homepage

Aircraft Serial Numbers

Posted By: nbryant

Aircraft Serial Numbers - 10/28/18 03:25 PM

In many instances, like during the BoB, a pilot would fly various aircraft dependent upon availability. So I have a question, more out of curiosity than anything. How important are aircraft serial numbers to you in the game?
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: Aircraft Serial Numbers - 10/28/18 09:31 PM

When I make a new skin, I usually throw a new serial on there that fits in the series to the best of my limited research. I haven't had time lately to mess with anything, but in general, it would be way down on the list of stuff that I would be bothered by.
salute
Posted By: Ace_Pilto

Re: Aircraft Serial Numbers - 10/28/18 09:31 PM

Not important essentially but it would be nice to have some kind of aircraft tracking system that managed stats for individual aircraft, assigned them a squadron code, serial number and kept track of their wear and tear. Then to have all of this reported to you so that, as you moved into a position of command, you'd have to manage your human and material resources.

Then, in the late war scenario you could have angry mechanics tying a knot in your relief tube because you've forgotten to rotate them and they've been working day and night for three days straight...
Posted By: Rick_Rawlings

Re: Aircraft Serial Numbers - 10/29/18 02:00 AM

A knot in my relief tube?!? Well, that sounds displeasant! (The wear and tear idea is really cool though, or at least having to fly the loaner while yours is in the shop...)
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: Aircraft Serial Numbers - 10/29/18 06:55 AM

Great ideas, gentlemen, however, you are creating completely new sim wink .
Posted By: Ace_Pilto

Re: Aircraft Serial Numbers - 10/29/18 08:16 AM

Mission Editor V9000.0b
© 2024 SimHQ Forums