homepage

Thoughts about the future of T34vsTiger

Posted By: EagleEye[GER]

Thoughts about the future of T34vsTiger - 02/15/08 04:33 PM

- Look at the developers website: http://www.g5e.com/ There is nothing about T34vsTiger! Only casual and mobile games...
- Have a look on IDDKs website: http://www.iddk.ru/en/ T34vsTiger isn`t there anymore!
- remember Whirlwind over Vietnam from G5...

Im afraid the release in Europe from Lighthouse Interactive will be the last what we will get from.
Maybe Im in a negative mood...
Posted By: Topo

Re: Thoughts about the future of T34vsTiger - 02/15/08 08:34 PM

I've noticed that too; maybe i'm wrong, but i don't think these are good news.
Posted By: Phantom103

Re: Thoughts about the future of T34vsTiger - 02/15/08 10:28 PM

I understand your concern[not much of a buzz going on for a tank sim that's set to be released in a month or two]There is a forum for T34 vs Tiger at Lighthouse interactive.

http://www.lighthouse-interactive.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21
Posted By: RainMan

Re: Thoughts about the future of T34vsTiger - 02/16/08 09:53 PM

Yep.. always changing the software developement is..

-- IDDK offers TvsT:
http://www.iddk.ru/en/cdrom/70526.html

-- ... it seems as if G5 Software is no longer developing for the PC. Guess their focus lies now on mobile-games. Oh well..

Posted By: Wolfbiscuits

Re: Thoughts about the future of T34vsTiger - 02/17/08 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Rainer
Yep.. always changing the software developement is..

-- IDDK offers TvsT:
http://www.iddk.ru/en/cdrom/70526.html

-- ... it seems as if G5 Software is no longer developing for the PC. Guess their focus lies now on mobile-games. Oh well..

Blimey that takes me back...packaging Jewel case!!
Posted By: FlyRetired

Re: Thoughts about the future of T34vsTiger - 02/18/08 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Rainer
... it seems as if G5 Software is no longer developing for the PC. Guess their focus lies now on mobile-games. Oh well..

So much for the planned commercial content expansion of TvsT.

I remember the question on the forum here of whether tank sim fans would settle for a limited content release, with the understanding that support for the title would continue. Or, if we wanted to wait for a fully populated sim. Looks like the investment in this mobile warfare sim has gone to support future plans for mobile gaming.

Maybe the publisher, Lighthouse, plans to follow up on this title's partial-build implementation (but I doubt it).

Re: Thoughts about the future of T34vsTiger - 02/18/08 02:26 PM

Well, Dave, luckily a game franchise is independent of developers (see Silent Hunter), as long as the idea stays alive. ...and since Lighthouse holds the international publishing rights to TvsT, they might consider expanding on that premise.

Strange, though, how quickly things in software development change: neither of my IDDK contacts (going as far back as T-72) are still with IDDK and my G5 contact told me about TvsT being their last PC-title... \:\(

Still looking forward to TvsT's western release, as I am eager to do some MP with like-minded WWII tank "fanatatics". ;\)

Re: Thoughts about the future of T34vsTiger - 02/18/08 04:09 PM

Absolutely Rainer, and we'll try to remain realistically optimistic for the title here.

I hope the Western publisher's involvement will mean that support will continue, and that retail content and organized development will follow, if not, multiplayer compatibility will likely be the first casualty.
Posted By: fearlesslds

Re: Thoughts about the future of T34vsTiger - 02/26/08 03:19 AM

That's real nice . I was counting on this game to make up for Knights of the Sky not coming out .Hi FlyRetired ! Now a rumor this isn't coming out either ?

Re: Thoughts about the future of T34vsTiger - 02/26/08 12:55 PM

There's no rumor that TvsT isn't being published in the West, as Lighthouse Interactive has already bought the rights and has indicated their intentions to release the sim. Of course TvsT is already out in the Russian market (right?).

