homepage

On the hunt for arsenic? Try here

Posted By: Rook_336th

On the hunt for arsenic? Try here - 10/13/16 08:19 PM

Go to a star system called "Aasgaa" there you will find someone named Yoda to help you complete your train..., oh wait, sorry, got my galaxies crossed for a sec...

You will however find vast quantities of arsenic on the first planet of the Aasgaa system for all your FSD upgrade needs. It's a small planet (0.15 gravity) but is rather flat and easy to drive on so bonus. Been there multiple times now and have found 10 - 20 arsenic in a few minutes of scanning. It's also a bonus that the coriolis station in orbit (Steiner platform) actually stocks and SELLS magnetic emitter coils.

Now just need a reliable source for chemical manipulators.
Posted By: - Ice

Re: On the hunt for arsenic? Try here - 10/13/16 08:27 PM

Wow! None of that made sense at all so I guess the game has moved A LOT forward since I last played!

Re: On the hunt for arsenic? Try here - 10/14/16 02:27 AM

My current pet project in Elite is preparing for a huge expedition by outfitting my ultimate exploration Anaconda. As a result I have to collect large sums of FSD lvl 5 upgrade materials for Felicity Farseer to play jump drive roulette.

I have the Anaconda up to a 45Ly jump but I feel it can do better. 30 - 40 more rolls at Farseer base will allow to be more certain. biggrin
Posted By: Harry-the-Ruskie

Re: On the hunt for arsenic? Try here - 10/14/16 03:59 AM

For the benefit of Ice, I followed Musty's guide on Farseer :-

As the guide showed, it's easy enough getting all the way to Lvl 4 by spamming Lvl 1 rolls because that just require 1 Atypical Distorted Wake Echoes and those are plentiful after an hour of scanning High Wakes. Lvl 1 rolls do little once you reach LvL 4, so you are forced to hunt for the materials required from Lvl 4 mods. They are relatively easy to acquire and you need 3 rolls of Lvl 4 to gain enough rep to gain access into Lvl 5 mods.

It seems people are having most problems finding the Arsenic and Chemical Mnipulators although the Musty video suggests Arsenic can be acquired at a planet in Decait. I have to try Rook's location to see if I am getting the same quantities as he is.

As for Chemical Manipulators, Musty recommends searching at Unidentified Signal Sources - Combat Aftermath.

I'm just starting to gather stuf for Lvl 4 FSD rolls, so I cannot confirm any of methods beyond what I completed on Lvl 3
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: On the hunt for arsenic? Try here - 10/14/16 02:20 PM

I remember finding Chemical Manipulators in USS types "Encoded Emissions" and "High Grade Emissions" from time to time.

Last night I saw 3 of them offered in mission rewards.

Re: On the hunt for arsenic? Try here - 10/17/16 06:23 PM

So I sussed out the chemical manipulator problem... but it's very disappointing of Frontier's game design that I have to use an exploit to find a reliable source and also break the role play of my pilot to do something that would never have been done in my normal travels. This was after the usual means of searching degraded, encoded, high-grade, and combat aftermath signal sources the whole weekend with nothing to show for it.

Click to reveal..
So after much frustration, I hunted down an Anarchy system in War state on the galactic map and scanned for a seeking weapons POI when I arrived in the system. Once I jumped into the instance, I became a reaver and massacred every T-9 within scanner range. After logging in/out a half dozen times and killing a dozen or more innocent T-9s, I had my pound of flesh in salvage (24 chemical manipulators). Roll on jump drive roulette!
Posted By: Peally

Re: On the hunt for arsenic? Try here - 10/17/16 06:27 PM

This thread title is going to interest an FBI bot somewhere.
Posted By: Harry-the-Ruskie

Re: On the hunt for arsenic? Try here - 10/19/16 09:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Peally
This thread title is going to interest an FBI bot somewhere.

That's why it's a bot. It is suppose to be stupid
Posted By: 172ndHamm

Re: On the hunt for arsenic? Try here - 02/17/17 03:48 AM

Reviving an old thread, but I've just been to see Engineer Elvira M. about extending my FSD jump range, and was on the hunt for Arsenic.

Arsenic: There's a Pristine (virtually unmined)planet 8 lightyears from Elvira's base at Khun. SUHTE B 1 is supposed to have 2.1% Arsenic. An hour of surface mining garnered me 6 units of Arsenic and ridiculous amounts of Iron, Nickel, Cadmium, and Molyb. 2 crash sites gave up Chemical Manipulators too. So it's not necessary to go to Decait (500+ lightyears) or the California Nebula (900+ LYs).
Posted By: Kazius

Re: On the hunt for arsenic? Try here - 02/21/17 05:49 AM

Just so people also know. It is good that you find a Pristine system but also make sure the planet is low on Grade 1 materials suchs as Iron, Copper, etc. Usually around 20% or bit lower for very common materials or else you are going to find mostly those regardless of the % of the rare material.

I'm not sure where everyone is located, however I have almost every engineer unlocked and have done mostly Grade 5 upgrades on my Corvette and a few other ships. So if anyone needs help in game just let me know and I will hopefully have answers or can help.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums