homepage

Is this thing decent? Sale on....

Posted By: robmypro

Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/25/15 10:58 PM

Just wondering if this is worth getting. Is it fun? Does it run well? How's SP?

Thanks!
Posted By: TychosElk

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/26/15 12:40 AM

Fun? Yes? Run well? With a decent gaming PC, probably (as with anything still under development, updates sometime bring new issues...) As for SP, the in-game campaign isn't too popular, but Pat Wilson is porting his much-liked RoF campaign generator to BoS/BoM, and reports so far suggest it will be a game-changer for SP.
Posted By: Bearcat99

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/26/15 01:20 AM

Is it decent? Yes.. Is it fun? Yes.. SP? It depends on what you want from SP. SP is a work in progress at the moment. It has gotten better and it is going to be better.. but many die hard SP folks do not like the way SP is implemented in BoS.. I would suggest that you wait for the next sale.. which should be soon... and when that happens buy the Premium edition.

In the mean time go to the official site to get a broader perspective on the sim as far as where it is in it's development cycle and what it is like from the perspective of many who use it.

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/26/15 01:31 AM

Okay thanks guys. Bought the premium edition for 50% off on Steam. Looking forward to giving it a go once i need a break from BMS.

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/26/15 01:33 AM

I did not know there was a sale on ... smile

I paid full price for it early on and I am happy with it. I just wish I had more time to fly. At $40 it is a steal in my opinion.

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/26/15 02:51 AM

Thanks bear. Looking forward to it!
Posted By: HeinKill

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/26/15 04:52 PM

Worth 40 bucks for sure
Posted By: Johnny_Redd

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/26/15 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: robmypro

Thanks!

Hi Rob,
Would be interested in your opinion of the game once you've played it. I would be interested in a new players perspective. Worth the money? Would you pay full price for what you get?
Posted By: Ami7b5

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/26/15 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: HeinKill
Worth 40 bucks for sure

^^ This

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/26/15 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Johnny_Redd
Thanks!

Hi Rob,
Would be interested in your opinion of the game once you've played it. I would be interested in a new players perspective. Worth the money? Would you pay full price for what you get?

I think considering that there is just so much more to it one year out than there was a year ago.. it has to be a better experience overall although for me it was never a bad experience.. just challenging at times. Think about it.. a year ago this time we did not even have skin templates out.. no ME of any kind.. just the initial maps.. and all the 400+ tweaks, fixes and add ons that anyone buying this sim this week would get were not present. I never did feel ripped off because for me it was supporting the sim and I was confident that things would improve.. and I have no doubt that a year from now this sim will be even better. For $40 with what is here now... BoS is a better buy than some of the classics that were actually selling for $50 then..

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/26/15 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
Thanks!

Hi Rob,

I think considering that there is just so much more to it one year out than there was a year ago.. it has to be a better experience overall although for me it was never a bad experience.. just challenging at times. Think about it.. a year ago this time we did not even have skin templates out.. no ME of any kind.. just the initial maps.. and all the 400+ tweaks, fixes and add ons that anyone buying this sim this week would get were not present. I never did feel ripped off because for me it was supporting the sim and I was confident that things would improve.. and I have no doubt that a year from now this sim will be even better. For $40 with what is here now... BoS is a better buy than some of the classics that were actually selling for $50 then..

With all due respect bearcat I know your opinion of the game. I was asking for rob, as a newcomer, for his opinion.

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/26/15 07:42 PM

With all due respect johnny red.. my post does not stop rob from replying...

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/26/15 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Bearcat99
With all due respect johnny red.. my post does not stop rob from replying...

With all due respect bearcat you quoted my post that was a question directed at rob not you. Everybody is well aware of your feelings towards this game. I'm not saying you're biased but I would like the opinion of one who is new to the game. Whether its worth the money and whether rob would pay the full price for the game if there were no sale on.
I'm trying to gauge whether the developers, in the minds of the new customers, have set the price for this game too high. And whether a drop in price would be of more benefit, in bringing new customers to the game, than the current round of marketing ideas. Namely mouse control and tanks.

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/26/15 10:06 PM

Thanks!

Hi Rob,

Way too soon to tell. I tried a mission today and have more questions than answers. I have an x52 pro, but saw no way to configure it (i could just pick mouse or joystick). Throttle control was reversed, but figuring there is a setting somewhere to reverse. Graphics looked decent, and it runs fine on my pc (4770k w/gtx770) but i need a lot more time with it. Can't say if i will like it or not yet.
Posted By: Prangster

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/26/15 11:13 PM

Robmypro, the best place to start answering your question is with the manual.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16752-il-2bos-user-manual-released-first-edition-english/

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/27/15 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Prangster
Robmypro, the best place to start answering your question is with the manual.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/16752-il-2bos-user-manual-released-first-edition-english/

Thanks! I suspected it might come down to...RTFM!
Posted By: toonces

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/28/15 04:53 PM

Are the driveable tanks in BoS?

Edit: I'm actually thinking of picking this up now for the MP primarily. I'm not really sure what the state of the game is, though, so I'm watching this thread closely.
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/28/15 05:50 PM

Is OK for MP - has some limitations due game design, but no big issue, the rest is player behavior (like in any game).

An the flyable... err. driveable tanks are good and FUN. A welcome addition to the CFS/G genre. wink
Posted By: Vitesse

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/28/15 07:52 PM

Looks good, plays well. Needs a decent pc.

I bought it during a sale and I'm not disappointed.

The game scales from sim lite to hard core enough for me.
Posted By: kestrel79

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 11/28/15 09:21 PM

Yes get it! For me it has the best "feeling of flight" out of any flight sim I've played.
Posted By: The_Winger

Re: Is this thing decent? Sale on.... - 12/14/15 03:56 PM

Right now the best thing you can do if you are looking for a WWII Flightsim qith decent planeset, awesome flight physics and ever growing onliecommunity.
Get it. Its a bargain for what you get.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums