homepage

Sopwith Camel upper wing view mod?

Posted By: Hellshade

Sopwith Camel upper wing view mod? - 12/24/20 09:07 PM

Hello all.

Been trying my hand at the Camel and enjoying it very much. I understand there was either a variant or field mod that improved the cutaway view through the top wing, Two questions:
1 - How common was that modification for Camels
2 - How hard would it be to make such a Mod for WOFF?

A little campaign furball

Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Sopwith Camel upper wing view mod? - 12/25/20 02:29 PM

Hellshade

I think OBD wkould have to get involved and change the Camel model before we could do such a mod.

Re: Sopwith Camel upper wing view mod? - 12/25/20 02:51 PM

Robert,

Ah. Good to know. I think those fellows pretty well have their hands more than full at the moment, so no worries on that. You never know what might be low hanging fruit that could be modded and what would require Dev support until you ask. Thanks for filling me in, Robert. Have a safe and Merry Christmas my friend.
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: Sopwith Camel upper wing view mod? - 12/25/20 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hellshade
Robert,

Ah. Good to know. I think those fellows pretty well have their hands more than full at the moment, so no worries on that. You never know what might be low hanging fruit that could be modded and what would require Dev support until you ask. Thanks for filling me in, Robert. Have a safe and Merry Christmas my friend.

Right back at you Hellshade! Stay safe!
Posted By: Raine

Re: Sopwith Camel upper wing view mod? - 02/06/21 06:37 PM

The current model of the Bentley Camel has an expanded cutaway. Could the upper wings simply be swapped?
Posted By: Polovski

Re: Sopwith Camel upper wing view mod? - 02/07/21 12:24 PM

We don't want you to have all the goodies in one package, there has to be some struggle hence all the weird aircraft with their odd quirks you have to fly wink. As Raine says the Bentley has the improved cut out so fly that if you need it.
No point making the standard Camel more like the Bentley version or there's little point in getting the upgraded Camel wink.

Re: Sopwith Camel upper wing view mod? - 02/08/21 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Polovski
We don't want you to have all the goodies in one package, there has to be some struggle hence all the weird aircraft with their odd quirks you have to fly wink. As Raine says the Bentley has the improved cut out so fly that if you need it.
No point making the standard Camel more like the Bentley version or there's little point in getting the upgraded Camel wink.

Will do. Thanks!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums