homepage

Radiohead: Ripoff Masters?

Posted By: Weasel_Keeper

Radiohead: Ripoff Masters? - 02/12/18 04:09 AM

I've been learning and playing guitar for a few years now, and one of my favorite songs to play is Radiohead's "Creep". While messing around YouTube tonight I learned that Radiohead was sued by The Hollies for stealing their music...and the Hollies won.

And now I know I can play this song...lol.

And here's a band playing with both of them...

But wait, there's more.

Did they rip off Coldplay?

Another favorite RH song "High and Dry" vs Coldplay "The Scientist"

But wait...

They ripped off the Beatles!

Sexy Sadie

RH's "Karma Police"

I still dig Radiohead...just wasn't aware that they can't write their own hooks...lol.
Posted By: AirDog

Re: Radiohead: Ripoff Masters? - 02/13/18 12:28 AM

I think the same about these two songs ..sounds like Chicago ripped part of that song from Captain Beyond.

Posted By: David Kennard

Re: Radiohead: Ripoff Masters? - 02/13/18 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Weasel_Keeper
. . . But wait, there's more.

Did they rip off Coldplay?

Another favorite RH song "High and Dry" vs Coldplay "The Scientist"

To be fair this one would be the other way around smile High and Dry came out in the 90's and The Scientist in the 2000's

This is a cool video on hit country songs

and so you can Rock Out after that country mash-up here is the best "High & Dry" song

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Radiohead: Ripoff Masters? - 02/13/18 02:10 PM

This reminds me of how Vanilla Ice kept denying that "Ice Ice Baby" ripped off the bass line from "Under Pressure" by Queen.

Sure....
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Radiohead: Ripoff Masters? - 02/16/18 06:11 PM

According to Quincy Jones, Michael Jackson may have been the "King" of ripping off other artists.

You worked with Michael Jackson more than anyone he wasn’t related to. What’s something people don’t understand about him?
I hate to get into this publicly, but Michael stole a lot of stuff. He stole a lot of songs. [Donna Summer’s] “State of IndependenceOriginally written by Vangelis and longtime Yes front man Jon Anderson, “State of Independence” was recorded by Donna Summer in 1982. Jones produced Summer’s version, Michael Jackson helped out on backing vocals, and the song’s central riff does sound awfully similar (albeit faster) to the iconic bass riff on Jackson’s hit single “Billie Jean.” It should also be noted that, last year, Jones won a lawsuit over a royalties dispute against Jackson’s estate. ” and “Billie Jean.” The notes don’t lie, man. He was as Machiavellian as they come.

Source: http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-jones-in-conversation.html

Wheels
© 2024 SimHQ Forums