homepage

VKB HOTAS Issues

Posted By: Picchio

VKB HOTAS Issues - 09/07/18 06:25 PM

Good evening,
I'm unable to successfully map my VKB pedals (Z axis) to the rudder axis.

Specifically, what happens in the WOTR binding sofware is that the correct axis input is recognized and bound to "Yaw Control"; at the same time, this axis is read as "Axis Throttle", but I imagine that's just how the software detects the axis' name and not the function it binds it to.

As a result, in Current Bindings, I get Axis Throttle: Yaw Control (Rudder).
In Bind to Axis, Yaw Control (Rudder) is bound to the Z axis (VKB Pedals).
But in-game, this Z axis doesn't end up commanding the rudder, but the throttle, and I can't wrap my head around what's going on. I tried binding the Z axis to Throttle (wondering if there was a bug somewhere), to no avail.

Throttle is also assigned to my CH ProThrottle, which functions correctly.

Is anyone else with a similar kit experiencing this issue? Are there any solutions?

Re: VKB HOTAS Issues - 09/07/18 07:58 PM

FIXED!
WOTR doesn't like another Z axis as rudder, so I simply remapped its HID Usage to Rot Z in VKB's software.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: VKB HOTAS Issues - 09/08/18 10:08 AM

Hi Picchio

OK thanks for that it may help others with the same setup. I can add it to the FAQ,

The FAQ mentions you must remove other controllers from using the same axis completely. Z axis is traditionally rudder.
Posted By: Polovski

Re: VKB HOTAS Issues - 09/08/18 10:47 AM

Picchio,
Would you mind sending your WOTRKeys.xca file from
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW2 Wings Over The Reich please to support < a t > overflandersfields.com.
Thanks.

Re: VKB HOTAS Issues - 09/09/18 09:21 PM

Good evening Pol, I just sent the file to the address you indicated.
Let me know if you need anything else.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums