homepage

PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod.

Posted By: Panama Red

PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/11/19 06:59 PM

There are 4 versions of my new PE Scenery Improvement Mod included in this JSGME ready zip.

Version 1 uses the stock OBD PE Scenery numbers, except I eliminate the BT’s and increase the FPS. So it can be used for all Scenery and Terrain settings in the Workshop (i.e. 1-5).
Versions 2-4 deletes the BT’s, increases the Scenery density and distance, as well as increasing the FPS, but are designed to be used for Scenery 5 and Terrain 5 Workshop settings only since version 1 is for stock settings.

“Unzip” the 4 versions into your JSGME folder and activate the one you want to try. I use “Quality” since it gives me the “sweet spot” on my PC between Scenery Improvement and FPS.

PE Scenery Improvement Mod v0 link: PE Scenery Improvement mod

Thanks to Stache and HarryH for testing this mod.

Edit: Sandbagger now has this posted on his WOFF Mod website (thanks). thumbsup
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/11/19 07:07 PM

Awesome. Great work (again) PR.
Posted By: Stache

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/11/19 07:09 PM

Yep this is good stuff - Thank you very much PR.

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/11/19 07:34 PM

Here we go. Test flight with Version 1.

EDIT: Errr. Yea. I get there is about 6 dozen variables to each campaign flight but I cranked up my graphics settings in the Nvidia Workshop and I am still getting a huge FPS increase. Never had any BT issues so I can’t comment there.
Guess if I wanted to be all scientific I’d play a scenario where everything is always the same but certainly looks positive right now.
Posted By: HarryH

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/11/19 08:41 PM

Excellent stuff, many thanks PR! Any changes to Version 1 from the beta?

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/11/19 08:50 PM

HarryH:
No, same as you tested and thanks.
Posted By: HarryH

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/11/19 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Panama Red
HarryH:
No, same as you tested and thanks.

Thank you!
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/11/19 11:53 PM

PR, thank you for developing this little gem/magic and thanks to HarryH and Stache for testing. Does it play nice with the ME?

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/12/19 12:18 AM

Fullofit:
I have no idea since I do not use ME, but try it and find out since you can always deactivate it through JSGME.
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/12/19 01:47 AM

PR, it works just fine. I just have to remember to skip that bit in ME. Hopefully Triple-J can update ME as well ...

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/12/19 03:20 AM

Thank you for checking.

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/12/19 05:11 AM

It’s been a while since I used ME but how are those two mods “crossing paths” in the game?
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/12/19 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Fullofit
PR, thank you for developing this little gem/magic and thanks to HarryH and Stache for testing. Does it play nice with the ME?

Not yet. I do not own PE yet, so I could not update the BT mod included in ME. Just skip the BT mod inside of ME and it will be OK. Other ME features should be fully compatible with WOFF PE.

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/12/19 11:04 AM

JJJ65:
You can gladly incorporate this PE mod into your ME any time you want. yep
Posted By: mvp7

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/12/19 01:34 PM

Thank you very much Panama Red! I'm using the version 2 and the game runs really smooth with virtually zero stutters.
Posted By: hoongadoonga

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/12/19 05:16 PM

Thanks Panama Red.
Posted By: Redwolf

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/12/19 06:29 PM

My gosh, this is awesome! Not that I was in dire need of a fps increase, but wow - the balanced has given me a clear 20% increase, and the Quality a 15% increase while looking much better too! Kudos for this Panama Red.

(can you do the same for WOTR?)

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/12/19 06:37 PM

I tried, but it was not as successful because of the way OBD set up the WOTR Terrain Details versus WOFF UE/PE Terrain Details.

I do have an improved Scenery Density for WOTR that does improve the FPS some, but not as much as this mod.

Let me know if you want to try it out.
Posted By: Redwolf

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/12/19 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Panama Red
I tried, but it was not as successful because of the way OBD set up the WOTR Terrain Details versus WOFF UE/PE Terrain Details.

I do have an improved Scenery Density for WOTR that does improve the FPS some, but not as much as this mod.

Let me know if you want to try it out.

I am not sure if I am a good candidate(?). I have lots of things turned way down in WOTR (terrain and density for example) in an attempt to get it to run at least somewhat as nicely as WOFF PE (with it's settings turned way up). If you think your WOTR scenery density mod will have impact even with lower settings turned on in workshop, then I will give it a go - I am always looking for ways to gain fps in WOTR.
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/13/19 12:53 PM

PR, if you like I will test in WOTR for you. I test over there for OBD. I have an older AMD 3.4ghz rigg. PM me if you want me to check it out, as I am always looking for a few more FPS.

S!Blade<><
Posted By: mvp7

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/24/19 01:54 PM

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but if you are seeing a lot of treeless rectangles in forests with the mod, lowering "Woods / Forests Density" setting to Medium helped reduce the effect significantly for me.
Posted By: Becker01

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/31/19 06:54 PM

Hallo,

short question:
Do you plan to offer your finished PE-updated mods on sandbaggers Website (all as I know the central Website for the most WOFF-Mods)?
I ask because it is a little bit confusing for me (and maybe for other users), if one mod is on combatace, one on dropbox, one here and one there.

I would be very grateful!

Thanks for answer

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 10/31/19 07:00 PM

I have only posted it here if you want to use it.

I will eventually send it to Sandbagger after Robert converts it to a self install mod.
Posted By: Sandbagger

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 11/03/19 01:15 PM

Hi all,
Hosted now on the WOFF 'User Mods Page' (Terrain page).

Terrain Page

Mike

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 11/04/19 09:14 AM

Thank you very much!
Posted By: Fubat

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 07/24/20 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sandbagger
Hi all,
Hosted now on the WOFF 'User Mods Page' (Terrain page).

Terrain Page

Mike

Hi Sandbagger

I can't find Panama Reds mod anywhere on the User Mod Page, has it been deleted or superseded by another?

Running PE here but just getting back into WOFF

Regards

Fubat

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 07/24/20 06:46 PM

@Fubat,

you must go to "effects" on Sanbaggers Website.

Greetings
Posted By: Fubat

Re: PE Scenery Improvement, FPS increase and BT elimination mod. - 07/24/20 07:44 PM

Thanks for that Becker. All this to catch up with and 2020 on the way !!!! I'm going to be a busy bunny.

Regards.

Fubat
© 2024 SimHQ Forums