homepage

I found a controller issue (and how to fix)

Posted By: Evochron

I found a controller issue (and how to fix) - 01/28/20 09:10 AM

I am loving this and woff - I bought them both just recently - fantastic immersion!!!

Anyway in woff my thrustmaster warthog and vbksim rudder pedals were easy to assign.

But in wotr it would recognize my pedals as rxaxis and then I woul choose bind and save the profile and exit. Flying or coming back in to assign keys it would be gone.

I checked key files for both games and the only difference I could see was a space after the name of the rudder pedals in wotr.

I copied and pasted the rudder section from woff to wotr key files and now it all works.

Just in case the fix helps someone and reporting a bug.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: I found a controller issue (and how to fix) - 01/28/20 10:08 PM

OK thanks Evochron- the naming used by manufacturers of controller is a bit of a pain - some have multiple seemingly random extra spaces in the hardware name, most we catch.

Re: I found a controller issue (and how to fix) - 01/29/20 09:44 AM

BTW what is the problem name of the vbksim in WOTR controller setup?

Re: I found a controller issue (and how to fix) - 01/29/20 09:51 AM

Here it is, thanks smile

This is it working:
<Device Type="VKBsim Black Box">

Not working:
<Device Type="VKBsim Black Box ">

Re: I found a controller issue (and how to fix) - 01/29/20 10:14 AM

Have you updated WOTR btw, what version are you running please? Also what date stamp is on WOTRKeys.exe in Toolbox?
What time stamp on WOFFKeys.exe too please?

Thanks for the names, we have had a lot of trouble with VKB stuff, spaces galore in various places.. we'll have a look for a future patch maybe.

BTW something that occurred to us... one thing if you have used the WOTRKeys in an older WOTR version, then patched it, then run it again it will not "fix" old entries in the WOTRkeys.xca. You need to reset to default, save, then reconfigure fresh, save. That could be it.

Re: I found a controller issue (and how to fix) - 01/30/20 12:47 AM

I am at work so cannot answer fully now but I bought WOFF UE a few weeks ago and ran the patch at that time.

1 week ago I bought WOTR and I believe I ran the patch to put in the spitfire at the same install.

I used the default key setup for both and then in the sim made changes using the UI.

However this did not work (as above) so I then pasted the fix in manually - AFTER that.

edit - sorry for changes now understood what you wrote smile

Re: I found a controller issue (and how to fix) - 01/30/20 10:28 AM

OK thanks, if you can check on those items please when you are home - it would help if check you have the latest WOTR installed, then backup the WOTRkeys.xca file then do the reset as detailed above, just to see if it works correctly. You can put your working .xca back in manually afterwards.
The file is in C:\Users\<YOURLOGON>\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW2 Wings Over The Reich
Thanks
© 2024 SimHQ Forums