up and his hatch closed. The model needs to prioritise combat conditions, not a route march.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/26/21 11:19 AM

Looking good! However, I hope the loader hatch and loader figure animation is separate from the tank commander. The TC needs to be able to fight 'heads out' as illustrated, but when the TC is 'heads out', the loader should be buttoned up and his hatch closed. The model needs to prioritise combat conditions, not a route march.

Yes this is one thing I have to check with Aldo in terms of how this is triggered. TC should remain heads out and loader button up once engagmenet starts. Right now these are set to different attributes (loader and commander) - but how that is interpreted in game is another thing.
The great thing about PE is that you can have wingemen variations for a particular unit (5 in total). Take a platoon for example - the loader will be unbuttoned for the 2nd tank only - for the rest the hatch might be open but loader is down.

Again I hope we can work around this, because we have the models, and its just looks lively when doing a roadmarch and the loader pops out as well.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/28/21 11:15 AM

The Early version of the Tiger one will receive a detailed overhaul as well - work in progress:

Attached picture 1.jpg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 03/05/21 01:47 AM

WIP version of the early Tiger at Kursk

Attached picture 0.jpg
Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 03/10/21 12:21 AM

Progress is being made with the Tiger I:

Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg
Attached picture 4.jpg
Attached picture 5.jpg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 03/13/21 02:08 AM

Video about the new Tiger models:

https://youtu.be/Ad4nmkdIkLA

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 04/16/21 11:44 PM

https://youtu.be/JZLxPdwvsBg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 04/17/21 11:08 AM

Outstanding!
Posted By: Stratos

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 04/30/21 12:53 PM

Amazing work!!

Will we see a more greener version of the Shermans? more in the line of Normandy green?
Posted By: Spacebar

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/04/21 05:00 PM

Hi, can't get Panzer Elite installed on my Windows 7 PC - just get an error about unInstallShield. Deleting all instances of this IsUninst doesn't make a difference as it just gets re-installed. Any advice?

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/08/21 11:28 PM

Any way to get AA working?

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/10/21 05:33 AM

Player AA was a planned feature by Wings, but no code was ever written for it, so you have no way to fire a 4th gun.

A modder could create this, but only for units where the AA gun is the main gun. I have successfully played US HT and scout cars where the only weapon was the 50 cal. I believe the code for Ostpak Redux 2.0 has the fix for no MG ammo for main guns, but I forget. The last I was working on was a playable, MG armed, unit. The problem was that the gun only had one round of ammo. The menu exe required a fix, and proper CSV data.

biggrin I always thought it would be fun to MP M20s Vs 222s. Aim of the 50 cal is faster and still deadly to the 222. The 20mm auto cannon of the 222 can shred an M20

Sorry Spacebar, I still use XP and am quite content with it smile though I still prefer Win98.. Some posts on GOG's forum state that setting the compatibility of the exe to Win98 may work. The mod self installer does not work in Win 10, you have to extract the files manually. You can copy and paste the core game, IF you have a proper, system registry entry. Make sure your antivirus is off when using old school installers. Also, make sure your antivirus allows the install program to run. Even with XP I have found that I must "allow" some downloaded exe to run.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/12/21 05:56 PM

Cross wires:) I meant Anti Aliasing:)

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/12/21 08:14 PM

Re: Win 7 . Im running PE SE from GOG on a Win 7/64 bit Desktop. The GOG version is worth getting because its already patched to v1.2. After DL the files from GOG, I ran the PE installer with full administrator rights and set compatibility to XP service pack 2. I installed PE outside windows "Program Files "folder, ie Install directly To a hard disk eg C:\Panzer Elite. I installed mine to a secondary SSD. You also need to ensure you have DX9c installed in your system for PE.

After initially testing that PE worked ok, I installed the OstPak Redux 2.0 mod following the pdf instructions. I few minor tweaks and it runs this classic with a whole new look -great.

i3-6320 , AsRockZ270 MB, 16GB DDR4, SSDs, Geforce GTX1660, Win 7 Home / 64 bit. PE at 1920x1080 32bpp

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/13/21 01:53 AM

Bought the GOG version, installed Ostpak and it works smile

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/13/21 05:40 PM

That''s Great news Spacebar. Thanks for confirming it works. FYI: PE + Ostpak also works with Win10/64bit.

Re: Shermans . They look a whole lot better in Ostpak Redux 2.0 as compared to default as do many other vehicles. Also gameplay and tech is generally improved thanks to Aldo and the efforts of many others-See credits.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/13/21 11:43 PM

My goodness, this a lot more difficult than when I first played it around 20 years ago on Window 98! I have to learn everything again haha. Even in the Villers Bocage scenario Wittman's tiger gets shot up in no time and I can never see where from. Bit like it really was I guess. Fun though...

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/14/21 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Vox
Re: Win 7 . Im running PE SE from GOG on a Win 7/64 bit Desktop. The GOG version is worth getting because its already patched to v1.2. After DL the files from GOG, I ran the PE installer with full administrator rights and set compatibility to XP service pack 2. I installed PE outside windows "Program Files "folder, ie Install directly To a hard disk eg C:\Panzer Elite. I installed mine to a secondary SSD. You also need to ensure you have DX9c installed in your system for PE.

After initially testing that PE worked ok, I installed the OstPak Redux 2.0 mod following the pdf instructions. I few minor tweaks and it runs this classic with a whole new look -great.

i3-6320 , AsRockZ270 MB, 16GB DDR4, SSDs, Geforce GTX1660, Win 7 Home / 64 bit. PE at 1920x1080 32bpp

Good post!
MichaelY went through all the patches from 1.05 through 1.2. He found a few minor emissions between patches. My quick search at www.tapatalk.com/groups/pedg for his post failed, but the info should be there or at his website. Search it out if you wish. If you review his post about the patch (it's been years since I last read it), you will know the bits he found. If there is something that was not fixed in the mod you are playing, you can add those bits' by right clicking on PE patch installers. You can extract the files to a temp folder. Find the files you need and determine if they interfere with the mods you use. If not, add them to the mod, or add them to the base files and re-enable the mods.

Wodin,
AA can be enabled with your video card settings.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/14/21 07:03 AM

Can anybody tell me how to access the options/control menu for settings? I've dusted off my old joystick and the buttons work ok but the handle doesn't move the tank. Not that that is a big issue as I've got used to using keyboard commands for games but still I'd like to know...

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/14/21 11:12 AM

With Ostpak installed I'm immediately thrown into the game selection with the only options being Instant Action, Single Scenario, Campaign, Multiplayer and Credits. Looking outside the game only seems to have the 3D Control Center which only changes graphics and sound. How do I change the keyboard settings?
Posted By: olfnarr_LoXEn

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/14/21 05:01 PM

I had this same problem, (probably still do, not played in quite some time) I recall it has something to do with some UI file and resolutions settings, i could get the options button to appear and lose one of the others.

Sadly I can't remember what file or setting nor where I read what to do, let's hope this is enough of a clue for someone more knowledgeable to provide a more complete answer.

:^)

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/14/21 07:48 PM

Spacebar. In the initial screen You should see "Options" listed between Multiplayer and Credits. Please confirm that you playing PE with the "Ostpak Redux version 2.0" mod by Daskal. I ask this because there are other earlier versions of "Ostpak" out there that are not the same.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/14/21 08:28 PM

Vox, no I don't see options there. The file I d/led was called Ostpak Redux 2.0 from Daskal's thread here Ostpak v2.0 . Please provide a link to the latest version of Ostpak. Thanks.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/14/21 10:03 PM

OK, Correct. Ostpak Redux 2.0 is the recent mod AFAIK. There also should have also been a .pdf instruction giving you directions how to install.

Assuming everything installed according to the instructions. Go to your main PE folder. You will need to set Compatibility to Win 98 or XP SP2 to the following 5 executable files by right clicking on each and selecting Properties\Compatibility. You must run each as "administrator" . ( My setting are shown in brackets () )

Panzer_Elite.exe(XP service pack 2)
mymenu.exe. (set win95)
Mod_Enabler.exe (XP service pack 2)
gameproject.exe (Win 95)
3d_Control_Center.exe (XP service pack 3)

Hope this helps.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/14/21 11:26 PM

Woo hoo that worked, Vox, and now suddenly the joystick can control the turret. I have options! Will experiment some more ....thanks very much! smile

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/17/21 12:19 AM

A little info for you about the exes:

Panzer_Elite.exe is the code loop that ties the others together. It is written in C++.

mymenu.exe is the program that runs the 2D player menu. It is written in C++. I think it still has some memory allocation issues, and does still have some flaws for ultimate mod-ability. Most noted is the one round for player MG main gun.

Mod_Enabler.exe is a file copy program. There are other freeware programs that do the same thing. What is unique about it is that reads notes the mod maker set in the mod's ini file. I added a little to this for Nordic, so there are 2 versions. Written in C++, but simple code.

gameproject.exe is the oldest file in PE. There is even a note in the code where it started from a DirectX demo for Win95. Setting comparability to Win95 makes seance. It is what handles the chance for 2D menu to 3D simulation. It is written in C.

3d_Control_Center.exe is the program used to set the hardware parameters used the 3D sides of the game. If you text edit specific files, you do not need it. There are two versions. I added a data mask to allow the later version to work with video cards with greater then 0xFFFFFFFF of memory. The code is written in C++

Panzer Elite was originally coded using Watcom 10.0 compiler. The Scenario Editor was built with Borland C builder 1.0. All tools are written in C. The original code requires early (old school) C compilers to open the projects.

L&L did the work to go from patch 1.07F to PESE 1.0. Nordic asked me to create mod installers that did not require the built in mod script engine that L&L added to PESE 1.0. There script engine is still in the code. It can be enabled by changing a line in PE_MENUSYSTEM(dot)INI: Enable_ModScripts=0 vs Enable_ModScripts=1.

Markus was/is a genius! He was so close to 1999 nirvana when Sony pulled the plug. What 99% of what players never see is the undocumented features of the Scenario Editor and the planned, but unfinished, features of Panzer Elite.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/17/21 06:24 AM

Thanks for the additional documentation, Aldo, very interesting. I'm thinking that Daskal could perhaps include the solutions that Vox outlined in the Ostpak Redux 2.0 manual if a new version comes out.

At some point I would like to have a go at creating or editing scenarios myself but that may be beyond my skills. I spend a lot of time doing this in the Battlefront Combat Mission game - probably more fun for me than actually playing the actual game haha

I found ScenarioEditor.exe in the install but clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything for me. I did a search of the PE install folder but found nothing that I could make sense of.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/18/21 05:08 AM

Spacebar,
I hope Daskal will.

At the moment, I am not up to the task of Scenario Editor in Win 10. I would like to do this project, here in SimHQ forums. CM was my go to relaxation until I found War in the West. Perhaps you could entice me to return to the internet for aid with the SE. The SE has many flaws, but can do more then you think in original and PE-x rendering engines. But, she is a time stealing #%&*$#.

Most "editing" can be done with text editing. The SE is only required to create the landscape. I wrote a tool for reading the SE's SCN files with Delphi 7. If I put it on google, you can find the link in the tapitalk forum. If I put it on Brit44.com, I will need to re-upload it.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/18/21 07:06 AM

Aldo,
As a Brit myself your mods are my favourite. The Brit 5 Crossroads scenario in particular as I get to pilot a Firefly which is the one I want wink

BTW I remember playing the Dampierre scenario back in the day but it was in daylight whereas this seems to be in the black of night which I just can't play when I can't see anything!

