homepage

Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod

Posted By: Daskal

Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 09/15/16 02:39 PM

"Ostpak Redux" is a mod that will contain an updated version of the so-called Ostpak extension, which had a heavy focus on the eastern front.

What's changing?
- engine is replaced with the latest work of Aldo - I'm trying to incorporate as much as possible from PP2-X
- updated unit models (number of units will increase ober time but this is the most time consuming
- updated smoke and particle effects
- full-scale sound mod - individual sounds for each unit
- 3D tracks and wheels being added to most of the units
- better camera handling for exterior view (camera drag/lag can be disabled now)
- various bug fixes of Ostpak
and a lot more...

I have been heavily supported by the guys at PEDG: British Aldo, Slomo, Murkz, Yamato - thanks a lot.

I plan to release a Beta version that will contain Ostpak + the update in one package, and can be simply applied over a fresh copy (GoG) version of Panzer Elite. I will post videos/pictures into this thread.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 09/15/16 02:40 PM

Tiger E - update:

3D tracks and wheels added, main gun & mantlet replaced (recoils). Authentic sounds added based on Tiger 131 in Bovington:

https://youtu.be/IG9TMNVl8oA

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 09/15/16 02:43 PM

T34:

Authentic sounds, 3D wheels, exhaust smoke, and updated texturing added:

https://youtu.be/mLv4btwWi-Y

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 09/15/16 02:47 PM

King Tiger (Henschel & Porsche) updated models:

-Slomo's PP2-X model imported into Ostpak
- texture updated with individual markings and signs for wingmen

https://youtu.be/7P45PscVoRQ

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 09/15/16 10:53 PM

Panther update:
- 3D Wheels & tracks ported from PP2-X
- Authentic Panther sounds

https://youtu.be/l2inDzuY8-0

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 09/18/16 11:42 PM

Tiger II update:

https://youtu.be/uB0IomUkJ_E
Posted By: frinik22

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 09/23/16 04:06 AM

Daskal, I have to say that you have that rare artistic instinct when making game videos. I have been watching your releases and kudos; you have the flair for the visually beautiful combined with the dramatic and excellent choices of background music! A rare combo. Keep it up! Looking forward to the release of your PPX-Ostpak Redux mod. BTW if you need more sounds for shots,tracks and explosions I have some available .Let me know!

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 09/26/16 01:32 PM

Thank you, and hopefully you haven't seen anything yet in terms of whats coming ; )

I would very much welcome the sound offerings if they can be used with the mod & there is no copyright issue!
Posted By: frinik22

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 09/26/16 01:37 PM

I can reassure you.Many of the sounds were offered to me by a common friend-colleague (Txema). Others I got from games I own and some were given to me by some modders playing various WW2 games ( Darkest Hour etc)...

Some of the sounds you actually have in your own sound mod as I downloaded it and installed it on my PE installation.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 09/27/16 10:36 PM

Jagdtiger update:
https://youtu.be/cvAYysqOFdI
Posted By: Brit44 'Aldo'

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/01/16 06:57 AM

Daskal,
Here is a text I just emailed to Simon, please not the last paragraph.

YUKU seems to be down, and I need to record this info, so your email is my best choice.

The problem with the new tool is related to the code for add and remove rrf objects in the 1.04 and 1.05 OE. That will not make Daskal happy. The problem seems to be induced zeros that the game engine never reads. IE the miss alignment is caused by those two routines if the number of vertex count of the object added or removed is not an even number.

I am not sure yet of the exact error in my logic when I wrote that routine. I remember adding this:
// small routine to determine the memory foot print of a model part.
uint32 determineDataSize(rrObject Obj, int32 ObjectNumber, int32 LOD)
{
uint32 DataSize = (uint32)Obj->partArray[ObjectNumber].meshArray[LOD].attribVList -
(uint32)Obj->partArray[ObjectNumber].meshArray[LOD].faceList;

// now add the number of verticies
int32 vCount = Obj->partArray[ObjectNumber].meshArray[LOD].vertexCount;
if(vCount&1) vCount++;
DataSize += vCount * sizeof(uint16);

return( DataSize );
}
That ++ line is the problem.

I do know that the C language of the game program compensates by using the correct memory pointers with one exception. I can also force the new tool to read the same data regions. I have been hex comparing the new tool saved file against the original and which texture lib numbers trigger a change (32 tlb increase). That work found the bug. I can easily write the tool to compensate for the error, with the exception I mentioned.

The exception I mentioned is the Z sorting list. This data starts at the end of the 3D object data. I still do not know the exact make up of this info and if it only affects the software rendering mode..

I recommend a complete halt to any OE work that adds or removes objects to an RRF. The error is a spacing error, so I should be able to make a tool to save any contaminated work.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/02/16 01:57 PM

Hi Aldo - was about to text you here as well. Seems like I cant login to the Yuku forums for the moment. With regards to the above.

What is the exact/visible issue or impact? I have been doing the work through OE 1.04 all along. the game and models seem to work just fine.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/02/16 05:06 PM

The YUKU hosted, PEDG forum has been down since YUKU moved it to a new server. It seems to be back up for reading, but not everyone can log into there YUKU account. I am one of the people who is unable to login.

The exact issue is that adding a part to the model that has an odd number of vertices is adding zeros to sections of the data. The game engine uses memory pointers and data read sizes, so the extra zeros have are ignored in most of the sections of data. My concern is the Z sorting section and the unknown data at the end of the RRF file. I am still working out the exact impact on all the data and how it is affected. Once that is done, I can write a tool that will remove the unused zeros.

It is very probable that the 3D rendered version of the game engine is unaffected. I only found the problem when the texture ID tool I am writing thought the PP2x Firefly was using texture library #1.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/06/16 11:58 AM

Further update - Slomo's excellent Jagdpanther model in Ostpak setting:

https://youtu.be/vZ7hyKhR7zI
Posted By: Ironside

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/06/16 07:05 PM

Where can I get all these wonderful toys?

Looks great, canīt wait to fire it up.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/09/16 07:37 AM

Daskal is a one person project. You have to ask him about early release and beta testing.

I am of the opinion that the error in the PEx OE does not cause an error in the game.

___
Article 10 of the US constitution.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/17/16 11:14 PM

So, I have spent the afternoon testing the OE, working with old models, etc, and I have come to the conclusion that the error is not an error. The "error" only exists as an unused vertex attribute. Deleting an object that includes the unused vertex attribute is the only time it may be a bug.

Sorry to disrupt your progress, carry on.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/23/16 09:03 AM

Thanks for checking Aldo - glad its not a show stopper!

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/23/16 09:03 AM

Ardennes offensive - Stavelot:

https://youtu.be/yvxbnqz1q2A

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/24/16 12:05 AM

Couple of screens from Normandy:

Posted By: Scott

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/27/16 03:42 AM

OUTSTANDING!!!! Still my FAVORITE armour sim...I cant wait to try it out..
Next question..I have reinstalled Pazer Elite Special edition..straight off of the CD..I believe I still have the original disk I made with all the OSTPAK addons..can anyone help me ..that is.walk me through what I need to to do to reinstall all the ostpak mods to get it up and running? Back in the day..I knew this all by heart..and the game right off of the CD..well the graphics are very limited..I THINK i have to just install one patch that came out after PESE and then install the mods...is that correct? Also...is there any time frame for when the new REDUX will be up and running? If soon..I will simply hold off and install it. Lastly..any help I can be with anything..testing..etc..please do contact m...I have tons of time..really looking forward to dedicating time to a good tank sim again.
I helped in 2007 with the beta testing of Tiger v. T34 when I lived there..that was fun...although the game never matured into what it could be...I remember there was one individiual who took on the take to mod that game..and it was pretty good but glitchy non the less for me for reasons I dont know..thanks again..very exciting to read this after all these years!

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/27/16 04:10 AM

Where oh where can I download this wonderful mod? Thanks!

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/27/16 04:24 AM

Question..what is a GOG version of Panzer elite? I read the Redux will be added over a fresh install of PE GOG..right now I have simply Panzer Elite Special Edition installed..CD..and nothing else..am I ready to go or am I missing something? Thanks.!

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/28/16 12:11 AM

Anyone Anyone offer some help Please?

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/28/16 01:50 AM

Chill baby baby chill. PE is an old game and support is slow and by users.

The original pressing of PESE was version 1.1. The second pressing was 1.2. Early GOG was English 1.1. There latest version should be English version 1.2. The main menu displays the version number.

You can find patch 1.2 for French, English and German versions of the game on the net. They are the same patch. Other language version did not have a patch and the original source for them was lost by JoWooD. It is not hard to create specific language versions.

You can find PE patch 1.2, at least for the next year, on the front page of brit44.com.

Edit:
Daskal is updating Ostpak to PEx standards (Ostpak Redux) as his own project. You could PM him through this forum, but PE is a hobby. He will be done when and if he is done.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 12/29/16 06:59 AM

Thanks Aldo..I sent you a PM re proper install and install location of PE SE 1.2 with the three ostpak scenarios and the three terrain addons. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 01/01/17 11:12 PM

Hi! Ostpak Redux will be a stand-alone mod that will include the Original Ostpak scenarios/campaigns + the new engine by Aldo + the enhanchements.. in short all you will need to do is to enable this mod over a fresh install of Panzer Eilte and you are good to go.

I will release a Beta version in January, right now I'm in the process of putting together the package, so stay tooned. I have been away durin gthe last week on holiday so have only seen your post now.

Posted By: Eugene

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 01/04/17 02:31 AM

Thanks Daska. That is good news. And thank you for your work on this project and the package, and of course to Aldo the ever faithful as well.

Eugene
Posted By: Eugene

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 01/04/17 02:31 AM

Thanks Daskal. That is good news. And thank you for your work on this project and the package, and of course to Aldo the ever faithful as well.

Eugene

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 01/19/17 09:28 AM

Another sneek-peak from Operation Zitadella / Kursk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDNCAxGO2Mk
Posted By: Schwalbe

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 01/31/17 10:31 AM

love the eastern front, Tigers and playing with mods!!
would give PE and ostpak a go!
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 01/31/17 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Schwalbe

So do I, just, pls, stop teasing and let us probe it wink.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 02/02/17 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: JJJ65
Originally Posted By: Schwalbe

So do I, just, pls, stop teasing and let us probe it wink.

I hear ya! January turned out to be more busy than anticipated, but now I'm back on track!
Posted By: ZeroEffort89

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 02/05/17 12:53 PM

Im very excited for this! Looks awesome!

pp2x is really nice but its not a complete package for singleplayer yet, and PE3 has some issues with gunsights and pathfinding, so im hoping this will be a somewhat consistent singeplayer mod =) Dont get me wrong, pp2x and Pe3 is really nice but I always end up playing vanilla because of the the reasons I mentioned. Id be happy to help out reporting bugs and issues as soon as the beta is out.

I hope this is not out of place, but might i suggest using this picture for the main menu?
http://rusmania.com/perch/resources/img2768-1.jpg

The belgrod diorama also has alot of cool material to choose from.

Btw will all player tanks have a model with commander?
Posted By: Stratos

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 02/05/17 07:54 PM

Looking forward to it guys!

It will be East Front "only" or will include the updated packs and vahicles of the Western front/Afrika too?

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 02/11/17 08:27 PM

Downloading ? wink

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 02/14/17 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: ZeroEffort89
Im very excited for this! Looks awesome!

pp2x is really nice but its not a complete package for singleplayer yet, and PE3 has some issues with gunsights and pathfinding, so im hoping this will be a somewhat consistent singeplayer mod =) Dont get me wrong, pp2x and Pe3 is really nice but I always end up playing vanilla because of the the reasons I mentioned. Id be happy to help out reporting bugs and issues as soon as the beta is out.

I hope this is not out of place, but might i suggest using this picture for the main menu?
http://rusmania.com/perch/resources/img2768-1.jpg

The belgrod diorama also has alot of cool material to choose from.

Btw will all player tanks have a model with commander?

Thats a neat picture, but a bit overcowded - I'll give it a shot though:

I havent decided on the final menu layout yet.
In terms of gunsights - I have aligned a big portion of them, but there will be some where you will need to adjust probably.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 02/14/17 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Stratos

It will be East Front "only" or will include the updated packs and vahicles of the Western front/Afrika too?

I have made updates to Western Front/Normandy and Afrika as well. Graphically/model wise Italy campaign/setting is the only one that is stillpending. Right now I'm doing testing of the scenarios - will report back with the compatibility list shortly.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 02/16/17 04:29 AM

33Lima,
it looks like my main board's south bridge has failed and taken my wide screen monitor with it. You are on your own for the forseable future. Sorry. Use the latest build but follow the rules for 1.04. I know, it is crap and not worth continuing. You might as well abandon the project.
I have had to revert to CRT monitor and single core XP box.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 02/17/17 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Daskal
Originally Posted By: Stratos

I have made updates to Western Front/Normandy and Afrika as well. Graphically/model wise Italy campaign/setting is the only one that is stillpending. Right now I'm doing testing of the scenarios - will report back with the compatibility list shortly.

Thanks Daskal!
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 03/05/17 12:40 PM

Was their an ETA on this.
Getting a PE itch...

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 03/05/17 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by DukeIronHand
Was their an ETA on this.
Getting a PE itch...

+1
yep

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 03/22/17 09:32 AM

I have just realized that some of the models need fixing in Italy setting (texture issues) - so I'm going through those at the moment. Other than that all is looking good. I had to step back for a few weeks from PE to "recharge", but am back in the saddle again. ETA soon - I want to release a stable and not a half-ass package.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 03/22/17 11:38 AM

Great news Daskal!

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 03/23/17 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Stratos
Great news Daskal!

+ 1 thumbsup
Looking forward to playing it duckhunter
Posted By: ZeroEffort89

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 03/26/17 11:38 PM

Keep up the good work! Cant wait to try!

Thank you for trying the picture btw, you are right, it was a bit crowded =)

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/11/17 08:37 AM

Happy to report that it's done. The mod is ready. In order to release there are still a couple of things left to do:
- I'm putting together a couple of pages of readme / instructions
- I need o find a way to share (size is 3 GBs - as it will include everything from Ostpak - so you will need to enable this over a fresh version PE and thats it.)
Posted By: ijozic

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/11/17 09:12 AM

Awesome news. Regarding the sharing, perhaps moddb or Mega or MediaFire?

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/12/17 10:09 AM

charge

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/12/17 01:41 PM

Looking forward to the download button!

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/18/17 10:54 PM

Coming along:

[Linked Image]

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/19/17 06:34 AM

If your mod is self installing and/or you have the path correct, you can automatically update the enabler when the player adds the mod. The version I made for Nordic Games in 2011 should be replaced. The only thing I fixed since the update too Wings original is adding basic support for non English text characters (ie wild cards work again).

Thankfully the latest Windows 10 update that was reported to break all versions of PE is cured by following the tech advice from GOG.

I say kick your baby out into the world unless you have a repeatable example of the floating truck bug. (the only floating truck bug left seems to be if AI is in the flat plane, is destroyed and the player moves to that area). Anyway, I do have a new build that attempts to address this if you prefer to delay.

smile Release and we can wade through the complaints from users.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/21/17 07:56 AM

I'm ready for release, BUT I don't know yet how to share/host the mod. The packed size is ~ 2.2 GB. Originally I wanted to host it through Dropbox, but I would have to go Pro subscription & pay a monthly fee...

Are there any alternatives where files this size could be shared?
Posted By: Artur255

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/21/17 09:02 AM

And what, the torrent does not suit?

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/21/17 09:43 AM

Never hosted through torrent & I'm not planning to host 24/7 either. I'm ok with paying a couple of bucks for space if I have to but Dropbox is too costly.
Posted By: Artur255

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/21/17 10:01 AM

Yandex disk. May be?
Posted By: XENOPHON

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/21/17 12:53 PM

Hi Daskal,

Is http://www.moddb.com/ free ?

PS
Thanks for your job tanksalot

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/21/17 02:03 PM

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll try these.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/21/17 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by ijozic
Awesome news. Regarding the sharing, perhaps moddb or Mega or MediaFire?

You can check also the one I've posted earlier.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-MEGA-Cloud-Storage

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/21/17 03:11 PM

Daskal,
yuku seems to be broken and I am unable to make a new post in the pedg forum. I sent you a PM through yuku.
Posted By: szutok6

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/21/17 09:25 PM

Maybe Google Drive? it's free, have 10-15 GB of space, and direct links to files. p.s Thanks for all work!

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 04/24/17 10:07 AM

Google drive and such personal cloud storage options have limited bandwidth AFAIK so won't be much good if more than a few people download the mod.

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 05/12/17 06:12 AM

skyisfalling
lawncareby20mm

:screwy :
blahblahblah
attack

banghead
deadhorse

sicko
driving

goodnight
woot :whoohoo :

reading If only it were that easy.
Posted By: RedOneAlpha

Re: Panzer Elite - Ostpak Redux Mod - 07/06/17 02:57 PM

Hi Daskal,

First off great job on this mod, congrats. Been watching vids on YT since I got PE, any news on when we can download your newest version?

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Care,

GZ

PD.: Found the link for the Beta...

Ostpak Redux Beta
© 2024 SimHQ Forums