Here's Lighthouse Interactive's forum where anyone can voice their wants:

http://www.lighthouse-interactive.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

As a fan, there's just a finite amount of support that we can contribute to the success of an up-coming title. We can make our wants clear on forums such as SimHQ here, sometimes we can support the development team's work in progress with needed research, we can, if lucky enough become part of the testing team to sort out bugs and make suggestions for further game refinements, and lastly we can spread the word.

After all this it still doesn't mean the title, if released, will become a success. There's always the option too, that enthusiastic modders can improve a title over time by adding content, and features, and fixes, but like so many things in life, first impressions mean a lot. Having dedicated commercial support for additional content and/or patches can reflect the commitment developers and publishers intend for their products also. In the end, as consumers we have to make our individual choices, but as gaming fans there's just so few avenues allowed where we can positively impact the outcome of a game's development.

Scott, we all get frustrated with the lack of game offerings now days, and at the same time the longer we wait, the higher our expectations become for those few titles that actually make it to retail distribution.

Just seems to be the nature of this hobby afterall.

Re: Thoughts about the future of T34vsTiger - 02/26/08 02:04 PM

There is no rumor that TvsT won't come out... I am still involved in the project, doing some stuff for Lighthouse under NDA currently. I think they would have told me something if it was to be cancelled... \:\)

About the "lack of game offerings":
Trust me when I say that we, the former external TvsT test-team are equally frustrated. Why? Because we had a wealth of renowned simmers from the community drawn to help polish the game and to suggest and help implement wanted and needed features to get the game we all desire. We're all simmers, after all!

Whatever the IDDK/G5's reasons were to not implement our ideas, wishes and suggestions to the degree we had hoped is beyond the scope of this discussion, but the resulting "meat" of the game is not what we, the "simmers gone testers" had in mind. And I am sure I speak for all of the testers involved.

What we got, however, is a sim that is already being sold in Russia in a state that IDDK saw fit for that particular market. Period. A WWII tank sim that a) is moddable b) comes with multiplayer and c) has a very potent map/mission editor available.

I am not actively following the Russian discussions going on (lacking the language skills), so I don't know how active the mission-editing/modding scene for TvsT is, but I do know that one of our former testers is very capable of creating maps for SP and MP.. so it can be done.

What is planned for the western market I don't know either, but I trust that Lighthouse will iron out more bugs, polish the game some more and hopefully add more content down the line.

Just as a reminder: TvsT supports TrackIR, Multiplayer (Team and Free-for-All) via GameSpy or DirectPlay, there is a powerful mission/scenario editor available and it has some fancy Speedtree trees to run over.. \:\) It's not like we're not getting anything, you know...? ;\)
Posted By: Veteran66

Re: Thoughts about the future of T34vsTiger - 02/28/08 08:08 PM

Haarlem, The Netherlands - February 28, 2007 - Leading publisher Lighthouse Interactive today released the final box artwork and 6 new screenshots for their upcoming tank simulation game 'WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs Tiger'.

The box artwork is simple, yet powerful - displaying the true essence of this highly realistic WW2 Tank simulation game: the agile and fast moving Russian T-34 tank and the brutal, heavily armoured German Tiger. WWII Battle
Tanks: T-34 vs Tiger allows players to experience the power of some of the most advanced weaponry of its time and battle the enemy head on during some of the most critical campaigns of World War 2.

Following on from their massively successful Ship Simulator series, with WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs Tiger Lighthouse aims to wow simulation fans with yet another high quality and genre-defining simulation game, because WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs Tiger is looking stunningly realistic and has all desired playing features on board. Suited for Windows® XP and Windows® Vista this game is scheduled to release in Q2 2008 for PAN European territories.

Link
http://www.lighthouse-interactive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1059
Posted By: plunderbear

Re: Thoughts about the future of T34vsTiger - 03/05/08 08:41 PM

I realy hope that the "modding" dont stop at fooling around with the maps, but also alows a posibility to add more 3 d objects and even more vehicles. This sim realy have what it takes to be the Tank sim for a few years to come \:\)

I might even fire up 3d max again for this........
© 2024 SimHQ Forums