For CM I like to recreate historical scenarios so I'm working on the battles of the 50th Northumbrian Div against Panzer Lehr, with supporting units, in the days after the landings - Tilly-Sur-Seulles, Lingevres, Verrieres, La Senaudiere, St Pierre, Cristot etc based on research material.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/19/21 05:54 AM

Spacebar,
I am not a Brit. I have lived my entire life on the north fence line of PTK.

The original members of PEDG (I am not one, though I was there at the decision), decided that the best efforts were to create British action in 1944. Thus Brit44. I am a difficult person to interact with, thus the 'Aldo'. No forums allow Brit44_swearword. wink plus my real name is s Celtic name for stone.

SgtMajorRebel (SteveP) created the cross roads scenario. He also created the firing range used by every mod. A true Armored fan that lives near there national museum. I did use the SE to change the texture tiles, but that is all that I did. All credit goes to SteveP. Unfortunately, I have not talked to him in years. I hope he is well.

PEx scenario darkness is dynamic by the time of day. You have 2 ways to change this. The first is to change the time of day in the SCN file. smile There is a sun set and a sun rise in PEx, though it is hard to see if the clouds are heavy. Slomo (respect my gone friend), had me add a minimum lighting to the game engine. It has been a while since I published this information in the PEDG forums, and I could be mistaken, but if you search PE_Game(dot)ini for DARKEN=, then you can set the minimum lighting level. That could be the min he had me add for the 3D cockpits. I do not remember. The rules were published to the PEDG forum when the code was released. If I am wrong, you simply need to search there.

biggrin I have just cleared the invasion peninsula, with the exception of Cherbourg, in my third run through of the grand campaign for War in the West. I decided to let Cherbourg wither on the vine, though, I need that 5x port. I am a little late, it is August. But Monty and Patton have cleared even the Alps of Italy. The Free French own the Riviera, and the southern Canadians are expanding tword "the gap" that borders France, Germany, and Switzerland. Supplies are at a premium there, but Monty and Patton need the rail repair units. Thank goodness for C47s

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/19/21 06:20 AM

I would love to see you learn the SE and release your work for PE. The AI logic released with the SE is a bit lacking, but Ivor showed me many flaws. It has been years since I worked on the SE, but the improvements I made are in my version of the SE and PEx. wink I think you both will agree that it needs more work.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/20/21 12:42 AM

Aldo I think you are Canadian, right? I think we had some chats on your PEDG site many centuries ago..

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/20/21 05:32 AM

Canada is South East of PTK. It's a funny, little geography joke for us "Trolls" that live under the bridge.

We could have had a chat. I was not so guarded in my youth. A few people that took code access and ran have tanned my hide much more brittle.

WayCool was the point man for PEDG, and Canadian. When he joined the rest of the original members to beta test SteelBeasts, he gave me the keys to the original forum. I jokingly curse him since wink He was/is a very good person, afflicted with a disease. If he has passed in these 20 ( eek2 ) years, I hope he knew how unique and good person he was. I was not kind to any PEDG member in those days. neaner , they must have been desperate for 3D modelers.

I joined PEDG after the initial release. I complained about EVERYTHING that did not match my dream for a true sim like Falcon 3.0 for Armoured WWII.

DarkAngel was our programmer back then. He was in competition with L&L for a perceived job with Wings Simulations. I still regret not taking him up on his offer to help on his ranch in Perth. ChuckD joined the group about the time JoWood took control of the source code. Teut had already released it to us modders that wanted it. ChuckD and his brilliant friend Arthur are the ones that showed me how to code.

biggrin I should shut up, or this goes on for hours. Slomo is the one I miss the most. I miss your friendship Chris!

[img]https://attachment.tapatalk-cdn.com/1220/202108/1758528_a3bd363b661b2a6750b9892f5432e6d2.jpg?Expires=1629700125&Signature=XsTrRLV0r5cmQqYLaxhbAynJhZg6obCrr6WhNi9sPM6dGtbgLj1~OneVCDTTY3Y3KC5Uvjg4wqPw9t6pEENpMbH3fiX3AYPp768fG8~nnniaJKjl2mMS3tW-lDl~qGWs6np48-1RTkyS2efITvHYydzeECIpYdelZhEziYu0dvYrcqn7Ku6KTwraeN3KopgDg4s-30Amvzb3bGD7s4P8OHtKntZOBDPjbBTgmcptw3ElMYbusNYCjT4v74y4uNJU2FU3B~0npfEhsO0ogbOwdZfoDKF9lNZD9bzds9pFrR4wROn3nBtK7ltbsOzsX2M~rysq3sbxurqMuIhG0SoBEg__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJS72YROXJYGYDADA[/img [img]https://attachment.tapatalk-cdn.com/1220/202108/1758528_42c9efd3cf05f1b50fc86ec45d396410.jpg?Expires=1629700149&Signature=HAOTqBNf2qFgTBCPPn1MZFplL0OhMaL5gXSxuS~Q0xlJKsU1c5nKXWtt~IbhlvbEnMxjcuYtTadTmg1ysaoxM8P~9ggQFe2e3EZUxJVrCoewhzBlQox1rq80FpxKypmjtn7ErMkyevwF~pf1Lkyph4lFEQaVGgHI5SYfs-cvEJz1TnWiTnbaMHKDss3rPoQFllKQ98y2FLGnfF1TasKfXP6sa5fGDq7HOEtKJ4F6SiF~Hx7jb3YGwox6yR-f1tYh0LiTIx0uPHNX3fYt5lNkSFlGZdwiCaNduWsUH2sFMan0xjrEnGlWqhFNmBtlVwb5kM29uDsdO1s0n6x0kItRQg__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJS72YROXJYGYDADA[/img] ]

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 08/26/21 04:34 AM

I brought my dead mother's, brand new in Dec 20, Dell home last weekend. I have spent the last 5 days studying Win10. I am here to say that there is NO way in hell (heck) that I will ever write a program for such an intrusive operating system. IF! I do anything more for PE, it will be for Linux. At least there, they are honest about the exposure of your information and habits. All PEx based support by me is ended for Win10. This includes MY's Torch and MvR (sorry MY, if you choose that POS operating system, I will not help), as well as PP2x and Ostpak Redux.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 10/16/21 03:54 PM

Winter models are getting a facelift as well - here is the new early Tiger in Winter camo

Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 4.jpg
Attached picture 5.jpg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 10/23/21 11:47 PM

Late Tiger winter version

Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg
Attached picture 4.jpg
Attached picture 5.jpg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 10/25/21 01:17 PM

Looking very good! I could only suggest reducing the depth of the rim around the commander's hatch on the early Tiger, so that it looks flat and not like a saucepan from the inside.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/01/21 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Stratos
Amazing work!!

Will we see a more greener version of the Shermans? more in the line of Normandy green?

Bump!!

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/01/21 12:46 PM

Early shot of Tiger 2 in ambusch pattern - still WIP - lot of missing parts, but gives you a rough idea

Attached picture 1.jpg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/01/21 12:48 PM

Amazing work!!

Bump!!

Yes its on the list - I'm not fond of the brownish look either,

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/01/21 01:13 PM

Thanks Daskal, looking forward to see some pics!

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/01/21 11:02 PM

Kampfgruppe Peiper somewhere in the Ardennes

Attached picture 0.jpg
Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg
Attached picture 4.jpg
Attached picture 5.jpg
Attached picture 6.jpg
Attached picture 7.jpg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/02/21 05:11 AM

Stratos,
I think Daskal is the only one working on PE work for release. I doubt you will ever see a new Sherman from these moders. There only interest is the East. But, we should all wish them well with there hobby.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/02/21 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Brit44 'Aldo'
Stratos,
I think Daskal is the only one working on PE work for release. I doubt you will ever see a new Sherman from these moders. There only interest is the East. But, we should all wish them well with there hobby.

In terms of Ostpak Redux the overhaul of the Shermans is definiately on the to-do-list. The focus has been heavily on the eastern front so far, but as you can see from the above Ardennes screenshot western front is in scope as well.

The good news is that as part of PP2-X new models have already been made for the M3/M4 which I can incorporate/further update as part of Ostpak Redux. To give you a rough idea of "development" pipeline:

- I'm currently wrapping up Tiger I - II updates - planned to release this Christmas
- next is the Panzer IV & variants to be udpated
- M3/M4 after that

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/02/21 05:07 PM

I like the eastern front as well, but those Shermans really need an update. Good to see Daskal is still working on the game. Is there a Discord for PE so it's easier to follow development?

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/02/21 06:51 PM

I like the eastern front as well, but those Shermans really need an update. Good to see Daskal is still working on the game. Is there a Discord for PE so it's easier to follow development?

Yes we have - see details here:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/pedg/discord-t2605.html

Updates and goodies are shared here more frequently.

As for the Shermans - I'll move it up the priority list. Once I have wrapped up the Tigers (december) they will be next.

cheers

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/03/21 02:26 PM

Thanks Daskal, but the invitation is not valid.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/03/21 10:32 PM

Thanks Daskal, but the invitation is not valid.

use this one instead:

https://discord.gg/rzwh77WY
Posted By: murkz

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/03/21 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Brit44 'Aldo'
Stratos,

I'm still here Aldo helping Daskal where and if I can. I hope you are keeping well my old friend.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/03/21 11:43 PM

I think this one is good to go:

Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/06/21 01:51 AM

King Tigers with Ambusch camo in action:
https://youtu.be/EfA3Z_qyiJE

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/08/21 12:11 AM

Winter:

Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 11/23/21 06:03 AM

Winter model update:

https://youtu.be/e78MqiPQBto

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 12/24/21 01:21 AM

Ostpak Redux version 2.2 is available for testing (I will do a proper release with readme etc. during the next week - this is a quick and dirty versio if you want to try it out)

It can be enabled over an existing Ostpak Redux 2.0 installation. In case you are doing a fresh Panzer Elite install follow these steps:

1. Download the manual/readme first (Ostpak Redux 2.0)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=191vIqk0e9iGfjd3zeztd11SnwtKiaP_-

2. Download the new Modenabler: (you wont be able to activate the mod without it) (Ostpak Redux 2.0)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B8_-Qjrljkblk3fr8YrWQSAqSPsYOKUn/view?usp=sharing

3. Download the mod itself (2.6 GB) (Ostpak Redux 2.0)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EQkG8tj0oPenjZ5tlHYbuXUvw6QHmK8m

4. Download OstpaK Redux 2.2 update (Ostpak Redux 2.2)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tHuCHpFEL_jIBmN642hLIJUXNT4qJJpK/view?usp=sharing

Installation steps:

1. Do a fresh install of Panzer Elite (suggest to use GoG SE version)
2. Download & replace the mod enabler with the one included here
3. Download Ostpak_Redux 2.0.zip - extract it's contents into the Mod folder
4. Run Mod_enabler - activate Ostpak Redux 2.0 (will take a couple of minutes to finish)
5. Download Ostpak Redux Tiger update - extract it's content into the Mode folder
6. Run Mod_enabler - activate Ostpak Redux 2.2 (make sure Ostpak Redux 2.0 is already enabled!)
7. Run 3D_Control_Center & configure your graphichs
8. Launch the game and enjoy!
9. Adjust controls if necessary - it will currently use my custom control mapping

What has changed?

This update is focusing on updating Tiger I and II models in CustomA (Easternfront - non winter) CustomC (winter) and Normandy environments.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 12/24/21 11:54 AM

Thanks Daskal, downloading now!

I'm getting a 404 error on the mod enabler link. I already have the April 2017 version - is that the one I need?
Posted By: rwatson

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 12/24/21 10:43 PM

Daskal is the GOG version ok to install this to ??

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 12/24/21 11:03 PM

Thanks Daskal, downloading now!

