homepage

What we know so far

Posted By: JimBobb

What we know so far - 09/06/19 08:22 PM

Ok, what we know so far:

- unreal engine 4
- New and improved flight modelling
- New technology to map actual physical locations for more realistic simulation using MicroProse LTY technology.
- More play modes from Free to Play to Subscription
- Only combat simulation that is world wide in play area rather than small tactical conflicts
- Regular historical events every few weeks with a broader array of the weapons and vehicles of World War II.

Screenshots that MicroProse posted:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: What we know so far - 09/07/19 04:30 AM

That's a great looking Emil cockpit.

Re: What we know so far - 09/07/19 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by F4UDash4
That's a great looking Emil cockpit.

If everything will be on this quality level, they got a real winner here.
Posted By: Ajay

Re: What we know so far - 09/08/19 01:48 AM

Those pics look far better than the external views of the Mustang and Spit i saw in the original thread, were they from anorher game?

Re: What we know so far - 09/08/19 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ajay
Those pics look far better than the external views of the Mustang and Spit i saw in the original thread, were they from anorher game?

They were early screenshots, these are the latest ones
Posted By: Guynemer27

Re: What we know so far - 09/10/19 03:25 AM

I would have an immediate nergasm if they would dare to update all their old sim inventory with 2020 graphics... I do not care about ultra button pushing sims, but one with some life and ol' time campaigns...; OMG!
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: What we know so far - 09/10/19 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by JimBobb

Far too early to make that statement mate... we need to see far more in depth reports and news.
And remember, fancy graphics are not everything.
Posted By: Mr.Fork

Re: What we know so far - 09/11/19 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Trooper117

Far too early to make that statement mate... we need to see far more in depth reports and news.
And remember, fancy graphics are not everything.

Agreed. There is a dude named Archie over at hitechcreations.com forums touting the new game. They’re promising a October release yet we’ve seen nothing of in-game videos or gameplay features.

Personally I think they’re just updating the graphics on the crappy 2018 Warbirds MMO game...I hope I’m wrong but I think it’s more like...
kneeldown

Re: What we know so far - 09/12/19 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Fork

Personally I think they’re just updating the graphics on the crappy 2018 Warbirds MMO game...I

The 2018 version is running on a 20 year old engine, if they are using unreal engine 4 it means they are re-doing the whole game and not only 'graphics'
Posted By: Mr.Fork

Re: What we know so far - 09/13/19 12:16 AM

That does sound promising. No way in hell its being released in 3-6 weeks though...

Re: What we know so far - 09/13/19 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Fork
That does sound promising. No way in hell its being released in 3-6 weeks though...

I don't know when it will be released, but there is an entry on wikipedia that they are working on it since 2018.

"Since 2018, the MicroProse brand has been owned by David Lagettie, working with Bill Stealey's own company iEnterntainment Network on the Warbirds series of combat flight simulators"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicroProse
Posted By: dutch

Re: What we know so far - 10/06/19 09:36 AM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Looking good like photorealistic, finally we get rid off all the 2010 looks you see in all the actual combat flysims right now, I only hope this is also the sight we get in the game mode or this can only be achieved when using an 7Ghz i10-9999kk & RTX4090tii rig.

Any readings if VR is being implemented?
Posted By: JonRedcorn

Re: What we know so far - 10/07/19 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by dutch

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Looking good like photorealistic, finally we get rid off all the 2010 looks you see in all the actual combat flysims right now, I only hope this is also the sight we get in the game mode or this can only be achieved when using an 7Ghz i10-9999kk & RTX4090tii rig.

Il2 Battle of Series looks like a game from 2020, matter of fact it looks better than even that screen shot does IMO. Especially the new bodenplatte aircraft.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: What we know so far - 10/10/19 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by JonRedcorn
Originally Posted by dutch

]

Il2 Battle of Series looks like a game from 2020, matter of fact it looks better than even that screen shot does IMO. Especially the new bodenplatte aircraft

, I do not play IL2 anymore because I’m very disappointed to the results of Flying Circus in VR, a very bad RoF swapjob, from the Yugro-media design buro ☹️ Pictures like you published are, I’m sure on that, not in the FC.
Posted By: devere

Re: What we know so far - 11/24/19 01:18 PM

So is this going to be an actual NEW stand alone sim, with some real SP content such as a career, or is this just going to be lipstick on the same old pig?
Posted By: Master

Re: What we know so far - 11/26/19 03:28 AM

lipstick on an old pig. It will be a new game engine though so it might be good but it's a long way out yet before we know.
Posted By: archermav

Re: What we know so far - 02/11/20 03:09 PM

https://twitter.com/micro_prose/status/1226559181559386113/photo/1

https://twitter.com/micro_prose/status/1226917982007418882/photo/1

Can't seem to attach the pics, but latest images from a Micropose Tweet.
Posted By: carrick58

Re: What we know so far - 02/23/20 10:55 PM

Just as long as they updated the graphics and dumped the fighters, Id kiss that pig. B- 17 or B-26 or a B-24. In the old game I would name the crew after people that I didnt like. In that way I could get a smile when they bit the bullet.

Posted By: Ajay

Re: What we know so far - 08/19/22 09:22 AM

So...dead on nearly arrival?

Re: What we know so far - 08/22/22 08:20 AM

I think so, this whole section can be moved to the read-only department at the bottom.

https://www.microprose.com/games/b-17-flying-fortress-the-mighty-8th-vr/

© 2024 SimHQ Forums