homepage

4L0M New Effects for UE

Posted By: 4L0M

4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/07/17 06:14 PM

OK, So here is current release 1_10 of my effects mod for WOFF UE. JSGME install recommended.

Contains New Padlock Icon, New Flak effects, New Smoke effects, New Craters, New Impact effects, New Fire effects, New textured cockpit blood, "Hot" bullet casing, New Dirt Spray textures, New Translucent Oil Textures for Windscreen damage and fuselage, New Dust effects, New trees for All seasons, New snow on buildings in season, New HD skyboxes. Retextured stack of objects and buildings. New roofs for all generic buildings. Retextured All Hangars. New season textures etc etc.

Making the mod for me is relatively easy, but the amount of time it takes to test everything and attempt to get screenshots to show it off is an unbelievable pain !

So I hope you enjoy it ! Thanks a lot !

DOWNLOAD MEDIAFIRE :

4L0MFX 1_10 Download

RELEASED

4L0M - Ground Season Textures V2

Hand painted colour replacement tool for the Ground texture tiles for Autumn, Autumn with Snow, Winter, Winter Light & Winter Medium. New grass, forests, Urban for all seasons. Made these Seasons less green and added a lot of brown grass/mud depth to the landscape. Left Summer/Spring and Winter Full Textures as stock for more variety. - Suggestion from Panama Red.

DOWNLOAD V2 - MEDIAFIRE :

4L0M Ground Season Textures V2 Download

4L0M Skybox Mod v1.1 - cleaned weird artifacts on Skybox 8 Grey Horizon textures

Mediafire Download :

4L0M Additional Skybox Mod v1.1

4L0M Cloud Mod_2k

Updated my Cloud Mod - Cloud textures are now 2048x2048/1024x1024px up from the stock of 1024x1024/512x512pxDownload JSGME Mod package :

4L0M Cloud Mod 2k

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

New Less Cluttered Padlock Target ( Available in multiple colours ) :

[Linked Image]

New translucent Oil effects on windscreen :

[Linked Image]

Posted By: gaw1

Re: JSGME oddities since 4.12 update - 01/07/17 07:18 PM

keep the faith....there will be somebody here who knows this stuff, will see your work, help put it in place. looks very cool!
Posted By: JJJ65

Re: JSGME oddities since 4.12 update - 01/07/17 07:47 PM

Did you modded a proper Effects.xml file located in WOFFScenery/Effects/Effects folder?

Re: JSGME oddities since 4.12 update - 01/07/17 07:53 PM

No mate. Thanks for the help. I will look into it tomorrow. 1 hour to make the mod, 3 hours trying to test it in game and get screenshots, 4 hours tearing out my hair trying to get it to work, lol.

Re: JSGME oddities since 4.12 update - 01/08/17 02:23 AM

In the end. it was indeed me being completely stupid............. duh

Now one stumbling block out of the way, here are some WIPS :

Re: JSGME oddities since 4.12 update - 01/08/17 04:50 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ArisFuser

Re: JSGME oddities since 4.12 update - 01/08/17 07:09 PM

Downloading, thanks for al the effort, will let you know my impressions.
Posted By: lederhosen

Re: JSGME oddities since 4.12 update - 01/09/17 12:49 PM

to be honest, my FPS dropped with these. I do like the Flak textures though.

Re: JSGME oddities since 4.12 update - 01/09/17 01:59 PM

Hi mate, Thanks for the feedback. Are you sure that it was my textures causing your framerate problem?

The reason I ask is I can't really see how, as the texture sizes in my mod are exactly the same as the originals. There is only 1 texture in my mod that's larger than an original texture and that one is only larger by less than 3kb.

Just for the record, I have noticed 0 frame rate difference on a single 970 gtx and i5 4690k using fraps and MSI Afterburner to monitor frames.
Posted By: Adger

Re: JSGME oddities since 4.12 update - 01/09/17 02:21 PM

Installed yesterday I haven't had much time to test yet but..the 2 flights I did take I noticed no loss in FPS on my rig.

Thanks 4LOM for this mod,looking forward to anything else you may have up your sleeve cheers
Posted By: Panama Red

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/09/17 02:39 PM

I started using this yesterday, and notice no drop in FPS. thumbsup
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/09/17 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Panama Red
I started using this yesterday, and notice no drop in FPS. thumbsup

+1 and I really enjoy the crash textures. Well done.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/09/17 03:29 PM

Thank you for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. Obviously this is only the first version so I aim to improve it and add to it over time. If any one does have any problems, then I will try to fix anything to the best of my ability.

Thanks for taking the effort to try it. I'm quite sad in regards to making mods as I enjoy it and find messing with textures/graphics, sound engines and game engines cathartic for some weird reason!?!, call it a hobby if you will, so If I ever make something I think someone else may get enjoyment from, I always try and release it for everyone to try. I appreciate that some of my stuff won't be everyone's cup of tea, but there's no harm in trying though.

Cheers !
Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/09/17 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: 4L0M
Thank you for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. Obviously this is only the first version so I aim to improve it and add to it over time. If any one does have any problems, then I will try to fix anything to the best of my ability.

Thanks for taking the effort to try it. I'm quite sad in regards to making mods as I enjoy it and find messing with textures/graphics, sound engines and game engines cathartic for some weird reason!?!, call it a hobby if you will, so If I ever make something I think someone else may get enjoyment from, I always try and release it for everyone to try. I appreciate that some of my stuff won't be everyone's cup of tea, but there's no harm in trying though.

Cheers !

I think we all appreciate modding efforts. Your contribution is a good one for sure.
There are a good many modders here but one talent we are short on is GMAX model rendering. Hopefully someone will come along to contribute.

I agree it is like a hobby and a break from flying. It also gives us a chance to give back to the community and to improve the options available in WOFF.

THANKS FOR YOR WORK!

Cheers mate!
Posted By: Banjoman

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/09/17 05:47 PM

4L0M, something weird just happened while I was using your mod. One of my flight members crashed and burned and the weird thing was there were two smoke pillars each going in the opposite direction. I didn't even think to take a screenshot at the time, so I'm sorry about that. Maybe this is something you can look into?
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/09/17 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Banjoman
4L0M, something weird just happened while I was using your mod. One of my flight members crashed and burned and the weird thing was there were two smoke pillars each going in the opposite direction. I didn't even think to take a screenshot at the time, so I'm sorry about that. Maybe this is something you can look into?

Banjoman, I've seen the 2-smoke crash in vanilla WOFF, even pre-UE. I don't think it has anything to do with 4L0M's mod.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/10/17 12:59 AM

I just had my a** handed to me in a dogfight, and when I crashed, I only saw one column of smoke.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/10/17 06:40 AM

Good job, 4L0M, thank you. I really like your new oil textures on front shield.
I am glad we have new fellow modder here too.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/10/17 10:04 PM

Fullofit, if you've seen it before then I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with the mod.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/12/17 09:23 PM

Hi there. Here is version 0.2 of my FX mod for testing ( JSGME INSTALL ) :

4L0MFX 0.2

Reworked ALL Blood spatter effects for better quality, New night lighting effects, New Oil Slick, New debris textures, Significantly better alpha channels on all textures, New fireballs, Tweaked flak and improved Alpha channel, New spark effect.

All feedback welcome as it's a nightmare trying to see them all in game to test!

ENJOY !

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/12/17 11:29 PM

4L0M;

I'm not sure I like the little balls of dark yellow/grey emitting from the fireballs in the screen shots you posted. They just don't seem realistic to my eyes, but hey, that is just my opinion.

Best Regards;

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/13/17 12:47 AM

Hi Robert. Here is a (very poor) video of it in action.

I wouldn't normally record using fraps and panning with the hatswitch, but I just saw it was going to blow, so I quickly hit record, so apologies for the poor quality.

Basically, the little fireballs that you reference, are also annoyingly the flame texture when a plane catches fire, just used in a different context.

Even more annoying, is that these plane flames are also emitted as even smaller versions in some situations. As the base game is so old, and has no particle effect system like modern game engines do, the majority of effects appear to be just textures continually repeated to create movement. There are also a relatively small amount of textures to work with too.

Changing the texture for the small fireballs in the above Video has the knock on effect of altering effects in other areas, so it's a bit of nightmare to try and figure out how best to balance this out.

Quite a few of the textures even appear to be hand drawn, such as the roads on the map. I have just gone through the concrete roads, dirt roads, and paved roads and given them actual photo textures.

Same with a lot of the effects, and the actual .dds files are tiny (256x256px for a fireball in some cases etc) and I'm attempting to use High Definition photos of actual fireballs etc to replace all the hand drawn stuff.

It's still early days though, so I appreciate the feedback. Like I keep stating, trying to check everything I have altered in different daylight conditions, different planes/missions etc, is nigh on impossible, so any feedback is really helpful.

Cheers!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/13/17 02:40 AM

4L0M, do you think you could possibly remove the white foamy outline on all of the water surfaces? I was going to work on that myself, but you sound like you are much better suited for this kind of work than I am. Boy, if you could that would be awesome, those foamy outlines have always bothered me. Of course, this is just my personal preference.
Posted By: OldHat

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/13/17 02:58 AM

Hi 4L0M,

I haven't had a chance to play WOFF or try your MOD due to RL issues. If you haven't already done so, are you able to separate your MOD, so I can choose which ones to install?

cheers

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/13/17 03:26 AM

@Banjoman, I will have a look for you mate. No promises, but I will see what I can do. Got another minimod to sort out first, but I will look at the weekend.

@Oldhat, I could try and split the mod into different categories, but it would be further down the line as it would take me ages to keep updating individual packs as opposed to just the one at the minute.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/13/17 04:34 AM

4L0M

Tnx for the explanation. I now understand the limitations you have to work with.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/14/17 02:37 PM

4L0MFX - 0.25 (JSGME INSTALL )

CHANGELOG :

Updated all Alpha Channels - Finished

NEW : All New Fire and Flame effect Replacers - 2x The Original reolution and Handmade from scratch.

With the new double resolution Flame and fire effects and my 4x Road Texture mod that I have been working on ( Not yet Included ), continually testing a run of quick combat of 20 v 20 planes in various weather conditions and maps VRAM usage has increased by about a measly 50mb. That's it.

Game with mod installed currently uses about 1.3GB of VRAM @1080p -60fps with 8xSQ and 2xSS enabled in Nvidia Inspector testing on an ASUS STRIX 970GTX.

DOWNLOAD :

4L0MFX 0.25

Feedback appreciated, Cheers !

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/14/17 09:25 PM

NEW : All Smoke effects replaced - 2x original resolution Handmade from scratch
New : supersmooth Alpha Channels fix for original textures

4L0MFX MOD_0.3 Update :

4L0MFX_0.3 Download

With the new double resolution Flame, fire and smoke effects and my 4x Road Texture mod that I have been working on ( Not yet Included ), continually testing a run of quick combat of 20 v 20 planes in various weather conditions and maps VRAM usage has increased by about a measly 50mb. That's it.

Game with mod installed currently uses about 1.3GB of VRAM @1080p -60fps with 8xSQ and 2xSS enabled in Nvidia Inspector testing on an ASUS STRIX 970GTX.

This mod will not decrease FPS in any way on any modern-ish GPU with 1.5GB or more onboard VRAM.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/14/17 11:33 PM

4L0M the oil spatter is stunning and alone worth the price of admission. The pictures don't do it justice especially when the light hits it just right. For those still sitting on the fence see below for the light and shadow play on the windscreen:

The resolution is bumped up and very detailed. Great job 4L0M. On thing I noticed is that when 2 splatters overlap they start to flicker as in fighting which one should stay in front of the other. And it seems very colourful. I don't know what burnt oil looks like on glass in real life, but I wouldn't imagine it this "nice".

I haven't noticed any difference in flak when compared to stock and I still need to see the smoke and fire. Will report once I get to see these effects. Once again, great job and don't stop!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/15/17 01:16 AM

Hi Fullofit, first off, thanks for trying the mod. I noticed the double texture overlap once too, but only in about 10 hours of flying, I have thought of 3 different ways to possibly remedy this, one super easy, one easy, but time consuming and one that may be a nightmare,lol.

Hopefully I will sort this minor issue out in time. To be honest, I'm amazed with all our new hardware we can actually run a 14 year old game engine anyway, So I suppose anything else to try and enhance the experience is a bonus !

In regard to the flak, I have only tweaked it slightly by brightening the Initial implosion, Giving it a ( In my opinion ), a high quality real smoke texture image and rendering it at 512x512px instead of 256x256, and cleaning up the slight pixellation in the Alpha channel for a higher defined look when one explodes up close.

Cheers!
Posted By: DukeIronHand

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/15/17 12:18 PM

Looking very nice sir.
Looks like a certain download.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/15/17 02:04 PM

From the pics, the smoke effects look very nice. The fire effects look a bit brighter than default WOFF.

Would it be possible to make the fire look more like flames (instead of fireballs) and mix in a bit of trailing smoke in the fire textures so that they can gradually transition into the smoke textures?

I didn't know that splitting the MOD would make too much work for updating. Maybe you can consider it later.
Posted By: KodiakJac

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/15/17 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Fullofit
4L0M the oil spatter is stunning and alone worth the price of admission. The pictures don't do it justice especially when the light hits it just right.

Agreed, Fullofit!

Hi 4L0M,

I know this is still a work in progress, so just some feedback. Take a bomber squad and heavily bomb a railyard from about 3000 feet. There's lots of stuff burning down there, vehicles (oil, gas, tires), warehouse goods, wood. etc. And the stock smoke colors reflect that with a mixture of white and black smoke, and multiple colors in between.

I'm running your v0.25 effects mod, and my squad bombed a railyard last night. The smoke was a homogeneous "tan" color like dust, even though we had just about everything on fire in the railyard.

Everything's looking great other than that from what I can tell!

Just thought I'd give some feedback while I'm thinking about it. I even circled the railyard thinking "I don't remember it looking like that."

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm guessing some of these smoke effects are also being used for the destruction of ground objects?

Something changed down there smile

Thanks for all this! thumbsup
Posted By: Creaghorn

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/15/17 07:44 PM

I haven't seen the flak textures, yet, but remember that flak is very finetuned in the effectfile, to randomly spread and turn into mushrooms and other random shapes. Using different textures, different sizes etc. might prevent this effect to be displayed properly since the finetuning was made for stock textures (which are also new in UE btw.)

The oil looks great btw. Not sure if it shoudn't be more in brownish colours, like oil for motors usually look like (maybe merged with this colourful version) but it looks great.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/15/17 08:09 PM

Mmmmm, mushrooms. readytoeat

Seriously though, Flak used to be black and white for the two sides. I think it's just black now. It could be just me, you know, mushrooms and all.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/15/17 08:59 PM

Fullofit, it is still whitish for the Allies.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/15/17 10:53 PM

Banjoman, that's good to know. I've only seen the black puffs flying on both sides.
Posted By: Sandbagger

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/16/17 05:22 PM

Version 0.25 now uploaded to the User Mods Page:

http://www.sandbagger.uk.com/indexWOFF.html

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/16/17 05:58 PM

Thanks Sandbagger.
It's nice to have a "permanent home" for things.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/16/17 08:17 PM

Ok, I'm confused. I just downloaded yesterday version .30 and now I see that version .25 is the latest, so which is it?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/16/17 08:51 PM

Ok, I'm confused. I just downloaded yesterday version .30 and now I see that version .25 is the latest, so which is it?

My fault - I didn't spot the version 0.3 in the thread.
I'll correct the upload just as soon as MediaFire allows me to download (only certain times I can do this for some reason)!!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/16/17 08:58 PM

Hi Banjoman, Sorry, That's my fault for not updating the first page !

Latest Version is Just released here :

4L0MFX_0.35

4L0MFX_0.35 :

Changelog:

4L0MFX - 0.35 (JSGME INSTALL )

All Windscreen Oil Effects darkened considerably as per suggestions - still retain translucent effect.

Stock Shockwhite Texture - removed pixellation.

Plane fire textures darkened as per suggestion.

All Smoke effects replacers finished?!? - 2x original resolution & Handmade from scratch.

NEW :

All new moon replacers - 16x higher quality moon replacers made from scratch (up from 64x64 pixels) - moon will appear to be half the size in the sky as it is currently in stock, no longer resembles Omnipresent Death Star. ( Considered experimental, as I'm having a hard time working out time and dates to view the full moon in game, etc, the two moon states that I have seen are working ). Please Please Please take a screenshot for me when the moon is out ! ! ! THANKS ! )

This mod will not decrease FPS in any way on any modern-ish GPU with 1.5GB or more onboard VRAM.

ENJOY !

ALLIED FLAK :

AXIS FLAK :

EDIT : Sorry Sandbagger to be annoying!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/16/17 09:00 PM

Thanks for the clarification, as I get older it gets easier to confuse me. biggrin

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/16/17 09:40 PM

Glad to see an update. I really am liking this MOD and don't want to overwhelm you with suggestions, but am throwing ideas your way. This is more nitpicking, but if you can get rid of those nice round balls of fire/smoke, that would be great. I believe that in WW1 flak explosions were not nice round balls, but looked more like the picture below:

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/16/17 09:46 PM

Mushrooms!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/16/17 09:47 PM

thumbsup

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/16/17 10:28 PM

Hi there OldHat. I think I could change the textures to approximate the above. All suggestions are welcome, whether I can can achieve them is another matter, but I will try to give it a go. Any help you can give me with reference material like images of the flak etc is really appreciated. More the better really.

I have increased the brightness of the moon textures I have made for 4L0MFX 0_35 MOD as an additional download. Maybe you prefer the originals, but these are here for anyone who wants to try them.

Here is a woefully poor screenshot of the moon in game using the brighter moon textures posted below.

Brighter moon textures addon for 4L0MFX 0_35 :

4L0MFX 0_35 Brighter moon textures

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/16/17 11:19 PM

Gak. Just d/l'ed the old version darn it.
Oh well. Anything for WOFF...
Posted By: Polovski

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/17/17 10:23 AM

For reference the Archie/Flak in WOFF UE should explode as a ball and reshape into a sort of mushroom effect as it dissipates.

Probably best to use a WW1 pic needed for reference rather than WW2 btw.
Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/17/17 11:35 AM

If we're nitpicking 4L0M, please don't use the terms "Axis" and "Allied" when referring to the Great War combatants. The terms you should use are "Central Powers" and "Entente" respectively. It's a little thing but as you are currently involved in amending little things ... smile2

Very slick mod you have going here by the way - well done!

Lou

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/17/17 02:10 PM

Latest version 0.35 and the add-on for brighter moon lighting now on the user mod page:

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/19/17 01:04 AM

Been working on some stuff for new update, I have remade all the trees in the game,lol :

Old Autumn :

New modded Autumn :

Hopefully have a release for tomorrow....... Fingers x

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/19/17 09:44 AM

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers woot thumbsup

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/19/17 10:32 AM

The concept is really nice 4L0M. I do wonder however if it is possible to have some darker brown and red tones as well?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/19/17 12:20 PM

probably a typo....meant .35 not .25

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/19/17 01:35 PM

4L0MFX 0_4 Released :

4L0MFX 0_4 Download

4L0MFX - 0.4 (JSGME INSTALL ) - uninstall previous version with JSGME first and then delete old mod folder before installing new versions

NEW :

Approx 90% New Hand made from scratch Textures for trees for ALL seasons created at a higher resolution and downsampled to retain image quality.

More Varied colour palette and hue for Spring/Summer trees.

All New Colour varieties for Autumn Textures, hopefully making it look like autumn, and not just a slightly greyer green landscape.

New colour variations for all Winter trees including snow build up depending on Weather.

Addon : Brighter 16x quality resolution Moon Textures new included as standard.

ENJOY !

SPRING/SUMMER :

AUTUMN :

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/19/17 01:44 PM

Very nice 4L0M, very nice indeed!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/19/17 02:02 PM

Looks incredible mate,thank you cheers

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/19/17 06:48 PM

Now that is the color variation I was looking to see thumbsup

Excellent work and a must have mod.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/19/17 06:57 PM

Thx thumbsup

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/19/17 08:42 PM

Nice variation 40LM thanks for all you do. To me working on WOFF so long they stand out as very saturated, they may look better with some desaturation to make it blend in better with the realistic landscape.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/19/17 10:15 PM

40.....so interesting to see the possibilities.....so great to see all of you carrying the the mods forward. And the JGSME dodge let's us see one or the original other.....thanks Devs for keeping an open mind!!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/19/17 11:28 PM

Go 40LM go!
Nice work!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/20/17 12:18 AM

Someone is nearly invisible in their camouflage against the new trees.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/20/17 04:46 PM

@Fullofit, I could make them all luminous green if you'd prefer?

RELEASE : 4L0MFX 0_45

Modified :

Tried Desaturation of Trees on Spring/Summer & Autumn sets as per suggestions.

See how you all like these ( Or not, lol ). Thanks for all the kind words by the way, I appreciate it.

I really love this sim, especially the terrain textures, they are outstanding. ( That's high praise coming from someone who has spent £500+ on Terrain textures like Orbx, GEX, Ultimate Environment etc for FSX/Prepar3d. This is probably the only sim ever that I have loved them "Out of the Box" as it were. )

DOWNLOAD :

4L0MFX 0_45 DOWNLOAD

New Summer/Spring :

New Autumn :

Hope you all Enjoy!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/20/17 04:51 PM

Looks amazing I'm hoping to try later 4LOM and il post feedback,and hopefully a couple of screenshots aswell.

P.s do you ever sleep biggrin

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/20/17 06:42 PM

thumbsup

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/20/17 09:34 PM

Version 0.45 posted on User Mods Page:

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/20/17 10:31 PM

@Fullofit, I could make them all luminous green if you'd prefer?

4L0M, you could make them all acid pink and they'd still look good. Great work!
Posted By: HarryH

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/21/17 04:20 AM

Wow! These are fabulous! I do prefer the de-saturated versions. Nice work 4L0M, and thank you!

H

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/21/17 03:29 PM

4L0M, do you think you could add snow to the building roofs for the winter scenery?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/21/17 04:52 PM

I suspect not. Buildings are not part of the global scenery world.

Wow, 4LOm, I stand corrected. It seems you found a way. I would be very interested to know the details should you wish to disclose. PM is fine.

Thanks mate!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/21/17 04:59 PM

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/21/17 05:07 PM

Beautiful!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/21/17 05:33 PM

Cheers mate.

Pretty rough and ready, seems to work fine, but please test, I don't have time at the minute as I want to watch the Tottenham game at 5:30 !

RELEASED : 4L0MFX 0_5

NEW : Added Snow to building roofs for Winter medium & Winter Full textures.

DOWNLOAD :

4L0MFX 0_5 DOWNLOAD

enjoy !

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/21/17 05:35 PM

Thanks for this quick update. Enjoy the game.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/21/17 06:21 PM

You are machine smile.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/22/17 01:46 PM

The desat trees look better to me nice 4L0M

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/22/17 08:55 PM

This is just incredible, 4L0M!

The varied coloration of the trees/forest looks fantastic in the Spring/Summer and Autumn! Absolutely fantastic!

But I vote for even more desaturation on the deciduous trees than what is in v0.5

The color is great, but they're just jumping out at me too much. And the conifers look great, but the deciduous are just too "electric" on my rig.

As you are fiddling with them, maybe include a 2nd set that are highly desat that we can trade out?

Now I'm off to look at these winter textures!

Thanks! thumbsup
Posted By: SkyHigh

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/22/17 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Bucksnort
This is just incredible, 4L0M!

The varied coloration of the trees/forest looks fantastic in the Spring/Summer and Autumn! Absolutely fantastic!

But I vote for even more desaturation on the deciduous trees than what is in v0.5

The color is great, but they're just jumping out at me too much. And the conifers look great, but the deciduous are just too "electric" on my rig.

As you are fiddling with them, maybe include a 2nd set that are highly desat that we can trade out?

Now I'm off to look at these winter textures!

Thanks! thumbsup

I second that. It is nearly perfect now, but just needs the deciduous trees to be a little more understated.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/22/17 10:28 PM

It seems the snow cover on the roofs of buildings doesn't work on buildings defined in the facility files for aerodromes. It does however show up fine in towns and villages part of the overall WOFF world.
Posted By: BuckeyeBob

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/22/17 10:39 PM

What do you think my batsman is doing when I am out fighting for God and Country--sweeping snow off the roof of buildings at the airfield, of course! We run a neat and tidy military operation here, mate!

P.S. Ditto on 4Lom's effects. They are fantastic!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/22/17 10:54 PM

Cheers everyone. The snow on roofs are only shown on "generic" buildings. If I added it to the other buildings they would show up in all weather conditions, so this is the best compromise. Better than nothing I suppose.

I will look at more desaturation of trees soon.
Posted By: cptroyce

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/23/17 02:11 AM

4LOM

Your environment additions to WOFF UE are just terrific! Thanks for your efforts.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/23/17 06:50 PM

Version 0.5 now on the User Mods Page:

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/23/17 08:28 PM

RELEASE 4L0MFX 0_55 :

NEW :

Retextured Hedgerows - Spring/Summer & Autumn

More subtle rain effects

Changed : 25% Less saturation of Spring/Summer & Autumn Trees as per suggestions

Download :

4L0MFX 0_55 DOWNLOAD

enjoy !

Messing around with skyboxes, no ETA :

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/23/17 08:56 PM

Version 0.55 now on the User Mods Page:

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/23/17 08:58 PM

Brilliant again 4LOM,look at that skyboxes pic,does this mean it may be possible to eradicate the sometimes flickering clouds mate?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/23/17 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Adger
Brilliant again 4LOM,look at that skyboxes pic,does this mean it may be possible to eradicate the sometimes flickering clouds mate?

+1 to all of that. The skyboxes look fantastic. Thank you!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/23/17 10:11 PM

Adger:
Skyboxes have nothing to do with Clouds, that is a completely different problem within the CFS3.exe.

Skyboxes are only the distant horizon sides, top and bottom, not the clouds themselves.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/23/17 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Panama Red
Adger:
Skyboxes have nothing to do with Clouds, that is a completely different problem within the CFS3.exe.

Skyboxes are only the distant horizon sides, top and bottom, not the clouds themselves.

Ahh right thanks for clearing that up PR cheers

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/24/17 12:27 AM

4L0MFX 0_60 RELEASE :

Changed : Desaturation done on all Spring/Summer & Autumn trees around airfields.

enjoy !

DOWNLOAD 4L0MFX 0_60 :

4L0MFX 0_60 DOWNLOAD

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/25/17 09:44 AM

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/25/17 11:47 AM

Those sky's look brilliant,great pics 4LOM

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/25/17 12:17 PM

Version 0.6 now on the User Mods Page:

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/25/17 05:31 PM

Thanks Adger !

RELEASED : 4L0MFX 0_65 :

NEW :

99% of Trees retextured on Spring/Summer & Autumn Textures.

Small Trees Retextured.

Bushes Retextured

GrayHorizon skybox - 2 x Higher Resolution skybox (2048x2048px) created in 16 BIT so no banding and zero light bleed - you will either like it or completely hate it, . - for testing.

DOWNLOAD 4L0MFX 0_65 :

DIRECT DOWNLOAD :

4L0MFX 0_65 - Direct Download

MEDIAFIRE :

4L0MFX 0_65 DOWNLOAD

enjoy !

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/25/17 05:52 PM

4L0M

At the rate you are releasing updates I can't keep pace. Have you got more coming and should I wait??

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/25/17 08:09 PM

Hi Robert, you may as well wait mate, that's fine. I have added another download link straight from my website, so hopefully an instant download through the forum, or a mediafire link as backup if the direct link doesn't work.

Updates come when I'm testing something or happy with something to upload. I can't put timescales on this I'm afraid.

Cheers !

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/25/17 08:27 PM

4L0M, just wanted to say that the snow on the roofs of the buildings is a really neat touch. Keep up the great work.
Posted By: Hayle55

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/25/17 10:12 PM

I haven't flown a mission with 0_60 yet. And now......

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/25/17 10:24 PM

Wow...
Where have you been all these years?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/25/17 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
Wow...

He's been honing his skills until he was ready to pop out of the woodwork! biggrin

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/25/17 11:22 PM

Version 0.65 now on the User Mods Page:

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/26/17 06:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Robert_Wiggins
Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
Wow...

He's been honing his skills until he was ready to pop out of the woodwork! biggrin

biggrin

Thank you 4L0M. Good work, indeed thumbsup.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 10:14 AM

RELEASED 4L0MFX 0_70

NEW :

All new Skyboxes - 2 x Higher Resolution skyboxes (2048x2048px) created in 16 BIT so no banding and zero light bleed.

Tweaked Tree saturation for all seasons - hopefully final.

DOWNLOAD DIRECT :

4L0MFX 0_70 Direct Download

MEDIAFIRE :

4L0MFX 0_70 - Mediafire

enjoy !

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 12:08 PM

Those shots look incredible. Just amazing work 4L0M!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Hellshade
Those shots look incredible. Just amazing work 4L0M!

+1. Brilliant work mate

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 01:05 PM

Wowzers! Outstanding mod 4L0M, love being able to see the fall colours now. On the clouds, one thing I noticed when I was running your mod while working on my Bostraincourt update, the high wispy clouds look rather flat compared to the originals and compared to others you have reworked.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 01:55 PM

Cheers guys. @RAF_Louvert, can you send me a screen shot please? Thank you.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 02:39 PM

Won't be until after I get back home, which will be quite late tonight.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 03:22 PM

Gorgeous, 4LOM! Outstanding!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 04:06 PM

Thanks BuckeyeBob.

So......I have made a cloud mod as a seperate mod from my FX mod. The reason it's seperate is due to the fact that everything in my FX mod I have personally made from scratch, but the textures in the cloud mod have been ported and converted by me from something else. All 512x512px original clouds are now 1024x1024px, and currently contains 57 different clouds.

I have no idea what the rules on this forum are for such a mod, so if anybody wants to try it, I will upload it to my website and if you want to try it, PM me, and I will send you a link. Cheers.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 04:23 PM

4LOM

I am definitely interested in what you have done with the cloud files. In fact, I am currently in the last stages of working on a weather mod, which will be in two parts. The first part will be a simple replacement of the OFFHistoricalWeather files for 1915 - 1918. The second part involves tweaking the types of clouds found in the WOFF weather folders (Good, Light, Medium, etc.). However, these are just text file changes, as I am a horrible artist. So, I would be very interested to see how your new cloud textures might look in my mod. Thanks.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 04:30 PM

BuckeyeBob, there is an existing weather mod already out there. I think ArisFuser did it, if I can find it I will send it to you and you can use it in your mod. I loved the mod, but the lightening strikes really screwed with the FPS, as a matter of fact, on my system the game would hitch every time lightening struck.

Edit: Just sent you a PM with the old weather mod.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 04:37 PM

I'll be honest... I wasn't going to try this mod as I didn't like the oil textures, but I broke down and got the latest. Just when you think there's nothing else one can do for the Sim, I was blown away. The tree colors and rain were great.

And now a sky mod in the future.... I don't suppose you could make foto relalistic trench tiles..I've been trying for years to no avail. Think thats the last thing that needs a big change.

danke Dude.
Posted By: Creaghorn

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 05:02 PM

Looks good 4LOM
Is it just me or does the sky look a bit too caribbeanlike bright. Maybe it's just me, but for me it looks a bit too bright for northern france.

Did you take a look into the effects to make your new flak spread and turn into mushrooms etc.? salute

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Creaghorn
Looks good 4LOM
Is it just me or does the sky look a bit too caribbeanlike bright. Maybe it's just me, but for me it looks a bit too bright for northern france.

Love the screenshots but I will second Creaghorns observation. I have no idea what northern France skies look like, but those skies colorations do look familiar to me and I live in Florida. wink

That said, your work is simply stunning so thank you!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 05:29 PM

Yes i thought the sky was too light as well but it may be just the picture sampling. I would have to see it in the mod to be sur.

This is great work you are taking on 4L0M. Very much appreciated.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 07:18 PM

Simply gorgeous, 4L0M!

These are from v0.65

There is mention of sky colors being too rich from other users, and I think the sky was a bit too dark for this F.2b noon flight, but it was a dark day. And I haven't seen v0.70 yet...so never mind! smile

Overall, this is just incredible work!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 07:35 PM

Hey, it just hit me. Why are my trees not winter trees around the airfield in the SPAD image? Is that the norm (this is January 1918)?

I haven't caught up with all these landscape mods yet, I just load them up! smile

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 07:56 PM

Bucksnort, those are winter trees in your last shot. If you look closely you won't see any leaves on the trees except for the evergreens. The sky looks great to me.
Posted By: loftyc

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: lederhosen
I'll be honest... I wasn't going to try this mod as I didn't like the oil textures, but I broke down and got the latest. ...

just open the folder and delete/rename those files you don't want before installing. that should do the trick

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/27/17 10:10 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for the kind words.

Thanks to Panama Red graciously talking me through the various sky states, (it took me a while to grasp it, lol), it appears there are 5 different types of skyboxes we can currently use in game. I wondered if anyone knows whether this is hardcoded into the game engine, or could we make more for even more variety?

As for the sky colours, I can always change some of these, so feedback always welcome, cheers!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/28/17 12:26 AM

Hi 40LM,

first off, thanks again for injecting some fresh and exciting elements into our beloved sim smile

...one issue that's been around forever is that occasionally, when you fly through a cloud, you see the flickering edges of it as sharp, defined lines. We're all totally used to it happening and they soon pass, but I wondered if by doubling the texture size we're going to see these edges half as often as before...? That's my twisted brain for you smile Anyhow I'd love to try out your new clouds!

H

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/28/17 01:23 AM

Again thanks 4LOM for your continued work.
A quick one if I may? Has your mod changed the rain effects? I'm seeing like vertical lines as rain compared to OBD,S original individual rain if you know what I mean..thanks pal

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/28/17 01:57 AM

Yes, I changed the rain, I can't stand the flying through hyperspace effect of the normal rain in Cockpit view which is where I spend 99.9% of my time, bar taking screenshots.

I Tried to make it slightly more subtle. FSX is the worst for this. Just looks like you are continually flying through a fixed cone. I can't fly FSX/P3D without precipfx.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/28/17 02:06 AM

Yes, I changed the rain, I can't stand the flying through hyperspace effect of the normal rain in Cockpit view which is where I spend 99.9% of my time, bar taking screenshots.

I Tried to make it slightly more subtle. FSX is the worst for this. Just looks like you are continually flying through a fixed cone. I can't fly FSX/P3D without precipfx.

Thanks il spend more time later with your rain effects..I agree totally with you regarding FSX/P3D,thanks again mate

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/28/17 02:11 AM

If you don't like them delete the 4 raina - raind.dds files in effects/weather folder before you activate the mod.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/28/17 10:19 AM

If you don't like them delete the 4 raina - raind.dds files in effects/weather folder before you activate the mod.

Thanks 4LOM,when this lad of mine jumps on his PS4 FIFA I might be able to grab a flight at last hahaha

Cheers again for this excellent mod
Posted By: Russkly

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/28/17 04:23 PM

@4L0M,

Seriously impressive work, mate.

Many thanks for doing all that.

WOFF UE now looks even better than ever.

R
Posted By: manitouguy

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/28/17 05:02 PM

yes thanks! and thanks to all to the added possibilities -

the .70 version - skys and clouds look great!as do spring trees and shaders and g effects and on and on .. smile

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/28/17 06:30 PM

The sky boxes look great. One thing they don't look quite right in the colour need to have less turquoise/green in them though for Europe.

example attached

This one https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo-e...e-image41349984
at the top is the correct colour, there is a turquoise one at the bottom that is produced using coloured filter and polarising filter likely.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/28/17 08:03 PM

4L0M

As I posted previously, this is just a fantastic mod all around!!
I agree with other comments that on the screen shots posted, the sky blue does appear turquoise "Caribbean" blue.

Please keep up your great work.
Posted By: SkyHigh

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/28/17 08:12 PM

The colour on the screen shots looks too turquoise, but it seems more realistic on my pc. I appreciate that computer setups have multiple variables and others may have a completely different experience.
Posted By: MajorMagee

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/28/17 08:25 PM

I did a set of skybox mods for myself a while back, and spent a lot of time looking out the window to get the colors right. The color shift from darker blue at the zenith toward white as you get down near the horizon can be difficult to replicate convincingly.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/28/17 08:40 PM

we need better trench textures you guru's and then tis sim is complete

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/28/17 11:36 PM

I have removed the skyboxes from the effects mod, and made a seperate skybox mod.

I have basically made 50 new skyboxes, placed in 10 different folders, ie; Skybox1, Skybox2 etc, so you can choose one of the skybox folder sets in JSGME before you fly so you have more variety in game with easy implementation. Still tweaking it so no ETA yet.

Some screenshots of skybox mod :

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/29/17 12:11 AM

thumbsup cheers

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/29/17 12:37 PM

RELEASE : 4L0MFX 0_75

NEW :

Reduced "Foam" effect on water body shorelines by about 2/3rds.

First attempt at "Mushroom" Flak.

50 New Skyboxes split into 10 individual folders - IMPORTANT! Only have 1 folder activated at a time!

So, for example, activate 4L0MFX 0_75 mod. Then choose 1 Sky folder and install that. 4L0MFX 0_75 mod can stay activated all the time, but if you want to try a new skybox folder, use JSGME to de-activate the current Skyfolder before activating a new one.

Modified : Less saturation of Spring/Summer & Autumn Trees around airfields

I obviously haven't been able to test all skyboxes under all time and weather conditions, so if any really stand out as sucking badly, let me know which folder you had activated at the time and I will have a look.

DIRECT DOWNLOAD :

4L0MFX 0_75 - Direct Download

MEDIAFIRE :

4L0MFX 0_75 Mediafire Link

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/29/17 02:51 PM

Thx 40....these are really nice! Anybody have a short descriptor of what look is in what skybox/ Trying #1.....looks normal to paler blue....nice! here's #1

#2....a darker, deeper blue...pretty but more what I'd expect of an alpine sky instead of a Flanders one. I'll post pix too if that's OK w/ 40?....here's #2

here's #3....very dark, very deep royal blue

#4...darker than 1, not as dark as 3....my fav so far.....close Palatinate blue

#5....sky blue....pretty natural looking....I don't know....hell of a lot of blues out there
#6.....looks like 5ish w/ a bit of green???

#7.....I'll be hornswoggled if I can tell what's different here, looks sort of like a midpoint between 1 and 5?

#8....zowie, quite dramatic....a deep Yale blue w/ pale banding down low....cool

#9.....a sombre almost menacing steel blue

and finally....#10....looks pretty clean.....maybe the default....I'll up load a pic w/ no skybox just for interest

no skybox....well, we're certainly spoiled for choice......thx 40....fun

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/29/17 03:42 PM

That's a great idea, but until we can test them all and we are all happy they all work for everyone, then I will try and sort them in some kind of order. I just wanted some variety and this seemed like the quickest way to achieve it. Invariably there will need to be some sort of tweaking to be done, but this is just a first attempt.

The more pictures the better by the way mate, it really helps me to see what the mod looks like on other peoples machines.
Cheers!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/29/17 04:25 PM

cool...do the skyboxes affect clouds, rain, etc......or just sky color? The colors I've put up are first shot on a cloudless day....and seem to change a bit w/ altitude and sun angle. I'm completely ignorant of what a "skybox" encompasses so if these are helpful...great. Meantime....what a choice!!! Many Thx

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/29/17 05:23 PM

Thx once again 4L0M,

I think I might be being stupid, but I can't find an .exe in the 075 download.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,

R

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/29/17 05:31 PM

4L0M

Your Skybox Mod in addition to the other aspects of this Mod..is just awesome!!
The choices allowed now, to WOFF simmers because of this addition, is really "above and beyond" IMHO.

It seems that all those involved in the "Modding momentum" that is going on in WOFF UE at the moment, it at an all time high.

Much, much appreciated on my end

cheers

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/29/17 06:57 PM

Version 0.75 uploaded to the User Mods Page:

Posted By: Stache

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/29/17 07:46 PM

Thanks for all your work on this. I've not had a chance to fly much recently, got a bit in last night and I was enjoying the different sky's. I had one flight with rain and I too prefer the stock WOFF UE rain.

I think I am on v.70 of your mod.
I understand how to revert the rain back should I choose.

Thanks again. thumbsup

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/29/17 08:05 PM

4L0M

If one wants to go back to default WOFF UE sky box for comparisons, which sky box number is it? Or is that in the 7.5 mod itself?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/29/17 08:05 PM

Ta.

Will take this for a test drive tomorrow morning.

R

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/29/17 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: cptroyce
4L0M

If one wants to go back to default WOFF UE sky box for comparisons, which sky box number is it? Or is that in the 7.5 mod itself?

Just don't have one of my skyfolders activated in JSGME, then you can fly in stock conditions. You can still have the effects mod activated.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/30/17 05:14 AM

Thanks for the reply

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/30/17 10:32 AM

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/30/17 03:51 PM

Bucksnort, those are winter trees in your last shot. If you look closely you won't see any leaves on the trees except for the evergreens.

Ok, Banjoman, thanks! I couldn't quite tell from the pic I posted. I've been moving things all back and forth with all these airfield and landscapes mods, and then I fiddle with some of them, and then sometimes I wonder what I've done to myself and I have to start over! hahaha

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/31/17 05:56 AM

Hi 4L0M,

Would you be willing to make an alternate set of your Spring/Summer trees like you have multiple versions of your Skybox?

When I bought my monitor, I remember the reviews said that it had a green color bias (I guess many low end and mid-range monitors have some form of color bias). But I never noticed it until I ran into these Spring/Summer trees smile

Your Autumn and Winter tree sets are gorgeous. I just can't get over your Autumn tree set. And I love how the extra color variation adds to the 3 dimensional feel of the ground view.

But on my monitor your Spring/Summer tree set is way too green. Or way, way, way too bright. The light trees are lime green, and the darker trees are emerald green. On my monitor it looks like I'm flying in Smurfland...lol smile

When you have the time, would you please consider offering a way radically less bright green Spring/Summer tree set. I can delete the Spring/Summer folders to enjoy the rest of this wonderful mod, but would sure like to see a less bright green version of your Spring/Summer set.

And then there's also that one bright green tree in your Autumn set. If you could include it in this request, that would be great. Its killing me...lol hahaha

Thanks!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/31/17 10:13 AM

Hi Bucksnort, I have done one final pass on the summer set, I have desaturated all of them.....they are really starting to annoy me now, lol :

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/31/17 09:18 PM

4L.......will this pass version be loaded here since 75? Thx

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/31/17 09:38 PM

@gaw1 ....YES !

RELEASE 4L0MFX 0_80

Changed : Spring/Summer Tree saturation

NEW :

Removed all foam from waters edge.

New higher quality textures :

HD crate textures

New Barbed wire fence post texture

New Roof texture for Airfield farmhouses

New seamless texture for dirt runway

New seamless texture for Concrete runway

ALL tent hangars for both sides now have a new canvas texture, new wood flooring - all destruction states

ALL wooden Hangars completely retextured - all destruction states

New cliffs of Dover texture

Tents retextured with canvas texture

St Martin, French Church and Cathedral Amiens - Added Stained Glass windows

DIRECT DOWNLOAD :

4L0MFX 0_80 - Direct Download

Mediafire DOWNLOAD :

4L0MFX 0_80 - Mediafire Link

BEFORE :

AFTER :

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 01/31/17 09:48 PM

You truly are the man. Thanks so much for the water. clapping

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/01/17 12:37 AM

Thank you 4LOM awesome work,thanks for removing the foam

This pic was taken using your brilliant mod with skybox 4,No Sweetfx was used

SWEETFX ON on this shot.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/01/17 06:32 AM

You truly are the man. Thanks so much for the water. clapping

+1 thumbsup

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/01/17 12:36 PM

most definitely....thx!!!!
Posted By: Bronnx

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/01/17 01:52 PM

which skybox do you like most, guys?
by the way, it's recommended to do clean install of UE,or upgrade?
Thanks

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/01/17 02:44 PM

Either way works, but obviously a clean install reduces more potential "glitches" than when installing the game over the top of an older version.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/01/17 03:03 PM

4L.....were there supposed to be new skyboxes in 8.0?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/01/17 03:05 PM

@gaw1, no mate. You can keep the Skybox folders as they are. This is just an update to the effects mod. The numbered effects mod updates have no bearing on the skyboxes at all. They are completely separate entities.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/01/17 06:01 PM

Does the SweetFX works, with UE?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/01/17 06:23 PM

Dang.....deleted them already. I'll look for 'em in mods? Thx

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/01/17 06:55 PM

yes

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/01/17 07:07 PM

did you answer to my question?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/01/17 07:11 PM

Bronnx, SweetFX works great in UE.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/01/17 09:25 PM

Thanks, Banjoman
I did use it with WoFF 3,but i forgot how to make it work

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/02/17 06:03 AM

@gaw1 ....YES !

RELEASE 4L0MFX 0_80

Changed : Spring/Summer Tree saturation

NEW :

Removed all foam from waters edge.

New higher quality textures :

HD crate textures

New Barbed wire fence post texture

New Roof texture for Airfield farmhouses

New seamless texture for dirt runway

New seamless texture for Concrete runway

ALL tent hangars for both sides now have a new canvas texture, new wood flooring - all destruction states

ALL wooden Hangars completely retextured - all destruction states

New cliffs of Dover texture

Tents retextured with canvas texture

St Martin, French Church and Cathedral Amiens - Added Stained Glass windows

Uploaded to the User Mods page:

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/02/17 10:25 PM

RELEASED 4L0MFX 0_85

NEW :

Waters edge textures, added sand/dirt texture, cleaned up 7 of 8 Alpha channel lanes - 99% seamless.

ALL warehouses - New Higher definition roof textures

ALL generic buildings in the game (50+) - new higher definition and a lot more variation to textures for all roof textures including full sets for all seasons with snow added as appropriate

New high quality Crate texture at Factory

New 1910's Gauloise poster added to covered Factory Crate

Generic churches - Added Stained Glass windows

DIRECT DOWNLOAD :

4L0MFX 0_85 Direct Download

MEDIAFIRE

4L0MFX 0_85 - Mediafire

Enjoy !

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/02/17 10:41 PM

You're a busy fellow 4L0M, thanks for all your work on this! One small thing, the sand along the river looks far more "tropical" than what you see in England, Belgium, or France. It should be a sort of medium grey with just a hint of reddish undertone, generally speaking.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/02/17 10:48 PM

You are a machine. notworthy

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/02/17 10:51 PM

I live on the South coast of the UK, This beach is 2 minutes from my front door :

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/02/17 10:54 PM

Apologies 4L0M if I was being vague, I was only talking about along the rivers. The beaches look super.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/02/17 11:01 PM

One size fits all I'm afraid, there are no separate beach and river textures unfortunately, and the easiest place to test in the game was Dover, so this is a compromise.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/02/17 11:04 PM

Aaah, well there you have it then. Thanks again for all your time and effort on these wonderful tweaks.

Posted By: AceMedic88

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/02/17 11:42 PM

Phenomenal work!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/03/17 06:41 AM

One size fits all I'm afraid, there are no separate beach and river textures unfortunately, and the easiest place to test in the game was Dover, so this is a compromise.

Yep, that is the main downside - these coast/bank/shore textures are common for all water areas - sea beaches, river banks, lakes, ponds, etc. sigh.
So, that is quite difficult to make these textures that fit well for all above mentioned parts sigh.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/05/17 05:19 AM

RELEASE 4L0MFX 0_90

NEW :

3 Barracks buildings retextured roofs, retextured barracks 1 completely - all destruction states

ALL Dock buildings - New Higher definition roof textures & added textures

Stone bridge retextured

3D grass retextured

New Crate texture at Docks

Download Direct :

4L0MFX 0_90 - Direct

Mediafire :

4L0MFX Mediafire download

4L0M Skybox Mod v1.1 - cleaned weird artifacts on Skybox 8 Grey Horizon textures

Mediafire Download :

4L0M Additional Skybox Mod v1.1

4L0M Cloud Mod_2k

Updated my Cloud Mod - Cloud textures are now 2048x2048/1024x1024px up from the stock of 1024x1024/512x512px

As this mod contains content that I have ported from other sources, a Direct Download is available from my website in the news section :

xx4L0Mxx Website

enjoy !

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/05/17 09:53 AM

Thanks a million, 4L0M
Posted By: ArisFuser

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/05/17 12:29 PM

Thanks so much for the continous effort 4L0M!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/05/17 03:40 PM

Despite being called the Ultimate Edition, WOFF UE just seems to keep getting better and better thanks to the incredible community we have. Awesome work 4L0M! Thank you!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/05/17 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Hellshade
Despite being called the Ultimate Edition, WOFF UE just seems to keep getting better and better thanks to the incredible community we have. Awesome work 4L0M! Thank you!

+1

I'd been away for a few months until recently, and UE + 4L0M's work continues to amaze and impress.

R
Posted By: AceMedic88

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/06/17 12:13 AM

I can't wait to try out the cloud mod. Keep up the great work. I look forward to every update.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/06/17 02:05 AM

RELEASE 4L0MFX 0_90

NEW : 3 Barracks buildings retextured roofs, retextured barracks 1 completely - all destruction states

Great stuff, 4L0M! I'm a big jabo guy, and I've been watching the building destruction getting better and better with each version/mission I fly thumbsup

When you get a chance, could you take a look at the brick factory with the smokestack in the center of the "factory" target site. When you would completely destroy it it used to disappear. Now it just stands there undamaged even when your TAC tells you its destroyed. Maybe you could make it work better!

Thanks!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/06/17 03:32 PM

First off, thanks for the kind words everyone!

Hi Bucksnort.

I checked out the "Brick Works" and you are correct that the model doesn't change when damaged. I looked at the textures for the 3 states of destruction for the model in stock Woff and the textures are exactly the same, they are all the same pristine building texture.

So, I have just retextured the Brick works, including two extra textures with damage affects and a "Completely wrecked" alpha channel for the destruction states like all the majority of the other buildings have, took a free flight at Dover in England with some bombs armed. Dover is the easiest place to test, as when you start a free flight here, if you instantly take a 90 degree turn left, you are only 1 minute away from 2 Brick works close together.

I dropped my bombs on the 2 Brick works, and all the other surrounding buildings show the damage textures, but the Brick factories are unfortunately still pristine, even with my new textures, so they must be missing the trigger telling the game to switch textures on this building.

If anyone knows where the damage state triggers are called from, I have already made the textures, so it could be a super simple fix possibly?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/06/17 04:58 PM

Uploaded to the users mods page:

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/10/17 01:44 PM

RELEASE 4L0MFX 0_95

NEW :

New metal impact bullet holes

Brick Works retextures - All damage states now included - needs someone to work out where the trigger is to enable damage states on buildings before we can see the damage, but the textures are now done for this as they are missing in the stock textures.

All different tracer smoke now has actual smoke textures

Bullet tracer smoke - darker smoke texture, New alpha channel made with a smoke brush

New tracer rounds - Slightly Brighter, but a lot smaller - no more Star Wars Trench Run lightsabers

Modified :

Darkened all fuselage oil spills ( meant to do this ages ago, but forgot about it ! )

IMPORTANT !!!!!! As I have modified the tracers, This WILL conflict with JJJ65's tracer mod. I would like to point out that I like his mod, and I have been using it myself, I will send JJJ65 a PM, to see if we can create a hybrid version.

DOWNLOAD MEDIAFIRE :

4L0MFX 0_95 Download

enjoy !

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/10/17 04:44 PM

This is an awesome mod that keeps getting better! I am also really liking the new hi res clouds. It's subtle but they seem to compliment the landscape better than the stock clouds. Amazing work, sir!

H

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/10/17 07:03 PM

RELEASE 4L0MFX 0_95

NEW :

New metal impact bullet holes

Brick Works retextures - All damage states now included - needs someone to work out where the trigger is to enable damage states on buildings before we can see the damage, but the textures are now done for this as they are missing in the stock textures.

All different tracer smoke now has actual smoke textures

Bullet tracer smoke - darker smoke texture, New alpha channel made with a smoke brush

New tracer rounds - Slightly Brighter, but a lot smaller - no more Star Wars Trench Run lightsabers

Modified :

Darkened all fuselage oil spills ( meant to do this ages ago, but forgot about it ! )

IMPORTANT !!!!!! As I have modified the tracers, This WILL conflict with JJJ65's tracer mod. I would like to point out that I like his mod, and I have been using it myself, I will send JJJ65 a PM, to see if we can create a hybrid version.

DOWNLOAD MEDIAFIRE :

4L0MFX 0_95 Download

enjoy !

Uploaded to the users mods page:

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/10/17 11:31 PM

Whew.
Go team go!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/12/17 03:14 PM

I don't suppose anyone has .psd templates for skinning at all? I want to make myself some custom skins.

Otherwise it's a massive pain !

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/12/17 03:42 PM

4L0M

I like that shade of black!!
I may be able to help you but I am away from home at the moment and my day is busy.
I will PM you later.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/12/17 08:33 PM

4L0M, contact Rick Rawlings. He is the one who created the skinning tutorial and I'm sure he can help you.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/12/17 08:41 PM

Hi 40LM,
PM sent yep
Posted By: Blackard

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/14/17 12:37 AM

Shot up my own airfield (on quick combat) to check out the effects. Worth a court-martial to see.

Looks awesome. if you click on it you may be able to zoom, or save and zoom and you can see the bullet holes and debris clearly.

New tracer effect is pretty awesome too.

Nice Job, 40.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/16/17 09:03 PM

RELEASE 4L0MFX 0_95

Hi 4L0M,

I missed this post...thanks so much for this! thumbsup

Has anybody added this to the bug list or wish list (not sure which it is). If not, I'll post something asking to get the trigger turned back on. It had been turned on for most editions of WOFF, and since there were no grahpics for it, the Brick Works building disappeared when destroyed. So I'm guessing the trigger could be turned back on pretty easily if we let OBD know about it.

Thanks!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/17/17 10:14 PM

I made my first skin pack. 50 skins - JSGME ready.

23 skins for the Snipe and 27 for the Halb.D.II

Not remotely historically accurate ( well, 3 are I think,lol )

Made for a bit of variety, some you may like, most you will probably hate, but there you go.............

etc etc etc

DOWNLOAD MEDIAFIRE :

4L0M SkinPack V1

enjoy!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/17/17 10:18 PM

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/21/17 12:58 AM

Hi guys. I would like to add a nice round version 1_0 to my effects mod and then I will likely knock Woff modding on the head and move on to something else, so if there is anything you want added, or anything needs fixing, please let me know, so I can get it sorted for a final version. Cheers!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/21/17 02:04 AM

4L0M, thanks for all the hard work. Any chance of "freezing" the lakes in the winter, or at least get some snow on the shores for winter textures? I don't think it's in right now.
Is it in your power to make the planes that crash into the ground to burn? Currently I think they just leave a crater with no fire (just smoke). If not, maybe make a crater texture with the red embers? Probably won't see it from the air. Cheers!
Posted By: Dornil

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/21/17 03:54 PM

Is it possible to make tracer smoke darker and longer? I.e. which lines in effects.xml should I look at?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/21/17 08:50 PM

Fullofit, most of that should be manageable.

Dornil, I can do that for you with textures, you won't need to edit any xml files. Any more requests, let me know and I will look to sort it out at the weekend. Thanks.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 12:30 AM

Thanks 4L0M, looking forward to your next release!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 12:38 AM

Autumn and Winter tiles with a little more "brown" to the grass ????

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 12:40 AM

Is it possible to improve upon the flames for burning aircraft?
Posted By: The_3rd_Guru

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 02:00 AM

I don't want to appear critical of this fantastic mod. I've been extremely impressed with the improvements you have made, 4LOM. You've especially improved the coastline and riverbank textures. (These looks so, so much better now!)

However, I'm not the biggest fan of the rain textures. When I finally saw the rain in your mod, it seemed like thick molasses was slowly dripping from the sky. It just didn't look very realistic or immersive to me. Is there any way the rain could be more in line with PrecipitFX in FSX?

But, again, 4LOM, I don't want to appear critical. I'm extremely impressed by your mod overall.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: The_3rd_Guru
I don't want to appear critical of this fantastic mod. I've been extremely impressed with the improvements you have made, 4LOM. You've especially improved the coastline and riverbank textures. (These looks so, so much better now!)

However, I'm not the biggest fan of the rain textures. When I finally saw the rain in your mod, it seemed like thick molasses was slowly dripping from the sky. It just didn't look very realistic or immersive to me. Is there any way the rain could be more in line with PrecipitFX in FSX?

But, again, 4LOM, I don't want to appear critical. I'm extremely impressed by your mod overall.

I echo this words from T3G,it's the only part of the mod where I keep OBD,S original textures

But I would like to extend my thanks for the incredible mod that you have given this fantastic sim,and this brilliant community.

Please keep us updated as to your new adventure and I hope to still see you popping in to see us lads from time to time
Always my best regards
Adger cheers

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 04:24 AM

4L0M

Thanks for your terrific work on WOFF. Please check back from time to time..

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 05:13 AM

Um... Now that we are talking preferences, I would dare to mention two things:
1) Trees. I know those have been tweaked for 100 times already, but it's more about personal preferences I guess. The current version a too bright and vivid to my taste (especially summer ones), I liked the ones from 0_70 version best.
2) Coastlines. Same thing - my favourite are from 0_75.

Probably you could just kindly provide directions on which files to swap with earlier versions? So that everyone could cater to their own preferences?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 01:59 PM

Panama Red - I will have a look for you mate.

Hellshade - There isn't much that can be done with the flames unfortunately. As there aren't any particle effect physics in the game engine, Smoke & flames etc are just continually repeated flat 2d textures. The lack of particle physics is also the main reason why we can't have volumetric clouds either. In what way do you think they may be improved?

To be fair, it is a 14 year old game engine, and OBD and Ankor have worked miracles to get it looking as good as it does today compared to stock CFS3.

The_3rd_Guru - as above, the rain in game is just a continually scrolling 512x512px texture, so nothing like Precipfx (which I also personally use for FSX/P3D) is likely to be acheivable. I will look to see if I can do something better though ( I'm currently not happy with it either if it's any consolation ).

Dornil - Why did you have to mention the bloody trees again?!?! lol!

I have all 4 of my pc's hooked up to different HDTV's not monitors, so I wonder if that is why they look ok for me but oversaturated for other people?

I have been making the mod on my personally built "Steam Machine", which I like to call the "Tardis", due to the amount of crap I have managed to cram into such a small space. The Tardis is hooked up to a 55" 2015 LG Smart TV, and the saturation looks fine to me, but what I will do, is take one final pass at desaturating them, and then you can choose which one's to download, How's that?

I wanted to make a final pass on the shorelines anyway, as I have remade all of the alpha channels by hand and cleaned them up.

The reason I said I would give up modding WOFF is due to thinking of ideas of what to change, how to change it etc, so anymore suggestions, just let me know, Thanks !

If anyone is interested, The Tardis : ( Anybody who is OCD about Cable management should probably look away now............)

Tardis Spec :

Thermaltake Core V1 mini ITX Cube Case
Z97E-ITX/ac Motherboard
16Gb Hyper-x 2100Mhz Ram
550watt Corsair PSU
i5 4690k @ 4.2Ghz - H60 Watercooler
Asus Strix 970 GTX
1 x Sandisk Plus 256Gb SSD
1 x Samsung Evo 850 256Gb SSD
1 x Sandisk Plus 480Gb SSD
1 x Samsung 1TB Storage drive
1 x Toshiba 4TB Enterprise drive

........told you....Tardis.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 02:33 PM

To be fair, it is a 14 year old game engine, and OBD and Ankor have worked miracles to get it looking as good as it does today compared to stock CFS3.

Absolutely true. +1 to that.

As far as the Tardis is concerned, I'm a little worried it's going to blow a Flux Capacitor or something. biggrin

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 03:22 PM

Sorry about bringing up the trees again:) It's really not about the monitor settings, but more like a general look. I try to elaborate:
Don't know about France or Britain (especially 100 years ago), but where I fly now, the trees don't look brighter than the grass they are standing on. I am ok with bright trees in spring - they add a sort of "fresh" vibe. In autumn too - they are of different colors anyway. But in summer the trees shouldn't be much brighter than the terrain itself; shouldn't be darker either.
Just my subjective opinion. Sorry again.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 03:52 PM

Argghhh them cables...my eyes my poor eyes biggrin

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 08:16 PM

4L0M, please don't mess with the shoreline. Finally, that foam has been removed.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 09:23 PM

Don't worry Banjoman, the foam is never coming back !

Autumn/Winter - Browner grass / Mud Overhaul WIP as suggested by Panama Red :

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 09:46 PM

You continually amaze, looks great.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/22/17 10:17 PM

Thank you, The grass it looks more "dormant" now. thumbsup

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/24/17 12:03 PM

RELEASE 4L0MFX 1_0

4L0MFX - 1_0 (JSGME INSTALL ) - uninstall previous version with JSGME first and then delete old mod folder before installing new versions

Changed : Final Tree tweaking (No really) - Desaturated Summer/Spring Trees, Desaturated Autumn Hi-Def Trees - suggestion from Dornil & Robert Wiggins.

NEW :

Rain effects completely reworked - similar to stock, but a lot more subtle, the closest in my opinion to any semblance of a precipfx style effect we can hope for by editing textures alone. It will be way too subtle for some, but I prefer this kind of effect than full on rain dashes everywhere. Hopefully doesn't look like it's clipping through your wing anymore. - suggestion from The_3rd_Guru

Snow build up on Winter full shorelines - suggestion by Fullofit

DOWNLOAD MEDIAFIRE

4L0MFX 1_0 DOWNLOAD

RELEASED

4L0M - Ground Season Textures

Hand painted colour replacement tool for the Ground texture tiles for Autumn, Autumn with Snow, Winter, Winter Light & Winter Medium. Made these Seasons less green and added a lot of brown grass/mud depth to the landscape. Left Summer/Spring and Winter Full Textures as stock for more variety. - Suggestion from Panama Red.

DOWNLOAD MEDIAFIRE

4L0M Ground Season Textures Download

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

enjoy!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/24/17 12:11 PM

4L0M,

Honestly, you are awesome!

I really thank you for your wonderful additions which further improve this already wonderful sim.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/24/17 02:39 PM

Uploaded to the User Mods Page:

http://www.thatoneplease.co/indexWOFF.html

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/25/17 12:45 AM

Wow.
Not much left to say at this point.
Very nice! And appreciated.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/25/17 10:46 AM

The trees now are just hitting the right spot, in my humble opinion. Especially the in autumn with those new muddy fields! Excellent!
But the shoreline still looks a bit too wide and bright to my taste. I.e. it is more or less OK at the sea, but somewhat out of picture af far as it comes to the lakes.
And the tracers - is it just my imagination, or they became smaller, less bright and generally less visible?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/25/17 12:04 PM

Hi Dornil. You are correct, the shorelines are too wide. I have made new alpha channels to rectify this already, I did it last week.................but can't remember where I saved them, lol. If I can't find them, I will remake them.

The new tracers I made are actually brighter than stock, but about half the length, they personally annoyed me coming out of some guns in cockpit view, they just looked too big, I have added a slightly larger, darker smoke effect to the tracers too.

I appreciate that you wanted darker longer smoke, I can upload a different texture for you if you want it all. Cheers!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/25/17 12:10 PM

I would be very grateful of course!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/25/17 01:07 PM

The Autumn and Winter tiles look great, thank you very much. woot

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/25/17 05:28 PM

Cheers guys!

RELEASE 4L0MFX 1_05

4L0MFX - 1_05 (JSGME INSTALL ) - uninstall previous version with JSGME first and then delete old mod folder before installing new versions

Changed : Darkened all shorelines and narrowed them considerably.

NEW :

New more subtle snow effects.

Download 4L0MFX 1_05 - Mediafire

4L0MFX 1_05 Download

[Linked Image]

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/25/17 07:30 PM

Super, thx! thumbsup

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/26/17 10:55 AM

Uploaded to the User Mods page shortly:

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/27/17 09:10 PM

Choo Choo !

[Linked Image]

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/27/17 11:31 PM

Awesome work 4L0M. That train is fantastic!

Is it possible to make the rivers have the same water effects and the lakes and ocean?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/28/17 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by 4L0M
Choo Choo !

4L0M,

This looks absolutely magnificent. For someone who seemingly announced his retirement, you sure are unusually busy!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/28/17 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Hellshade
Awesome work 4L0M. That train is fantastic!

Is it possible to make the rivers have the same water effects and the lakes and ocean?

Not sure what you mean mate? Do you mean animated?

Originally Posted by The_3rd_Guru
Choo Choo !

4L0M,

This looks absolutely magnificent. For someone who seemingly announced his retirement, you sure are unusually busy!

Thanks. I basically make mods, software and stuff all the time as a hobby and said I was going to knock it on the head because I was running out of ideas of what to do next to be honest. Call it "Writers block" or something along those lines.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stache

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/28/17 04:55 PM

This is more good stuff 4L0M - I am really enjoying your clouds and effects mods. cheers

On a recent Airfield attack... I actually saw tents collapse when hit enough.. not sure if that was your mod or not. First time I saw it and I said.. ah that's cool.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/28/17 08:05 PM

I was running out of ideas of what to do next to be honest. Call it "Writers block" or something along those lines.

Hi 4L0M,

All this looks fantastic! Here's a question/idea: I haven't been able to play lately, but at one time, many of the "added" buildings (I believe they are Geezer's) in Panama's detailed airfield mod didn't have damage models. They would smoke and burn, and then stand there looking perfect after they are destroyed. These buildings have become pretty much a static set, so I don't think they would be a moving target for you. Have you already, or is there a chance you could add damage models for these buildings. Your new damage models look great for the stock buildings, how about some for the Geezer models (if not already done)?

Thanks for all this! Maybe we'll keep coming up with enough ideas to keep you around on a permanent basis! thumbsup

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 02/28/17 10:05 PM

Yes, are animated rivers possible? Might be more of an AnKor question. Not sure but I think it would be very cool.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/02/17 01:32 AM

@Hellshade, Animated rivers could technically be possible, (Like the Thames in game for example), but someone would have to map where all the rivers were in game ( are they actually in real world positions on the map? I have no idea ). The current small rivers are Single textures only I'm afraid.

@Bucksnort, I would never mess with anyone else's mod without permission from the original mod author.

Ground Textures for Seasons V2 :

BEFORE :

[Linked Image]

AFTER :

[Linked Image]

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/02/17 03:32 AM

I would never mess with anyone else's mod without permission from the original mod autthor

I edited and imported those models from First Eagles into WOFF with Geezer's permission. He didn't mind as long as I gave him credit for the originator of the models.

Nice effect, but why do the roads look washed out?

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/02/17 04:03 AM

I actually prefer the roads less noticeable as I have always found the cities or towns looking empty and break the immersion a bit ... and have been meaning to ask 4l and you others ... is there anything we can do 1 to make the cities 'fuller' with buildings etc, 2 with more varied buildings or at least building colors and 3 a bit more organic (which I think the washed out roads does a bit, at least for my taste) - just curious and as always thanks to all of you for the continued wonderful efforts!!! very very much appreciated
cheers, Ron

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/02/17 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldHat

They look like that to appear more natural compared to the surroundings, I made a rough and ready mask of the roads and slightly retextured them. The mask that I have made is the best that I'm prepared to do for the insane amount of time it would take to make pixel perfect masks of the urban tiles.

In reply to manitouguy,

1 :

I don't know what calls the buildings, but my guess is that they are allocated a space onto the urban/village tiles. While I'm sure you could add lots more for little to zero performance hit on our modern hardware, you may see them start to appear in odd places.

2 :

I could indeed make the building colours more varied, but as each building texture is only 256px x 256px including the roofs, chimneys etc, there isn't too much to work with, but I will look into it for you, no promises though.

3 :

Things looking more "Organic", is what I always strive for, there are obviously trade-offs here and there, and at the end of the day, everyone has different takes and tastes on the subject.

Cheers!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/02/17 05:12 PM

RELEASE 4L0MFX 1_10

4L0MFX - 1_10 (JSGME INSTALL) - uninstall previous version with JSGME first and then delete old mod folder before installing new versions

NEW :

New lens flare textures

New textures for :

All 3 different train boxcars retextured - 3 different colours 1 each for British, German and Generic train cars.

New Retextures :

Train Flatcar
A7V Tank
18 Pounder Gun
British AA Gun
Search Light ( Not the actual beam of light itself, Just the Model )
77mm Gun
German AA Gun
MKA Whippet
Mk IV Tank
Renault Ambulance

( If you see any of these out in the wilds, Please take a screenshot ! Thanks! )

Optimised :

All tree lods are now finally the same size. Drastically, if not completely removes LOD pop-in on trees. This also reduces V-Ram usage, though this won't be be noticeable unless you are running seriously old hardware.

DOWNLOAD MEDIAFIRE :

4L0MFX 1_10 Download

[Linked Image]

enjoy!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/02/17 05:44 PM

Wow, this is fantastic! Now with the the three clearly distinct train colors based upon country / neutrality, Train Strafing might very likely become a new hobby for me! Thanks 4L0M! This is truly awesome stuff.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/02/17 06:12 PM

TERRIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/02/17 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by OldHat

They look like that to appear more natural compared to the surroundings, I made a rough and ready mask of the roads and slightly retextured them. The mask that I have made is the best that I'm prepared to do for the insane amount of time it would take to make pixel perfect masks of the urban tiles.

They look terrific in game. Those screenshots don't do it justice.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/02/17 07:12 PM

Thanks everyone.

RELEASE : 4L0M Ground Season Textures V2 :

New subtle retexture for grass tiles, dirt, forests and urban areas for all seasons. You may like it or completely hate it, who knows? We will call V2 a beta version, as it frazzled my brain trying to remember which part of which season I had or hadn't retextured screwy Let me know if you encounter any problems.

DOWNLOAD MEDIAFIRE :

4L0M Ground Season Textures V2 Download

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/02/17 07:54 PM

Awesome , 4L0M
Thank you very much
I wish the option " Clear Sky " should have a better blue color, something like this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxGENtJzoxY
Posted By: Shredward

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/02/17 08:21 PM

Mediterranean or California blue skies would look a little out of place over Flanders.
Cheers,
shredward

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/03/17 03:11 AM

Can anyone else report faster, smoother texture loading, even on mission start, when using the V2 of 40LMs Ground Season Textures? Just wondering if it's placebo effect or things actually seem to run smoother. I didn't notice any tree popping either, but I didn't spend that long looking.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/03/17 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Shredward
Mediterranean or California blue skies would look a little out of place over Flanders.
Cheers,
shredward

The blue sky over Paris looks different like the one from L. A.??

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/03/17 05:47 AM

thanks 4l for the reply and info ... and more changes !! I didn't mean that your work, or OBD's was not 'organic' I simply meant I have often wondered how to make the cities feel a bit less static and geometric and sparse ... when I fly many of the buildings are not over the 'tiles' where roads end, by cities sometimes look empty ... is there a setting for that or are some villages simply not programmed to be fully populated over the 'ground map' .. I have all settings I can find maxed so have always wondered

cheers, Ron

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/03/17 10:45 AM

RELEASE 4L0MFX 1_10

4L0MFX - 1_10 (JSGME INSTALL) - uninstall previous version with JSGME first and then delete old mod folder before installing new versions

NEW :

New lens flare textures

New textures for :

All 3 different train boxcars retextured - 3 different colours 1 each for British, German and Generic train cars.

New Retextures :

Train Flatcar
A7V Tank
18 Pounder Gun
British AA Gun
Search Light ( Not the actual beam of light itself, Just the Model )
77mm Gun
German AA Gun
MKA Whippet
Mk IV Tank
Renault Ambulance

( If you see any of these out in the wilds, Please take a screenshot ! Thanks! )

Optimised :

All tree lods are now finally the same size. Drastically, if not completely removes LOD pop-in on trees. This also reduces V-Ram usage, though this won't be be noticeable unless you are running seriously old hardware.

DOWNLOAD MEDIAFIRE :

4L0MFX 1_10 Download

[Linked Image]

enjoy!

Uploaded to the User Mods Page:

http://www.thatoneplease.co/indexWOFF.html

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/03/17 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hellshade
Can anyone else report faster, smoother texture loading, even on mission start, when using the V2 of 40LMs Ground Season Textures? Just wondering if it's placebo effect or things actually seem to run smoother. I didn't notice any tree popping either, but I didn't spend that long looking.

I wish I could take credit for that, but I'm sure it's just a Placebo unfortunately mate.

RELEASE 4L0M CloudMod_2k_Set 2

All new cloud set 2k Vol 2 - Only have 1 cloud set activated in JSGME at a time if you also have my version 1 cloud mod ! ! ! ! ! ! !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Download Cloud Mod 2K - Set 2

4L0M Cloud Mod 2K Set 2 Download

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/03/17 03:14 PM

Can you tell us what is different in this second set from the first one?

Looks great, BTW.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/03/17 03:29 PM

The first set and the second set both use completely different cloud textures, so you can have more variety in game. Use one set, next time you play, deactivate that set and activate the other one for different clouds in game.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/03/17 04:42 PM

4L0M - You are probably right, of course, that the seemingly much faster and smoother loading of textures are a placebo effect but I do have to say that I flew multiple missions last night for both Germans and the Allies and every time, I had virtually no stutter on the initial loading of the mission. Normally I pause the sim, switch to an outside view and rotate around to load all the textures and then pop back into the cockpit and things run smooth from there. I didn't need to do that at all. Maybe a split second of texture loading and it was done and that was immediately after using your V2 of the Ground Scenery textures. Also, blue triangles when flying near the ground were almost non-existent. Has anyone else noticed that or did I just get a lucky 6 or 8 missions in a row?

This was one of the campaign dogfights, too. Great fun!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/04/17 06:21 AM

You make excellent videos Hellshade. Your energy management is really good too.

My favourite part of the video is right at the end, when you have been all over that guys tail, at one point almost close enough to reach out of the Cockpit and punch the opposing pilot, then your wingman just bangs a couple of rounds into him like, " Bloody hell, hurry up, I want to go home", lol.

No you mention the above, I seem to be getting very very minimal blue triangles now when fast panning, but I'm still convinced it's a placebo or something, who knows?
Posted By: MajorMagee

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/05/17 12:20 AM

AnKor's recent shaders addressed most of the blue triangle problem.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 03/05/17 02:11 AM

Another great video mate,I agree..I use HH,s limited head movement profile in Track ir, and wether it's AnKors shaders or 4Loms textures i dunno.

But I too very rarely see the blue triangles.Amazing work by all involved

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 06/06/17 07:07 PM

Shameless mod bump post.

I noticed that due to simhq forums having weird layout based on date, their is no page 2 for mods section (at least on PC), which is pretty stupid, so any newcomer to the site can't see my mods. Apologies if this is frowned upon, but a lot of posts on the mods page aren't actually mods anyway, so I think it should be ok, Cheers!

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 06/11/17 08:32 PM

I certainly don't have a problem with this since I love your mods. I've missed seeing you here on the forums, I'm hoping everything is going well with you.

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 06/12/17 12:17 AM

Yes this deserves a bump. It's an outstanding mod. I wish I could think of more ways for you to contribute! smile

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 06/12/17 02:37 AM

4L0M

Love your mod as well..are you putting your talents to any other projects for WOFF? (hint,hint) ;>)

Re: 4L0M New Effects for UE - 06/12/17 09:46 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it!

I am modding a bit at the moment....but not currently for Woff sadly. I can't stop flying in Prepar3D V4, it's absolutely awesome.

I ported the stock FSX Airbus A321 into P3D (literally just copying the folder in simobjects over) and it works flawlessly, but the Virtual cockpit is a massive eyesore, so I have been making some 4k Virtual cockpits for it :

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cheers!

Posted By: tony2006

Re: JSGME oddities since 4.12 update - 01/24/21 07:46 PM

Safe to say this mod doesnt improve anything over PE?
Posted By: VonS

Re: JSGME oddities since 4.12 update - 01/24/21 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by tony2006
Safe to say this mod doesnt improve anything over PE?

I recommend running with the PE ed. of WOFF only mods. that are labelled as PE-compatible, by the mod-developer/tweaker. A fairly thorough list of the latest mods. is available under this post, by Becker (https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4509912/release-of-mods-where). Also, my GPU Tuner mod and all FM mods are compatible both with the UE and PE eds. of WOFF. As far as I know, the "effects mod" by 4L0M is only for the UE ed. of WOFF.

Happy flying,
Von S smile2
© 2024 SimHQ Forums