I'm getting a 404 error on the mod enabler link. I already have the April 2017 version - is that the one I need?

Yes its the same - I have fixed the link in my previous post. Thx for the heads-up.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 12/24/21 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by rwatson
Daskal is the GOG version ok to install this to ??

Yes thats the best version to use - in case of a fresh install:

1. Install GoG version first
2. Download Ostpak Redux 2.0
3. Download & put new mod enabler file into your panzer elite folder
4. Enable Ostpak Redux 2.0
5. Download Ostpak Redux 2.2 update
6. Enable Ostpak Redux 2.2 update

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 12/24/21 11:16 PM

Thank you Daskal I'll get working on it in the morning.It looks great,Nice work

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 12/29/21 10:46 PM

Was anyone able to get it running? I had no play testers so to speak. Its working at my end just fine, but would like to check/confirm with at least a couple of persons that its running before I do a proper release.
Posted By: Anti-Bürger 1

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 12/31/21 10:39 AM

So far so good - haven't had any issues yet.

Though I was a little surprised that the let's say ugly version of the King-Tiger still remained in the german map of "Minsk".

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 12/31/21 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Anti-Bürger 1
So far so good - haven't had any issues yet.

Though I was a little surprised that the let's say ugly version of the King-Tiger still remained in the german map of "Minsk".

The difficult thing with Panzer Elite is that in terms of textures and models it uses different one per each environment... and these are not winter, summer, autumn etc., but CustomA,CustomB... etc. in short a lot! I olny had time to update Normandy, Ostfront (non-winter) and Winter related models.
The Minsk map actually uses the "Italy" library which is still to come. Its a huge work updating each of these as its not just copy paste unfortunately.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 12/31/21 07:21 PM

You're doing a excellent work! I really love it
Posted By: Anti-Bürger 1

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 01/01/22 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Daskal

The Minsk map actually uses the "Italy" library which is still to come. Its a huge work updating each of these as its not just copy paste unfortunately.

Good to know - keep up your awesome work, I really appreciate the effort!

Thanks a lot.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/07/22 05:38 PM

Got the full setup in and it works well.Except I have black bars along the sides of the screens.Tried all the different resolutions and no change.Tested the different compatability modes and still runs in a reduced window.Ant advice is appreciated.It's the GOG SE version.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/07/22 09:34 PM

Run 3D_Control_Center. This is where you set the simulation resolution. Is your native resolution listed?

The menu resolution is limited to the 3 sizes listed in the options menu.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/07/22 09:59 PM

Yes Britt I set it to 1900 x 1200 my native resolution.It's weird I can move the mouse to the top and bottom into the black areas but not to the sides.Think I'll just try installing the GOG and see if it changes.I'm running it in native Win 10 mode.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 02/07/22 11:39 PM

Got it.Tried a couple other older games and they had the same issue.Went into the NVIDIA control panel and reset all the settings to default.Installed the 2.0 Ostpak redux and the Ostpak Redux 2.2 update.Both are enabled through the mod enabler it just shows the version as Ostpak Redux 2.0 update.Looks fine now.I think perhaps letting Nvidia automatically update my drivers might have buggered the settings up.But all good now.

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 05/20/22 11:10 AM

The v. 2.2 update installed easily onto my Ostpak Redux 2.0 install. Thank you for the clear and thorough install directions. Tigers look great! Nice detailing 👍 . PE just keeps cranking along . Thanks to everyone involved in this update.

Win7 64bit Home, I3-6320 3.9 GHz, ASRock Z270 MB, DDR4 16GB, Samsung dual SSDs, GeForce GTX 1660 6GB

Re: Panzer Elite Ostpak Redux - New version in the works - 07/03/22 05:28 AM

Forgive this post, but I change my sig and wish to test it. Humanity is truly showing how low an animal it is.
Al (Evil from near Detroit)
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."

(edit)
BTW OG, my profile still says it awaits email verification, but it has worked since you fixed it. Just thought I would inform you.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums