homepage

User mods with OBD patch releases

Posted By: Sandbagger

User mods with OBD patch releases - 03/16/17 08:32 PM

Hi all,
As you can see on this forum page, many of you are creating enhancements and mods for use in WOFF UE.
In many cases WOFF UE 'flyers' could benefit from having mods included in official patches released by OBD.

However, where desired, it would be a time consuming business for the OBD team to contact each creator to arrange for the inclusion of their mods into an OBD patch release.

Therefore, OBD will assume that the creator's mods for use in WOFF UE can be included in official patch releases from OBD, unless of course, the individual concerned objects to this, by contacting OBD directly.
Posted By: lederhosen

Re: User mods with OBD patch releases - 03/16/17 08:51 PM

errrr.... is this fact now or just a thought.
I say this while I found a few mods that I didn't like and stopped using them
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: User mods with OBD patch releases - 03/16/17 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sandbagger
Hi all,
As you can see on this forum page, many of you are creating enhancements and mods for use in WOFF UE.
In many cases WOFF UE 'flyers' could benefit from having mods included in official patches released by OBD.

However, where desired, it would be a time consuming business for the OBD team to contact each creator to arrange for the inclusion of their mods into an OBD patch release.

Therefore, OBD will assume that the creator's mods for use in WOFF UE can be included in official patch releases from OBD, unless of course, the individual concerned objects to this, by contacting OBD directly.

Is this an official statement from OBD?
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: User mods with OBD patch releases - 03/16/17 10:21 PM

lederhosen makes a good point, not everyone wishes to use all the mods being offered and currently pick and choose the ones they prefer.
Posted By: OldHat

Re: User mods with OBD patch releases - 03/16/17 11:19 PM

I also agree with lederhosen. Is it possible to see a "list" of which MODS will be included?

Re: User mods with OBD patch releases - 03/17/17 09:13 AM

Hi all,
This was a suggestion by OBD as a means of incorporating mods (not every mod) into WOFF UE via OBD patches.
The intention was not to alienate or take advantage of creators of the mods.
OBD would of course contact individuals if OBD wished to incorporate their mod into WOFF UE. Any author would have the right to refuse incorporation of their mod, if they wished.
OBD aren't installing all mods, just the odd one that actually improves or fixes something - something they always strive to achieve.

However, users should have the choice to add a mod or not, so OBD are not looking to include all mods.

For future reference, when mods are created and published, would the authors add a statement in the README file, as to whether they allow the mod to be incorporated into WOFF. This will allow OBD to know from the start if a mod can be included or not..

Thanks.
Posted By: dutch

Re: User mods with OBD patch releases - 08/04/18 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by lederhosen
errrr.... is this fact now or just a thought.
I say this while I found a few mods that I didn't like and stopped using them

Same here, please leave the choice to the users.
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: User mods with OBD patch releases - 08/04/18 10:23 AM

Incorporating some of the “better and better simulation” mods is a great idea.
For example: the Historical Victory List mod.
Would very much like to see my JGSME list cut down a bit as remembering what is what sometimes gives my a pause.

Re: User mods with OBD patch releases - 08/04/18 11:00 PM

© 2024 SimHQ Forums