homepage

M1 Tank Platoon 2 on a modern PC

Posted By: SippyCup

M1 Tank Platoon 2 on a modern PC - 12/02/20 04:01 AM

Everywhere I looked, people have had the issue of the game crashing at the end of a mission in Glide mode, regardless of which wrapper was used. I just tried Creative ALchemy and the crash is gone. It seems this bit of software is overlooked and underappreciated, as it has gotten 3 older games running for me now.
Posted By: Polak

Re: M1 Tank Platoon 2 on a modern PC - 12/16/20 02:09 PM

I have also recently revisited M1TP2 and I am using DXWnd. However, the Glide option refuses to work and defaults to software and D3D has black terrain textures in some places (?). Any help or input would be greatly appreciated as M1TP2 despite its age seems to be quite an enjoyable fun to play. Spec is Win10 x64 with 4Gb GTX 1050ti.

Re: M1 Tank Platoon 2 on a modern PC - 12/16/20 08:36 PM

Which glide wrapper are you using? I use nGlide for pretty much everything.

Re: M1 Tank Platoon 2 on a modern PC - 12/16/20 11:27 PM

Currently, I am using nGlide, but it does not seem to be working for me. Previously I was trying dgVoodoo2 also without any visible success. The graphics are pixelated and jaggy indicating that antialiasing is not working. In fact I may be in Software mode for all see and know. I have a fair comparison with other guys who play M1TP2 now in large screen size and their quality is much better. I can supply screens which compare this difference in quality. I maybe add this comment that I can see the difference in D3D mode but in D3D mode the ground textures are black in some places (it is quite strange effect).

Re: M1 Tank Platoon 2 on a modern PC - 12/16/20 11:55 PM

Hi Polak, here are my DxWnd settings. Hopefully they help. Bear in mind that on the dozen or so systems I tried over the years, all crashed at the end of a mission in Glide mode unless I was using a Creative sound card and using ALchemy.

[Linked Image]

Re: M1 Tank Platoon 2 on a modern PC - 12/17/20 01:06 AM

Thank you for trying to help. Still the same. I wonder if some special settings should be made in my Nvidia CPL specifically for M1TP2.?

Re: M1 Tank Platoon 2 on a modern PC - 12/17/20 01:16 AM

Forgot to mention, I'm using the 1.2 patch as well. My card is AMD.

Re: M1 Tank Platoon 2 on a modern PC - 12/17/20 01:23 AM

Do you have any problems with ground textures on AMD card in D3D mode? Mine are black close to the tank, further away they are more like normal.

Re: M1 Tank Platoon 2 on a modern PC - 12/17/20 01:27 AM

And if you actively play M1TP2 you are welcomed to our M1TP2 Discord channel in SmartWargames . Here is the invite: https://discord.gg/fp2D9sfT

Re: M1 Tank Platoon 2 on a modern PC - 12/18/20 03:20 AM

Cheers! Been looking for excuses to sign up for Discord. Yes, I get graphical issues in D3D (ground is neon green and anything involving lighting is a black square) but never looked into it. It happens on my systems after Windows 7, but not sure if it's OS or hardware related. I just played in software mode for years, taking stabs at getting Glide working.
Posted By: Doggie

Re: M1 Tank Platoon 2 on a modern PC - 01/19/21 04:55 PM

It works for me. Had been testing for long, and eventually found a config which works on my rig without CTD at the end of mission therefore I can play the campaign.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums